• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, why are we ONLy focusing on the date episode right now? We still have plenty of episodes before hand that could have hints. yes, it is a big surprise last night, I could barely contain myslef, but the mroe we speculate, the more disappointed we will be if the episode doesn't go as we hope.

Besides, if we focus on the next episode, then then we will perceive EP059 to come all that moee quicker.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hey guys, why are we ONLy focusing on the date episode right now? We still have plenty of episodes before hand that could have hints. yes, it is a big surprise last night, I could barely contain myslef, but the mroe we speculate, the more disappointed we will be if the episode doesn't go as we hope.

Besides, if we focus on the next episode, then then we will perceive EP059 to come all that moee quicker.

I think all the speculation will leave us overjoyed if nothing else, since we're being incredibly pessimistic here and will probably go into the episode not exposing any hints at all! Seriously, the lengths we all go to for curbing our excitement :p

But yeah, let's give XY053 some love! What do you think about Ash's role in the race? Is it just his enthusiasm they pushes him to race, or is it something else entirely?

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
It's ok to speculate on stuff, but not get so obsessed to the point you go crazy. Many of us, including myself, tend to be pretty neutral and not just blindly obsess about every episode, which applies to any ship in general.

I admit this stuff in these previews already can make for some fanart and fanfiction ideas for other people to explore alternate variations from the anime. So even if there is only some minor stuff that actually happens in these episodes, would be interesting how the writers seem to keep shipping on the radar, as this could have been dropped at any point earlier in the series.

If they ever start having Ash start showing signs of being attracted to Serena, that's when the kiddy gloves will come off...

I think all the speculation will leave us overjoyed if nothing else, since we're being incredibly pessimistic here and will probably go into the episode not exposing any hints at all! Seriously, the lengths we all go to for curbing our excitement :p

But yeah, let's give XY053 some love! What do you think about Ash's role in the race? Is it just his enthusiasm they pushes him to race, or is it something else entirely?

LOL I second you on this one. We are actually being quite pessimistic for something so big happening in Pokemon.

XY053? Come on man..its XY024 that's airing today :p And then its XY051, and then XY052 in December! Show them some love too

Yeah. It's still a bit pointless if there are no hints from Ash, but the moment we get to that first hint...well, goodbye sanity :p

The first MAJOR hint :p Which I feel will be in XY059/XY060. Most probably XY059. As to the person who suggested that idea of Ash buying presents because his Pokemon won the gym battle, it could be. I don't see why else would they want to buy gifts for their Pokemon. I mean I torture my Pokemon in X. I battle the Elite Four, grind them, EV train them; but I never even feed them PokePuffs (save for my Sylveon because I needed those two hearts in PokemonAmie; and Delphox, because i love it). :p

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
LOL I second you on this one. We are actually being quite pessimistic for something so big happening in Pokemon.

XY053? Come on man..its XY024 that's airing today :p And then its XY051, and then XY052 in December! Show them some love too

I guess it's just too hard to believe that it's finally happening! :D

Okay, sure :p

So, were apparently going to get something that's going to be important later on. Could this be something possibly related to the upcoming 'shippy' Express? If so, how?

WillDaSnail

Soon™?

Ash - being the person who likes to do anything Pokemon-related - will likely have his enthusiasm get the best of him and he'll sign up to race. However, I will not be surprised if he piggybacks off of reacts to Serena announcing her decision to partake in a Skiddo race and surprise everyone by saying he'll participate as well.

Oh and don't forget the retroactive airing of XY024 today (which will be airing in about 4 hours from now)!

If they ever start having Ash start showing signs of being attracted to Serena, that's when the kiddy gloves will come off...

If that ever happens...RIP Ash's denseness. That'll be a major game changer to his character. :D

Graham Aker

Serena looks like she's teasing Ash or something. Or maybe she's expressing gratitude for the great day they just had. In any case her expression is so cute :D :D

EDIT: Or maybe something like this:
Serena "Thanks for the date!"
Ash "What's a date?"
Ok, on second thought, probably not xD

Whatever the case, she looks happy...while Ash looks a little lost. It's probably expected, but I can't tell if they're sitting down together or standing somewhere.

