• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

amiibo Thread

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
I have never played a chibi robo game so I was not sure if I would like it and didn't really want to drop $50 for it.
you are not obligated to buy it

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well I had nothing better to do this morning so me and my brother decided to get to BB early. I think we got here a little too early, but at least we will get our Dark Pits; there are only four ahead of us.

Got 'em! One of my favorite characters is now mine! Also: last hunt until September!

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
you are not obligated to buy it
Uh I know I'm not that's why I'm glad it was available without the game on amazon jp so I have an option of getting just the amiibo :|

The AC cards already sold out in Japan, Nintendo apologies for the low stocks

JP likes amiibo cards, the rest of the world likes amiibo figures.
Yeah they have said from the beginning that these type of figures aren't what the Japanese market prefers since they are too big and that market is much more saturated with high quality figures than NA and Europe. I hope they don't try to push cards too hard thanks to Japan though because they're actually kind of expensive for just cardboard and the random aspect really sucks..

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I found a lone Greninja in a TRU today. Couldn't help but pick it up, since its the only Pokemon I wanted

AuraChannelerChris

"How did you manage to faint while standing up?"

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
I managed to get Dark Pit off Best Buy's website. It stayed up longer than I expected... maybe the stock in the US is getting better? Wishful thinking.

I already had Dark Pit though (imported it so as not to have to deal with Best Buy's lines), but I plan on gifting it for a friend of mine since she mains Dark Pit.

AuraChannelerChris

I managed to get Dark Pit off Best Buy's website. It stayed up longer than I expected... maybe the stock in the US is getting better? Wishful thinking.

I already had Dark Pit though (imported it so as not to have to deal with Best Buy's lines), but I plan on gifting it for a friend of mine since she mains Dark Pit.
Apparently, the website, much like TigerDirect, did not handle orders well and had to inform late 20-minute buyers that their orders were too late anyway.

Hopefully you weren't one of them.

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
Apparently, the website, much like TigerDirect, did not handle orders well and had to inform late 20-minute buyers that their orders were too late anyway.

Hopefully you weren't one of them.
I got mine within 2 minutes of it going up, so no, I was not one of them who got an email that said it was a no go. Having ordered from them before they had all my info saved, so it was no muss, no fuss.

...At least it was better than the Lucina/Robin preorders for Wave 4 that disappeared as soon as they went up.

Aegon

My amiibo-collecting scratch is starting to itch. I haven't gotten any in a few weeks and I'm not sure if I can hold out for the 8-bit Mario in September. The increased availability of amiibo in Europe would allow me to buy almost any figure of my choosing, but I've spent an unreasonable amount on them already. Considering the unmarked amiibo here, which are generally of the highest quality?

TheEliteEmpoleon

I'd go with a Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus one if I was looking for a quality, detailed amiibo. They're all nice, though, ao I'd say go with what you want.

Feline

Why?
Okay, I have a question...can amiibos be used on the ORIGINAL 3DS (NOT 3DSXL or new 3DSXL)? I don't have the newer versions of the 3DS or a Wii U. If so what games? I *might* get a Wii U in the future but I highly DOUBT it, especially with the NX possibly coming out in a couple of years.

Okay i'll admit, I REALLY want an amiibo of my very own, but I don't have Smash. I can't do internet on the 3DS anymore because it's all messed up which sucks. Since I can't do internet on the 3DS, I don't think it'll work on a Wii U either. The little hedgehog amiibo from Animal Crossing, I think his or her name is Mabel but I could be wrong, it just looks so CUTE! Sadly, it could only be used for that Mario Party Style Animal Crossing Spinoff which looks sucky to me. And once again, don't have a Wii U so that's out of the question.

Please mail me on this topic. I don't come on Serebii much. Thank you.

Good luck amiibo hunting everyone.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, I have a question...can amiibos be used on the ORIGINAL 3DS (NOT 3DSXL or new 3DSXL)? I don't have the newer versions of the 3DS or a Wii U. If so what games? I *might* get a Wii U in the future but I highly DOUBT it, especially with the NX possibly coming out in a couple of years.
Need an accessory to use amiibo on the old 3DS systems.

Genos

BOCW

Okay i'll admit, I REALLY want an amiibo of my very own, but I don't have Smash. I can't do internet on the 3DS anymore because it's all messed up which sucks. Since I can't do internet on the 3DS, I don't think it'll work on a Wii U either. The little hedgehog amiibo from Animal Crossing, I think his or her name is Mabel but I could be wrong, it just looks so CUTE! Sadly, it could only be used for that Mario Party Style Animal Crossing Spinoff which looks sucky to me. And once again, don't have a Wii U so that's out of the question.

Please mail me on this topic. I don't come on Serebii much. Thank you.

Good luck amiibo hunting everyone.
There's a NFC reader for OG 3DS that's coming in 9/25. Which is available to pre-order.

Feline

Why?
Thanks for the info. I found an article on this stuff so YAY!

I also found compatible games on I think was the Nintendo official website. Not many for me, but I remain hopeful.

AuraChannelerChris

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
huh, interesting. so even though they're posed different, have they confirmed if one isabelle = another isabelle in terms of gameplay? i'm not really into the cards at all but that's kind of neat since there seemed to be SO MANY, maybe you won't have to get every single one of them to get all of the gameplay elements.

R_N

huh, interesting. so even though they're posed different, have they confirmed if one isabelle = another isabelle in terms of gameplay? i'm not really into the cards at all but that's kind of neat since there seemed to be SO MANY, maybe you won't have to get every single one of them to get all of the gameplay elements.
All Isabelles are Isabelles. That Isabelle is literally just the same card in a different pose. It's not even that different a pose.

It's like how Gold & Silver Mario are just SMB Mario, itself just Smash Mario for all intents and purposes. Mario Party 10 is the only game that recongized anything different about Gold Mario and that was just to color the play piece gold.

e: I'm guessing the eventual alt-season Isabelles will work exactly the same, but just have a different outfit-ingame

Last edited: