• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The writers seems to be getting the "Kishimoto syndrome"

I went to DA earlier and wow, it hasn't even aired yet and everyone is losing their minds, amourshippers or not. I'm not sure if I should feel happy or sad about this but right now, I'm just sitting here laughing it off.

People shouldn't be so worked up about this.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
I this episode was suppose to air during Christmas Day, I'd say that tree could be mistletoe (not a tree actually but whatever).

I personally think the setting of XY059 might be during Christmas time (or based on that holiday). But of course I could be wrong - I'll sit tight and wait for more details (in 2.5 months from now ;_; )

BTW: Did someone noticed, that XY059 is scheduled to FEB 5th. If I were them, I would air it a week later closer to Valentines Day. Maybe this is irrelevant or XY060 is gonna be also shippy. Did somebody consider that?

Someone brought that detail up earlier. It would definitely be nice if it was aired the following week. But heck, I'll take what's given - it's being aired in February, and I think that's a really nice symbolic treat for all of us. :D

Also, I'm happy to be here - we're civil to each other no matter what ship we support. It's horrible to see other people on other sites bash each other about the ships they believe. That's just awful, both sides end up with an awful tastes in their mouth, and no one wins in the end.

On another topic, just to get the ball rolling, this is what I predict in terms of hints in upcoming episodes:

XY024 (aka the episode being retroactively aired tomorrow) - possible minor hints at most. Not expecting much, though.
XY053 - minor hints (with some possibly coming from Serena's mom, Grace. That'd be nice)
XY059 - Well, what can I say - this will likely have a plethora of major and minor hints all around, possibly the most since the airing of XY007 from a year ago (if writers are being generous).
XY060 - possible minor hints (from Ash)

What are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

I went to DA earlier and wow, it hasn't even aired yet and everyone is losing their minds, amourshippers or not. I'm not sure if I should feel happy or sad about this but right now, I'm just sitting here laughing it off.

Tumblr is freaking out too. I go to sleep, and wake up only to find that we amde an even worse name for ourselves than we already have.

First, a bunch of anons start going to other shipping blogs that aren't amourshipping and give them "the reason you suck" speech, the usual all caps ramble, and other colorful forms of bragging. One can only imagine what will happen if we get a synopsis. *shudders*

I think I better stay off DA for now, as much as I want to go on there. I'm embarrassed to call myself an Amourshipper due to these people overreacting over a TITLE WITHOUT a synopsis. DA would only make it worse right now.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

Huh, what syndrome are you talking about?

C'mon, let them celebrate. Most of us have been suffering through this long drought. Hell, I almost thought they were going to drop Amourshipping itself!

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Well they definitely won't make Amour canon right away. I mean come on, they didn't even show us the development of Ash's crush. This, in all likelihood is the push we all discussed several pages ago. The push that actually makes Ash begin to think of being with Serena. Now assuming that this is that push, it will be the development of his crush after that for the next 60 episodes or so; let's say. More cute interactions between the two and stuff. If anything, Amour will be made canon after the Kalos League; or just before it.

They have drawn out Serena's feelings for Ash. Making it canon now would be stupid. They need to draw out Ash's feelings as well; show the development of it. Otherwise what sort of romance is that?

I know, that's more or less what I was thinking.

Ash hasn't shown a lot of development about his feelings, just, what, 3 times? (XY007 inviting, XY021 ambiguous stare, XY040 nose rub, general attitude and stare) and some fans wouldn't even count those as hints. Since that is only what we've seen, I really don't think that those feelings (for someone like ASH) could develop in a short amount of time (from XY051, coming up next, to XY059), it wouldn't make sense, and it would feel rushed, considering how dense is our Ash. That's why I made that prediction.
If it (obviously) doesn't become canon by that episode, judging from the little screen from the scan, maybe Serena will step up and say something like that, this time ACTUALLY starting Ash's love-mind-gears running. At last. "What? What is this feeling inside me? Why do I feel like this?" kind of cliché scenarios lol but pretty interesting to see from Ash. And not only for Amourshippers, but for all the Pokémon fans, okay screw that, for every person in the world that has seen Pokémon and/or known Ash Ketchum in his life, and knows how he is.

