• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason0597

Hmm, okay, not too bad of an episode, simple moments but enough for a gym episode as this one.
Also, is is just me or do the credits have more people in them than normal episodes? Or am I used to the kanto japanese credits

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
She said, "Satoshi, everyone...do your best!!" It's nice that she cares so much. Ash's dancing rhythm was pretty horrible, and I'm glad she made him realize that he's better doing his own thing. It's served him pretty well up until this point.

Agree. And what I like about the way the writers had Serena motivate Ash is that it was in a subtle, unexpected, unique way. In the past, characters would often motivate Ash in very direct ways: Dawn's cheerleading or Misty shouting at Ash from the sidelines. With the cheerleading, I remember Ash's response to Dawn's first cheerleading (Coal Badge gym) as just being like "Thanks Dawn, now I'm motivated to win." The cheerleading was really cute and all (it kinda made me go awww and kinda want to ship them ), but from a writing perspective Ash's response doesn't have that punch that things have when there's that element of surprise and complexity.

Here, the writers didn't tell us Ash was motivated, but showed us. His facial expressions combined with the surprising advice from Serena and his epiphany moment really gave this scene that missing punch. It showed us Serena's impact on him through emotions and feelings and expressions. It didn't simply tell us. Major props to the writers on this one. The way they've handled the interactions among characters has been pretty darn good (for the most part) so far in XY. They made this shippy moment, despite its subtlety, effect quite a response from me.

I am VERY interested how Ash will motivate/support Serena in her goal of being his overly attached girlfriend competing in tripokalons. Wonder if the writers have anything else up their sleeves? How should/will the show go about having Ash/Satoshi support and motivate Serena as she pursues her goal and catches her second Pokemon?

Look at that face. THAT is how it should always be. It (I hope) is the sign that Serena is more confident on Satoshi's battles now. Compared to her previous reactions to Satoshi's matches, I like this one better. She seemed confident about his battles now but not too confident though (compared to when she first saw Satoshi battled against Viola) which is way way better. She should also stop worrying (against Zakuro) too much and she should realize by now how gym battles work.

Oh Serena, why must you be so cute. Agree, Serena had a nice balance this episode between worry and confidence. Felt like the appropriate way to have her behave after she worried so much freaked out, couldn't even and was literally dyinnng in XY025 with the Cyllage Gym battle against Grant/Zakuro.

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Agree. And what I like about the way the writers had Serena motivate Ash is that it was in a subtle, unexpected, unique way. In the past, characters would often motivate Ash in very direct ways: Dawn's cheerleading or Misty shouting at Ash from the sidelines. With the cheerleading, I remember Ash's response to Dawn's first cheerleading (Coal Badge gym) as just being like "Thanks Dawn, now I'm motivated to win." The cheerleading was really cute and all (it kinda made me go awww and kinda want to ship them ), but from a writing perspective Ash's response doesn't have that punch that things have when there's that element of surprise and complexity.

Here, the writers didn't tell us Ash was motivated, but showed us. His facial expressions combined with the surprising advice from Serena and his epiphany moment really gave this scene that missing punch. It showed us Serena's impact on him through emotions and feelings and expressions. It didn't simply tell us. Major props to the writers on this one. The way they've handled the interactions among characters has been pretty darn good (for the most part) so far in XY. They made this shippy moment, despite its subtlety, effect quite a response from me.

I am VERY interested how Ash will motivate/support Serena in her goal of being his overly attached girlfriend competing in tripokalons. Wonder if the writers have anything else up their sleeves? How should/will the show go about having Ash/Satoshi support and motivate Serena as she pursues her goal and catches her second Pokemon?

I agree.

In response to your question, I really do want to see Ash motivating Serena. She's been motivating and cheering on for him a lot now, I want it to be Ash doing the same for her.
Maybe he'll start training her and her pokemon, maybe he'll do something else. (just repeating 'Never give up until the end' isn't going to do much and will become repetitive)

As to her pursuing her goal and becoming more experienced, I hope to see Ash gain feelings for her as to what she has done for him (motivation, cheering in his battles and more), and that he could do the same.
XY047 - onwards, I would like to see some of that happen. Of course, it is still early to speculate what happens in XY047.

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
Some Amourshippy screens from XY44.

