• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've said that a couple of weeks now. I though I was the "pessimistic" skeptic here? What's gotten into you? I thought it was nice and subtle (at least from her side), but I'm glad Ash took some time to talk to her again.

Well I'm just being a bit realistic here. And I see that you're starting to be a bit optimistic with this ship, seeing your previous comments. looks like we're switching role :p
Anyway I just really didn't feel like this episode had any shipping moments. There's the part where they've talked about dreams but I think that's just a normal conversation.

Graham Aker

. And I see that you're starting to be a bit optimistic with this ship, seeing your previous comments. looks like we're switching role :p

My stance hasn't changed, I've already said it was more of a "friendshippy" thing anyway. Outside of her getting flustered with her calling him amazing of course (when you take into consideration no other girl got embarrassed calling Ash "amazing").

saadine

Great episodes with some great interactions... The writers are definately pushing this pair cause I don't really remember I romantic kinda talk between ash and other female characters(aside from maybe misty).

Also is it just me or was the art kinda off today. There eyes looked weird at times and I think everyone had those teeth sticking out at too many occasions. Maybe its just me...

LuiBag

~Umbreon
Great episodes with some great interactions... The writers are definately pushing this pair cause I don't really remember I romantic kinda talk between ash and other female characters(aside from maybe misty).

Also is it just me or was the art kinda off today. There eyes looked weird at times and I think everyone had those teeth sticking out at too many occasions. Maybe its just me...

I KNOW RIGHT, that's what i noticed, somehow Serena's eyes looked very skinny like, XD

Also what did Shauna and Serena talked through the end of the episode???

PokéBram97

I don't understand some people say there were no shippy moments in it. Of course we all have our own opinion, but I think there were so much hints in a few minutes, that some people didn't even notice them:

1. Serena concerned about Ash (after they fell, and when his foot hurts): In another episode (like in the past) we count this also as a hint.
2. The moment Serena called Ash ''amazing?'', Ash looked a little bit confused, and she was suprised about her own words xD
3. The way she cared Ash' foot was just great and sweet

And the first thing Ash did after they fell, was giving Serena her hat back. Maybe, a lot of people think this isn't a hint, but I think it was very gentle and sweet of Ash. He had such a positive attitude, even when he realised his foot was injured.
The way he looked at Serena, who was giving Fennekin a snack, was also sweet: especially, because of the way the writers and animators focused the camera first on Serena, and finally Ash.

Okay everyone will say something different of course, but this was one of my favourite episodes :)

phanpycross

God-king
Does Ash Have A clump foot on that Picture?

Anyways, todays episode was pretty good, not too many hints, mainly just character building, but Serena sorely needed, So it's good.

ashsfuture

I like the fact that in today's episode Ash opened up to Serena about his dream to be a Pokemon Master, which I think is really the first time that Ash has talked to any of his companions about his dream and the way that Serena cared for Ash through the whole incident was very sweet. Serena seems to been inspired by Ash once again, but this time with more determination to find herself a goal. I wonder what Serena said about Ash to shauna. Still today's episode had some great hints/moments between Ash and Serena

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Just putting it out there that Ash's confused reaction to Serena's comment kind of implies that he isn't dense. So far, Ash hasn't had any dense moments other than a minor one in XY007. It is nice to see that his maturity levels are similar to when he left off in DP and it's shown in many of the episodes like the Millifeui one.

Also, a possible moment happened towards the beginning of the episode where Serena said something to Ash and her expression changed when he said something to Pikachu. If someone could translate, that would be great.

sky7s46

well this new episode satisfied a bunch of armourshippers happy
it looks like Ash and Serena had a cute conversation.

Oh one more thing, stay safe PK.

PokéBram97

Just putting it out there that Ash's confused reaction to Serena's comment kind of implies that he isn't dense. So far, Ash hasn't had any dense moments other than a minor one in XY007. It is nice to see that his maturity levels are similar to when he left off in DP and it's shown in many of the episodes like the Millifeui one.

Also, a possible moment happened towards the beginning of the episode where Serena said something to Ash and her expression changed when he said something to Pikachu. If someone could translate, that would be great.

You're right, I was actually thinking the same thing. If Ash was as dense as in B/W he would never notice this.
It's good to see that he has a high mature level. I've never seen Ash being so sweet and gentle towards any girl, like he is now towards Serena.

PokeHero96

This episode was really nice to watch, I love the scenes when Ash and Serena were talking! Plus the music was beautiful, it really captured the scene. I'm really glad that Ash was the one who started at Serena while she was hugging her Pokemon, it really made a change because it's usually Serena staring at Ash.

I'm really starting to think that their going to make Ash and Serena a thing, or a least have something really big happen during or at the end of the series.

One more thing. Thank you for the pictures PK for today, good luck and stay safe!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today's episode was so good in terms of AmourShipping hints imo; the call back to how Ash and Serena first met was sweet and endearing and although I would've liked to see more than them just talking, it was a great episode full of development for both characters in my view. I hope we get more episodes like this in the future.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
You're right, I was actually thinking the same thing. If Ash was as dense as in B/W he would never notice this.
It's good to see that he has a high mature level. I've never seen Ash being so sweet and gentle towards any girl, like he is now towards Serena.

