• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyMatt

Guys, i've seen some posts saying that Serena would say "i love you" to Satoshi, but i don't think she would say that to him. I mean, love is a really strong word that can be scary, even more if that person doesn't date you. I do know that kids can be impulsive, but Serena's not like that. She always thinks twice before doing something, unlike Satoshi.
So i think she probably would say something like "i really like you".

Umm I said in my comment that it is highly unlikely that that would happen. But I think that she would say something similar to that I just said I love you because I couldn't think of anything else at that moment.

Sheepy Lamby

Guys, i've seen some posts saying that Serena would say "i love you" to Satoshi, but i don't think she would say that to him. I mean, love is a really strong word that can be scary, even more if that person doesn't date you. I do know that kids can be impulsive, but Serena's not like that. She always thinks twice before doing something, unlike Satoshi.
So i think she probably would say something like "i really like you".

You are right, that is no sense. Sometimes people troll just to make us freak out. Something like "I really like you" is more realistic but still questionable.
It is too early in the season to drop a bomb like that.

SimplyMatt

You are right, that is no sense. Sometimes people troll just to make us freak out. Something like "I really like you" is more realistic but still questionable.
It is too early in the season to drop a bomb like that.

Uhm I'm expressing my opinion and just to let you know I don't troll people, and if you read my post then you would see that I said it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY for Serena to tell Ash directly that she loves him.

Sheepy Lamby

Uhm I'm expressing my opinion and just to let you know I don't troll people, and if you read my post then you would see that I said it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY for Serena to tell Ash directly that she loves him.

I didn't call you troll, I was talking about the people you mentioned before. That is why I meant.
Thinking on a direct love confession is almost impossible, unless the writers make the anime more "mature".

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
When it comes to shippings in Pokemon, especially shippings involving Ash, worrying about whether or not it will end up being canon in the end (mainly this early on) is futile. Just enjoy the interactions and hints in the episodes and stop stressing, you guys! It makes this shipping ride less enjoyable. Whether or not Serena continues traveling with Ash or not to the next region is irrelevant right now. We can't possibly predict anything this early on. Although she will most likely end up leaving, face it you guys

Also, it confuses me when people worry that if when Serena gets a goal, AmourShipping hints will dwindle. Her crush and her having a Pokemon related goal are not mutually exclusive. She can have a goal and still retain her crush. As for her goal influencing her departure at the end of the series, that is a discussion that should be saved for the future imo. We're not even half way through the XY series yet :x

Sheepy Lamby

When it comes to shippings in Pokemon, especially shippings involving Ash, worrying about whether or not it will end up being canon in the end (mainly this early on) is futile. Just enjoy the interactions and hints in the episodes and stop stressing, you guys! It makes this shipping ride less enjoyable. Whether or not Serena continues traveling with Ash or not to the next region is irrelevant right now. We can't possibly predict anything this early on. Although she will most likely end up leaving, face it you guys

Also, it confuses me when people worry that if when Serena gets a goal, AmourShipping hints will dwindle. Her crush and her having a Pokemon related goal are not mutually exclusive. She can have a goal and still retain her crush. As for her goal influencing her departure at the end of the series, that is a discussion that should be saved for the future imo. We're not even half way through the XY series yet :x

Good point! A potential departure would make her feel more forced to confess her feelings, which would give more hints.
I am stressed about what would happen, but after all the show's main focus are Pokémon and not love.

Although Pokémon is generally aimed towards the younger audience... the new writers are fully aware most of their fan base is much older audience watching.
But we have to keep in mind that the anime is rooted to Japanese culture so, if Serena were to confess her love for Ash, it would probably just be "I really like you" and then maybe a hug... most likely no kissing, obviously for the kids and Japanese culture. There might be a peck on a cheek, though. Since that was in the 2000 movie.

Sephora is right though. Although we are all dying and curious to know what will happen at XY's ending. But we're going to have to wait unfortunately. :(

And we all have to keep in mind the new writers are the same from the Pokémon Origins special and they obviously have thought ahead for everything, including filler episodes. My guess is that they wanted to test the waters in the shipping itself (since the first lead female character to have confirmed feelings for Ash later on) and if it went well, they would pick up on the ship and go with what they originally planned for Serena if everything worked out with the popularity of the ship. In the beginning, if they were testing the waters with the ship, and it didn't sit well with the fans then they would just drop the whole ship idea and say it was just Serena having admiration for Ash for helping her and just wanted to meet up with Ash to become better friends after seeing him on the news... (although that wouldn't really stop people that shipping Ash with Serena even if there was no crush lol)

If that makes any sense, lol. Just guessing with what the new writers might have already been planning before they were officially given the job while Ash was still on the Decalore Island trip. :p

