• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
off topic again guys... :S
I want to talk more about this last episode...
Ash is becoming dependent on Serena to win gym battles.
This fact IMO tells us that Ash is developing a "bond" (call it special feelings) for Serena because she is helping him to fulfill his dream (win gym battles/win the league)
While many people say Ash is mentoring Serena, I'd say Serena is a "motivational coach" for Ash.
Ash denseness can de broken if he relates Serena to his goals; if they love Pokémon, then they can Love each other! :)

I agree that it helps further their bond, and I'll just say again I really like how the writers showed and didn't tell us how Serena motivated/inspired Ash here. Whether it means Ash starts developing feelings for her is something else entirely, we'll find out, but this would def be a good way to help build those feelings if that's what the writers are aiming for. Ash still has a mighty wall of density that Serena has to chip away at, it's thicker than the Hoover Dam's wall pretty much (granted he has been very nice and gentlemanly to her this series).

What I'm trying to say is that this TriPokalon thing can easily become one of those events that make people want to dry heave, so all I'm really asking for regarding it is some tact. Please, writers, don't let this be one of those superficial distractions that don't tie into anything to the point that Ash thinks that a better use of his time is to train outside of the arena mid-event. I still think that was kind of disrespectful to May in Hoenn, and I wouldn't like to see it happen here, especially after Ash's talk about how all events are relevant.

YES, great point, it had to be said, Ash PLEASE stay in there and watch Serena and help motivate/inspire her. Maybe one of those skimpy Fennekin outfits from the Pokevision of Things to Come episode ought to do the trick...

By the way, PM subs for XY043 are now out...some observations, Clemontic Amourshipping Overanalyzer, ON!

When Korrina/Corni greets the group, she asks Ash/Satoshi if he's here because he's ready to challenge the Shalour City Gym. Serena gets worried, while Bonnie/Eureka can't stop fangirling over Korrina's awesomeness:
Corni: Satoshi, the fact that you came to the Shala Gym means that you're ready to challenge me to a Gym match, right?
Satoshi: Of course!
Serena: But you don't have a definite strategy yet...
Corni: I've also kept on training and have a perfect track record since then.
Serena: You mean you've been winning the whole time?!
Eureka: Corni, you're amazing!
Satoshi: You really are amazing, Corni.

I'm surprised Serena didn't burst into a jealous rage and send Korrina blasting off with one flamethrower from Fennekin frown or get a bit jealous when Ash complimented Corni like that. It's the same way Serena complimented Ash in XY040, actually (although the two were alone at that time so that naturally made Serena's remark seem more intimate and affectionate).

When Ash and the Pokemon start dancing, we of course see Serena unhappy over Bonnie making fun of Ash's two left feet. Korrina and Lucario's facial expressions here are HILARIOUS, screenshot goodness included below:
Serena (with sweat drop): The problem is...
Citron: Is that supposed to be dancing?
Satoshi: That's right.
Eureka (laughing): Satoshi! Your dancing is so weird!
Serena (still sweating): Eureka! Satoshi is working hard at this!
[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/Q7MMKYu.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Corni: Uhm...Is that your special training?

Then, Serena offers to teach Ash some dance moves dance WITH him and never ever let go of him after that and then take him away to live happily ever after:
Satoshi: We still need to work on it a bit more.
Serena: In that case, I'll teach you.
Satoshi: What?
Serena: I'm good at dancing....Leave it to me!

Later...Satoshi: I'm exhausted!
Eureka: Satoshi, you were no good at all.
Serena: I've run out of ways to teach him, too...

Romantic-ish music plays as Serena expresses worry about whether Ash is ready for his gym battle:
Satoshi: Serena, thank you. Citron, you too.
Serena: Satoshi? Will you be all right?
Satoshi: Yeah! Now we just need to go for broke, like always!

