• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I guess people don't consider Serena getting flustered after she called Ash amazing a hint?

I found that odd, too. If anything was a hint this episode, it was that, but it's gone mostly unmentioned the entire thread.

Your reference of Pokémon 2000 reminds me what the late Takeshi Shudo said about the way how producers and writers handled the female characters.

Shudo's statements are a) very old and purely based on the writing at the time he made them and b) seemingly mostly reflected what he himself personally thought about how the characters should be handled rather than how the other writers thought they should be handled. What he said about how Kasumi was written and how she actually was written (particularly in the Orange Islands) doesn't really mesh.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
I guess there's some people who expected more out of this scene...

I liked the bit of alone time there, gave them a chance for some small talk. And have to start small before anything develops. Honestly, any hints are going to be fairly subtle to say the least, and if stuff builds up later on, then stuff can become more obvious. It's mostly going to be body language cues at this time.

On the flipside, there shouldn't be an obsession for any little thing that can be taken as a hint. Just enjoy the series as it comes.

Honestly, I don't think that there will be a canon ship, but that's due to the show being neutral in general. If the writers want to prove me wrong, they can certainly do that if they want to, and I wouldn't mind it. Would give an interesting dynamic and also would give Ash development in that it's not all Pokemon leagues and stuff for him, but there's the more personal development as well.

--VIRGO--

That awkward moment when one of the pessimist of the thread gave a good point to support a hint.

I may not have felt the hints in this week's episode but I'll give you this; it seems Serena's admiration for Satoshi grew even better. I guess her feelings for him hasn't died down. (not yet)

Also, looks like the people in Bulbapedia did it again.

Satoshi's hint: When Serena begins to fall down a cliff, Ash runs after her and grabs her hand to try to stop her from falling, but ends up falling down with her in the process.
How the heck is this a hint? I think it's normal that he tries to grab her hands in order to save her. Anyone would do that especially if that person is someone you know (Well except maybe for scaredy-pants people).
Serena's hint: After Ash injures his foot, Serena nurses it with a wet cloth and her hand seems to linger while she is doing so.
Meh, she's guilty because she knew that it was her fault they ended up falling. It's the least that she can do for him. Anyone in her place would do the same (And what the heck is up with the lingering part?).

About Ash's hint. The way he interacted with her shows how far he is beyond his original series' self. It's not the fact, that he tried to save Serena made this scene special imo. But afterwards. The way he looked at her talked to her. He tried to be tough and had quite productive conversation with Serena. The last time I've seen his this way was, when he tried to save his sceptile in BF arc. I've said this before. Even despite Ash wouldn't admite it or realize it, he subcounciously sees Serena as someone more than friend, as seen in XY007 and XY021.
About Serena's hint. There's no mystery in that. She is in love with him. It was natural for her to take care of his leg. And quilt has nothing to do with it. And lingerie's part. Well she simply nursed his injured foot with giga care. It was the foot of her love after all.

Well about XY's finale. Much of you assume that Serena will leave after Kalos arc. Because Ash has to go to gen VII region, has to meet with this region's girl, and things like that. Your assumptions are this way because of the previous anime episodes. However nobody said it has to be this way again.
We all know Serena is based on the girl from the X/Y. But where is Ash's game counterpart. There is an assumption that it is Red from the first games. However I don't think that is true anymore. I think he resembles now Calem from X/Y more. And there is very good chance that Ash for his gen VII journey is gonna be based on this gen's male player.
My point is that if Serena is meant to stay longer than for XY, she might be redesigned to match gen VII games' female player. Writers, as gen. VII female player anime's counterpart, might give us redesigned Serena instead of giving completely new girl. It would perfectly solve the problem of Serena and gen VII games' female.

I repost my statement about BW series. Even though I didn't like it I watched every single episode. And there were few good moments like the return of Dawn (I was a pearlshipper back then). My point is that in BW there wasn't any main girl or heroine (I hate that word much). Instead writers gave us two "Brocks". One of them is Iris. She wasn't anything, like May, Dawn or Serena. She simply stand apart of any particural journey from the start and her developement didn't differ much from Cilan's. So I think, she was simply a female version of Brock from original to DP.

So the whole point of my last bit of this post is that. The fate of Serena is unknown. We don't have to be overly optimistic. Hovewer being pessimistic (sometimes mistaken with realisic) is not better too. The main strenght of amour right now is that it is still here while the others have gone. So enjoy what it has right now and don't assume anything. Because anything hasn't been said about amour's future. So let's not worry about it right now.

Last edited:

chicorita3

i couldn't have said it better myself Bingo0. It gets really annoying when this forum about amourshipping gets turned into a forum about serena leaving. seriously, the last 3-4 pages have been mostly about serena leaving. this is an amourshipping forum about hints and other stuff about 2 people, Ash & Serena.

Like mentioned before, yeah there wasn't any blushing but not every hint needs to be based around that, nice interaction between the two is just as good to see. Quite frankly this was my favourite Amourshipping episode since XY007. Also, having the camera focus on Ash while he appreciated Serena's bond with Fennekin was very nice to see as well, he really likes that stuff.