Man, if the writers decide to go that way, it will be BIG.
(This reminds me of my second post here lol, "Amourshipping is BIG. In every sense of the word.")

Pokévision

Braixenation
Someone brought that detail up earlier. It would definitely be nice if it was aired the following week. But heck, I'll take what's given - it's being aired in February, and I think that's a really nice symbolic treat for all of us. :D

Also, I'm happy to be here - we're civil to each other no matter what ship we support. It's horrible to see other people on other sites bash each other about the ships they believe. That's just awful, both sides end up with an awful tastes in their mouth, and no one wins in the end.

On another topic, just to get the ball rolling, this is what I predict in terms of hints in upcoming episodes:

XY024 (aka the episode being retroactively aired tomorrow) - possible minor hints at most. Not expecting much, though.
XY053 - minor hints (with some possibly coming from Serena's mom, Grace. That'd be nice)
XY059 - Well, what can I say - this will likely have a plethora of major and minor hints all around, possibly the most since the airing of XY007 from a year ago (if writers are being generous).

Noooooo I couldn't even wait that extra week for the episode to be closer to Valentine's Day. I'll take any seven day advance for that episode :3
I think the possibility of hints from Ash in XY060 depends on how the date episode goes.

I personally think the setting of XY059 might be during Christmas time (or based on that holiday). But of course I could be wrong - I'll sit tight and wait for more details (in 2.5 months from now ;_;)

I doubt it was intended for Christmas. It was definitely intended for February.

I don't understand why everyone's getting so worked up in other forums tbh. I mean, its fine to get excited. But why go and bash someone else? We should stick to our own forums. Why unnecessarily go to..let's say a PearlShipping forum; see the bashing there, get your knickers in a twist, shoot off your mouth, start an argument and end up causing a war? Fine they don't support Amour. Its up to them right? I doubt you'll go to Saudi and start loudly preaching Christianity there (no offence intended to anyone). So why go to another forum which is against your belief and start a war? Of course if you are so civil that you can put your points across without any sour feelings; or mature enough to accept the current trends and you'd want to flow with it despite it being your second choice, then fine (as we see quite a few people here that way). But if you're not. Stay away! This applies to all shippers, including us.

Back to topic, I'm not going to speculate anymore about XY024. It will release today, we'll discuss it when we watch it. XY053, yeah. Some hints. XY059. Well if we expected no hints there, then we wouldn't add some 9 pages to this forum in a day; and the episode would be called Ash and Serena Shopping!? I think its the next big thing after XY007.

XY060 will have some hints from Ash's side; considering its an episode that shows Serena's first Tripokalon.

Ash hasn't shown a lot of development about his feelings, just, what, 3 times? (XY007 inviting, XY021 ambiguous stare, XY040 nose rub, general attitude and stare) and some fans wouldn't even count those as hints. Since that is only what we've seen, I really don't think that those feelings (for someone like ASH) could develop in a short amount of time (from XY051, coming up next, to XY059), it wouldn't make sense, and it would feel rushed, considering how dense is our Ash. That's why I made that prediction.
If it (obviously) doesn't become canon by that episode, judging from the little screen from the scan, maybe Serena will step up and say something like that, this time ACTUALLY starting Ash's love-mind-gears running. At last. "What? What is this feeling inside me? Why do I feel like this?" kind of cliché scenarios lol but pretty interesting to see from Ash. And not only for Amourshippers, but for all the Pokémon fans, okay screw that, for every person in the world that has seen Pokémon and/or known Ash Ketchum in his life, and knows how he is.

(This reminds me of my second post here lol, "Amourshipping is BIG. In every sense of the word.")

Don't forget a hint in XY044 too. Or perhaps you don't look at it as one; which is fine. They are definitely going to have a nice talk while watching the sunset; and we'll probably see Ash's POV showing that he starts to see Serena as beautiful. So that's a good start; with a chance for elaboration in XY060 and beyond. I think that is the intention of the writers as such. So its gonna be fun!

BTW, am I the only one here who's equally excited to watch XY051 and XY052; plus all the other episodes leading up to XY059? :p Come on guys. Froakie evolving; Hawlucha cool battle; Ash capturing a Goomy (okay that may not be too great). But still :D

Last edited:
Huh, what syndrome are you talking about?

