• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Among the four Oricorio's styles, which one do you like the most?

Choose your go-to Oricorio's style.

• Pom-Pom (Electric)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Pa'u (Psychic)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baile (Fire)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Sensu (Ghost)

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
Oricorio, one of the most iconic Pokémon of the Alola region, can change its form/"Revelation Dance's Poké-type, the Dancing Pokémon's signature move"/style depending by the kind of nectar which you feed it with. There are four kind of nectars, one for each Alola's island: the yellow nectar, the pink nectar, the red nectar and the purple nectar.
- Yellow Nectar
yellownectar.png
: findable in the Melemele Meadow, unlocks Oricorio's Pom-Pom Style.
- Pink Nectar
pinknectar.png
: findable in the Royal Avenue, unlocks Oricorio's Pa'u Style.
- Red Nectar
rednectar.png
: findable in the Ula'ula Meadow, unlocks Oricorio's Baile Style.
- Purple Nectar
purplenectar.png
: findable in the Poni Meadow, unlocks Oricorio's Sensu Style.

To refresh your mind, this is how each Oricorio's style looks like:
Pom-Pom Style (Electric/Flying):
741-p.png

Pa'u Style (Psychic/Flying):
741-pau.png

Baile Style (Fire/Flying):
741.png

Sensu Style (Ghost/Flying):
741-s.png

So, out of the four Oricorio's styles "which one do you like"/"have you chosen to play with" the most during your Pokémon adventure in the Alola region?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I prefer the ghost one, I like the oriental aesthetic and it's got a pretty unique typing only shared by the Drifloon line.

That said owing to it's Ghost type nature it is admittedly very annoying to chain SOS for a shiny since you have to do some convoluted methods to use False Swipe on it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
That said owing to it's Ghost type nature it is admittedly very annoying to chain SOS for a shiny since you have to do some convoluted methods to use False Swipe on it.
Why wouldn't you just chain one of the other forms then? It's not like it's difficult to change forms after capture.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Why wouldn't you just chain one of the other forms then? It's not like it's difficult to change forms after capture.

I was also grinding to level 100 while shiny hunting, and that was the forme with the highest level. I had to bring a Pokémon with Soak along with the obligatory Skill Swap Exeggcute.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Pom Pom's my favorite mainly because its typing is solid. Plus the design is just fun :)

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
Pretty much a tie between Baile (Fire) and Sensu (Ghost) for me. I like the elegant wings and black stripes characterizing the Ula'ula Oricorio, while the Poni's has this kind of kimono feeling on its feathers' system which is hypnotizing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Baile and Sensu purely for their designs. The other two aren’t bad but I just like these two much better. I like how Sensu has the wings look like fans and it gives a geisha vibe which I like a lot. With Baile, I love the fact it has head feathers that resemble earrings which is a really creative touch.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Baile is my favorite since it’s a Fire Type with a red and black color scheme but I like all of them

Nyter

Island Challenger
I actually have a Shiny Oricorio and let me tell you... it looks freaking beautiful in its Baile form. And so that is my fave form of all 4, especially if it is Shiny. I imagine it should have its own battle theme when going into battle... like Shakira's "Objection (Tango)"

Perfection

zolios

I'm not a huge fan of Oricorio in general but if I had to pick one then I would definitely go with Baile Style form because it looks the best. Pom-Pom is a bit too weird for my taste and Pa'u just looks depressed. I guess Sensu looks good but not as good as Baile because it's colors aren't as nice and vibrant as Baile's and that's why I picked Baile over Sensu.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
If i had to choose then it would be the red one. Unfortunately the oricorio line is just isn't good, so i never used it. The entire line suffers from 4 problems. I only captured it for part of completion.

- The signature move Revelation Dance is unlocked disgustingly late at level 40 making them unable to use the elemental typings often and it's more likely you have found stronger team members by then.
-The Dancer ability isn't particularly good.
- It doesn't learn many tm moves. Effectively it loses out on taking advantages of the secondary typing aside from flying.
- Most of the moves it learns are normal types so no STAB attack bonus.

In short it's a really weak early route gimmick bird.

Last edited:

Luthor

My ranking
1. Sensu (Ghost)
2. Baile (Fire)
3. Pa'u (Psychic)
4. Pom-Pom (electric)

In fairness its very close between the top two for me and I like how the Psychic one fits the Alola region. The electric one ends up last by default. Still I'd like all 4 to get a serious Buff the next time they appear.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Pom Pom is cute but it is the least visually interesting out of the four. The other three have an elegant vibe to them and then there’s Pom Pom that just sticks out in a bad way and just feels weird to look at if you put all four forms into one group photo. Ballie is based on flamenco dancers who are known for elegant dresses and dance moves, Sensu is based on traditional Japanese dancing which is known to be graceful, and Pa’u is based on hula dancers which use soft arm movements. What does Pom Pom involve? A bunch of movement and jumping around as if someone fed Oricorio too much sugar.