Not sure what the "go for broke" part means here (whether he was telling her he would definitely not ditch the rhythm battle strategy and just go all out with it, or if he WAS going to ditch it and go all out with his normal battling style). Of course in the end he decided to keep the rhythm battle strategy until he flashed back to Serena's lesson in XY044, the rest is all history. :D

Last edited:

5APHIRA

Anyway, do you see a scene happening where Ash takes an attack/hit for Serena? (E.G. Similarly to XY038 where Ash ran up in front of that Trevenant and took the hit for his Froakie and Hawlucha.)

I do see that happening but it's very likely that Ash will only think about it as helping a friend out rather than saving his potential girlfriend.

I agree with zzz1000120 on this. Ash blocking some attacks can be considered something he'd do to any of his friends. Not saying it would be very sweet of him though. BUT I'd rather see it other way around and Serena being the one who takes an attack for Ash (During team flare arc maybe.) I'd like to see Ash's reaction to that.

I'm surprised Serena didn't burst into a jealous rage and send Korrina blasting off with one flamethrower from Fennekin frown or get a bit jealous when Ash complimented Corni like that. It's the same way Serena complimented Ash in XY040, actually (although the two were alone at that time so that naturally made Serena's remark seem more intimate and affectionate).

Ash wasn't the only one who praised Korrina and he praised her for her gym leader skills.

Spectro889

At your assistance.
When Korrina/Corni greets the group, she asks Ash/Satoshi if he's here because he's ready to challenge the Shalour City Gym. Serena gets worried, while Bonnie/Eureka can't stop fangirling over Korrina's awesomeness:
Corni: Satoshi, the fact that you came to the Shala Gym means that you're ready to challenge me to a Gym match, right?

Well. Looks like someone used the same words as Serena. xD
But I too am surprised Serena didn't react to that. If she did become really jealous and Korrina noticed it, she probably would've teased her some how.
"Why are you getting so angry Serena? Do you like Ash? *smirk*". No, Korrina wouldn't do that, nor would Serena. If Serena did notice, she would get a jealous rage occurring inside.

I do see that happening but it's very likely that Ash will only think about it as helping a friend out rather than saving his potential girlfriend. On the other hand, this would reenforce Serena's crush on Ash (why do we always ask questions about Serena being almost hit or hurt?

Yeah, unfortunately that is true. Ash will bring up the same, "No problem! I'll do anything for friends!". Plot Twist: "No problem! I'll do anything for you my love!". Way off story, hence I put a plot twist there.

That is true, it would reinforce the feelings for Ash from Serena.
I don't know. I guess that if Serena being almost hit or hurt would bring out hints from Ash. If a Pokemon was about to launch an attack on her and Ash jumps in and either pulls her out of the way or takes the hit.
It would show Ash's braveness and care to his friends. *cough* Potential Girlfriend as you said.

We now await for the XY044 subs. Keep it up PM! :)

Last edited:
Well. Looks like someone used the same words as Serena. xD
But I too am surprised Serena didn't react to that. If she did become really jealous and Korrina noticed it, she probably would've teased her some how.
"Why are you getting so angry Serena? Do you like Ash? *smirk*". No, Korrina wouldn't do that, nor would Serena. If Serena did notice, she would get a jealous rage occurring inside.
I don't think Serena is that kind of jealous type. Besides, Satoshi is praising Koruni for her skills as a trainer/leader, not her beauty nor appearance and it's not like Koruni is flirting with him. Serena only gets worried, jealous, intimidated if:
- Satoshi shows indication of being attracted to a girl (or at least, what Serena thinks. e.g. XY021 with Eri/Aria and her Fokko/Fennekin)
- If a girl tries to flirt/sweet talk with Satoshi (e.g XY026 with Millfuie/Miette and XY013 with Premier/Penelope)

Satoshi and Koruni's case is nothing but a friendly rival relationship and Serena has nothing against that.

