• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Another day, a new question!

What romantic nicknames should Ash and Serena have for each other?

In my fics I usually have Serena call him "Ashy", but I lack a name for Serena that Ash calls her by.

Hmm. Considering that Ash is a gluttonous, oblivious boy, he'll probably call her 'PokePuff-girl!'. (too harsh :S)

Yeah, can't really think of a name for Ash to call Serena. But as you said, Serena will probably call Ash 'Ashy'.

I know a nickname for Serena. Considering she likes sweets, maybe Ash should call her Sweetheart;b.
And the nickname for Ash... Sorry can't think of another name besides Ashy...

In my fics I usually have Serena call him "Ashy", but I lack a name for Serena that Ash calls her by.

If i'm calling by jap. names... both Sato-chan or the most generic Satoshi-kun are the most powerful candidates. By US names, Ashy would be the only one logical option.

For Satoshi having a name for Serena... maybe Serena-oujosan (regarding her dream to become Kalos Queen) or Sere-chan.

--VIRGO--

I don't know about "Ashy" I still remember Gary calling him Ashy-boy. As for Serena I'd like him to call her "sweetie". I don't know about japanese. Maybe Satoshi-kun or Sato-kun and Serena-chan or Sere-chan.

Btw. Did you see the scene then Bonnie proposed to Clemont's Sensei and he dragged her away. I wouldn't call it a hint but that moment had my attention. In the first scene Serena looked like she is holding Ash's arm. I know she is not but still they are really close to each other. And on the second moment she look very nice too watching from behind of his shoulder. What do you think about those moments?

MrPeterson

Playing since '04
Hello, everyone!

I'm not totally sure of your intro rules on this thread, but I'm new here, sorta. I've been viewing this thread since about March/April (not a stalker, lol), but I finally decided to join Serebii. I love AmourShipping I missed most of BW, and this ship is really what got me back. I like reading your opinions, everyone, and you all seem to be a class act, so I thought "why not?" I hope you'll have me!

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Hello, everyone!

I'm not totally sure of your intro rules on this thread, but I'm new here, sorta. I've been viewing this thread since about March/April (not a stalker, lol), but I finally decided to join Serebii. I love AmourShipping I missed most of BW, and this ship is really what got me back. I like reading your opinions, everyone, and you all seem to be a class act, so I thought "why not?" I hope you'll have me!

Welcome aboard to you and all the other new members! The S.S. Amour’s passenger list keeps growing. You can find the rules in the first page of this thread. Thanks for joining us! We're glad to have you along for the ride :D

Could it be possible, that Pokemon XY will be the last Pokemon Chapter? It would end at episode 1000, which would be a great ending.

As Ash would become the Pokemon Champion, he could finish being completely focused on Pokemon and could start focusing on real life with Serena^^

Pokeani isn't likely to end... but there are high chances to be retooled on Gen VII because certain popularity on children issues. Neverthless if that retooling implies Satoshi being written out, it's highly implied he would be written out with Serena.

However if Satoshi continues in Gen VII, there's ALSO high chances he would be written out next gen (but there the chances to be written out with one of his past female companions, not only Serena, would be high). Game Freak admitted on the last Q&A session on Twitter they want to make the next game with all regions and they are inducing the fans to send them the most interesting ideas to make that happen.

About ep. 1000... i don't want to make predictions about that.

Warning, TL;DR alert, long post ahead, Clemontic AmourShipping Overanalyser, ON!:

From reading the interview that GF had with Kotaku, I don’t think they are actively planning an all-region game. They mentioned it as an idea that is interesting to them, but it sounded like they would only do it if they could implement it in a good way. Sounds to me like an all-region game would be many years away, if ever. Plus, rumors have been out for a while that Generation VII games are already being worked on. Here’s a link to the Kotaku interview (h/t to LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin for sending me the link originally). http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/10/17/silliest-important-pokemon-questions-answered But if this does become real, LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin has suggested that that would open opportunities for Ash to compete in an all-region champions league or something of that sort, making it a perfect time for Ash to also get the girl Serena pls.

Otherwise, I agree with LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin that the anime is not likely to end. I could be wrong about this in the end, but I don't think the show's production committee would let mathematical milestones like 1,000th episode get in the way of their main aim, which is to use Ash and Pikachu to market the Pokemon games and merchandise. As long as they feel that the anime has marketing power, the show will continue (although maybe it will change form at some point, which would be nice). Plus Ash still has a long way to go to become a Pokemon master — still no league championship victory, and concept of fighting Elite Four and beyond was brought up in DP — and lots of loose ends to tie up involving other characters and their respective dreams.