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/3jvNsJ2.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"Man it's hot in here, what happened to the AC"

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/CC1S0Fn.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Looks over toward Serena

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/tZEz0gR.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Serena with a worried look on her face

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/54TRgEg.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Ash's flashback to dance practice with Serena

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/GZx0T0r.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"Hey Ash, your fly is down"

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/MQ5EI4a.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"Wut r u srs?"

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/5eq8Qsz.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"Nah, but you suck at dancing"

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/fZ2G0hU.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"FML"

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/CUxYqBG.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"Hmm she has a point"

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/kdVmobQ.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
"I just got a brilliant idea: Let's go to Chuck E Cheese after the battle!"

In all seriousness, basically Ash/Satoshi flashes back to the dance practice from XY043, and in the flashback Serena (apparently) tells Ash that the dancing/rhythm battling thing may not be for him? Ash looks kinda flustered but also seems to have a light click on in his head. It flashes back to him and he realizes that Serena's right. That final image shows Ash's eye glimmer.

So after that, he tells Hawlucha/Luchabull that the Boy Dance Party is over that it's time to ditch the rhyhtm batttling and go back to basics.

Right after Hawlucha defeats Korrina's first Pokemon:

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/lBFar7r.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Serena thinking something about Ash.

Not the same old blushing/worrying hints of the past but these were nice moments through and through.
Nothing...nothing important like the second gym...
We can hope for the next episode.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Nothing...nothing important like the second gym...
We can hope for the next episode.

The next episode won't likely have anything. It's a Clement and Bonnie centric episode.

I thought the scene was good, it surprised me, in a great type of way.

I really hope that its the opposite when Serena starts performing, we may finally see Ash encouraging Serena. That'll be a sight to see.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved how worried Serena seemed to be for Ash during the Gym battle, honestly. I was expecting that obviously, but it was still cute to see her worry for Ash. Anyway, talking about the Skrelp episode that'll finally air soon: I didn't really care for that episode before and my feelings haven't changed much since then, but perhaps the submarine scenes will actually feature cute Ash and Serena interactions/hints? Who knows.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Serena cheering for Ash was nice but its not something all past girls haven't done before. Remember Dawn broke out in a cheerleading outfit for Ash at Gyms. Also I find it funny all of you are bringing up Serena's figure, its honestly bringing flashbacks of May in early AG.

The skipped episode finally airing is a good thing since it seems like there was some scene between them we didn't get to see the first time. They were stuck in a submarine together after all.

I still say there will be some of Ash in Serena's ending theme too.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Serena cheering for Ash was nice but its not something all past girls haven't done before. Remember Dawn broke out in a cheerleading outfit for Ash at Gyms. Also I find it funny all of you are bringing up Serena's figure, its honestly bringing flashbacks of May in early AG.

The skipped episode finally airing is a good thing since it seems like there was some scene between them we didn't get to see the first time. They were stuck in a submarine together after all.

I still say there will be some of Ash in Serena's ending theme too.

I don't think of it so much as a hint as something that strengthens their bond. And that's way more important. I mean, hints are great and all, but for fans... well, for me, at least, they were always more about confirmation as a shipper that yeah, there's something going on there. My favorite moments between characters can usually be taken as friendship, because friendship is the most important part of any relationship. I mean, it's cute when characters get flustered or embarrassed over each other... And those feelings are great in real life; people often say they're insubstantial, and they may be compared to other things, but I think they're still an important part of the relationship. Still, what really matters is that a couple supports each other and learns from each other. That's what really makes people close. Most all of my favorite ships focus on that.

Sheepy Lamby

Hits in this episode?
Is she saying "Your rhythm is special"?
[IMG200]http://static.wixstatic.com/media/a69ff4_23c2efff9c2d4e56a5629d69880364d5.png[/IMG200]
Here she says something like: "Ash, guys...you can do it!" Very motivational!
[IMG200]http://static.wixstatic.com/media/a69ff4_0c59dea669374c2eaf260b7acc5dcef6.png[/IMG200]
IMO, not strong hints but the episode was great!!
I wished they danced together though :(
Ash officially became a boss today, beating a MegaLucario with Pikachu!

ashsfuture

Today's episode was great, one of the best gym battles I've seen in the entire Pokemon series. As for the hints in the episode, I do think Serena's worry for Ash compared to how she was during the Grant gym battle was toned down just a little, but she still worried for him even with his comebacks. I will say that the hints did reach a emotional climax, when Ash looked at Serena she had such a worried look on her face, and then with the flashback I would like to know what Serena told him because in the end Ash was once again inspired/motivated by Serena,(due to the determined look in his eyes) but this time to use his own battle style and not try to make other battle styles be his own. Then the other hint when Serena had a warm smile on her face after Ash managed to get his first victory in his his battle against Korrina.