PokeHero96

I agree with both of you, chiocorita3, and bingo0. Plus bingo0, you explained that so much more better than I did aha! thanks for clearing it up :p

Anyways, we have two more episodes with Shauna, Trevor and the dancing dude forgot his name

So when they leave, since Serena and Shauna have both become good friends.
Do you think anything will be said between Serena and Shauna before each group part ways ?? If so what ??

chicorita3

I agree with both of you, chiocorita3, and bingo0. Plus bingo0, you explained that so much more better than I did aha! thanks for clearing it up :p

Anyways, we have two more episodes with Shauna, Trevor and the dancing dude forgot his name

Do you think anything will be said between Serena and Shauna before each group part ways ?? If so what ??

great question! idk! maybe they will talk about what they will do next and maybe about ASH! oh do you think tierno trevor and shuana will travel together since they just met in this arc?

Sheepy Lamby

Shudo's statements are a) very old and purely based on the writing at the time he made them and b) seemingly mostly reflected what he himself personally thought about how the characters should be handled rather than how the other writers thought they should be handled. What he said about how Kasumi was written and how she actually was written (particularly in the Orange Islands) doesn't really mesh.

In my opinion, Kasumi's role became less influential, they didn't care on her development.
I am satisfied with the way how they are treating Serena, I just hope they don't run out of ideas and let her "vanish" like Kasumi/Misty.

zzz1000120

His name is Tierno.

It is very likely that Serena and Shauna will have another talk on the beach. Mostly likely they're going to talk about Pokemon performers and how Ash has been good friend to her and Shauna would probably figure it by then. I hope Shauna will be the Lyra of amourshipping and ask that question or something similar because we all know that Serena won't deny it as shown by the Miette episode.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think that people got way too spoiled from the hints we got before. There doesn't have to be blatant blushing for it to be something. You have to admit their interaction was adorable, and I especially loved the part where Serena became flustered after calling Ash amazing. Also, the background music was really sweet when they were talking about dreams.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I want a lot more AmourShipping hints to happen before I make a final prediction on how the ship will go during XY's finale. Right now I think it could go either way; Serena may confess to Ash and travel with him longer if he reciprocates her feelings, or she may be too shy to tell him that she likes him, in which case the ship might be put on hold for a while until Serena shows up again in the next saga or something imo.

Heh, looks like most of you guys are really into this ship. Let's see, not quite sure if this has been asked before but....

If amourshipping didn't become canon nor does it has any signs of becoming one, would you still continue to ship it like any other shippings out there? Or are you going to drop amourshipping like nothing happens?

SimplyMatt

Heh, looks like most of you guys are really into this ship. Let's see, not quite sure if this has been asked before but....

If amourshipping didn't become canon nor does it has any signs of becoming one, would you still continue to ship it like any other shippings out there? Or are you going to drop amourshipping like nothing happens?

Yea I'll support Amourshipping as long as it lasts, but once it gets discontinued then I'll be a little upset, then get over it and just eventually forget about it. But if it keeps going then Amourshipping all the way!

Sephora

yes I'm back
Heh, looks like most of you guys are really into this ship.
*Looks at thread title* Imagine?

Let's see, not quite sure if this has been asked before but....

What a depressing topic. Of course I'm going to continue shipping it. The chances of any shipping becoming canon is slim anyway. The fact that some people might stop because it won't end up canon confuses me tbh. This is Pokemon of all things, not a shoujo anime. If you have high expectations for romance then you'll have better luck watching another anime. I'm not totally ruling out the possibility of Amour being canon, but having such high expectations for it to be so is just going to lead to disappointment.

Now can people please stop being negative in this thread? I want to enjoy AmourShipping during the series, not read about complaints and negativity...

Last edited:

SimplyMatt

Okay here's another question for you guys:
Do you guys think that if Serena caught another Pokemon besides the evident Pancham, like Meowstic would it in any way affect Amourshipping? Like Serena using attract on Ash, haha jk.

PokeHero96

Theres no doubt I'll always ship AmourShipping!

I've never really been into any parings before. I mean I've liked parings and I've disliked parings. But I've never really really really liked one, and wanted to support it. AmourShipping is the only paring that I've really supported. So yes, I will always support this ship, even if it doesn't become cannon.

Do you guys think that if Serena caught another Pokemon besides the evident Pancham, like Meowstic would it in any way affect Amourshipping? Like Serena using attract on Ash, haha jk.

Ahah!! Does attract even work on humans ??
Although I don't think that will really happen, it'd be pretty funny. And seeing Ash all goo goo eyed would be really cute to see!

Last edited:

zzz1000120

I would still support the ship because of all the fandom on the ship. Even if Serena never appears again we still have fanfics (good or bad) and fanart from the very creepy stalkerish kind to the very loving and adorable kind. What I'm trying to day that as long as the show and fans are still alive then the ship still has my support.