That being said, I also agree that the anime should be retooled for a slightly older viewership, and this can include shipping (preferably AmourShipping, if I'm the one doing the retooling!). Fan base is getting older due to fewer young people becoming interested in Pokemon than before, so perhaps a show geared toward older viewers would attract more interest. Not to mention that Ash remaining 10 severely limits the ability of the show to actually have him make progress on his goal (does anyone honestly find the idea of a 10 yr old Pokemon master to be believable?). We'll have to see whether the show's production committee is willing to deviate from the tried-and-true formula: Ash dumps his Pokemon at Oak's lab, travels to the next region, gets his development reset a bit, makes a bunch of friends, wins eight badges and loses at the league (then rinse and repeat).

Still, there's no denying that Ash's character has changed at least a bit this generation. He's at his best as a trainer since DP after the Magikarpian disgrace that was BW. Also, instead of being mentored/advised by an older member of the group (namely Brock), Ash is the "wisest" one of the group. Sure, he is still 10 yrs old (unless otherwise said), and it shows — Ash shouting out the plane to announce his arrival in Kalos, and throwing a childish tantrum when he finds out Viola is away from her gym, whining when Korrina isn't able to take him to her gym right away, etc. — but this is the first time all the others in the group look up to him. Serena takes major inspiration from him needless to say, while Clemont joined Ash because he felt he and Bonnie could learn from Ash and stronger as a result. Last episode of BW potentially foreshadowed some character change for Ash and progress toward his dream (see this post from earlier http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ion-(SPOILER-WARNING)&p=17451126#post17451126), so perhaps Ash's seeming additional "wisdom" and strength as a trainer in XY reflect that foreshadowing. The fact that head writer and shipping guru Tomioka wrote that final BW episode makes it even more significant, as LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin noted (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ion-(SPOILER-WARNING)&p=17451384#post17451384).

And the emergence of Serena's canonical crush and her childhood past with Ash just a handful of episodes after that BW episode foreshadowed potentially major character development/progress for Ash strikes me as highly suspicious — is it really just a coincidence? And the crush is not the only thing that makes Serena unique. In fact, Serena’s treatment as a female companion is fundamentally different than all the others in many ways. Apologies for repeating what most people here already know, but: She didn’t run into Ash randomly, get herself or her bike shocked by Pikachu, or ask to join/force her way into Ash’s group like previous female companions did. Rather she stalked him sought him out, did NOT get herself or her bike shocked by Pikachu, and was asked to join the group by Ash himself (all of which are firsts for female traveling companions). Having read most of the forum's past pages, I can sense that her character and her childhood past with Ash were hyped from the very beginning; her joining Ash’s group took the longest of any female companion, making the anticipation build up; and her getting a goal was delayed (to her character’s detriment, IMHO, since it made her look like she was only there to serve as shipping bait) and then hyped up in a big way (she has a chance to redeem herself now). I haven’t seen a female character hyped this much on this show in a long time, if ever.

TL;DR: All that makes me think the writers are up to something. Exactly what, though, I don’t know. Is Serena’s canon crush a sign of the show shifting gears toward older audiences (a test run, of sorts, to see how it’d play with fans)? Possibly. A gambit to boost viewers or bring more girls to the fandom? Perhaps. A way to give Ash Ketchum a girlfriend and thus (finally) some development/maturity as a person? Maybe. It’s also still possible she’ll be cast aside to the Abandoned Female Traveling Companions Club Friend Zone Level: Ash Ketchum. But why develop her like this, hype her like this, if she’s just as easily discardable as previous female companions? It wouldn’t make much sense to me. Then again, the writers’ decisions have often defied any logic. We will see what happens. One thing working against her continuing beyond Gen VI: Her goal is Kalos-centric (Kalos Queen), so that makes me wonder what usefulness she’d have as a character outside Kalos. But the writers have dug such a huge hole with Serena’s character and her crush. I really, really hope that they get this right.

i guess most people wants this to happen (same with me),let ash win kalos league and serena as kalos queen and get married after few yrs (happy Ending) and having a 1 kid, and that kid will be the new Main Character for the Next gen, since they implement those mega evolve, i dun think next gen is gonna be normal like BW,DP,AG unless they reboot everything like nothing is happen lol

Normally the introduction of a romantic subplot might suggest the show is about to wrap up — protagonist gets the girl and accomplishes his mission, ending the show. But given that Ash has many steps to take before he does accomplish his mission, I have a hard time believing that the show is about to end (also, like I said above — because marketing). So the introduction of Serena’s crush on Ash, even though it does come right after Tomioka foreshadowed some potentially big character development for him, has curious timing. AshSerena has a very interesting idea, though.

