• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshSerena

Serena basically wants to become a Pokemon Performer, just like Shauna. As a Pokemon Performer you dress your Pokemon and make puffles, and also you showcase your Pokemon's abilities like in a Pokemon contest. Also Serena said to Shauna something like: "Ash said that our journey together hasn't been in vain".

This was Ash's conversation with Serena when he was injured (more or less):

-Sorry for the trouble, Ash.
-It doesn't matter. I think that I've learned about Pokemon battles in the summer camp.
-You mean the fishing we did yesterday and the Pokevision from today?
-Yes, it is all connected with the Kalos league.
-Your dream?
-To become a Pokemon Master!
-Ash, you're always giving it you all!
-No, we still have much left to do.
-You really are amazing Ash!
-Eh?

Serena becomes nervous, so she quickly goes to the river to cool the cloth, and while doing it, she says whispering "Ash.. Also has a dream" and then puts the cloth on Ash's foot.

Then Ash asks: "What happened all of a sudden?"

- You know, I thought that what I wanted to do was just a dream" -- Maybe does this reffer to her giving back the favour?
-It's okay, just do your best!

And then they are interrupted by the others trying to save both of them.

i think this 2 is wrong tho, i dont remember serena nor ash saying that

:Edited: Sorry i rewatch the episode again... each Line is just not arrange correctly but the translate is correct i guess

i love the scene where ash pick up serena hat and giving it to her then serena say thank you, after that u can see ash scratching his nose and kinda happy , i never saw ash like that bfore :/

Last edited:

saadine

With this new goal that Serena might get I'm abit worried bout amourshipping. Top performer is called kalos queen so if that becomes Serena's dream I think she will stay behind at kalos to get that title while ash continues hes journey some place else which eliminates the idea of her carrying on her journey with ash. The writers need to give a good closure to amour shipping otherwise I think I would kill myself :mad:@

PokéBram97

i think this 2 is wrong tho, i dont remember serena nor ash saying that

i love the scene where ash pick up serena hat and giving it to her then serena say thank you, after that u can see ash scratching his nose and kinda happy , i never saw ash like that bfore :/

About the second thing: I think it was very gentle and sweet of Ash. I mean, it was the first thing he did after they have fallen: giving her hat back. We have seen Ash scratching his nose or cheek several times in the past, especially when he felt uncomfortable.
This time he seemed happy. I can't remember a scene in previous series like this; I've never seen a gentle,patient,serene,and kind Ash like this before (towards a female-companion)

Ryuzardx

The only thing I'm afraid of is that the writers may banish the feelings of Serena towards Ash as she progresses with her goal. Honestly it's a good way to do it just in case they regret something or simply didn't want to go anywhere with the ship from the start.

Hmmm the thing that basically would stop that from happening is when Millefeui tells Serena that if she doesn't do anything, she's gonna take him for herself, and Serena blushes. But since the actress who played her quit her job permanently, it's possible that the writers might want us to forget about it. Maybe from the start, Serena's love for Ash was just a plot device so she could learn from him and chase her own dream.

Also Ash might've given a hint himself, because when they just recovered from the fall he scratched his face when she told him "Thanks".

But anyway, I've been watching Pokemon for over ten years and I'd say that Serena will tell something to ash in the end, but not being so widely open about it, it will be subtle. Of course it's been very obvious that Ash will leave the region alone right from the beginning, what were you thinking, guys?

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

The only thing I'm afraid of is that the writers may banish the feelings of Serena towards Ash as she progresses with her goal. Honestly it's a good way to do it just in case they regret something or simply didn't want to go anywhere with the ship from the start.

I agree. However, Serena's new goal would be an excuse to write her off after this XY saga. I hope not.
Serena has to be more developed as character, otherwise is going to be forgotten like Ash's previous female companions.

zzz1000120

I just realize that if Serena does want to be a Pokemon performer and tries to become Kalos queen this will be her only region that she will travel with Ash until the Gen 7 cameo. Fortunately, the writers kind of dug a big hole about the ship so its very likely that amour might have a nice kalos region conclusion.

