• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepy Lamby

Do you think Serena's dance tutoring with Ash will come up again, and if so when and how?

I really hope so, dancing is a great bonding tool, so why not.

If they do, I hope it's in luminous city, and it's at a galla party.

Bad dancers always make girls walk away, right *facepalm* that's why last episode was lame (in hints)
I see Serena teaching him again, but in a "far" future or an episode related to pokevision (maybe)

zzz1000120

I honestly can't help but wonder if the writers have some sort of plan in mind for the Ash and Serena dance stuff. I don't think it makes much sense for them to give Serena's dance tutoring for Ash such short shrift, especially when they devoted a good chunk of time to this whole rhythm battle concept in previous episodes. Not to mention Serena apparently wore Ash out because she had so much fun dancing with her man and refused to let go of him by teaching him until sunset. Why bother wasting all this time on the rhythm battle thing if you're just going to have the actual dance part take place off camera and not have it contribute positively in any way? I feel like the writers have something up their sleeves, who knows, they may try to bring it back, maybe as soon as next episode.

Didn't someone here post something about how Ash told Serena "don't worry, I'll just do what I normally do!" I wonder if that approach will come back to bite Ash big time in the gym battle. Or maybe if he will realize midway thru the battle that he's in trouble and has no choice BUT to try out what Serena has taught him and to absolutely NAIL it even though he had failed on it before. The latter I think would be pretty cool not only because it'd be good for the ship that Serena was able to help Ash win a badge but also it's a neat plot twist. Adding in a flashback to her teaching Ash would be icing on the cake.

Duet in Lumiose sounds cute but I don't know if the writers will go that far. We can hope though ;)

By the way, does anyone know when XY season one technically ends in Japan?

Thanks for these screens, Serena's face when Bonnie is laughing is priceless! One of the web addresses is a duplicate just FYI.

Wasn't Serena kinda worried at the beginning when Korrina/Corni first appeared and was talking to Ash/Satoshi about the gym battle? Maybe I'm just imagining it though.

I like how Korrina was too busy being a bada** so distracted by Team Rocket that she want able to tend to her grandfather. Nice that Serena took one for the team :D

Back to Amour... Do you think Serena's dance tutoring with Ash will come up again, and if so when and how?

I'm starting get suspicious about what happened in Ash's dance tutoring by Serena. This lesson took a few hours of Ash (failing to dance) and Serena together granted that the blonde squad are there but we do get hints even when people are around so it doesn't really matter. And I remember from the Hawlucha episode something similar (situational wise not timewise) off screen Ash was telling Hawlucha what to do about his flying press and we had a flashback on what to do later on in the episode when the time seems right. So its very likely that we might get a flashback about the dance lesson in the next gym battle.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Back to Amour... Do you think Serena's dance tutoring with Ash will come up again, and if so when and how?

Yes. It is seemingly set-up as a Chekhov Gun similar to what they have done in episode 6. Ash, on the brink of defeat, will flashback to the moment that apparently took all afternoon to do, allowing him to find a way to counter-attack Mega Lucario.

I stopped watching Pokemon XY before the summer camp happened, so I'm not quite sure what's been happening lately (I'm only updated via this thread). Anyway, I have no idea what's up with the dancing stuff and what the heck it has to do with Satoshi's next gym battle but I've taken quite an interest to what he have said in XY040: "I have a feeling that what I do at this camp might help me in my battles." and I don’t think anything is pointless! Everything on our journey will lead up to victory at the Kalos League. That’s why I need to work harder."
Keeping those lines in mind, if that dancing thingy really is necessary for his next gym match, even if he still sucked at it after Serena's teachings, everything will work out for him in the end (after all, he did say that anything he does isn't pointless). Of course, I could still be wrong.

Anyway, I just found out that there was a dedicated day for another shipping which leads me to these questions: Do you think amour also needs a dedicated day for it? Why or why not? If you answered yes, when do you think would be the best day and why?

