• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hahah I agree man. There cannot be worse quality than that. You would think that those guys there would have some Lumia 1020s or Xperia Z3s, with all the cash that they are rolling in. Seems like they use iPhones or Galaxies :p it does. It has a lot of potential to push this ship like mad. In fact, this will be the biggest writers' hint that we can ever get. Perhaps this is also one way of ensuring that Serena stays in the show beyond Kalos? Anyway..the key discussion here is how many people agree with us; and what they think the implications are.

I think anyone who agrees with it owes her an apology. However, it did seem like an outrageous idea. Heck, it still does! You know how reluctant I was to accept it. But I simply can't get myself to refute this. You just can't unsee it. And that's probably why they covered Serena in that cake picture as well. And they took quite some pains to cover her. I can see why. This is a huge thing!

Huh? Dude, if this were taken with an iPhone the picture would be crystal clear, since very few phones do the great job that iPhones do in low light situations. Agreed on all three counts, though I think this goes beyond a simple 'Writers' Hint'.

Yeah, I know. There's still this niggling part inside of me that refuses to believe it...but it's right there! I looked at it from every angle, but it's really hard to refute this with the same effortlessness as before.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Hahah I agree man. There cannot be worse quality than that. You would think that those guys there would have some Lumia 1020s or Xperia Z3s, with all the cash that they are rolling in. Seems like they use iPhones or Galaxies :p it does. It has a lot of potential to push this ship like mad. In fact, this will be the biggest writers' hint that we can ever get. Perhaps this is also one way of ensuring that Serena stays in the show beyond Kalos? Anyway..the key discussion here is how many people agree with us; and what they think the implications are.

I think anyone who agrees with it owes her an apology. However, it did seem like an outrageous idea. Heck, it still does! You know how reluctant I was to accept it. But I simply can't get myself to refute this. You just can't unsee it. And that's probably why they covered Serena in that cake picture as well. And they took quite some pains to cover her. I can see why. This is a huge thing!

Guys, guys, let's not discuss which phones tak the best photos. Let's talk about the reason why we're here, to talk about the possiblevery real relationship between Ash and Serena...
Besides, it's clearly the Androids that come out on top...

Huh? Dude, if this were taken with an iPhone the picture would be crystal clear, since very few phones do the great job that iPhones do in low light situations. Agreed on all three counts, though I think this goes beyond a simple 'Writers' Hint'.

Yeah, I know. There's still this niggling part inside of me that refuses to believe it...but it's right there! I looked at it from every angle, but it's really hard to refute this with the same effortlessness as before.

So, Blood Red, with all those facts that you posted, I'm thinking it's safe to assume that you presume Serena's getting a Kingdra... :D It's an interesting theory, indeed...

I don't want to be the nay-sayer, that's your job, Blood Red, but there's every possibility that you're seeing a Pikachu's tail because you want to see a Pikachu's tail. Scotoma. Do me one favor, with that image, zoom in on where you think the tail is, and point an arrow at it.

Also, while having lunch today, I was overcome with the spirit of the Oracle of Delphox (I was gonna say Nostradamus, but didn't want to), and this came to my head:

Before the boy from the first and the girl of the sixth join, the man from Greeks' eleventh shall reveal his most-known secret.

Who am I to discuss a prophecy I like?

Last edited:

I know exactly where to prod people :p And I see I haven't lost that talent. LOL. Well, it is still a writers' hint in all fairness- because the two Pikachus alone wouldn't affect Amour in any way. but it is quite an implication. But yeah. We are used to calling the really small hints as writers' hints. This isn't small by any stretch of imagination.

The one angle is more than enough. It is very clearly in the shape of the tail. You just need to look at it a little closely. In fact, it is better to see without zooming, then with and then go back to the big picture. I really can't get myself to say it is downright impossible for Serena to get a Pikachu now.

Guys, guys, let's not discuss which phones tak the best photos. Let's talk about the reason why we're here, to talk about the possiblevery real relationship between Ash and Serena...

So, Blood Red, with all those facts that you posted, I'm thinking it's safe to assume that you presume Serena's getting a Kingdra... :D It's an interesting theory, indeed...

I don't want to be the nay-sayer, that's your job, Blood Red, but there's every possibility that you're seeing a Pikachu's tail because you want to see a Pikachu's tail. Scotoma.

Heh. Androids coming on top? In which world man? I don't own an iPhone, nor do I ever plan to hold one. But Androids bloat like mad. Six months or less is all it takes for a Galaxy flagship to start lagging like its a 10 year old phone. Of course, Galaxies aren't exactly the best. The real Androids are either Nexus or Xperia. All the same, I'm for Nokia. I love my Lumia. No lag, perfect phone, and Cortana. Anyway.

I think we have a new contender for the Dense Guy of the Millennium award.