Yeah, it's really great for the ship as well. Most ships had to worry about his obliviousness but at the rate this is going, we just need more bonding episodes like this one and Ash will eventually start liking her.

Anyway, I honestly think we will get a confession earlier on than towards the finale. Only way I see it happening at the Finale is if Serena follows Ash to the gen 7 region to continue her PR career or whatever she ends up doing. I would be satisfied with that even if she leaves at gen 8.

Also, I forgot to say goodbye to PK. I hope you come back safe, you have been a great help to us and you contributed a lot to the Amourshipping community. Looking forward to seeing you again.

chrzd

perhaps that is not related for amourshipping. I read a question at yahoo answer. the question is Washing my man's feet?
the best answer ist
That's an odd way to show appreciation unless he's Japanese and is into Old School Japanese style male chauvanism (the reason women wash their men's feet in Japan is because the men worked in the fields and would come home dirty, in most Asian cultures you remove your shoes before you enter, feet must be cleaned since everything is done on the ground, walking eating sitting... so the women would wash their husband's feet, it also it showed the woman as being subserviant to the man as she washes she is technically bowing so it wasn't an act of appreciation and love it was an act of cleanliness).
perhaps I think wrong. this scene reminded me foot washing

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
I think Serena was more just tending to Ash's injured foot given he probably was limping a bit. Not so much cleaning his foot, but rather trying to get swelling down if you imagine twisting your ankle hard. Kind of a reversal of roles, as Ash did the same kind of thing with Serena way back when. Surprised Ash didn't get injured further given he was trying to help Serena while holding onto basically a mountain side with no grip. I suppose it wasn't that big a drop to say the least.

Nice little conversation there. Better to be building up this steady foundation that they get to know each other better first. Need more of these little moments scattered throughout the series to gradually build up things.

Gotta imagine what it would have been like if Serena was the one helping Ash limp along the road. What would her facial expression be like I wonder? And also would be a role reversal of the childhood camp scene, although Serena didn't limp back then as Ash helped her out.

LuiBag

~Umbreon
perhaps that is not related for amourshipping. I read a question at yahoo answer. the question is Washing my man's feet?
the best answer ist
That's an odd way to show appreciation unless he's Japanese and is into Old School Japanese style male chauvanism (the reason women wash their men's feet in Japan is because the men worked in the fields and would come home dirty, in most Asian cultures you remove your shoes before you enter, feet must be cleaned since everything is done on the ground, walking eating sitting... so the women would wash their husband's feet, it also it showed the woman as being subserviant to the man as she washes she is technically bowing so it wasn't an act of appreciation and love it was an act of cleanliness).
perhaps I think wrong. this scene reminded me foot washing

It's not that because his foot was injured, I'm guessing she put water just to lower the chance of infection. Im not sure, but i gotta say this, when Ash's foot was hurt, I didn't expect that happening. If his foot wasn't injured, He would try to get out. Good idea for his injured foot,

Such role reversal

Sheepy Lamby

Hi guys, I have been following this thread for a while and I decided to join. Can I?
I just watched the "Spanish subs" of the last episode which was a very good one, many hints and even Serena got nervous after complementing Ash. But the end of the conversation between Serena and Shauna made me think (not with too much happiness) that Serena may follow Shauna to follow her dreams. Sorry if I sound pessimistic (Don't take me wrong) but after seeing how bad Serena felt because of her lack of goals, now I see a conflict between her following her dreams and following Ash. I do not know how good would be if Serena temporarily leaves the show and then comes back after becoming the "Kalos queen".
I also wonder... why Ash looked surprised after Serena complemented him? His reaction makes me think he is kind of suspecting Serena's feelings. He was used to be more oblivious before.

Ryuzardx

Serena basically wants to become a Pokemon Performer, just like Shauna. As a Pokemon Performer you dress your Pokemon and make puffles, and also you showcase your Pokemon's abilities like in a Pokemon contest. Also Serena said to Shauna something like: "Ash said that our journey together hasn't been in vain".

This was Ash's conversation with Serena when he was injured (more or less):

-Sorry for the trouble, Ash.
-It doesn't matter. I think that I've learned about Pokemon battles in the summer camp.
-You mean the fishing we did yesterday and the Pokevision from today?
-Yes, it is all connected with the Kalos league.
-Your dream?
-To become a Pokemon Master!
-Ash, you're always giving it you all!
-No, we still have much left to do.
-You really are amazing Ash!
-Eh?

Serena becomes nervous, so she quickly goes to the river to cool the cloth, and while doing it, she says whispering "Ash.. Also has a dream" and then puts the cloth on Ash's foot.

Then Ash asks: "What happened all of a sudden?"

- You know, I thought that what I wanted to do was just a dream" -- Maybe does this reffer to her giving back the favour?
-It's okay, just do your best!

And then they are interrupted by the others trying to save both of them.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that the writers may banish the feelings of Serena towards Ash as she progresses with her goal. Honestly it's a good way to do it just in case they regret something or simply didn't want to go anywhere with the ship from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.