C'mon, let them celebrate. Most of us have been suffering through this long drought. Hell, I almost thought they were going to drop Amourshipping itself!

Remember how Kishimoto made NaruHina canon and how everyone lost their minds (NaruHina fans or not)? Yeah, that kind of thing. Pokewriters seems to be getting the same effect. Jeez, it's not like amour has been made canon. Well that would be nice but no, people shouldn't over hype, all because of a date episode. We don't even know the whole details at the moment.

My views on the episodes: XY024: I don't know. I never saw a synopsis. I'll watch it tomorrow after school. XY053: I expect some hints. I mean GRACE is with them... XY059: 9 pages in a day, Tumblr and Deviant Art are going nuts due to this ep. Obviously all of us think there will be hints. It will probably be the new XY007 aspokesrini said. XY060: Probably, considering my POV to Ash's reaction to Serena when she does stuff like this. (Ahem, XY021)

Remember how Kishimoto made NaruHina canon and how everyone lost their minds (NaruHina fans or not)? Yeah, that kind of thing. Pokewriters seems to be getting the same effect. Jeez, it's not like amour has been made canon. Well that would be nice but no, people shouldn't over hype, all because of a date episode. We don't even know the whole details at the moment.

Oh, boy... if we reacted to the same degree as NaruHina shippers when their shipping became canon, then if Amourshipping DID become canon (big if), I could only imagine the reaction.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?

Don't forget XY044 (the Shalour Gym battle) - there was nice, minor hints in that episode.

If the writers decide to weaken Ash's signature ability - Obliviousness - in order for him to open up a bit to anything romance-related, that might be the second best thing to happen besides Ash and Serena going on a date. Him being dense has been a long running joke within the fandom forever, and this would be a huge change in his character.

-----------

On another note, has anyone seen this fanfic? Someone created this AshxSerena fanfiction 8 years before this ship came into existence, and the storyline is eerily similar to an early XY episode we were hyping on all over the place a year ago o_O. Definitely one of the creepiest strangest things I've encountered within this fandom thus far. This is why we can't give time machines to people y'know?

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
This episode has the potential to easily backfire as well. Ash and Serena go shopping, Serena tries to get Ash to notice notice her, Ash obliviously dismisses each advance, and when the shopping's done, Ash, in his own way, makes the promise at this promise tree that he'll always be there for Serena as a friend, which she then accepts. The fact XY60 immediately jumps to Serena's competition could indicate that she's now focusing full time on it.

Is that likely to happen? Not really. But this episode has so many different ways it could go, from confirming it, to leaving it ambiguous, to preserving status quo. Next 78 days are going to be tumultuous either way. :p

Remember how Kishimoto made NaruHina canon and how everyone lost their minds (NaruHina fans or not)? Yeah, that kind of thing. Pokewrtiers seems to be getting the same effect. Jeez, it's not like amour has been made canon. Well that would be nice but no, people shouldn't over hype, all because of a date episode. We don't even know the whole details at the moment.

Its understandable too. Shipper or not, it is a huge deal in Pokemon that an episode has the word "date" in it. And Serena's crush has been no secret either. So those two facts compounded is generating shockwaves in the PokeCommunity in general. I am a victim of the hype train too. But honestly I can't see the episode disappointing us (too much). It may not be as big as some suggest, but its definitely something. The choice of words for the title says enough

On another note, has anyone seen this fanfic? Someone created this 8 years before this ship came into existence, and the storyline is eerily similar to an early XY episode we were hyping on all over the place o_O. this is why we can't give time machines to people y'know?

HOW ON EARTH did he do that? Unless it is possible to edit it. Because it is just so impossible that he got the name, the approximate storyline and the cookies thing right.

This episode has the potential to easily backfire as well. Ash and Serena go shopping, Serena tries to get Ash to notice notice her, Ash obliviously dismisses each advance, and when the shopping's done, Ash, in his own way, makes the promise at this promise tree that he'll always be there for Serena as a friend, which she then accepts. The fact XY60 immediately jumps to Serena's competition could indicate that she's now focusing full time on it.