I really wish the producers would be willing to take risks for once and look into these kinds of ideas. But Ash and his Pikachu have such big marketing power — they're basically the heart and soul of the anime. Will producers want to make that change, especially if the new protagonist is just going to do more badge-hunting and competing in leagues? I'd be open to seeing a new protagonist though, as I'm getting sick of Ash doing the same thing over and over again. He needs to grow up, win a damn league, and hit puberty for Arceus's sake.

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Not last chapter maybe but something special for Ash and Serena at episode 1000 would be nice^^

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to the thread new people! Make sure to read the forum, and specific thread, rules and then abide by them. Also, try to keep posts in this thread positive, can be pessimistic to start up ideas, and try to avoid one liners. Welcome aboard the SS Amour!

Back to what everyone is saying, it would be really interesting to see Serena react to Bonnie's bride gag for Ash. It would also be surprising and awesome to see Serena call Ash "Ashy" teasingly after he does something silly, that way she can say it without getting judged, and she can observe Ash' reaction (probably oblivious).

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…

Yeah, I'm gonna have to copy others and just toss in another vote for "Ashy". :D

Back to what everyone is saying, it would be really interesting to see Serena react to Bonnie's bride gag for Ash. It would also be surprising and awesome to see Serena call Ash "Ashy" teasingly after he does something silly, that way she can say it without getting judged, and she can observe Ash' reaction (probably oblivious).

Oh man, how I'd LOVE to see something like this, especially after Miette asked Ash (in the Japanese version anyway) whether or not he had a bride in mind yet. If Bonnie does her gag except with Ash as the target, maybe Serena pulls an expression and gasp like she did in XY021 when she initially thought Ash called Aria cute (when he really meant Aria's Fennekin was cute)? It'd be hilarious and cute.

Okay, caption me this, fellow AmourShippers:

[IMGSIZE=342]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/xy/029/524.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Serena: Wow Ash, so now that we're alone for once...
Ash: Yeah?
Serena: ...I was kind of wondering...
Ash: Oooh look, a Pidgey! *runs off after it*
Serena: Wait, ASH!
Ash: *tries to climb into pipe where the Pidgey has gone*
Serena: *yanks Ash, prevents him from entering*
Ash: Hey, what are you doing?
Serena: Oh no, you don't! You're not going anywhere! I almost lost you to Miette and this time to a friggin' Pidgey, so now I'm not letting you out of my sight EVER AGAIN. *hug, smooch*

Sheepy Lamby

Yeah, I'm gonna have to copy others and just toss in another vote for "Ashy". :D

Oh man, how I'd LOVE to see something like this, especially after Miette asked Ash (in the Japanese version anyway) whether or not he had a bride in mind yet. If Bonnie does her gag except with Ash as the target, maybe Serena pulls an expression and gasp like she did in XY021 when she initially thought Ash called Aria cute (when he really meant Aria's Fennekin was cute)? It'd be hilarious and cute.

Okay, caption me this, fellow AmourShippers:

Serena: Wow Ash, so now that we're alone for once...
Ash: Yeah?
Serena: ...I was kind of wondering...
Ash: Oooh look, a Pidgey! *runs off after it*
Serena: Wait, ASH!
Ash: *tries to climb into pipe where the Pidgey has gone*
Serena: *yanks Ash, prevents him from entering*
Ash: Hey, what are you doing?
Serena: Oh no, you don't! You're not going anywhere! I almost lost you to Miette and this time to a friggin' Pidgey, so now I'm not letting you out of my sight EVER AGAIN. *hug, smooch*

Lol! I love that picture!
Ash seems to feel sick and using that pipe to solve his problem after eating one of Serena's cookies... just kidding, sorry for the gross joke :eek:

AshSerena

Hi Let Me Join on this Caption Game! heres mine ! :D
[IMGSIZE=342]http://i.imgur.com/8bkMc3B.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Ash: Serena, can i kiss you? (blushing)
Serena: wait!, not on public ash. people r looking (Blushing)
Ash: Later Then~

Lol , or anyone have better caption than me for this picture? :p

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Picture Satoshi and Serena in a superhero universe. How good was it?

Superhero movies are the best! Umm...... Ash would be Quiksilver and Serena would be Mockingbird haha (even though there's no romance between those two characters and Quiksilver has silver hair not black).

