• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicorita3

He just picked up her hat and gave it to her. After that she thanked him.

Also, either his nose is itchy or he is covering up something.

thank you for answering my question
oh and I meant what did serena say to ash that made him swipe his nose?

Kymbo

omlette du fromage
I liked this scene in yesterday's episode

[IMGSIZE=430]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvk12U1CEAAILcB.jpg:large[/IMGSIZE]
Source here

When they fell from the cliff, Satoshi asked Serena if she was okay. After that he also picked up Serena's hat and gave it to her although he knows that he is injured.

With this episode, XY007 (the flashback), XY011, XY31 and with the movie (not that I saw the scene), in my opinion, I just feel that Satoshi is more gentleman towards Serena compared to his past girl companions

There is it again. Ash keeps doing that thing around Serena (in that last frame). Whenever they're alone or there's a cute moment or awkward situation he keeps like swishing his finger under his nose. Is that like a nervous habit or something? Because he did it in episode 7 or whatever when he and Serena were alone. I mean it's really cute, and it also slightly changes the mood within the scene. I mean, Ash wasn't being dense at all. There was no "I'd do anything for my friends!" or "Nah I'm just fine! Let's find a way outta here!".
From the moment when he noticed Serena was running towards the cliff to right before TR came to rescue them, there was a mild change in how he was acting. He was mellow and quiet and just talking to Serena without that some-what annoying over-enthusiastic tone he uses sometimes . It just kind of put a serene and calming affect on the whole scene, which made it all the more enjoyable.
Hah, maybe it was just the music.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
After watching episode 40, my hopes for this ship is slowly dying, because I assume Serena wants to become a Pokemon Performer, which is good for her, but bad for this ship, (unless something similar in Gen 7 would make her continue traveling with Satoshi). If she decides to stay in Kalos, well.... pls don't stay Serena XD you're the only hope besides Satoshi reciprocating your feelings in making this ship become canon XD

Graham Aker

Unless something similar in Gen 7 would make her continue traveling with Satoshi

I wish people would get this mindset out of their head. From the beginning, it should have been obvious that Serena wasn't going to stick with Ash forever. They have to make room for the new girl in the next gen. Serena is likely NOT going with Ash to the next region. I just want to see her build up the courage to confess, and even if Ash doesn't get it (causing her to just happily accept their relationship as is and move on to better herself) I'd be satisfied. They're likely not going to get married outside of fan-fiction and fan-art folks. The only thing I don't want is her jumping to another boy, because it wouldn't look that great on her characters resume.

After watching episode 40, my hopes for this ship is slowly dying, because I assume Serena wants to become a Pokemon Performer, which is good for her, but bad for this ship, (unless something similar in Gen 7 would make her continue traveling with Satoshi). If she decides to stay in Kalos, well.... pls don't stay Serena XD you're the only hope besides Satoshi reciprocating your feelings in making this ship become canon XD

Mmmmm... remember Serena is still undecisive about that Pokemon Performer thing. "I'll give it a try" doesn't mean "I've decided!! i'm gonna become Pokemon Performer!" (IIRC Haruka decided in the instant to do contests, didn't said she would give a try). So, until we have confirmation that would be "da goal", we are not in position to worry 'bout da future of da ship.

I rewatched the ep. 40 with those spanish quicksubs (it seems they've improved considerably after the multiple complaints about the google translate typo) and pretty much it confirms Serena is still undecided.

And, i'm somewhat glad Performer is girls only IIRC the word Sana said, cuz the risks to have a NTR "Contest/Advance" situation goes to zero percent.

Last edited:

AboveParr

I haven't posted on here in a while, and while I only watch the dub, I do keep up on the most recent episodes through all of y'all. With that. Being said, I don't really understand all the skepticism about Serena and her goal. I mean a lot of people complained that she didn't have a goal and lacked character. Now I know she isn't 100% certain if being a performer is her goal but even if it is that doesn't mean the end of amour, I mean most married couples have different occupations but that doesn't affect their being together (not saying they're getting married just an example). While I want Amour to become canon just as much as anybody we really can't say with absolute certainty what the writes will or won't do, but I've enjoyed their work so far and I don't think she doesn't have to share Ash's dream of becoming a pokemon master in order to be with him or continue traveling with him imo.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
I wish people would get this mindset out of their head. From the beginning, it should have been obvious that Serena wasn't going to stick with Ash forever. They have to make room for the new girl in the next gen. Serena is likely NOT going with Ash to the next region. I just want to see her build up the courage to confess, and even if Ash doesn't get it (causing her to just happily accept their relationship as is and move on to better herself) I'd be satisfied. They're likely not going to get married outside of fan-fiction and fan-art folks. The only thing I don't want is her jumping to another boy, because it wouldn't look that great on her characters resume.

Yep, and gotta note that Pokémon IS NOT a romance anime at all. It's more of an adventure/slice of life type of show. Given Pokémon will just keep going on and on, no way to put any canon romance stuff in with main characters, as it will become stale very quickly. That kind of stuff works best when you're close to the actual end of the show.

Doubt that the writers will stretch Ash to make him just OOC enough to get into a relationship. To be honest, he's probably not even thinking about relationships at all given he's still too young to really delve into that stuff.

