• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Okay, I'm drowning in all the hype right now! First, I earn my first Reddit Gold. Then, I get my last Midterm paper and I apparently aced it. Now, we get Ash meeting up with Serena's mom, the very thing we were discussing a few pages ago, and she's friendly with Ash?! And if that wasn't enough, Ash's first goddamn Pseudo gets confirmed and after nearly two decades, Amourshipping is ready to go where no ship has ever gone before!!! :D :D :D

Seriously, I don't care what anyone says! I'm getting on the Hype Train and nobody can stop me! No matter how pessimistic everyone is, you have to remember that the writers are on probation. If the writers are hyping this up, then the payoff is bound to be major! Hell, this could be the episode where Ash finally forgoes hints and gives us some irrefutable evidence, something that's never happened before!

...ahem, sorry for that. Anyway, Mission 1000 doesn't look all that difficult now :p

@CMDShift4, I can definitely understand what you're saying. Real life can really cut into your tome. Well, I hope that you visit more often.

One last thing: With all the Amourshipping hints coming up and Grace being so friendly with Ash, do you think the continuity error thing could be the missing pieces of the Summer Camp flashback? After all, we know that Serena saw him at least once from an angle that didn't appear in the flashback, so maybe we'll finally get the entire story.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to hear Laverre City's theme, regardless if we get big hints or not, IMO, hearing that theme would give more amourshippy feel just like back in Episode 7. :D

Last edited:

CMDShift4

Anonymous
Seriously, I don't care what anyone says! I'm getting on the Hype Train and nobody can stop me! No matter how pessimistic everyone is, you have to remember that the writers are on probation. If the writers are hyping this up, then the payoff is bound to be major! Hell, this could be the episode where Ash finally forgoes hints and gives us some irrefutable evidence, something that's never happened before!

...ahem, sorry for that. Anyway, Mission 1000 doesn't look all that difficult now :p

@CMDShift4, I can definitely understand what you're saying. Real life can really cut into your tome. Well, I hope that you visit more often.

One last thing: With all the Amourshipping hints coming up and Grace being so friendly with Ash, do you think the continuity error thing could be the missing pieces of the Summer Camp flashback? After all, we know that Serena saw him at least once from an angle that didn't appear in the flashback, so maybe we'll finally get the entire story.

I'm riding that train and so as most of the people around this thread lately. A train ride can be fun right?! LoZ Spirit Tracks proved that to me. I'm not sure about hints but seeing that the anime goes subtle at this kind of thing, why not? If there appear to be no hints, I'd understand but I'll be sure to enjoy it. Like I said on my previous post, I wouldn't ever expect him to be lovey dovey into this sort of stuff but knowing him, I really want him to be really nice and do something really nice on the female companion who appreciate him the best. This "date" is really something else especially the slice of life moments that XY has been showing wonders on this kodomo anime.

I'm hoping to hear Laverre City's theme, regardless if we get big hints or not, IMO, hearing that theme would give more amourshippy feel just like back in Episode 7. :D

I have a feeling they would. It's a waste for the anime staff to not use that especially if there's this "tree" that the title of that said episode mentioned.

Hope I showed you guys that I don't over exaggerate my expectations but there's no wrong being happy because I am. :)

Blood Red

【推しの子】

Yeah, it would be a shame if they didn't use the semi-official theme of the ship for what is possibly the 'shippiest' episode of the Ash Saga yet :p

View attachment 13791

Seeing this actually being true makes me excited, the potential of Amourshipping is building up rapidly inside of me ������

I agree. The fact that this is creating even more ripples than Gekogahshier getting confirmed, a new Malamar episode and a f***ing Numelgon of all things just shows how popular Amourshipping is :D

I'm riding that train and so as most of the people around this thread lately. A train ride can be fun right?! LoZ Spirit Tracks proved that to me. I'm not sure about hints but seeing that the anime goes subtle at this kind of thing, why not? If there appear to be no hints, I'd understand but I'll be sure to enjoy it. Like I said on my previous post, I wouldn't ever expect him to be lovey dovey into this sort of stuff but knowing him, I really want him to be really nice and do something really nice on the female companion who appreciate him the best. This "date" is really something else especially the slice of life moments that XY has been showing wonders on this kodomo anime.

I think this will be the episode with the biggest hints. No matter what others may say, the writers are past the days when they could do baseless hyping. Now, they have to follow through with this :p

Last edited:

Brandon00151

you mean Courmarine City? Since thats the city they will be in and the music sorta does sound kinda like an old romantic ballad from the 80's.

you mean Courmarine City? Since thats the city they will be in and the music sorta does sound kinda like an old romantic ballad from the 80's.

Nah, I really meant Laverre's theme and even if the town has its own theme, they can still use Laverre's in some few scenes during Ash and Serena's date.

ashsfuture

For the word date to be used in an episode title for pokemon that is shocking! and over the years we've heard the word date be said among certain characters on the show itself, but usually it was said as a tease. All in All this is just too much to handle, I mean yes this is one of the biggest surprises that the writer's have put on the entire pokemon series-XY and this goes back to when XY episode 2 and 7 came out. Still we don't much information on the episode just yet so anything is possible

Maybe: Serena asks Ash out on a date(not likely though)

Another thing that really has me at a lost for words is the fact that this episode airs right after the gym battle between Ash and Ramos(the grass type gym leader) So does Serena once again have some sort of impact on Ash during the battle?