Spectro889

At your assistance.
I stopped watching Pokemon XY before the summer camp happened, so I'm not quite sure what's been happening lately (I'm only updated via this thread). Anyway, I have no idea what's up with the dancing stuff and what the heck it has to do with Satoshi's next gym battle but I've taken quite an interest to what he have said in XY040: "I have a feeling that what I do at this camp might help me in my battles." and I don’t think anything is pointless! Everything on our journey will lead up to victory at the Kalos League. That’s why I need to work harder."
Keeping those lines in mind, if that dancing thingy really is necessary for his next gym match, even if he still sucked at it after Serena's teachings, everything will work out for him in the end (after all, he did say that anything he does isn't pointless). Of course, I could still be wrong.

Anyway, I just found out that there was a dedicated day for another shipping which leads me to these questions: Do you think amour also needs a dedicated day for it? Why or why not? If you answered yes, when do you think would be the best day and why?

Probably Valentines' Day, I mean I know it happened before and they had a poster with Ash and Serena on it with hearts - but maybe next Valentines' they might do something, a bit different maybe? :)

Reason why - Kalos is based of France, it's the city (I should be saying region) of love and romance, the atmosphere around it, and yeah. I hope they can do something as a Valentines' special with Ash and Serena actually gaining more feelings for each other. (atm, only Serena will).
Amour, derived from the French Word - love (I'm pretty sure you know that anyway).

Everything will work out for Ash in the end, I mean. He might get frustrated some times during the gym battle (because he knows what Korrina is capable of), but he will use that motivation to go through with the match and win. (maybe a flashback with Serena teaching him as we've said before, would be a nice touch).
All I know for sure, it's gonna be one intense fight.

Good question though, asuna07neros :)

If we see Ash dance in XY044, and it's terrible, well, we can all agree our reaction would be...

mega_lucario_by_sebiechu-d6jjfpv.jpg

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.

Yeah, there should be a dedicated day for the ship, and honestly I think the best day would be the day XY007 aired in Japan because of all the foundation for the ship in that episode or the day when the episode where Ash met Serena aired in Japan. It makes a lot of sense to place the day there because like I said, XY007 has all the foundation and confirmation of Serena's crush while XY005 or the episode Ash and Serena meet in Santalune did start the ship. It didn't have as many hints, but it did lead to events in the future episodes. Just my take on this.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye

No, but if needs be then it will be Valentine's Day. Why? Amour=Love. AmourShipping is LoveShipping, it is basically THE One True Pairing of the Year of ALL YEARS. And what better way to celebrate the Ship of Love than on Valentine's Day?

zzz1000120

November 21, do I need to say more *then looks at rule* oh yeah I do. Well, that was the day that XY07 was aired and it was the episode that gave us the confirmation of Seren'a crush so it would make sense to dedicate that day to amourshipping.

Sheepy Lamby

XY050 "Dance, Yancham — Captivate, Fokko! The Dance for Tomorrow" will focus on Serena and competing in a Tri-Pokelon(?)
Dance... Captivate... don't those words related to shipping? They sound like hits to me! :D
Any episode based on Serena gives us hints! yeah, I can't wait!

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
XY050 "Dance, Yancham — Captivate, Fokko! The Dance for Tomorrow" will focus on Serena and competing in a Tri-Pokelon(?)
Dance... Captivate... don't those words related to shipping? They sound like hits to me! :D
Any episode based on Serena gives us hints! yeah, I can't wait!

If there is something I look forward is Serena and Ash dancing. It would be so sweet, although a bit unlikely. But who knows.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wonder how Serena being more active all of a sudden will affect AmourShipping's progress in general. I mean thus far Serena has had time for Ash, but if she becomes too busy, we may not receive as many frequent shipping hints as before in my opinion. I suppose it all comes down to how well the writers will balance out Serena's two interests.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I'm seeing a lot of one liners here, guys, and honestly, I'm not liking it one bit. Please start adding more on to your posts from now on, alright?

Anyways, I definitely thought the idea of Serena teaching Ash to dance was interesting and I wish the writers would have showed us a scene like that. It would have been so interesting and Ash dancing in the XY043 was hilarious, I could not stop myself from cracking up as I was watching it.

