• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, she has a different character, as in she's not your typical "sweet and caring girl", say she's the game/manga Serena type. (But to be frank, I really like the game/manga Serena more than the girly girl Serena)

In any case, to answer my own question, No. The childhood back story and crushing are what got me into this ship (Hell, you wouldn't even see me in this thread in the first place).

Next question:
Tying this up to my earlier question, would you still be watching XY even without the "unique" amourshipping? Or was amourshipping the sole reason you were watching the show in the first place?

Amourshipping was not the sole reason I started watching XY. I would still be watching the anime even if Serena's crush on Ash was not canon and if Amourshipping wasn't actually a remote possibility. I enjoy the anime for what it is ever since I started watching in the AG saga. I did stop watching at BW, but that was because I didn't have access to watch it. When I finally had the means to watch it, I couldn't stand it. But when 6 gen was confirmed, I immediately began waiting for what I assumed would be the xy anime. Granted when I saw Serena and her canonical crush on Ash, I became even more interested, but even if that element did not exist I would still be watching it and enjoying it, because at the end of the day the best thing about Pokemon is the Pokemon and I enjoy when they focus on the Pokemon, even when it is just filler.
And I don't really care about Ash "growing up". I love his attitude when it comes to everything he does. Battling a Dewgong who is in the middle of a body of water? Cyndaquil, go dive in with it. Battling an Excadrill? Who gives a damm, Pikachu use Thunderbolt.
Though I do enjoy the possibility of romance in the Pokemon anime, though I personally don't expect it to go far, but a part of me does hope so.

Last edited:

Matthewthemeowth

Forgive me Giovanni
Where should Ash and Serena go for their hypothetical honeymoon?
Yeah interesting question, I would say Pallet Town from Kanto region. One of the reason is definitely it is Ash's hometown. But in fact, I think the major reason is that it is where Professor Oak's laboratory is located. By visiting there, Serena could probably take a chance to see Ash's all Pokemon. That might be an opportunity for Ash to talk about his history and for Serena to admire about.
Also, it is the hometown of Gary, his rival. Maybe he can boost about his romantic things/events a bit and flaunt about them (especially to a rival) :)

But anyway, it would be nice to have an episode(s) that only Ash and Serena are traveling around.

rohitx

everyone is raising question so there is a question i would like to ask
why do you think writers are always keeping serena close to ash
for eg in most of endings serena is mainly pictured near ash
can there be any reasons or its just a regular anime style
i would really want to know your guys views

Blood Red

【推しの子】
The fifth Gym will probably be around mid-2015 in my opinion if the pace keeps up; that's way too soon for romantic confessions from either Ash or Serena in my view. Ash is still oblivious about Serena's crush on him and I can't see that changing within that time frame, and Serena shouldn't randomly reveal her crush unless she feels that Ash likes her back romantically as well in my opinion.

I don't think it's a great time for confessions, either. All I'm saying is that it would be the best time for Ash to realize that he feels something special for Serena. The rest of the saga's romantic subplot could then focus on Ash's internal struggles with what he learned and acceptance by Gym 8, after which the payoff could happen after Ash wins/loses the league. Either scenario could work, with one dealing with Serena and Ash getting overexcited and revealing their feelings or Serena revealing hers while comforting Ash, after which he admits his own.

Honestly, that's probably the most realistic scenario if the writers decide to take this all the way.

jason0597

I don't think it's a great time for confessions, either. All I'm saying is that it would be the best time for Ash to realize that he feels something special for Serena. The rest of the saga's romantic subplot could then focus on Ash's internal struggles with what he learned and acceptance by Gym 8, after which the payoff could happen after Ash wins/loses the league. Either scenario could work, with one dealing with Serena and Ash getting overexcited and revealing their feelings or Serena revealing hers while comforting Ash, after which he admits his own.

This.
They could simply spend the rest half of the saga, developing Satoshi's POV of this subplot instead of Serena's. That way Satoshi could also think about it more and realize "The butterflies in his stomach". I would like to see how it would play out if indeed it did develop as theorised.

This.
They could simply spend the rest half of the saga, developing Satoshi's POV of this subplot instead of Serena's. That way Satoshi could also think about it more and realize "The butterflies in his stomach". I would like to see how it would play out if indeed it did develop as theorised.

Correction, beautifly in his stomach, lol
Anyway, I'm not really expecting Ash to go down that road (yet!) but it would really be nice if he subtly start to feel something for Serena.
As for traveling together alone, not sure but maybe when it's time for Ash to challenge Clemont, that will give time for Ash and Serena to be alone but only for a while. After all, Clemont does not need to tag along with Ash by that time since it will be a disadvantage for Ash if he knew what strategies Ash will use against him and I'm pretty sure Bonnie will stick around with his brother Lol, maybe Serena will ask Ash for a date, or at least trick him into one. :D

jason0597

Anyway, I'm not really expecting Ash to go down that road (yet!) but it would really be nice if he subtly start to feel something for Serena.
As for traveling together alone, not sure but maybe when it's time for Ash to challenge Clemont, that will give time for Ash and Serena to be alone but only for a while. After all, Clemont does not need to tag along with Ash by that time since it will be a disadvantage for Ash if he knew what strategies Ash will use against him and I'm pretty sure Bonnie will stick around with his brother Lol, maybe Serena will ask Ash for a date, or at least trick him into one. :D
I suppose that may be something to look forward to. Now I am a tad curious about what will happen in that Miare city period where Satoshi will get his 5th badge. But still, thinking about Citron (Romaji done wrong) parting with Satoshi for that period of time just to prepare when he cleary will be getting a lot more screentime in the following episodes (See XY48) and thus possible training/preparing for the battle itself seems a bit off...