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
I don't think Serena is that kind of jealous type. Besides, Satoshi is praising Koruni for her skills as a trainer/leader, not her beauty nor appearance and it's not like Koruni is flirting with him. Serena only gets worried, jealous, intimidated if:
- Satoshi shows indication of being attracted to a girl (or at least, what Serena thinks. e.g. XY021 with Eri/Aria and her Fokko/Fennekin)
- If a girl tries to flirt/sweet talk with Satoshi (e.g XY026 with Millfuie/Miette and XY013 with Premier/Penelope)

Satoshi and Koruni's case is nothing but a friendly rival relationship and Serena has nothing against that.

I have to agree, I need to remember that Serena isn't someone to get extremely angry when she gets jealous. Serena already knows that Ash and Korrina are really good friends, in terms of rivals and fighting.
There are some good examples addressed there. Serena did get jealous when Miette asked him the question of, "Do you have a future bride in mind?". "Yeah, it's Serena!" Ash is oblivious, just forget that crossed-out section.
Serena freaked out at Penelope's sweet talk at Ash - but I don't really think an adult teacher would be flirting with a 10 y.o (assuming the age change hasn't changed since BW) boy.

Ash and Korrina have a very good relationship though. (not romantic, but friendship).
I agree with your points asuna07neros.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Anyway, do you see a scene happening where Ash takes an attack/hit for Serena? (E.G. Similarly to XY038 where Ash ran up in front of that Trevenant and took the hit for his Froakie and Hawlucha.)

Yes to be frank. I was actually expecting that a long time ago in the early XY episodes and then again in Movie 17, but as far as I remember, that didn't happen like I wanted sadly. But I still have hope for a chivalrous moment from Ash like that and maybe Serena would return the favor by taking an attack for him at some point. Who knows.

Sheepy Lamby

I have to agree, I need to remember that Serena isn't someone to get extremely angry when she gets jealous. Serena already knows that Ash and Korrina are really good friends, in terms of rivals and fighting.
There are some good examples addressed there. Serena did get jealous when Miette asked him the question of, "Do you have a future bride in mind?". "Yeah, it's Serena!" Ash is oblivious, just forget that crossed-out section.
Serena freaked out at Penelope's sweet talk at Ash - but I don't really think an adult teacher would be flirting with a 10 y.o (assuming the age change hasn't changed since BW) boy.

Ash and Korrina have a very good relationship though. (not romantic, but friendship).
I agree with your points asuna07neros.

IMO, Serena may get jealous because of her personality (remember, she is sassy, but Ash hasn't given her reasons to act in that way)
Probably we'll get a COTD explicitly teasing Ash so we can see an "explosive" Serena! :cool:
About XY044, Serena had no reason to be jealous... Ash and Korrina are like siblings and good buddies... and remember, they are more interested on training than other goals.
Serena has been so far mature enough to deal with "dangerous" situations like Miette's comments and Bonnie's reaction during the battle with Grant,
let's don't underestimate Serena, she is a soft girl but is more mature than Ash and will keep her cool when she needs it. (Unless another girl crosses the line getting to "friendly" with Ash)

I agree that it helps further their bond, and I'll just say again I really like how the writers showed and didn't tell us how Serena motivated/inspired Ash here. Whether it means Ash starts developing feelings for her is something else entirely, we'll find out, but this would def be a good way to help build those feelings if that's what the writers are aiming for. Ash still has a mighty wall of density that Serena has to chip away at, it's thicker than the Hoover Dam's wall pretty much (granted he has been very nice and gentlemanly to her this series).

YES, great point, it had to be said, Ash PLEASE stay in there and watch Serena and help motivate/inspire her. Maybe one of those skimpy Fennekin outfits from the Pokevision of Things to Come episode ought to do the trick...

By the way, PM subs for XY043 are now out...some observations, Clemontic Amourshipping Overanalyzer, ON!