Aside from this considering how much Serena has inspired/motivated Ash during his gym battle, will Ash have the same impact on Serena when it comes to her Pokemon performances? and how will this impact their bond?

Last edited:
I think Satoshi recognizes that Serena is one of his sources of motivation.
This is the first time I saw Satoshi looked to her female companion in the middle of the gym match without the girl cheering loudly to him so that he can hear it. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this)
And before he looked up to Serena he said to himself "how can I win this".

chicorita3

okay the animation for this episode was so very beautiful!
I love what they have done with serena! seriously though, they are doing a song about her dreams!!!! I think they planned this whole thing with serena not having a pokemon in over 40 episodes and not having a goal! (they played us, those sneaky writers!!) now those haters will stop bashing serena for her lack of character development! Some the hints weren't storng and others say they are, to me I think they are strong especially in a gym battle episode where shipping usually disappears! though she has played a small significant role in the gym battles satoshi has fought against!
also, I feel like satoshi isn't mentioned in this thread as much, I think he should since he is half of amourshipping!(i did the same thing right know, what a loser I am right lol)
hmmm....what to talk about that also involves satoshi and not just serena?( it's hard!)

Last edited:

PokeMaster366

okay the animation for this episode was so very beautiful!
I love what they have done with serena! seriously though, they are doing a song about her dreams!!!! I think they planned this whole thing with serena not having a pokemon in over 40 episodes and not having a goal! (they played us, those sneaky writers!!) now those haters will stop bashing serena for her lack of character development! Some the hints weren't storng and others say they are, to me I think they are strong especially in a gym battle episode where shipping usually disappears! though she has played a small significant role in the gym battles satoshi has fought against!
also, I feel like satoshi isn't mentioned in this thread as much, I think he should since he is half of amourshipping!(i did the same thing right know, what a loser I am right lol)
hmmm....what to talk about that also involves satoshi and not just serena?( it's hard!)

I'm not really in the mood to re-type my argument relating to Serena and the TriPokalon thing, so I'm just going to quote a previous post I made about it.

You know, I can't help but feel a bit worried about Serena. I'm totally for Serena getting a mini-arc for herself and assembling a team. I'm even for her competing in the TriPokalon events, but it makes me wonder if it was really in everyone in the writer's wing's best interest that the TriPokalon, the equivalent of DP's in-game Pokemon contests, should be a gender-exclusive thing. I mean, I can understand wanting to give Serena her own personal spotlight and thing separate from the rest of the group, but you know someone somewhere is going to cry "sexist" over Serena's goal to enter and win Pokemon Beauty Pageants, to put it crudely.

As far as the regular Pokemon contests were concerned, you can't help but feel some weight on them because they were open events that required Coordinators and their Pokemon to be effective in battle while still being able to show off their own beauty and elegance. With the TriPokalon (or at least what we've heard about it), all you really need to worry about is showing off your Pokemon while fitting the specific theme. The TriPokalon, at least to me, just seems like one of those things that can be very, VERY easy to mess up and de-value as a goal, and the last thing I want is for there to be a larger flow of complaints about Serena's relevance to the over-arching narrative or her worth as both a character and a member of the group.

btw, do you think Ash could teach Serena any of the techniques that he learned in the Gym Battles and training so that she could apply them to the appeal rounds?

chicorita3

I'm not really in the mood to re-type my argument relating to Serena and the TriPokalon thing, so I'm just going to quote a previous post I made about it.

btw, do you think Ash could teach Serena any of the techniques that he learned in the Gym Battles and training so that she could apply them to the appeal rounds?
I get your point about sexism and eveything, but that is her personality, that is how the writers made her. They aren't going to show serena doing something that isn't her.
I mean she knows how to ride a ryhorn and everything, but that is because she was taught by one of the greatest, her mom. She is a girly-girl!
i dont think it will devalue her goal because they already have this whole thing planned for her, the episodes and the ending debut.
about your question, i think it is very possible! the writers are sometimes suprising us with things, like showing the flashback of serena teaching satoshi how to dance in todays episode!

