• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amity Square stupid fact

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
It's funny how they don't allow Eevee in the park, yet they allow Torterra and Infernape. While I'm not a big fan of Eevee, I think he should have been allowed in the park. Do you agree?

Same goes for Pokemon like Teddiursa and Magmortar Dratini.

Last edited:

lokowoko

PokeBreeder
it's funny how they didn't have ditto there, it can be cute if it wants to!

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
yeah. Ditto can transform into a cuter pokemon Lol. maybe they just dont like big blobs of awesomeness. what?! they dont allow eevee? Eevee is so cute!!!Evil amity square. i dont really think it matters if pokemon are weak or strange looking or whatever, i just like all pokemon (mostly eevee since it's my favorite)!

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
It's funny how they don't allow Eevee in the park, yet they allow Torterra and Infernape. While I'm not a big fan of Eevee, I think he should have been allowed in the park. Do you agree?

Same goes for Pokemon like Teddiursa and Magmortar Dratini.

I concur.

Inserting not so cute Pokémon like Infernape/Torterra and omitting cute Pokémon like the ones mentioned is so plain wrong. Is it because Torterra and Infernape are the final forms of viable Pokémon themselves? Not making sense here.

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
I concur.

Inserting not so cute Pokémon like Infernape/Torterra and omitting cute Pokémon like the ones mentioned is so plain wrong. Is it because Torterra and Infernape are the final forms of viable Pokémon themselves? Not making sense here.

yeah i dont find sinnoh starters final evoultions that cute, i find them awesome looking. But yeah it's so unfair.

Cutty

Forever now
They allow Torchic but Mudkip... guess they no liek mudkipzz...

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Yeah, now that I think about it, that is strange as to why they don't allow any other "cute" Pokes to enter...
- Nate the ;448;

infernape9012

FireTypeTrainer
I concur.

Inferape, torterra, and empoleon are allowed because they are your very first pokemon. It is not necrssarily that they are "cute" it is that they are expected to be your closest pokemon. Eevee is cute along with many others, but if they let in every pokemon that everyone wanted in for one reason or another Amity Square would not have been special anymore.

Last edited:

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
I don't remember where it's said, but Amity square is meant for cute Pokemon. Teddiursa, Plusle and Minun, Spoink, Wynaut, Elekid, Cleffa and Igglybuff doesn't get in. Yet Torterra does =_=

YaelleG

I was just there today. I got turned away with my Flaafy and Mother of God my Phanpy. I literally did not even stop to think whether Phanpy would be allowed in there because he is the cutest thing Ever!!
I mean, LOOK AT THAT THING!! How much cuter can you get?

Alright personally I don't find Flaafy all that cute but I think he pretty much meets the standard definitions of cute as set forth by society so I sort of assumed he'd be allowed in also. :p

IMO Eevee isn't cute enough for that. The evolutions are there for obligatory reasons.

Now, if someone could kindly show me who chose for Swablu to be left out, they have a meeting with me and my hammer. ;

Grumpy Drizzle

Amity Square was more of a testing ground for working on the walking Pokemon feature that was planned for HGSS.
There's not much point in looking to deep into which Pokemon made it to the final version.

I believe that all Pokemon are cute and therefore all Pokemon should be allowed. Otherwise, to say only certain kinds of Pokemon can get in is segregation and that is so unethical.

Let's be real, Amity Square was pretty much pointless. I agree that it might have been foreshadowing for HGSS, but choosing Pokémon on an arbitrary "cuteness" rating is silly. I think they would have been better off if they had restricted the Pokémon to "any Pokémon in their first evolutionary stage that has an evolution". So, Aerodactyl would not be allowed. And come on, most first-stage Pokémon are adorable.

Though that would have been a pain to program.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I agree that it might have been foreshadowing for HGSS, but choosing Pokémon on an arbitrary "cuteness" rating is silly.
Maybe less foreshadowing and more 'testing' at best. I think I prefer the 'not so well thought out' line, although it wasn't so bad. Just oddly arbitrary on some choices of pokes that were allowed.

Navarch

Maybe less foreshadowing and more 'testing' at best. I think I prefer the 'not so well thought out' line, although it wasn't so bad. Just oddly arbitrary on some choices of pokes that were allowed.

That exactly what I was thinking, Testing. They probably wanted to see how things would work to experiment for HGSS.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I still think Mew should have been allowed in there. He's cute.