A little of topic but what does the pokepuffs have to do with being a Pokemon performer.

pkmmkp

This episode was really good in term of hints and character development, especially on Serena's part. I am surprised with some of these reactions from the comment section, it's like they were expecting a kiss on the cheek as a thanks or something like that this episode. Although I agree that it may have not been as shippy as previous episodes, but it did show that Serena does admire ash a lot. and we even got a scene where Serena gets nervous for calling ash amazing (No girl has ever done that with ash, but I guess we shouldn't be surprised since we already know she has a crush on him, but it's still exciting to see that :p )

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
So if this ends up being what she wants to do, still does leave room for flexibility. Even though "Kalos Queen" sounds limiting, no reason why other regions can't have things similar to this, as was done with contests.

Easily could have gradually put this bit of development in Serena without the shipping bit. Still wondering why that was even put in there given it's still fairly early in the series. Ok to take a while to figure out a character's role. Yeah, kind of a bit of a hole they've dug themselves into, and wasn't necessary to put this in in the first place.

So I'll enjoy what I see in the moment and not obsess about what will happen at the end of XY given no one knows how that will play out yet.

SimplyMatt

Imo if Serena's goal is to be the Kalos queen this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me that Amourshipping will most likely not go into the next gen, not trying to sound like an *** but it would be a loose loose situation because if she wins then she will have to stay and if she looses and isn't the queen then she will keep trying like Ash trying to become the champion. So if Serena does decide to pursue a pokemon performer then imo that means that she will not travel to the next gen with Ash unless there is something similar to that in the next gen but if there isn't then she will probabily not go to the next gen and Amourshipping will die out, and I'll be just upset as I was when i read the warriors series and after 5 mother frickin series that I read they ended it with (Spoiler) Firestar dying and I'll hate myself for a month or so.

Last edited:

SoarStaraptor

Imo if Serena's goal is to be the Kalos queen this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me that Amourshipping will most likely not go into the next gen, not trying to sound like an *** but it would be a loose loose situation because if she wins then she will have to stay and if she looses and isn't the queen then she will keep trying like Ash trying to become the champion. So if Serena does decide to pursue a pokemon performer then imo that means that she will not travel to the next gen with Ash unless there is something similar to that in the next gen but if there isn't then she will probabily not go to the next gen and Amourshipping will die out, and I'll be just upset as I was when i read the warriors series and after 5 mother frickin series that I read they ended it with (Spoiler) Firestar dying and I'll hate myself for a month or so.

It'd be one heck of a reason to be DONE. This is the one thing that matters most! I wouldn't go for anyone else!

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
With this new goal that Serena might get I'm abit worried bout amourshipping. Top performer is called kalos queen so if that becomes Serena's dream I think she will stay behind at kalos to get that title while ash continues hes journey some place else which eliminates the idea of her carrying on her journey with ash. The writers need to give a good closure to amour shipping otherwise I think I would kill myself :mad:@

Are you serious about killing yourself? Or just over exagarrating? I understand how shipping even though it isn't real can mean alot to you trust me. But nothing is worth taking your life. Even if your OTP doesn't become canon doesn't mean is wasn't worth shipping. Shipping exist inside of us and the more fans it has alive the longer it lives as well.

Seriously you guys are doubting Amourshipping? Honestly with the ratings of the show being so low and the foreshadowing of Ash become a pokemon master I really do think XY is the end of Ash, therefore Ash will be written out with Serena. So either it becomes canon or is heavily implied that it is (like with contestshipping) I also predict a romance moment before the end as well.