It would still be pretty awesome though, Ash would be quick to save Serena.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Think of a movie situation involving a couple before clicking the spoiler

That will be the fate of amourshipping

The first thing I thought of was The Fault in Our Stars. And we all know that storyline isn't going to happen in Pokemon.

EDIT: Just found one of koreanmonk1984's newest Amour artworks, love it, the incorporation of Ash' face into Serena's eyes as she does her ending, brilliant idea. Link below.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/300/0/f/serena___dream_dream_by_koreanmonk1984-d84bbgq.jpg

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR

Satoshi: Wow! A Pokemon I've never seen before! *about to jump in the pipe*
Serena: Oh no you don't! *pulls Satoshi away from the pipe*. You're mine and that Pokemon's not gonna steal you away from me! Why don't you catch me instead?

Serena: Umm... Satoshi. There's something on your cheeks...
Satoshi: What is it?
Serena: Your obliviousness, and I'm gonna wipe it away with a kiss. *smooch*

The first thing that came to my mind was Divergent. Yeah, don't see that happening.

Anyway, back to captioning time!

[imgsize=300]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/202/6/1/amourshipping_by_mxgoon44-d7rotpd.jpg[/imgsize]

Credits to Mxgoon44 from deviantart

First, I'd like to greet all the new comers in this thread. I'm sorry, there's a lot of newbies so I won't be able to address you guys formally but welcome and hope you guys could stick around longer!

Oh wow, this caption game Asuna started is getting viral, lol :D

Anyway (After the pregnancy test meme)
Ash: No!! Screw this, I'm ending my life now!
Serena: No, Ash! Take responsibility of your own child and marry me!!
Ash: Nooooo!!!!

Picture Satoshi and Serena in a superhero universe. How good was it?
Lol, can't think of any super hero out there but Ash would always fit the reckless hero while Serena fits the damsel in distress kind of role.

Hi Let Me Join on this Caption Game! heres mine ! :D

Continuation from above.
Serena: Remember, Ash? We used to have a promise for each other.
Ash: We had a promise?
Serena: Yeah, that no matter what, I'll always be your girl and someday, you'll marry me!
Ash: Ohh.... Okay then, I'll marry you.

I was thinking of Gundam 00 movie, lol. So Ash and Serena will share the same fate as Setsuna and Marina. Talk about long time dedication!

Anyway, back to captioning time!

[imgsize=300]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/202/6/1/amourshipping_by_mxgoon44-d7rotpd.jpg[/imgsize]

Credits to Mxgoon44 from deviantart
Serena: You know, Ash there's something that I'd like to confess
Ash: What?
Serena: Ash, I-.....I love you!
Ash: Woah, that's really great!
Serena: Really!? Oh, I'm so happy!
Ash: Seriously, Pikachu you were great! *tickles Pikachu's chin*
Serena: You weren't listening earlier, are you?
Ash: Huh? Did you just say something, Serena?
Serena: .......

I found this one in DA and credits to digi-fan111 for this (http://digi-fan111.deviantart.com/art/Amourshipping-491021085). I haven't seen BW so I have no idea of what people said when Serena did the same thing that Ash did at the end of BW but now that I saw this, I already had a clue and this was really nice!

Anyway, instead of captioning this, quote me this!
[img139]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/300/6/0/amourshipping_by_digi_fan111-d84caal.jpg[/img139]

Here's an interesting question for you people
If Serena had a different role, (A.k.A, she never went to the summer camp, A.k.A no childhood memories, no saving and definitely no crushings involved. She's a different person) would you still ship amourshipping like you currently do? Why or why not?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm really trying to stay positive about Serena's crush on Ash, particularly believing that it's more of a lasting subplot that'll be resolved eventually rather than just a gimmick to get Serena to join Ash's group in a creative way. I'm eager for the next set of episodes to air, especially XY050 which is another Serena episode, so she may bond with Ash more there imo.

AshSerena

Here's an interesting question for you people
If Serena had a different role, (A.k.A, she never went to the summer camp, A.k.A no childhood memories, no saving and definitely no crushings involved. She's a different person) would you still ship amourshipping like you currently do? Why or why not?

i probably still ship this, when i saw the pokemon XY trailer at first time, im not really interested till i saw the serena character, i really like the style, the drawing and animation, its diff from prev girls gens i guess (for me).and after watching few episodes, i liking her personality every episode + her voice (japanese dub).i think even theres no crushings involve, no childhood memories happen and yet see ash and serena cute when they together.i still gonna ship this :D(hope you guys understand my english XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.