I'm sorry..but I must disagree with you there. I don't think anyone was looking for a Pikachu's tail. Just take a look at the picture man. What is the other explanation for it? It is a very odd stripe to have on a skirt. I'm sure you'll agree with me there. Serena's costume hasn't changed. Then what is it? It isn't some artifact of poor printing or whatever. Again, I'm not completely sure that is a Pikachu's tail. But the resemblance is way too striking.

Anyway, guess I'm going to sleep through the rest of it. Goodnight guys!

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Okay...on the request of the two (technically one) users who asked for it, here it is:

Disclaimer: This is a fan theory. I make no claims of this being 100% true, or even 51% true. These are just a few observations I made and I'd appreciate it if I wasn't brutally eviscerated if it turned out to be false.

Remember the old script leak we got, the one that leaked Numelgon? Well, I was messing around with it because of the entire mess with her redesign and what not...and I just found out that it's not a new skirt with a white streak at all! Hell, when you zoom in, the white streak turns into:

[img139]http://imgur.com/Be37q4l.png[/img139]

If that isn't clear enough, here's a slightly blown up image:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/K4tl3Cj.png[/img139]

Despite the pixellated quality, I think it's rather obvious that it's no stripe. However, what's with the shape? Isn't a zigzag a rather...specific shape? Also, what's with the weird darkening at the base? Well, let's take a look at one of the earlier fan theories: It's a tail. A zigzag, to be precise. Now, how many Pokémon do you know with an oddly-shaped zigzag, one that resembles a lightning bolt for a tail? As impossible as it sounds...

[img139]http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.11403546.1430/flat,800x800,070,f.jpg[/img139]

So...thoughts?

Honestly, I still can't see anything. And I'm not sure what exactly you've zoomed in on here. Can you draw a box on the original image so we have a sense of what we are looking at in the zoomed in part?

Frankly, even if that is something with a jagged shaped line thing, I still have doubts that it's going to be a Pikachu for her. There could be any number of things or objects that could produce a blurry line that looks on the surface like a zig zag in a photograph. And suppose it is a Pikachu; where on the image is Ash's? Maybe that is Ash's Pikachu and its tail just happens to overlap with Serena's dress in that image? And suppose it is a Pikachu for Serena; I could definitely see how that could help Amour, but even that is far from a guarantee. A female Pikachu could also be meant simply to promote OR/AS.

I'm not saying that Blood Red's theory is wrong. I applaud his effort here to dissect this photo. I'm just saying I'm still very skeptical about all this. :p

Blood Red

【推しの子】

I don't want to be the nay-sayer, that's your job, Blood Red, but there's every possibility that you're seeing a Pikachu's tail because you want to see a Pikachu's tail. Scotoma. Do me one favor, with that image, zoom in on where you think the tail is, and point an arrow at it.

Also, while having lunch today, I was overcome with the spirit of the Oracle of Delphox (I was gonna say Nostradamus, but didn't want to), and this came to my head:

Before the boy from the first and the girl of the sixth join, the man from Greeks' eleventh shall reveal his most-known secret.

Who am I to discuss a prophecy I like?

Yeah, let's not discuss the merits of different brands. After all, it's clearly obvious that iOS is unbeatable, which makes it a futile argument.

Bro, you don't know how many angles I've observed that image from and how many times I've tried to somehow disprove it. Just look at Serena's skirt, the zigzag is right there, the spacing of the different spaces and lines on the jagged edges all fit. Seriously, that's the reason why I gave it to pokesrini for a second look. And I've already zoomed in; It's the mysterious jagged stripe in front of Serena's skirt. As for me wanting to see a Pikachu's tail, I was told that it's the gap between Serena's legs. The waist length was all off, so I tried considering something else...and this is what my analysis revealed.

I got almost all of it, but what's 'the Greeks' eleventh'? Let me pass this through my Clemontic Cryptic Poem Overanalyzer...

Honestly, I still can't see anything. And I'm not sure what exactly you've zoomed in on here. Can you draw a box on the original image so we have a sense of what we are looking at in the zoomed in part?

Frankly, even if that is something with a jagged shaped line thing, I still have doubts that it's going to be a Pikachu for her. There could be any number of things or objects that could produce a blurry line that looks on the surface like a zig zag in a photograph. And suppose it is a Pikachu; where on the image is Ash's? Maybe that is Ash's Pikachu and its tail just happens to overlap with Serena's dress in that image? And suppose it is a Pikachu for Serena; I could definitely see how that could help Amour, but even that is far from a guarantee. A female Pikachu could also be meant simply to promote OR/AS.

I'm not saying that Blood Red's theory is wrong. I applaud his effort here to dissect this photo. I'm just saying I'm still very skeptical about all this. :p

It's the part right between Serena's skirt. As for it being Ash's Pikachu, it's on the guy's shoulder, as confirmed by the cake.