When Ash and the Pokemon start dancing, we of course see Serena unhappy over Bonnie making fun of Ash's two left feet. Korrina and Lucario's facial expressions here are HILARIOUS, screenshot goodness included below:

Then, Serena offers to teach Ash some dance moves dance WITH him and never ever let go of him after that and then take him away to live happily ever after:

Romantic-ish music plays as Serena expresses worry about whether Ash is ready for his gym battle:

Not sure what the "go for broke" part means here (whether he was telling her he would definitely not ditch the rhythm battle strategy and just go all out with it, or if he WAS going to ditch it and go all out with his normal battling style). Of course in the end he decided to keep the rhythm battle strategy until he flashed back to Serena's lesson in XY044, the rest is all history. :D

It goes in both ways dude, they have to motivate each other! :D
Good point dude!!

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Anyway, do you see a scene happening where Ash takes an attack/hit for Serena?

I mean, didn't Ash already technically injure himself rescuing Serena? I can't imagine it being THAT much different from what happened in XY40. She'll feel guilty and Ash will reassure her that he's fine, and "It's no big deal." Just some more cute bonding stuff probably.

Spectro889

At your assistance.
IMO, Serena may get jealous because of her personality (remember, she is sassy, but Ash hasn't given her reasons to act in that way)
Probably we'll get a COTD explicitly teasing Ash so we can see an "explosive" Serena! :cool:
About XY044, Serena had no reason to be jealous... Ash and Korrina are like siblings and good buddies... and remember, they are more interested on training than other goals.
Serena has been so far mature enough to deal with "dangerous" situations like Miette's comments and Bonnie's reaction during the battle with Grant,
let's don't underestimate Serena, she is a soft girl but is more mature than Ash and will keep her cool when she needs it. (Unless another girl crosses the line getting to "friendly" with Ash)

That is true. Serena knows that Ash meant that as an admiration to Korrina's skills. (like you and asuna07neros' said)
Serena is a mature character, she does get jealous when it's in that type of situation, but I don't see her getting full on rage mode.
(that's if, someone teases and makes her rage ofc)

In response to Lorde and Graham Aker, I agree with your points.
It is true that Ash did technically injure himself rescuing Serena, but that was because of her not knowing where she was running off to, and what her surroundings was.
In terms of actually getting attacked by a Pokemon - that's slightly different. If Ash decided to jump in and use himself as a shield to protect Serena from damage - this would not only make her worry, but it will also reinforce her crush on him for how he cares for his friends.

If anything, I would like Ash to say, "No problem, I won't let anything hurt you Serena.". This would be very nice, but it's unlikely at this current point. The only thing he would say is, "No problem! Always for my friends!" (that oblivious %^$£)
Agreed with what everyone has said so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding gym battles..

Someone said this on YT, so I'll like to bring their point up and quickly expand on it.
We've noticed a pattern here in terms of gym battles. They are 19 episodes apart from each other.
XY006 = Ash vs Viola -> 19 episodes later -> XY025 = Ash vs Grant -> 19 episodes later -> XY044 = Ash vs Korrina -> 19 episodes later -> The next gym battle could possibly be XY063.
I'm not saying it's definitely going to be XY063, but because of this pattern that has been discovered, it could happen.

Predictions
- XY063 = Ash vs Ramos
- XY082 = Ash vs Clemont
(not putting other gym battles as it's too far to tell)

Just speculating, although it's a long way to go still. Any thoughts on this?

I mean, didn't Ash already technically injure himself rescuing Serena? I can't imagine it being THAT much different from what happened in XY40. She'll feel guilty and Ash will reassure her that he's fine, and "It's no big deal." Just some more cute bonding stuff probably.

Maybe he's referring a more extreme situation

(IE: more similar to Pikoro Daimaou getting between Son Gohan and Nappa to protect the former well, that finished on tragedy. Pikoro (and Kami) died)

If that. Maybe Serena could call him a bakayarou and asking why the hell did he do that. And Satoshi would say flatly say he wouldn't let the thing he cares the most besides Pikachu to get seriously hurt (let's get real. That word is the most blatant we're gonna get from both Satoshi or Serena in da series. And for Satoshi's density standards, it would mean "life partner". Obviously, this wouldn't end in tragedy like most DB examples and could have an extreme reforcement of their bonds.