I guess it's just too hard to believe that it's finally happening! :D

Okay, sure :p

So, were apparently going to get something that's going to be important later on. Could this be something possibly related to the upcoming 'shippy' Express? If so, how?

LOL I agree. I am just about coming to terms with the fact that XY059 actually has the words "Ash and Serena first Date" in it.

We'll know in a few hours :p Its hard to know what is so important that they had to air a cancelled episode. From what I can see, it seems like a filler episode and nothing else.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Ash - being the person who likes to do anything Pokemon-related - will likely have his enthusiasm get the best of him and he'll sign up to race. However, I will not be surprised if he piggybacks off of reacts to Serena announcing her decision to partake in a Skiddo race and surprise everyone by saying he'll participate as well.

Oh and don't forget the retroactive airing of XY024 today (which will be airing in about 4 hours from now)!

That's what I expect, but it could be something big. Maybe Grace issued some sort of challenge to him as well, or maybe Ash participates I the race to show her how good Serena was as a teacher.

And yeah, I haven't forgotten yet :p

LOL I agree. I am just about coming to terms with the fact that XY059 actually has the words "Ash and Serena first Date" in it.

We'll know in a few hours :p Its hard to know what is so important that they had to air a cancelled episode. From what I can see, it seems like a filler episode and nothing else.

Seriously, I swear my brain shut down for a few seconds there. Ash... Serena...First date....heh, I still can't believe it :p

Yeah, I guess so. As for the episode looking like filler, remember that some of the previous episodes have basically given us more than meets the eye.

Last edited:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?

Same here! I clearly remember just 24 hours ago when I saw this pop up on the Anime Spoilers forum. I couldn't believe what I was seeing - that's even after doing a triple take, my jaw slowly dropping down in surprise, me slumping my head on my desk out of disbelief, me thinking to myself "Is this real life? It's actually happening?! In Pokemon?!".....it was definitely a shocker to me, lol.

Now I'm coming to terms that it's happening, and it's going to be a glorious ride on the hype train leading up to this episode's debut :D

Yeah, I guess so. As for the episode looking like filler, remember that some of the previous episodes have basically given us more than meets the eye.

I know..but it makes it really hard to predict what's so important in it. The only thing important may be something to do with Amour which; for the sake of pessimism, I can't put across :p Well I guess we just have to wait and watch. Imagine how much of a troll it would be if there's nothing in it, and we all watched a filler so eagerly for it. LOL

And as to the XY053 speculation, it is possible that Grace challenges him too; because he jumps in to defend Serena or something. Or maybe he just mentions that she's a really good teacher; and so he wants to show Grace how really good Serena is. But I doubt that he just joins in for the heck of it. I mean, its something between Serena and her mom. Why should he butt in? To defeat Team Rocket? I doubt it. Because it would take too long to suit up and all; and he obviously wouldn't want to waste time on those things. The last possibility is that he doesn't even participate; he just joins in with Serena for her practise session

Same here! I clearly remember just 24 hours ago when I saw this pop up on the Anime Spoilers forum. I couldn't believe what I was seeing - that's even after doing a triple take, my jaw slowly dropping down in surprise, me slumping my head on my desk out of disbelief, me thinking to myself "Is this real life? It's actually happening?! In Pokemon?!".....it was definitely a shocker to me, lol.

Now I'm coming to terms that it's happening, and it's going to be a glorious ride on the hype train leading up to this episode's debut :D

Hahah it is really hard to believe. I mean us amourshippers wanted it to happen. But we didn't expect it would happen in XY059! (if it was to happen at all)

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I know..but it makes it really hard to predict what's so important in it. The only thing important may be something to do with Amour which; for the sake of pessimism, I can't put across :p Well I guess we just have to wait and watch. Imagine how much of a troll it would be if there's nothing in it, and we all watched a filler so eagerly for it. LOL

And as to the XY053 speculation, it is possible that Grace challenges him too; because he jumps in to defend Serena or something. Or maybe he just mentions that she's a really good teacher; and so he wants to show Grace how really good Serena is. But I doubt that he just joins in for the heck of it. I mean, its something between Serena and her mom. Why should he butt in? To defeat Team Rocket? I doubt it. Because it would take too long to suit up and all; and he obviously wouldn't want to waste time on those things. The last possibility is that he doesn't even participate; he just joins in with Serena for her practise session.