Sephora

yes I'm back
My guess is that they wanted to test the waters in the shipping itself (since the first lead female character to have confirmed feelings for Ash later on) and if it went well, they would pick up on the ship and go with what they originally planned for Serena if everything worked out with the popularity of the ship. In the beginning, if they were testing the waters with the ship, and it didn't sit well with the fans then they would just drop the whole ship idea and say it was just Serena having admiration for Ash for helping her and just wanted to meet up with Ash to become better friends after seeing him on the news... (although that wouldn't really stop people that shipping Ash with Serena even if there was no crush lol)

That's not how it works, unfortunately. I don't think they listen to what "sits well" with the fans, but rather what they want and think would be best. I mean if they seriously considered fan opinions, then Ash would've won a league a long time ago, Team Rocket would've been ditched, Misty/May would've made a cameo, etc. The writers only do what they want since the anime is just to promote the games after all. Pokemon isn't an anime-only based thing that requires high ratings to keep it going. They make profit mostly out of the games and the anime is just promotion cloaked as entertainment on the side. If the opposite were true, then the story would've progressed and not been recycled so many times.

So because of this, I don't think AmourShipping being canon depends on the fans. It solely depends on the writers themselves and their opinion on how it'll impact the show. In fact, if they want to make a not-very-popular Ash ship become canon, they can do that. They can make any shipping canon or not regardless of its popularity. Look at PokeShipping for example. It has been there since the very start of the anime and it went nowhere despite its humongous fanbase.

The writers are most likely sticking to their original plan of what to do with Serena.

SickboyRawrs

It just came to my mind, with the ORAS release, if we have Pokevision in there (Hoenn), well you can say hello to Serena to any other generation, because that would mean that Pokevision thing is not just for Kalos (and what's with the Pikachu cosplay thing? Maybe the new Contest will be focused on Performers more than Coordinators? I wouldn't mind this because hello Serena <3)

phanpycross

God-king
"If Serena does starts going towards her dream(when she figures it out)in the way that Ash does how will her bond/relationship with Ash grow from here?"

Ash is the guy to always help out friends, so she could start helping him train, while He could help with preparation for the stage-show. (if she chooses poke-performing), and they could bond that way.

Matthewthemeowth

Forgive me Giovanni
My first post here so just try to encourage you guys.

I have checked this topic for long and I notice that most of you are rather pessimistic on Amourshipping. (Just in my view) I am very sure that at least confessing is going to happen, and most likely Ash will accept that. Previous shippings do not have obvious hints but Amourshipping is basically confirmed (so much hints officially). There is no point that the writer presents so much hints just to fool us.

About Episode 40, I know many people think that there is no hints at all but I think that the writer is trying to strengthen Serena's crush on Ash. I don't think the writer spends time on Summer Camp just to show Serena's dream. Remember they met in Summer Camp first?

Sorry for any offenses but I am here just to encourage Amourshippers.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There is no point that the writer presents so much hints just to fool us.

The thing is shipping is just a character quirk of Serena's. It doesn't mean they have to follow through with it or confirm it. They could very well give Amourshipping the same "ending" Pokeshipping had when Misty left. Its also not like these writers haven't completely abandoned plotlines they've built up before.

Serena could very well just stay as she is now for the entire generation, never telling Ash how she feels, and then...that's it. You would think after the anime has been running for 17 years for people not to get their hopes up.

Graham Aker

About Episode 40, I know many people think that there is no hints at all but I think that the writer is trying to strengthen Serena's crush on Ash. I don't think the writer spends time on Summer Camp just to show Serena's dream. Remember they met in Summer Camp first?

"Many people" is really only two. And I still question that statement. I guess people don't consider Serena getting flustered after she called Ash amazing a hint? I mean there really wasn't anything from Ash, but Serena's was there. And this is coming from the cynic of this thread.

SimplyMatt

If the writers just wrote off Serena like the other Pokegirls, that would just tick off most of their fan base. But you mean you never know what the writer may do, maybe they might try something different.

That awkward moment when one of the pessimist of the thread gave a good point to support a hint.

I may not have felt the hints in this week's episode but I'll give you this; it seems Serena's admiration for Satoshi grew even better. I guess her feelings for him hasn't died down. (not yet)

Also, looks like the people in Bulbapedia did it again.

Satoshi's hint: When Serena begins to fall down a cliff, Ash runs after her and grabs her hand to try to stop her from falling, but ends up falling down with her in the process.
How the heck is this a hint? I think it's normal that he tries to grab her hands in order to save her. Anyone would do that especially if that person is someone you know (Well except maybe for scaredy-pants people).
Serena's hint: After Ash injures his foot, Serena nurses it with a wet cloth and her hand seems to linger while she is doing so.
Meh, she's guilty because she knew that it was her fault they ended up falling. It's the least that she can do for him. Anyone in her place would do the same (And what the heck is up with the lingering part?).

Last edited:
My first post here so just try to encourage you guys.

I have checked this topic for long and I notice that most of you are rather pessimistic on Amourshipping. (Just in my view) I am very sure that at least confessing is going to happen, and most likely Ash will accept that. Previous shippings do not have obvious hints but Amourshipping is basically confirmed (so much hints officially). There is no point that the writer presents so much hints just to fool us.

Thank you, and welcome to the club!