PS: Daigo Sentai Kiryuger Kyoryuger example is more accurate cuz Daigo Kiryu/Kyoryured is dense as hell like Satoshi (for those who watched Kyoryuger you'll get the idea).

Last edited:
Just watched Thursday's episode and in terms of hints, I think it was a pretty fair amount.
I could definitely see Ash protecting Serena from an attack or hit (Similarly in Ep 9 when he ordered Froakie and Pikachu to save Serena from an attack from Magneton)
And does anybody know if there was any hints in the movie because I never got round to watching it due to these streaming sites that require you to sign up -_-

Just watched Thursday's episode and in terms of hints, I think it was a pretty fair amount.
I could definitely see Ash protecting Serena from an attack or hit (Similarly in Ep 9 when he ordered Froakie and Pikachu to save Serena from an attack from Magneton)
And does anybody know if there was any hints in the movie because I never got round to watching it due to these streaming sites that require you to sign up -_-
Haven't seen it either but based on previous posts related to the movie,
None, there aren't any hints (Unless you want to consider Satoshi being gentleman to Serena again and the part where Serena was creepily staring at Satoshi and Diancee while praying in the night)

Last edited:

[IMGSIZE=640]http://i.imgur.com/Q7MMKYu.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

That picture tho... Priceless.

Anyways, I'm back from the dead, peeps!
Well, seems to have a fair amount of hints, and that dance training... was that really necessary? Oh well. As long as hints happen (even in abnormal and weird fashion), It's fine in my book.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I think he means a literal Pokemon attack, not just a random accident like cliff falling. Anyway, even if nothing major between Ash and Serena were to happen in that scenario, it would still be cool to see them attempt to protect each other in my opinion. After all, not every AmourShipping moment needs to be important or grandiose in my opinion. :p

Sheepy Lamby

I think he means a literal Pokemon attack, not just a random accident like cliff falling. Anyway, even if nothing major between Ash and Serena were to happen in that scenario, it would still be cool to see them attempt to protect each other in my opinion. After all, not every AmourShipping moment needs to be important or grandiose in my opinion. :p

Malamar (that troublemaker) and Team Flare will try to attack the group "again", that would be the ideal scenario to see Ash risking his life to save Serena.
I don't want to get out of topic but Team Flare looks (using Malamar as reference) more intimidating than previous villains, so Ash will be involved in dangerous situations several times playing the role of Prince Charming to save the day, impress Serena and make her crazier for him :D

PokeMaster366

Malamar (that troublemaker) and Team Flare will try to attack the group "again", that would be the ideal scenario to see Ash risking his life to save Serena.
I don't want to get out of topic but Team Flare looks (using Malamar as reference) more intimidating than previous villains, so Ash will be involved in dangerous situations several times playing the role of Prince Charming to save the day, impress Serena and make her crazier for him :D

Here's a crazy idea. What if Lysandre made an appearance in the anime as a benefactor of sorts that provides Sycamore with the tools necessary to further test Mega Evolution (like a Mega Stone, maybe). He could have Sycamore give Ash the Mega Stone and one of those transceiver things that he used in the game to spy on everyone so that he can study closely how Ash uses Mega Evolution and the process behind it. Throughout the journey, Lysandre could have his goons causing trouble to not only further his plans, but to also put Ash in situations where he would have to use Mega Evolution more often to save Serena to protect his friends, which would mean more data for Lysandre to use towards the desire to use Mega Evolution himself or even shut it down completely with no effort.

And now for something completely different. Do you think it would be possible for Ash and Serena to have a few episodes by themselves after the Gym Battle with Clemont? I wouldn't be surprised if Clemont's dad wanted him to stay for a little bit to run the Gym and hang out with the family...or maybe the robot has just been too much of a maintenance pain to really be effective as a substitute Gym Leader to the point where Clemont tries for a few days after the Gym Battle with Ash to get his father to sub for him until he finishes his journey with Ash.

zzz1000120

Do you think it would be possible for Ash and Serena to have a few episodes by themselves after the Gym Battle with Clemont?