That would be very cruel of them, but hilarious :p

Yeah, it's definitely something to look out for. I think it would be great if Ash helped defend Serena. Who knows, this episode could be the one to plant the seeds of romance in Ash's mind :D

I've seen a lot of fanfiction stories where Ash is always asked by a girl on a date and he's oblivious about it or Ash is the one to ask, obliviously that is. But for this to happen still gives me the chill. I still can't believe that we're getting a "Date" tease from the writers. Though I won't expect that it will have the same ending like those in fanfictions, lol.:D :D :D :D

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I've seen a lot of fanfiction stories where Ash is always asked by a girl on a date and he's oblivious about it or Ash is the one to ask. But for this to happen still gives me the chill. I still can't believe that we're getting a "Date" tease from the writers. :D :D :D :D

I doubt anyone can. This is completely unprecedented in the anime, so I'll not be surprised if the pessimism starts to get unrealistic :p

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I doubt anyone can. This is completely unprecedented in the anime, so I'll not be surprised if the pessimism starts to get unrealistic :p

You just said my favourite word: unprecedented. You win..... ABSOLutely nothing!

Anyway, like a lot of you have probably said, it's pretty amazing that this is actually happening. Sure, it might just be a marketing ploy and Serena just thinks Ash is asking her out when he really just wants her to help pick presents, but its still great to see the writers strongly acknowledging Amour.

And that's the main point of it: in which previous series would you have expected them to put the word 'date' in a title regarding Ash? Sure, no one expected it this series either, but if you were made to pick a series where it's possible, XY would be top.

taeuknam

That would be very cruel of them, but hilarious :p

Yeah, it's definitely something to look out for. I think it would be great if Ash helped defend Serena. Who knows, this episode could be the one to plant the seeds of romance in Ash's mind :D

Extremely Troll Scenario: They are talking about this date: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_palm

Seriously though, I think the writers intentionally gave us a dry (well, dry for amourshipping) first year, giving us mostly fillers to build a bit of a standard for ship chemistry. I think it's going to go uphill from here! Both in terms of her crush and her goal! Our suffering is finally over, and I have a good feeling about this!

Here's a question, guys:
Do you think that they will tone down the "Date" episode in NA? Do you think that English dub will make it more shippy? Why or why not?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
You just said my favourite word: unprecedented. You win..... ABSOLutely nothing!

And that's the main point of it: in which previous series would you have expected them to put the word 'date' in a title regarding Ash? Sure, no one expected it this series either, but if you were made to pick a series where it's possible, XY would be top.

Aww, even an e-cookie would've been nice...

Heh, anyway...what you said it's true. Even though this was onix-pected (sorry) even in XY, this would be the only series to expect a date in.

Extremely Troll Scenario: They are talking about this date: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_palm

Seriously though, I think the writers intentionally gave us a dry (well, dry for amourshipping) first year, giving us mostly fillers to build a bit of a standard for ship chemistry. I think it's going to go uphill from here! Both in terms of her crush and her goal! Our suffering is finally over, and I have a good feeling about this!

Ha, the title's translation I'm kanji is that of a romantic date, so no :p

But yeah, I agree. If they manage to pull this off, things will go uphill from here :D

Here's a question, guys:
Do you think that they will tone down the "Date" episode in NA? Do you think that English dub will make it more shippy? Why or why not?

I think they'll keep it the same. The 'date' aspect is hardly up for debate, and thence they've not really highlighted the romance in the dub.

LOL I used to think a date was that when I was a kid. So the first time someone asked me, "Hey..did you and that girl just have a date?", I was like "What the heck are you saying man? Its not the season to get dates" It was then that I realized that a date also meant a romantic meeting. LOL.

And its true. I think it will go uphill from there on. The level of incline is what is yet to be known :D

Status
Not open for further replies.