I would hope for at least some sort of closure to this subplot the writers have put in, intentionally or not. Easier in prior generations given there was really no shipping subplot to consider, whereas this gen can be a bit trickier to maneuver.

Take Hamtaro for example, got one-sided shipping involving him from the start, yet was still inconclusive even at the end. Maybe given that show is Slice of Life

AshSerena

Mmmmm... remember Serena is still undecisive about that Pokemon Performer thing. "I'll give it a try" doesn't mean "I've decided!! i'm gonna become Pokemon Performer!" (IIRC Haruka decided in the instant to do contests, didn't said she would give a try). So, until we have confirmation that would be "da goal", we are not in position to worry 'bout da future of da ship.

I rewatched the ep. 40 with those spanish quicksubs (it seems they've improved considerably after the multiple complaints about the google translate typo) and pretty much it confirms Serena is still undecided.

And, i'm somewhat glad Performer is girls only IIRC the word Sana said, cuz the risks to have a NTR "Contest/Advance" situation goes to zero percent.

True , ryt now serena still unsure of what she want to do, im kinda sad if she choose to be a performer since im hoping she can travel with ash atleast to the next gen or travel back to kanto to see prof oak, and while traveling going back to kanto ash meet a new pokemon and new adventure start with serena :x, oh well if serena choose to be a kalos queen , i think ash and her really fits for this ship.. Serena as Kalos Queen and Ash as Pokemon Master xD

jason0597

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed the nose scratching! He seems a bit nervous when giving her hat back. Ash hint?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

They're incredeeeedibly bad and mistranslated the description of TriPokalon to such extremes I refuse to think any of the people who touched it know a single word of Japanese at all. At this point they're more fanfics than translations.

Just... don't watch them. Please. They're wrong.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still maintain that even if Serena gets a goal, it may not even positively affect AmourShipping that much. I mean she'd still need to make personal progress with Ash despite whatever hobby she decides to pursue, so it's unlikely that AmourShipping's dynamic would suddenly become a lot better just because of Serena's supposed goal in my opinion. Hopefully we'll get more interaction scenes between Ash and Serena regardless though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed the nose scratching! He seems a bit nervous when giving her hat back. Ash hint?

Nose scratching or sneezing when a character you like is near you is something that happens in Japanese culture. I think the writers are having Ash do it unconsciously.

Obscurites

They're incredeeeedibly bad and mistranslated the description of TriPokalon to such extremes I refuse to think any of the people who touched it know a single word of Japanese at all. At this point they're more fanfics than translations.

Speak of the devil, the Master Quiz of this episode has the first question asked "What is TriPokalon?". The correct answer is the girls only performance competition of Pokémon Performer.

Also, the third question is related to what Satoshi told Serena something like "no worthless experience".

Last edited:

At least some parts were "acceptabily" translated (Serena's statement about trying that activity and that "yappari sugoi ne", but the way they've mistranslated the description of TriPokAthlon [excuse me if I spelled wrong that] only reminds me the times when Anime Labs mistranslated DBZ and make fans believe that series was hardcore and adult-oriented by adding random swearing and ultra colorful language).

So, only wait to the PM Release (for spanish speakers, there's Keepu Subs for you, they translate from PM release)

Sheepy Lamby

Why not? If we do it being skeptical it is ok, at least we get an idea of what is going on. However, it is clear that the person behind those subs is not fluent in Spanish either.
Of course we can't trust those translations 100%. I wish the English subs were quicker to don't have to depend on the other ones.

zzz1000120

This might be a little off topic but I just notice that Serena has a lot of fears shown in XY like camping, losing Ash, fear of heights or rickety bridges? (Interpreted by preview), stagefreight (up to a certain degree shown in the latest episode), being separated from Ash, fear of not having a dream to pursue, dark caves, and monsters. Ash seems to be the opposite of that and sometimes comfort (knowingly or not) Serena in her time of need like the mirror episode, the cave of trials episode and arguably the latest episode and there is an old cliché of opposites attract.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

I really hope Shauna will help with the ship! I don't know, maybe Bonnie would catch on.. they have a sisterly bond and although Bonnie doesn't really understand the whole, well, understanding of romance... she does have a general understanding of it. Since she always tries to get Clemont a wife, lol. I think later on down the road, Bonnie will start to become more acute to Serena and how she acts weird around Ash at times and question Serena on it, like back when Ash challenged Grant's gym and how Serena becomes noticeably worried. I'm hoping, eventually, that Bonnie will clue in on Serena's feelings... and maybe Clemont will clue in later, too?

lol, I know Team Rocket and their money and what they'll do for it!! :') lol, did you see them during the DP summer arc then? Jessie was just like this and so was James and meowth. Some things never change! lol

Bonnie can, she considers Serena her older sister; but remember she is still a little little girl immature enough to understand real love... unless Serena becomes so frustrated and tells her what she feels for Ash and then Bonnie decides to tell Ash about it (that would be hilarious and embarrassing! lol)

And... Yes!!, DP summer camp wasn't bad regarding characters "development". It is good to see team rocket not repeating the same "try to catch pokemon- being blown away" sequence (and without an Angie spoiling the shipping, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.