Is that likely to happen? Not really. But this episode has so many different ways it could go, from confirming it, to leaving it ambiguous, to preserving status quo. Next 78 days are going to be tumultuous either way. :p

Ah..I was wondering how we got no pessimists :p I doubt it would happen. Again, because of the choice of words by the writers. They wouldn't write "date" only to disappoint us that way.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Looking at the single image we have of the episode, it appears to be a sunset...which could mean it likely takes place at the end of the episode. Serena looks pretty happy in it, while Ash looks bemused. What do you guys think the context is?

Pokévision

Braixenation
Not to be overly optimistic, but if there is a push for Amourshipping in the episodes leading up to the date episode then maybe it will be more significant and provide stronger hints than XY007. I'm shooting in the dark here but maybe the episode with Grace will give Amour a push. Of course, I'm not saying that Amour will be canonized so early on in the series given that Ash's hints have been scarce thus far :p
Looking at the single image we have of the episode, it appears to be a sunset...which could mean it likely takes place at the end of the episode. Serena looks pretty happy in it, while Ash looks bemused. What do you guys think the context is?
Serena looks like she's teasing Ash or something. Or maybe she's expressing gratitude for the great day they just had. In any case her expression is so cute :D :D

EDIT: Or maybe something like this:
Serena "Thanks for the date!"
Ash "What's a date?"
Ok, on second thought, probably not xD

Last edited:

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
pokesrini said:
Don't forget a hint in XY044 too. Or perhaps you don't look at it as one; which is fine.
WillDaSnail said:
Don't forget XY044 (the Shalour Gym battle) - there was nice, minor hints in that episode.

Oh, wait, no, ppftt... lol I can't believe I forgot it. I also see it as a hint, just that I didn't remember it as of now. Plus, the other ones I mentioned were more visually obvious, while this one was more auditive (?) (I also saw the shine in his eyes when he realized/remembered that, but oh well)

Last edited:
I just hope all these hyping and some negative feedbacks in some other sites, does not affect the writers/directors to make future possible hints. Like what Asuna have said, this is starting to cause the Kishi effect and amour hasn't even made canon yet. All these may affect the writer's/director's decision of whatever they have installed for Ash and Serena's relationship.

I just hope all these hyping and some negative feedbacks in some other sites, does not affect the writers/directors to make future possible hints. Like what Asuna have said, this is starting to cause the Kishi effect and amour hasn't even made canon yet. All these may affect the writer's/director's decision of whatever they have installed for Ash and Serena's relationship.

Nah. Remember while there are trolls, there are also supporters. So I doubt writers usually bother too much. They have already tested the waters of shipping wars in XY007; and apparently what they saw wasn't enough to stop them. In fact, it seems to have encouraged them to make an episode like XY059.

Animefan145

I'm only a minor shipper, and I have interest in a few ships, but just peeking in this thread after the news. I would hope for Ash and Serena to get close, but I won't expect much. Even if Ash just ends up oblivious protagonist, and the status quo stays mostly the same (as it usually does), I wouldn't be surprised. I'm too cynical to expect that much out of a title like that, if I were being really cynical I would say the title were there just to incite the shippers. Mostly I'll just say I'm happy to hear about an episode with lots of Ash and Serena screen time. She's been out of focus for a while, such as how it took a long while for her to catch a second Pokemon and choose a goal, but I'll just be happy with more interaction between the two. Some Christmas background would be nice but the anime usually doesn't bother with that many holidays either.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

The word 'date' in Pokémon it's enough to drive me insane, and I like to think I'm a very cool headed guy. Let's see how everything develops, but you have to admit that the hype is too real to ignore.

I just realized something. Since the date will be after Ash's gym battle against Ramos (I automatically assumed that he won), I think Ash will try to get presents for their Pokemon to show appreciation to their hard work and ask Serena to go together because maybe, he does not know what to get and he needs Serena's help but Serena interpret it as a "Date". Or another thing is that, it was Serena who suggested it. Originally, she wants to get presents to show appreciation and she then asked Ash to go get them together. Lol, it's like she tricked him into a date. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.