Serena may have a goal now but that's a good thing for Amourshipping. I read on this thread awhile back Japanese female fans (some SatoHika and SatoKasu) dislike SatoSere because Serena seem to be going on a journey just to be with Ash and being that depending on Ash comes off to anti-feminist. Now Serena can find herself but I doubt that will change her feelings for Ash. The writers may throw some conflict between Serena's goal and feelings for Ash for making the show interesting but in the end I think they can't let amourshippers down again like they did with other Ash ships. Personally I believe it's possible for a female travel companion to be independent and in love at the same time. Shudo didn't believe that but the writers are now proving him wrong.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
As for the last part where she was talking with Sana, I think she was saying how Satoshi inspired her about finding a goal/dream or something like that.

The exact opposite, actually - he told her to not worry about "having to" find her dream right away, but take her time until she actually knows what to do.

He also talked about how he treats all his experiences as learning tools and thinks of ways he can incorporate what he learns into his battle style. This inspired Serena to take inspiration from the cliff incident for her PokeVision, which is what she tells Sana (who seemed to admire Satoshi's "None of our experiences are truly without worth to us" philosophy quite a lot, actually).

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Yeah, shipping is just for fun, and many of us probably support several different ships at the same time, which is ok. These are all fictional characters mind you, so they can be developed however way the writers wish to go.

A pretty good pace so far, with slow and steady build up. I'd rather see these little subtle signs come up here and there rather than some super mushy scene, which would turn this into more of a soap opera. It's like later on, they still act like casual friends, but with the more subtle affectionate actions here and there. This would be a more steady development than just rushing it off to try to make it canon. Given Pokémon pretty much has no end at this point as long as new games come about, the journey continues, and to be honest, it will be hard to sustain any type of canon relationship with Ash given he goes all over the place. In addition, how would the writers keep any little love story thing interesting over whole generation arcs?

I'm going more for the solid character development first so that if something canon happens later on, there's more substance to the relationship.

Thegreatjman

I LOVED this episode, great hints, good Serena development, and loved Bonnie's adorable Snubbel outfit!
And pk', thanks for everything you've done for the forum. And stay safe out there. *Salute*

Seriously you guys are doubting Amourshipping? Honestly with the ratings of the show being so low and the foreshadowing of Ash become a pokemon master I really do think XY is the end of Ash, therefore Ash will be written out with Serena. So either it becomes canon or is heavily implied that it is (like with contestshipping) I also predict a romance moment before the end as well.

XY foreshadowing Satoshi's dream?? One thing is him mentioning the "Pokemon Master" thing more than ever and calling that "a dream" instead of a goal. And there's also the possibility Satoshi would continue in gen 7, but, given the handling of the continuity, maybe Satoshi would be traveling as a league champion with more ambitions and taking the MC male from next gen as his "protegee" for a change

And don't bring the ratings thing, i was warned by the mods, so be careful about that!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returning to the episode and the amour moment

So, i'm still somewhat doubting about Serena's goal after seeing the RAW (she said she would try, not that she has been decided, so, we would not make the most logical assumption she would be written off at the end, besides the staff has dug themselves a very deep and big hole with this amour subplot),

And about the hints... i wouldn't count the aformentioned scenes as hints, but very heartwarming chara. development and bond strenghten scenes that goes beyond hints instead. 1st time (maybe I'm wrong, i'm gonna see past series to confirm my post) Satoshi opened himself to someone about his dreams in a deeper way (Pokemon Master being more of a "dream" right now than a goal). Very nice interactions and chemistry building (and I think that's more important than simple hints right now). As i said, production staff deepened the hole they dug and right now with this chapter it's expelling lava from the hole.

And Satoshi being less dense was a very welcome thing. I think, after this episode and the Mirufii one, XY Satoshi is the less oblivious one only behind the "Kantou & OI Satoshi".

Howevuh i'm still in a realistic mood to say Serena is more likely to leave the show after XY ends, despite Shudou Takeshi and Hidaka Masamitsu/Sudou Norihiko not being involved anymore with production issues. So, the writers better have a pretty good excuse to bring Amourshipping to a good "Pijotto ending".

But maybe XY ending would bring us a surprise. Remember, nothing is said and done until it ends. Remember nobody thought about One Piece having a timeskip or Digimon Adventure having a sequel with a massive timeskip, so, maybe XY would surprise us in both continuity and shipping things.