Plus Serena enters her first pokemon performance right after the date episode, so Serena has a lot going for her, major character development for herself and her bond with Ash, and development for her dream.

So much development for Serena and Ash!

I'm really looking forward to episode XY 53 for these reasons

.more information about Serena's past into ryhorn racing
.the scan that shows grace holding Ash and Serena in her arms
.Serena standing up to her mother-to fight for her dream

All I can say is the hype is reaching a boiling point!

Last edited:

CMDShift4

Anonymous
Maybe: Serena asks Ash out on a date(not likely though)

It is possible. Serena ask him to go shopping since they need to get a "present" for that certain pokemon. She refers that it would be their date while Satoshi just accepts. I see no reason for Satoshi to decline her request just because he heard Serena told him that the two of them would go out for shopping would be a "date".

Another thing that really has me at a lost for words is the fact that this episode airs right after the gym battle between Ash and Ramos(the grass type gym leader) So does Serena once again have some sort of impact on Ash during the battle? Plus Serena enters her first pokemon performance right after the date episode, so Serena has a lot going for her, major character development for herself and her bond with Ash, and development for her dream. So much development for Serena and Ash!

You provided a good assumption and my answer to that is YES. If Serena would provide a good impact or influence on Satoshi's battle, then two episodes later Satoshi would give her appreciation for her support and inspiring her to be good at Pokemon Performance, then why not?

Just wow, I had to give it to you. I could've give you a good rep with a good comment but rep system doesn't work here anymore. I guess e-cookies would do.

Last edited:

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
So episode 59 is going to be "their first date"!
From what you guys are saying, Ash and Serena are going shopping?! Maybe to get clothes for her upcoming debut in Pokemon Perfroming
And XY 53...
Omg, I'm dead :'D

Pokévision

Braixenation

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
So episode 59 is going to be "their first date"!
From what you guys are saying, Ash and Serena are going shopping?! Maybe to get clothes for her upcoming debut in Pokemon Perfroming
And XY 53...
Omg, I'm dead :'D

It's to get presents for the Pokemon, for whatever reason. I don't think they actually set up a date, they just happen to go shopping alone and one of two things happens: Their being alone makes their interactions cute, shippy and date-like (mainly from Serena's side of course), AND/OR it's a misunderstanding where Serena thinks it's a date but Ash is basically clueless. Just my thoughts :p

By the way, keep your eyes on the YouTube channel of the illustrious KGPrestige, who as I understand it will have a video going up to discuss the upcoming episodes and new titles. He tweeted earlier today:

@KG_Prestige: Also the discussion will be up a little later today. Gotta handle something first. : P
@KG_Prestige: Amourshipping fans, prepare the fort. I smell a war approaching us soon. And it won't look pretty.

I have to agree with him. If writers don't approach this with care and shippers start taking things out of proportion, things could get nasty in the fandom. On this forum, let's strive to keep this thread a civil place to talk about AmourShipping. I've already heard reports of AmourShippers harassing other Ash shippers, and vice versa. Let's rise above the fray and show that we're better than that. :)

Last edited:

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Ah, of course. KGPrestige :D Can't wait for his discussion about the upcoming episodes.
And regarding PokeVisions question:
I think the gym battle will be the start of the build-up for the date because Serena has helped Ash in all of his gym battles and hopefully Ash will notice this pattern (Or typical Ash would be like "whuut!?" XD)

Pokévision

Braixenation
Ah, of course. KGPrestige :D Can't wait for his discussion about the upcoming episodes.
And regarding PokeVisions question:
I think the gym battle will be the start of the build-up for the date because Serena has helped Ash in all of his gym battles and hopefully Ash will notice this pattern (Or typical Ash would be like "whuut!?" XD)

Ash would definitely notice Serena's help in his gym battles: after all he did recognize the support he got from Serena in his first battle when he nervously asked Serena to travel with the group. :3

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Can't wait for XY059!!! Plus XY053 and XY060 look enticing. And.... looks like Ash will catch Goomy.
A "first" date, although maybe Serena exaggerating, also could point to there being more, with a second, third and so on. Could be overthinking this though, this is probably just Serena thinking Ash is asking her on a date when he really wants someone to find presents with him xD At least we'll get some alone time for them, and hopefully there's no TR. Although with "Tree of Promises" it seems as though they might come in :/
It's also noteworthy that the episode is directly after Ash' Gym Battle with Ramos, so it might actually be a real date if Ash has noticed it's Serena that motivates and encourages him to win his battles.

All we can do is wait...

Pokévision

Braixenation
I wish Team Rocket would butt out more grrrrr. I don't mind them during some filler episodes like the impersonation episode - which was nice because they did something new for a change and not the same old formula that was getting really stale. I was rather annoyed that Serena's performance in XY050 was interrupted by TR creeping with binoculars :( Their scene should have been during the other girl's performance xD

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I think it's fair to say TR has run it's course, and I agree, taking screen time away from Serena was pretty betraying. BTW, was anyone else surprised by how Serena's performance was flawless? Normally with the PokeGirl's first attempt at their goal, even if it's practice, they make a mistake or something. Shows how unique Serena is :3

Pokévision

Braixenation
Indeed I was surprised given it was the first time her performing was shown on screen. If I remember correctly she did practice off screen in the episode focusing on Bonnie and the Lapras squad. Speaking of episode 50, I'm curious what the CotD (at least I'm assuming she was a CotD) said to the gang that caused everyone but Serena to have a sweat drop on their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.