Last edited:
XY50...maybe. But honestly, I think most of that time will be devoted to Serena preparing for her performance with the Nene chick. I don't know why people think there'll be hints in XY52, given that episode will be all about Ash and Sanpei training to fight that ninja CotD/Froakie development. If anything it looks like Serena (and Clemont) will be separated from the group that episode unless they are immediately rescued by Sanpei/Greninja, or the CotD and his Pokemon after falling off the bridge.

I have another theory.

And what if the Serena and Citron scene falling is in the "Named-by-the-data-broadcast Kojofu" episode? I exlain... if Kojofu appears, so Corni would appear and thus, the reckless duo (with Eureka too) would have to search them. With that, Amours and LaserBladers would be in a win win situation. Only imagine the possibilities. As an another, Shalour, Sitruuna and GeekChic would have development on their interactions too

everyone is raising question so there is a question i would like to ask
why do you think writers are always keeping serena close to ash
for eg in most of endings serena is mainly pictured near ash
can there be any reasons or its just a regular anime style
i would really want to know your guys views

My only logical question... maybe key animators and supervisor likes to draw them together cuz their color combi mesh well. Or maybe......

Correction, beautifly in his stomach, lol

Correction over correction Bibiyon in his stomach, ROTFLMFAO
Giving his density... it would be better for him to have an "tsuntsun" tsundere phase cuz of his nervousness before realizing his feelings. I say, for a dense guy, realizations like that are a big shock, and they became totally confused and emotionally unstable with the recently discovered object of his affections after that. So, it would be more natural to Satoshi to stop being a gentleman and begin to be a total jerk towards Serena because of that newfound feeling until a near-to-death or near-to-losing-her experience that makes him realize his feelings.

Graham Aker

I have another theory.

And what if the Serena and Citron scene falling is in the "Named-by-the-data-broadcast Kojofu" episode?

It's in the Sanpei episode. Before they fall you see Sanpei's leg in the shot. So it's not know whether they get rescued by anyone (probably the CoTD) or just separated from the group in that episode. Either way, the episode would seem to focus more on Ash and Sanpei battling.

So, it would be more natural to Satoshi to stop being a gentleman and begin to be a total jerk towards Serena because of that newfound feeling until a near-to-death or near-to-losing-her experience that makes him realize his feelings.

I just can't see an episode where Ash realizes feelings for Serena. It would seem so OoC for him. Perhaps it's because his character has been immune to romance for so long.

Last edited:
It's in the Sanpei episode. Before they fall you see Sanpei's leg in the shot. So it's not know whether they get rescued by anyone (probably the CoTD) or just separated from the group in that episode. Either way, the episode would seem to focus more on Ash and Sanpei battling.

I just can't see an episode where Ash realizes feelings for Serena. It would seem so OoC for him. Perhaps it's because his character has been immune to romance for so long.

Mmmm... you have a point. If Satoshi get's lucky to have a permanent female companion (A.K.A. Waifu) maybe it would be after a time skip with zero foreshadowing (Let's hope Serena be the lucky one). But writers are sort of fearful to changes and cuz of that they stick to the marketing formula, so that would be near to impossibru.

But what if XY052 is more benefical for Sitruuna and GeekChic in the friendship side and at the same time it has an amour moment? I think THAT chapter, aside from the important Keromatsu evolving thing (and maybe some Satoshi and Sampei pride clashing and almost fistfighting, more or less like Akira/AJ and Satoshi in OS before the training), would be benefical for Satoshi and Eureka's interactions. In that maybe the little Limone girl would spill the beans and flatly question to him if he had at least thought about to "keepu" a girl?

Graham Aker

In that maybe the little Limone girl would spill the beans and flatly question to him if he had at least thought about to "keepu" a girl?

I personally don't see why they would waste time doing that in a Froakie focused episode on training. We even see Clemont pull out a new invention that has cardboard versions of the group (Ash, Sanpei, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie) seemingly used for training. Not really the right time, you might want to save that for an episodes that revolves around the group being separated and trying to find each other, not one that deals with Ash battling a mysterious ninja and his Barbaracle.