Do you think Amour also needs a dedicated day for it? Why or why not? If you answered yes, when do you think would be the best day and why?

Well, yes, of course. Other ships do have specific days dedicated to it, Amourshipping should too.

Preferably, I would say the day when the episodes with the biggest Amourshipping hints aired in Japan. Like, XY040 had some really big Amourshippy moments so the day that episode aired should be Amourshipping day.

Or, like Spectro889 said, Valentines day. The Kalos region is heavily based off of France and I hear that Paris is city of love, so to speak. So yeah, possibly Valentines day would be ideal too.

Any day you guys want work well too.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
So is amourshipping going to go downhill from here, will this be the end. I really hope not, we were getting SO CLOSE.

We have got plenty of hint droughts in XY already (usually three to seven episodes without a hint), nothing wrong with it imho, makes things more exciting and helps prevent things from developing too quickly or getting old. I wouldn't worry too much about this. Hints may become a bit less frequent as Serena's on-air time gets devoted more to her goal but I feel like the writers will still find ways to put hints in there. I've long been of the view that goals and shippiness aren't mutually exclusive things. If anything I think the writers have a great opportunity here for each one to help reinforce the other.

In any event I'm happy Serena's character is getting some development. With it, her crush on Ash would carry even more significance and feel more powerful... ie, Serena and Ash, drawn together by the pursuit of separate goals.

Do you think amour also needs a dedicated day for it? Why or why not? If you answered yes, when do you think would be the best day and why?

Of course there should also be a dedicated day for AshxSerena. Not only because other ships have a day for them too, but also because we should be reminded of how "Unique" the ship and how glorious it is, lol. If there would be any day for it, I'm going with November 21 since it's the day that the amour bomb was dropped the most. Valentines day would be a great day for amour but if it doesn't become canon or semi-canon, then it's gonna be a major disappointment for the ship.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I like the idea of the off-screen dancing because I think it's building up to a hint in the Gym battle, with Ash remembering it (flashback incoming) and also him remembering the words, "Don't give up till it's over!" which will help him win. So yes, I think it will be mentioned in the battle.

Also, a BEACH EPISODE! Although it's apparently centred around Bonnie, it will almost definitely have Serena in a swimsuit, so we'll be able to see Ash' response to that. And it is said to have a Lapras, so maybe we can see Ash mention a Lapras from his earlier adventures.

And like Sheepy Lamby said, XY050 will have Fennekin and Pancham dancing. This will be another Serena-centric episode, so most likely we'll get more hints. This ship is nowhere near going downhill, it's only just powering up!

And about the dedication day towards Amourshipping, I don't really think it's necessary. Every other ship has one, sure, but that's my point. Since Amour is different to those ships (I don't need to explain why) it doesn't need a day allocated to it to gain more appreciation, like the other's did. I'm pretty sure every Pokemon fan would notice Amourshipping, and Serena's crush, so really every day an episode airs Amour is noticed and appreciated. But... if there was a day to commemorate this momentous shipping, I would agree with everyone else: Valentine's Day (Amour=love, Kalos is based off France), or November 21 (airing of XY007).

EDIT: One more thing, I've been thinking about the capture of Pancham (no need for spoiler tags anymore TBH) and I think it's possible for it to be a boy, wearing Serena's (game counterpart) sunglasses. It would be awesome to see Serena take them and wear them herself once, just as a neat little reference. Plus if Ash or one of the others says: "They really suit you!"
And like chicorita3 said, it would be nice to see Pancham trying to win Fennekin's love if it's a boy, we might see a fight between it and Froakie. Might involve Ash and Serena then ;)

Last edited:

chicorita3

aww man we might have to wait 2 weeks of haitus from the 49th to the 50th episode. anyways the 50th episode, I hope that pancham is a boy because the title is called "dance yancham-cultivate fokko" soo that might mean that pancham wants to impress fokko maybe?
what if this happens with ash and serena!!

Sheepy Lamby

I like the idea of the off-screen dancing because I think it's building up to a hint in the Gym battle, with Ash remembering it (flashback incoming) and also him remembering the words, "Don't give up till it's over!" which will help him win. So yes, I think it will be mentioned in the battle.