For last, a massive thank you for pK', we hope he stays safe and returns alive to Japan and hopefully before XY generation ends to bring some news. But also I know @AshSerena and Pokemontoreenaa (sorry, my PC doesn't wirte in jap. alphabet) would cope very well with that loss.

Last edited:

Pokemon6423

Hey everyone. I just have one question and it is where do you guys watch Pokemon x and y series in English dub. I've been searching for episode 40 in English dub but everywhere I go they have raw episodes, which means that they will be sub soon but I want to watch the episode right now. Thanks in advanced.

BTW: I'm a big Amourshipper and I hope they don't script off Serena and she doesn't change her feelings towards Ash (Satoshi)

Last edited:

Thegreatjman

[/QUOTE]You've said that a couple of weeks now. I though I was the "pessimistic" skeptic here? What's gotten into you? I thought it was nice and subtle (at least from her side), but I'm glad Ash took some time to talk to her again.[/QUOTE]

Oh god. Graham being positive about the ship!? THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!
Anyway, that conversation was SO cute!!! Can't wait for sub's!! It was everything I expected and more!

Oh god. Graham being positive about the ship!? THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!
Anyway, that conversation was SO cute!!! �� Can't wait for sub's!! It was everything I expected and more!

Hey bruh, let him be, the human being is a mankind of fickle and unstable emotions, so, one day we are gonna get positiva, but several days we could be somewhat negative.

And a last thing about the episode... Satoshi was somewhat veeeery ahead for his supposed 10 years old in terms of maturity in this chapter. Like Serena (and Sana, if i caught up well the statement Dephender has said), i was inspired from his words xDD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
XY foreshadowing Satoshi's dream?? One thing is him mentioning the "Pokemon Master" thing more than ever and calling that "a dream" instead of a goal. And there's also the possibility Satoshi would continue in gen 7, but, given the handling of the continuity, maybe Satoshi would be traveling as a league champion with more ambitions and taking the MC male from next gen as his "protegee" for a change

I don't see how his most recent dialogue suddenly foreshadows major change that would revolutionize the anime. If anything, I feel that Ash's interactions with Serena will motivate Serena to eventually find a goal (Pokemon Performing maybe), which may have the effect of separating them from each other when XY ends, which is a sad thought. I hope I'm just misinterpreting the whole "Kalos Queen" thing.

I don't see how his most recent dialogue suddenly foreshadows major change that would revolutionize the anime. If anything, I feel that Ash's interactions with Serena will motivate Serena to eventually find a goal (Pokemon Performing maybe), which may have the effect of separating them from each other when XY ends, which is a sad thought. I hope I'm just misinterpreting the whole "Kalos Queen" thing.

Mmmmm... but this 9is not the 1st time he brings the pokemon master thing. Since Decolora's finale he's remembering us his dream constantly.

And about Serena's "motivation"... Let's remember what @Dephender said in his post

The exact opposite, actually - he told her to not worry about "having to" find her dream right away, but take her time until she actually knows what to do.

He also talked about how he treats all his experiences as learning tools and thinks of ways he can incorporate what he learns into his battle style. This inspired Serena to take inspiration from the cliff incident for her PokeVision, which is what she tells Sana (who seemed to admire Satoshi's "None of our experiences are truly without worth to us" philosophy quite a lot, actually).

And IIRC, Serena said she would give a try to that Kalos Queen thing, but not that she's been decided for that dream. Maybe she would ditch that thing like the Saihorn Racing. Pokemon anime, like most kodomomuke shows, is very blatant with the dialogues from characters regarding goals, usually when someone had his/her goal or dream set, they say "it's decided", "i'm gonna be the top coordinator/dragon master/water master", not with evasive words like "give a try".

So, neither the foreshadowing for a revolution (Satoshi said repeatedly that being kalos league champion is only a "step" in his dream) nor the Serena staying with Satoshi cuz she ditched the Performer thing are senseless right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.