Last edited:
But what if XY052 is more benefical for Sitruuna and GeekChic in the friendship side and at the same time it has an amour moment? I think THAT chapter, aside from the important Keromatsu evolving thing (and maybe some Satoshi and Sampei pride clashing and almost fistfighting, more or less like Akira/AJ and Satoshi in OS before the training), would be benefical for Satoshi and Eureka's interactions. In that maybe the little Limone girl would spill the beans and flatly question to him if he had at least thought about to "keepu" a girl?
You know crossing out all your point isn't helping out to cover it......... In any case, I'd say XY050 is the best bet for any hints but still looked 50-50 on my side, especially now that it focuses more on Serena's goal. If that episode does not contain anything at all then hope for a miracle to happen. The rest of the upcoming episodes has less chance but you never know. Not sure about XY052, the episode will eat a lot of screen time with Keromatsu evolving, Satoshi and Sanpei.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
XY50 might have a hint since Serena will probably burst into tears after losing her first Tripokalon and Ash will probably comfort her, leading her to blush.

I expect a similar moment as to when May lost her first Contest, or Dawn in her losing streak. Except since Serena has a crush she might see Ash's comfort of her as more than the other girls.

Your best bet is to hope Serena breaks down in tears and cries in a corner.

Yeah, crush her heart, make her burst into tears, ruin her first attempt and make her suffer. Why? For the glory of amourshipping of course! :p

Anyway, here's a pretty daring question so carefully choose how to answer and as much as possible avoid bringing up other ships
If amour had a potential rival in the future, will that make the ship stronger? Or will that be the start of the fall for this ship? Why?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If amour had a potential rival in the future, will that make the ship stronger? Or will that be the start of the fall for this ship? Why?

It would probably be the fall of the ship. I notice a lot of people are worried about a "Drew 2.0" showing up. A pretty boy rival who would take Serena's focus away from Ash would pretty much be the final nail in the coffin.

With XY having so many similarities to AG in terms of group dynamics and structure, its a good thing Serena's goal is a "girls only" event to prevent such a thing. May's focused shifted to Drew (and later Harley) over Ash in early AG, so the same might happen for Serena. For you guys I would hope that's not the case.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yeah, crush her heart, make her burst into tears, ruin her first attempt and make her suffer. Why? For the glory of amourshipping of course! :p

Anyway, here's a pretty daring question so carefully choose how to answer and as much as possible avoid bringing up other ships

I think it could be either.

On one hand, a rival ship could potentially reinforce the Amourshipping if the other ship gets sunk. However, if it was semi-canon like Amourshipping on either Serena or Ash's side, It could potentially be the writer's way to subtly kill off the subplot or have Serena 'transfer' her crush to someone else. If there's a rival shipping, Ash and Serena shouldn't have any hints from their end, otherwise I could see people quit.

Myheadisonfire1092

I really can't remember you just kidding, welcome back anyway.
Nothing really special in these couples of weeks or episodes, but here is a list of some events:
-> Some shots changed in the opening theme (mostly about Serena's dream)
-> New ending theme (Serena-based theme)
-> XY040 (Day Three Blockbusters!) better check this out if you haven't.

And here are captions for the last 6 episodes:
XY041 Xerneas appeared before Ash's group and Shauna's group Filler episode
XY042 Team battle between Ash's group and Shauna's group. Ash won. Serena seemed a bit troubled after Fokko fainted but Ash cheered her up.
XY043 Few information on mega evolve's history. Also Ash practised some dancing moves with Serena for a whole day. Some may include Serena laughing at Ash's poor dancing as a hint.
XY044 Gym match: Ash against Korrina. Ash won. The great thing is that when Ash's dancing failed, he recalled Serena's word in the dancing training, which inspired Ash to battle on his own rhythm.
XY045 Citron and Eureka's sibling bond strengthened. Filler episode
XY046 Joy's Wigglytuff (with Ash's help) stopped the rampaging Salamence. Filler episode

Really nothing special these weeks. *frown*

Oh well :b but thanks for that summary ^-^

And what asuna07neros said:
Does anyone think miette will return and threaten Serena again? I think a rival like that would really progress the ship.

I think it could be either.

On one hand, a rival ship could potentially reinforce the Amourshipping if the other ship gets sunk. However, if it was semi-canon like Amourshipping on either Serena or Ash's side, It could potentially be the writer's way to subtly kill off the subplot or have Serena 'transfer' her crush to someone else. If there's a rival shipping, Ash and Serena shouldn't have any hints from their end, otherwise I could see people quit.

Well, there had already been one-sided semi canon shippings on Satoshi's side so I don't think having another one would post a threat (If anything, it will make the ship stronger unless Serena starts to stop caring at all). On the other hand, if the same case occurs to Serena, then I'd say abandon ship already unless the writers make a teasing out of Satoshi (e.g. him randomly popping out while in the middle of Serena and [insert name here]'s conversation) The show is just THAT predictible....

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Given Serena's goal is girl's only, I really doubt there'll bea Drew 2.0 this saga. Serena's only other option is Clemont, and while they probably still have the weakest dynamic so far...he can be seen as a "threat". Other than that, Ash completely friendzoning her, unitentionally, honestly could have a high probability of happening.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Does anyone think miette will return and threaten Serena again? I think a rival like that would really progress the ship.

Her Japanese VA quit and retired. In Japan they usually don't use characters when their VA quits besides rare exceptions. I don't think she will return even though she was good for the ship

Status
Not open for further replies.