TBH I don't see Clemont staying in the gym after the gym battle with Ash because of their friendship and not mention Clemont's father is happy to see him travel with Ash and co. (As said in the mega-mecha meowth episode). But prior to the gym battle could be a different story. Knowing Ash, he would be tempted to battle Clemont in equal footing (ie not knowing each other strategy) so he would ask Clemont to return to the gym a few episodes before the battle, which would also result in Ash and Serena getting more time together.

Sheepy Lamby

Here's a crazy idea. What if Lysandre made an appearance in the anime as a benefactor of sorts that provides Sycamore with the tools necessary to further test Mega Evolution (like a Mega Stone, maybe). He could have Sycamore give Ash the Mega Stone and one of those transceiver things that he used in the game to spy on everyone so that he can study closely how Ash uses Mega Evolution and the process behind it. Throughout the journey, Lysandre could have his goons causing trouble to not only further his plans, but to also put Ash in situations where he would have to use Mega Evolution more often to save Serena to protect his friends, which would mean more data for Lysandre to use towards the desire to use Mega Evolution himself or even shut it down completely with no effort.

And now for something completely different. Do you think it would be possible for Ash and Serena to have a few episodes by themselves after the Gym Battle with Clemont? I wouldn't be surprised if Clemont's dad wanted him to stay for a little bit to run the Gym and hang out with the family...or maybe the robot has just been too much of a maintenance pain to really be effective as a substitute Gym Leader to the point where Clemont tries for a few days after the Gym Battle with Ash to get his father to sub for him until he finishes his journey with Ash.

That's a crazy idea dude! :p
About your question.... Great question!!
once reaching Lumiose City Ash and Serena will have to train with no help, which will make them bond even more! hehe...
and remember, too many things can happen to 2 hearts alone in Paris Lumiose City...

PokeHero96

Hey everyone! Just letting out that the mirror episode comes out today in English!
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm excited to see how they do this episode, how they'll change their voices for the mirror Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie etc...

But to keep this AmourShipping related, I am also excited to see how Serena is voiced when she's worrying about Ash being stuck in the mirror world, and how they will handle the ending of the episode when she asks. "We will always be/travel together right?" Something like that anyways aha! I forgot.

Anyway, heres a question!

How do you think the'll handle the AmourShipping parts ?? Like when Mirror Serena asks Serena to take care of Ash, and the ending, etc..

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Hey everyone! Just letting out that the mirror episode comes out today in English!
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm excited to see how they do this episode, how they'll change their voices for the mirror Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie etc...

But to keep this AmourShipping related, I am also excited to see how Serena is voiced when she's worrying about Ash being stuck in the mirror world, and how they will handle the ending of the episode when she asks. "We will always be/travel together right?" Something like that anyways aha! I forgot.

Anyway, heres a question!

How do you think the'll handle the AmourShipping parts ?? Like when Mirror Serena asks Serena to take care of Ash, and the ending, etc..

Hey PokeHero! Nice to see you again. :)

About the dubbed version of XY037 airing today, we can expect some toned down hints (we never know what could happen, just have to see).
E.G: They might change where Serena says, "Are we forever separated from Satoshi?", to "Will we never see Ash again?". Still, it's the same idea.
Mirror World Serena may tell her at the end, "Be good to Ash, other Serena!". I don't know why, but I always expect toned down hints from the dubbed versions. (probably being a bit too harsh).

Now the ending..
Japanese version: "We will always be together from now on, right?"
English dub - I don't know. They might just re-word it differently to keep the same tone as the Japanese version, or as people say.. tone it down.
E.G: "We will always stick together, right Ash?".

I'm not good with how the dub will change the Japanese versions, but that's all I can say. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.