I understand what you're trying to say. Believe me, I didn't believe it myself. However, just compare the zigzag on Serena's skirt with the image of Pikachu's tail.

Last edited:

I have answers to that. The last part of the zig-zag is sharper, and the tip of it is wider than the beginning of it. Ash's Pikachu, as usual, is on his shoulder, almost on his head. And the zig-zag line is on Serena's skirt. Pikachu's tail isn't long enough to go all the way down to that. Besides, Pikachu's tail ends almost on the same line with Ash's anyway. Can someone post that whited out image of that cake?

As to the promotion of ORAS, they could have very well used a Treecko. Why Pikachu? Remember that the sole recurring user of a Pikachu is Ash. Any other characters who had Pikachu were always non-recurring. This was the reason why we refuted the theory in the first place. Because it seemed near impossible that the writers would give the brand ambassador to someone other than Ash; and that too a character who will keep appearing alongside him for a minimum of two years from now.

Yeah, let's not discuss the merits of different brands. After all, it's clearly obvious that iOS is unbeatable, which makes it a futile argument.

Bro, you don't know how many angles I've observed that image from and how many times I've tried to somehow disprove it. Just look at Serena's skirt, the zigzag is right there, the spacing of the different spaces and lines on the jagged edges all fit. Seriously, that's the reason why I gave it to pokesrini for a second look. And I've already zoomed in; It's the mysterious jagged stripe in front of Serena's skirt. As for me wanting to see a Pikachu's tail, I was told that it's the gap between Serena's legs. The waist length was all off, so I tried considering something else...and this is what my analysis revealed.

I got almost all of it, but what's 'the Greeks' eleventh'? Let me pass this through my Clemontic Cryptic Poem Overanalyzer...

VERY poor choice of words there my friend (the bolded part). Very poor choice :p

And yeah. I looked at the picture for a good five minutes, zoomed in a lot, and everything. I even left the picture for half an hour and had a look at it again. I just couldn't get myself to outright disprove it. And believe me, my motive was to disprove it all through that.

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

It's the part right between Serena's skirt. As for it being Ash's Pikachu, it's on the guy's shoulder, as confirmed by the cake.

I understand what you're trying to say. Believe me, I didn't believe it myself. However, just compare the zigzag on Serena's skirt with the image of Pikachu's tail.

OH!! NOW I see it! And it's covered by another Pokémon... I had to go back and see the big picture...

And about the prophecy... A prophet is merely a messenger, he's not supposed to understand the message... But I do! I can't tell you. And in this case, Greek's eleventh has nothing to do with Kalos. Well, it kinda does, in a very specific way that I didn't consider...

--VIRGO--

Could you guys give me clues, where to find an original image of this. I have to see it of myself. Maybe then I will be able to tell, what is on that picture. I've seen that before, but somehow I can't remember where.

About Serena's Pikachu. I expect from writers anything right now. Even another Pikachu in the main cast.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I know exactly where to prod people :p And I see I haven't lost that talent. LOL. Well, it is still a writers' hint in all fairness- because the two Pikachus alone wouldn't affect Amour in any way. but it is quite an implication. But yeah. We are used to calling the really small hints as writers' hints. This isn't small by any stretch of imagination.

The one angle is more than enough. It is very clearly in the shape of the tail. You just need to look at it a little closely. In fact, it is better to see without zooming, then with and then go back to the big picture. I really can't get myself to say it is downright impossible for Serena to get a Pikachu now.

Hey, that was uncalled for! And yeah, I guess that's true.

I know, but I had to give you guys a zoomed image for it to be obvious. I guess I'll post an image with that part circled later...

VERY poor choice of words there my friend (the bolded part). Very poor choice :p

And yeah. I looked at the picture for a good five minutes, zoomed in a lot, and everything. I even left the picture for half an hour and had a look at it again. I just couldn't get myself to outright disprove it. And believe me, my motive was to disprove it all through that.

Or maybe my choice of words was just fine, but you happen to have your mind in the gutter...

LOL that's almost as fanatic as my own research! I remember thinking 'no way, no way, NO WAY!' the entire time.

OH!! NOW I see it! And it's covered by another Pokémon... I had to go back and see the big picture...

And about the prophecy... A prophet is merely a messenger, he's not supposed to understand the message... But I do! I can't tell you. And in this case, Greek's eleventh has nothing to do with Kalos. Well, it kinda does, in a very specific way that I didn't consider...

That, or it's in a costume. Remember, it's probably Cosplay Pikachu, and its costume would be dark enough to become near-invisible.

...just save us the suspense and tell us already :p

Could you guys give me clues, where to find an original image of this. I have to see it of myself. Maybe then I will be able to tell, what is on that picture. I've seen that before, but somehow I can't remember where.