What Graham Aker said, btw. Only a few people are pessimistic, not MOST. I think under the 'pessimistic' people you talk of on this thread, I am one of those who are pessimistic at times on this thread, but not ALL the time. To be honest, anything's anything for me. I just dislike it when people are too into the ship, taking it as an obsession rather than a common interest, such as overreacting at the slightest of hints, saying if it doesn't become canon "I kill myself", etc. I see myself as more practical, and have a balance between reality and fiction, so that is often why I can be seen as pessimistic at times.

"Many people" is really only two. And I still question that statement. I guess people don't consider Serena getting flustered after she called Ash amazing a hint? I mean there really wasn't anything from Ash, but Serena's was there. And this is coming from the cynic of this thread.

I gotta start catching up with these damn Japanese episodes. I feel I'm missing a lot.

PokeHero96

That awkward moment when one of the pessimist of the thread gave a good point to support a hint.

I may not have felt the hints in this week's episode but I'll give you this; it seems Serena's admiration for Satoshi grew even better. I guess her feelings for him hasn't died down. (not yet)

Also, looks like the people in Bulbapedia did it again.

Satoshi's hint: When Serena begins to fall down a cliff, Ash runs after her and grabs her hand to try to stop her from falling, but ends up falling down with her in the process.
How the heck is this a hint? I think it's normal that he tries to grab her hands in order to save her. Anyone would do that especially if that person is someone you know (Well except maybe for scaredy-pants people).
Serena's hint: After Ash injures his foot, Serena nurses it with a wet cloth and her hand seems to linger while she is doing so.
Meh, she's guilty because she knew that it was her fault they ended up falling. It's the least that she can do for him. Anyone in her place would do the same (And what the heck is up to the lingering part?).

Wow, your really trying to make these scenes sound so natural. I'm mean yeah, people would try and save a friend from falling and tend to their injury, but shish.

Personally, I think Ash's personality during that scene seemed more calmer than usual etc.. plus when you see him staring at her while she's hugging Fenniken, And when Serena shows a bit more affection towards Ash when she says his amazing, and freaked out a bit when Ash looked shocked. There also how she got inspiration from Ash when he spoke about his goal. Plus the music that played in the background gave a lot of meaning to the scene as well.

There small things, and they may not be romantic, but each little interaction they have are getting more and more meaningful in my opinion, hint or not.

Last edited:

jason0597

Please don't fight here, this is an amourshipping thread, not bashing amourshipping thread

I liked that scene where Serena was nursing Satoshi. Not about his foot, but the fact that they spent a little time together without the other people mucking their interactions. I hope we see more of that down the line.

PokeHero96

Please don't fight here, this is an amourshipping thread, not bashing amourshipping thread

I liked that scene where Serena was nursing Satoshi. Not about his foot, but the fact that they spent a little time together without the other people mucking their interactions. I hope we see more of that down the line.

I wasn't trying to start a fight, sorry if it sounded like I was though.

Anyways, I do agree with you, I loved the whole scene from when they fell down the cliff to before they got saved aha!
It was a nice moment. And like you said, it was nice to see them getting some alone time to bond a bit more, lets cross our fingers that they hopefully get more times like this :)

Sheepy Lamby

Although Pokémon is generally aimed towards the younger audience... the new writers are fully aware most of their fan base is much older audience watching.
But we have to keep in mind that the anime is rooted to Japanese culture so, if Serena were to confess her love for Ash, it would probably just be "I really like you" and then maybe a hug... most likely no kissing, obviously for the kids and Japanese culture. There might be a peck on a cheek, though. Since that was in the 2000 movie.

Sephora is right though. Although we are all dying and curious to know what will happen at XY's ending. But we're going to have to wait unfortunately. :(

And we all have to keep in mind the new writers are the same from the Pokémon Origins special and they obviously have thought ahead for everything, including filler episodes. My guess is that they wanted to test the waters in the shipping itself (since the first lead female character to have confirmed feelings for Ash later on) and if it went well, they would pick up on the ship and go with what they originally planned for Serena if everything worked out with the popularity of the ship. In the beginning, if they were testing the waters with the ship, and it didn't sit well with the fans then they would just drop the whole ship idea and say it was just Serena having admiration for Ash for helping her and just wanted to meet up with Ash to become better friends after seeing him on the news... (although that wouldn't really stop people that shipping Ash with Serena even if there was no crush lol)

If that makes any sense, lol. Just guessing with what the new writers might have already been planning before they were officially given the job while Ash was still on the Decalore Island trip. :p

Yep! Japanese culture has been an important factor in the development of Amourshipping and the previous ones. Your reference of Pokémon 2000 reminds me what the late Takeshi Shudo said about the way how producers and writers handled the female characters. I think they should consider the fan base outside Japan and make this SatoSere more "alive".
Thanks for refreshing our memory, what happened (behind) that movie reflects this cultural factor.
I really wish to Serena a better luck than other female companions, seriously. All her efforts to be beside Ash cannot be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.