Also, a BEACH EPISODE! Although it's apparently centred around Bonnie, it will almost definitely have Serena in a swimsuit, so we'll be able to see Ash' response to that. And it is said to have a Lapras, so maybe we can see Ash mention a Lapras from his earlier adventures.

And like Sheepy Lamby said, XY050 will have Fennekin and Pancham dancing. This will be another Serena-centric episode, so most likely we'll get more hints. This ship is nowhere near going downhill, it's only just powering up!

And about the dedication day towards Amourshipping, I don't really think it's necessary. Every other ship has one, sure, but that's my point. Since Amour is different to those ships (I don't need to explain why) it doesn't need a day allocated to it to gain more appreciation, like the other's did. I'm pretty sure every Pokemon fan would notice Amourshipping, and Serena's crush, so really every day an episode airs Amour is noticed and appreciated. But... if there was a day to commemorate this momentous shipping, I would agree with everyone else: Valentine's Day (Amour=love, Kalos is based off France), or November 21 (airing of XY007).

EDIT: One more thing, I've been thinking about the capture of Pancham (no need for spoiler tags anymore TBH) and I think it's possible for it to be a boy, wearing Serena's (game counterpart) sunglasses. It would be awesome to see Serena take them and wear them herself once, just as a neat little reference. Plus if Ash or one of the others says: "They really suit you!"
And like chicorita3 said, it would be nice to see Pancham trying to win Fennekin's love if it's a boy, we might see a fight between it and Froakie. Might involve Ash and Serena then ;)

Beach episode dude!!! Surfs up!!!
yeah! It's in the current ending theme... Serena wearing a nice swimsuit playing with Bonnie (what will be in Ash's mind while looking at her?)
I hope, talking about Valentines, a stronger promo next year instead of only a picture on a magazine (seriously? that was lame!!!!)

wiitard119

honestly Amourshippers are SO spoiled. Compared to Pearlshipping and advanceshipping you guys get good hints every other month.
Seriously pearlshipping it was like once every 4 months for a solid hint.
So amourshipping still has lots of potential do not worry. We still have 3+ years and 150 episodes left to go. The writers cant just end it right now.

matthew11

8000 MMR
honestly Amourshippers are SO spoiled. Compared to Pearlshipping and advanceshipping you guys get good hints every other month.
Seriously pearlshipping it was like once every 4 months for a solid hint.
So amourshipping still has lots of potential do not worry. We still have 3+ years and 150 episodes left to go. The writers cant just end it right now.

Is that a compliment or an insult? I'll take it as a compliment :)

Yeah, Amourshipping won't just end here. It has still a lot of episodes to develop from it, compared to those ships

arctofire

I think "Thats amazing Ash" instead of "You really are amazing Satoshi" is a little bit of a reduction but it certainly isn't what one user made it out to be, saying that the English version is not specific if she has a crush on Ash, which it totally is. It is a little less mature than the Japanese but it is still VERY APPARENT that she has a crush on him, whatever way you look at it. Also the setting and the lighting is very romantic also, and they won't cut out the "Oh I will clean it again" which is good news, and actually I don't think this will be changed, heres why.

Pokemon USA have respect for the Pokemon anime. Whilst they don't always get it right, there goal is to tell the same story just in a way that western audiences can experience it. They are not as strict as 4Kids and they do not do anywhere near the amount of butchery that was done with Pokemon: The First Movie. Whilst the voices are inferior to 4Kids, they do a much better job of translation than 4Kids did. If a romantic angle is one the writers want, most of the time unless its inappropriately sexual (Which amourshipping certainly isn't) romance it is for the westerners.

I have proof to back this up because of there handling with amourshipping so far.

I take back what I said about Pokemon USA, I watched the flashback from episode 7 and the dub had completely ruined it compared to the Japanese version. I was simply stating that the dubbers won't remove the romance at all. Just make it more over the top and cliche, I don't get what there thought process is. 4Kids WOULD have been worse though, so just remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.