Sheepy Lamby

off topic again guys... :S
I want to talk more about this last episode...
Ash is becoming dependent on Serena to win gym battles.
This fact IMO tells us that Ash is developing a "bond" (call it special feelings) for Serena because she is helping him to fulfill his dream (win gym battles/win the league)
While many people say Ash is mentoring Serena, I'd say Serena is a "motivational coach" for Ash.
Ash denseness can de broken if he relates Serena to his goals; if they love Pokémon, then they can Love each other! :)

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
off topic again guys... :S
I want to talk more about this last episode...
Ash is becoming dependent on Serena to win gym battles.
This fact IMO tells us that Ash is developing a "bond" (call it special feelings) for Serena because she is helping him to fulfill his dream (win gym battles/win the league)
While many people say Ash is mentoring Serena, I'd say Serena is a "motivational coach" for Ash.
Ash denseness can de broken if he relates Serena to his goals; if they love Pokémon, then they can Love each other! :)

I do agree.

Because we know that Serena has motivated Ash to win. (by the dance training she did, and the way that she looked up to Serena to remember what she said)
Maybe it's a sign that Ash might start developing some feelings for her - which is what we want.
I want Ash to do the same with Serena, motivate her. She's been doing it for him many times now, once Serena gets her Pancham in XY047, maybe we'll see that occur.

They can, but it's currently on Serena's side atm. Ash doesn't know about her feelings. (as many as we've had to said this, it's still true)

Anyway, do you see a scene happening where Ash takes an attack/hit for Serena? (E.G. Similarly to XY038 where Ash ran up in front of that Trevenant and took the hit for his Froakie and Hawlucha.)

Sheepy Lamby

I do agree.

Because we know that Serena has motivated Ash to win. (by the dance training she did, and the way that she looked up to Serena to remember what she said)
Maybe it's a sign that Ash might start developing some feelings for her - which is what we want.
I want Ash to do the same with Serena, motivate her. She's been doing it for him many times now, once Serena gets her Pancham in XY047, maybe we'll see that occur.

They can, but it's currently on Serena's side atm. Ash doesn't know about her feelings. (as many as we've had to said this, it's still true)

Anyway, do you see a scene happening where Ash takes an attack/hit for Serena? (E.G. Similarly to XY038 where Ash ran up in front of that Trevenant and took the hit for his Froakie and Hawlucha.)

For Serena, or From Serena?
oops!! I forgot we were talking about "attacks" and "Kalos" in private, haha
Seriouly dude, probably from "team forgotten" (poor guys). Well, I actually wish Ash doing it, any girl would like to be saved by her Romeo ;)
Right ladies?

matthew11

8000 MMR
Anyway, do you see a scene happening where Ash takes an attack/hit for Serena?

I do, but I think that's only Satoshi's general concern about his friends if they're in danger. Maybe, just maybe, Satoshi will say that Serena's very special to him and that he can't even imagine seeing her hurt. A hint from his side.

BTW, in the last ep, did anyone noticed how Mega Lucario's Bone Rush actually hit Luchabull even though it's a Ground Type move and Luchabull's part-Flying? Anyway the ep's done now. I'm just gonna leave that here. If you want to further discuss about this, VM me instead of discussing it here.

Last edited:

zzz1000120

I do see that happening but it's very likely that Ash will only think about it as helping a friend out rather than saving his potential girlfriend. On the other hand, this would reenforce Serena's crush on Ash (why do we always ask questions about Serena being almost hit or hurt?) Since the Lucario curse has been broken, it might be possible to break Ash's density curse

PokeMaster366

I get your point about sexism and eveything, but that is her personality, that is how the writers made her. They aren't going to show serena doing something that isn't her.
I mean she knows how to ride a ryhorn and everything, but that is because she was taught by one of the greatest, her mom. She is a girly-girl!
i dont think it will devalue her goal because they already have this whole thing planned for her, the episodes and the ending debut.
about your question, i think it is very possible! the writers are sometimes suprising us with things, like showing the flashback of serena teaching satoshi how to dance in todays episode!

What I'm trying to say is that this TriPokalon thing can easily become one of those events that make people want to dry heave, so all I'm really asking for regarding it is some tact. Please, writers, don't let this be one of those superficial distractions that don't tie into anything to the point that Ash thinks that a better use of his time is to train outside of the arena mid-event. I still think that was kind of disrespectful to May in Hoenn, and I wouldn't like to see it happen here, especially after Ash's talk about how all events are relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.