I don't really see how that would affect amour unless:
1. Ash and Serena just happen to catch a pair of meowstics who just happen to be a couple and then Serena hints her crush with Ash using the meowstic couple.
2. One of Serena's Pokemon has a crush on Ash pikachu or any other Pokémon and basically a repeat of buneary scenario and maybe just maybe pikachu also has a crush on said Pokemon, too.

Sephora

yes I'm back

I don't think that Pokemon caught by either person affects AmourShipping in any way. I mean look at Dawn's Buneary who had a crush on Pikachu; it didn't really influence PearlShipping in any way. It would be cute for the Pokemon, but it is irrelevent to Ash and Serena imo.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
What Graham Aker said, btw. Only a few people are pessimistic, not MOST. I think under the 'pessimistic' people you talk of on this thread, I am one of those who are pessimistic at times on this thread, but not ALL the time. To be honest, anything's anything for me. I just dislike it when people are too into the ship, taking it as an obsession rather than a common interest, such as overreacting at the slightest of hints, saying if it doesn't become canon "I kill myself", etc. I see myself as more practical, and have a balance between reality and fiction, so that is often why I can be seen as pessimistic at times.

Eheh, this comment was from a while ago, but... being obsessive over a ship really isn't something you choose to do; it just happens. Some people spend a lot of time thinking about the ships they like outside the show, and they really internalize the characters. I'm one of those people. From a very early age, I devoted a lot of mental energy to shipping. It wasn't something I really thought about; I did it because it made me happy. But when you feel like it's not gonna happen... it's a lot like unrequited love. Thinking about shipping has always made you feel happy, but now it makes you feel equally sad. You don't want to stop thinking about it, even though it hurts, and... There's definitely a feeling of loss. I was way obsessed with Pokeshipping; I internalized Misty's character strongly, and it was like she felt and thought through me. You know how actors often feel like the characters they play are a part of them? It's like that. It was pretty depressing for me when Misty left the show, though the ship didn't get completely ruined for me... And even though it's not my main ship anymore, and I don't think about it all that much, it still has a pull on me. That's why, when it seems to me that Ash returns Serena's feelings, it really bums me out. It can kind of ruin my day, or two days. I'd have a pretty hard time with it it Amour became canon. This is nothing against you guys, of course; it's just the fact of the matter with me. Anyway. Of course, I know on an intellectual level that the characters aren't real (which I hate being reminded of), and for some people, that's enough to make the canon not matter. But on an emotional level, yeah, I really don't get that they're fictional. Our brains are wired to respond emotionally to facial expressions and vocal cues; that's the only way we have of knowing that other people think and feel like we do.

You might call obsessing over shipping unhealthy... I don't think it is; I mean, for all that, there's an equal amount of positive effects, emotionally, creatively, and otherwise. I think a lot of writers have issues like this, because writing strong characters requires years of involvement with them. But even if it were unhealthy... that's kind of irrelevant. I mean, I feel like it's something that's just wired into me... I'm so habituated to it, too, and then it's so hard to stop yourself from thinking about something you really want to think about... Anyway. Sorry for going on, but...

I've been wondering, do any of you have this kind of relationship with shipping? I'm interested to find out, because I'd like to find out if some ships encourage obsessive shipping more than others, or if it's a pretty equal distribution, or what. Also, I think it's good for shippers from opposing ships to try to understand each other's feelings and stuff.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
2. One of Serena's Pokemon has a crush on Ash pikachu or any other Pokémon and basically a repeat of buneary scenario and maybe just maybe pikachu also has a crush on said Pokemon, too.

I just had an idea that could give us an Ash hint plus a more mature Ash. What if Pikachu has the crush?
It could be an scenario like: Pikachu is on Ash's shoulder and Ash tells Pikachu that he should play with Serena's Pokémon, so it does, kinda doubtful at first, but then it goes and they play. Ash notices something weird in Pikachu's behavior when it's around that Pokémon, and when Pikachu comes back to Ash, he scratches its head saying something like: "Hey, buddy! Did you enjoy playing with [Pokémon's name]?" "Chaaa!!"(you know, that sound Pikachu makes when people pet its tail, and when it tasted Ketchup again on the first Korrina arc episode) but Pikachu says this while it has an ear down, and kinda wanting to cover its face with its paw, maybe blushing a little. Then, that leaves Ash kinda surprised, but then he smiles at Pikachu and says "Oh, I get it... You really like [Pokémon's name], don't you?" Immediately after, he lifts his head to watch the Pokémon, but sees that now Serena's holding it, petting it, and then the Pokémon could lick her face and she starts to laugh, looking at her Pokémon with a cute smile, then cuddles with it.

Camera closes up on Ash, who is neutrally looking at that sight while petting Pikachu, but then his mouth slowly starts to curve into a smile, while the camera zooms in more into his face.

[WHO'S THAT POKÉMON?]
[IT'S (Serena's Pokémon)!!!]

...and then we all wake up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.