About Serena's Pikachu. I expect from writers anything right now. Even another Pikachu in the main cast.

Here's the original image:

[img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13778&d=1416258425[/img139]

Agreed. The writers have pretty much pulled all the stops at this point.

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Hey, that was uncalled for! And yeah, I guess that's true.

I know, but I had to give you guys a zoomed image for it to be obvious. I guess I'll post an image with that part circled later...

Or maybe my choice of words was just fine, but you happen to have your mind in the gutter...

LOL that's almost as fanatic as my own research! I remember thinking 'no way, no way, NO WAY!' the entire time.

That, or it's in a costume. Remember, it's probably Cosplay Pikachu, and its costume would be dark enough to become near-invisible.

...just save us the suspense and tell us already :p

Why would I? The fun's in the hunt, not the catch... :D

Okay, 1 more clue, somewhat related: dark Portuguese dining table. But make sure you speak the language. And it's not time for dinner yet :D

I just gave it up. I can't say anything else...

Last edited:

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
I have answers to that. The last part of the zig-zag is sharper, and the tip of it is wider than the beginning of it. Ash's Pikachu, as usual, is on his shoulder, almost on his head. And the zig-zag line is on Serena's skirt. Pikachu's tail isn't long enough to go all the way down to that. Besides, Pikachu's tail ends almost on the same line with Ash's anyway. Can someone post that whited out image of that cake?

As to the promotion of ORAS, they could have very well used a Treecko. Why Pikachu? Remember that the sole recurring user of a Pikachu is Ash. Any other characters who had Pikachu were always non-recurring. This was the reason why we refuted the theory in the first place. Because it seemed near impossible that the writers would give the brand ambassador to someone other than Ash; and that too a character who will keep appearing alongside him for a minimum of two years from now.

I don't see where Ash is. Could someone point out to me where he is, and on which shoulder his Pikachu is on?

Now that I look more closely, I se what looks like a pale-colored face and pointy ears to the bottom-left of Serena's head. But I could be imagining things.

Still, I'm just urging us to be careful. When images are compressed into JPEGs, all sorts of weird artifacts (distorted shapes/lines) can result.

Also, I couldn't help but facepalm in reaction to that "between her legs" phrasing... :D

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Why would I? The fun's in the hunt, not the catch... :D

Okay, 1 more clue, somewhat related: dark Portuguese table. But make sure you speak the language. :D

I just gave it up. I can't say anything else...

Hey, I don't even speak Portuguese! Man, that's so mean...I know you're probably enjoying my mental anguish :/

Gave what up? The prophecy or the potentially massive nuclear-grade blast the writers seem to have prepared for us?

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Hey, I don't even speak Portuguese! Man, that's so mean...I know you're probably enjoying my mental anguish :/

Gave what up? The prophecy or the potentially massive nuclear-grade blast the writers seem to have prepared for us?

Google, man, Google!

Greek's eleventh refers to the eleventh letter in the Greek alphabet, which happens to be Lambda.
The man from Lambda refers to Gabe Newell, who I'm sure you know of.
His most known secret... Really, do I really need to explain?

The dark table, was a bad translation thing. I wanted it to go to "mesa negra", which I hoped you'd interpret as Black Mesa.

Maybe my phrasing isn't the best, I'll admit to that, but I enjoy making stuff like this.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I don't see where Ash is. Could someone point out to me where he is, and on which shoulder his Pikachu is on?

Now that I look more closely, I se what looks like a pale-colored face and pointy ears to the bottom-left of Serena's head. But I could be imagining things.

Still, I'm just urging us to be careful. When images are compressed into JPEGs, all sorts of weird artifacts (distorted shapes/lines) can result.

Also, I couldn't help but facepalm in reaction to that "between her legs" phrasing... :D

[img139]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1etzhhi0AsQ/0.jpg[/img139]

That image of Ash and Pikachu is from the front page of the script. See how Pikachu is cheerfully derping around on Ash's head.

Yeah, I know we need to be careful. It's just that it's a particularly...specific shape and I just cannot unseen it.

...am I the only one who isn't four years old around here? :p

Google, man, Google!

Greek's eleventh refers to the eleventh letter in the Greek alphabet, which happens to be Lambda.
The man from Lambda refers to Gabe Newell, who I'm sure you know of.
His most known secret... Really, do I really need to explain?

The dark table, was a bad translation thing. I wanted it to go to "mesa negra", which I hoped you'd interpret as Black Mesa.

Maybe my phrasing isn't the best, I'll admit to that, but I enjoy making stuff like this.

...I'mma take a crowbar to that guy and...persuade him to reveal what he plans to do with HL3 :p

Also, that was pretty incredible. Hats off to you for creating one of the best prophecies of all time even though it may result in a man getting brutally maimed

Last edited:

--VIRGO--

Well. Clemont is on the left of the picture. You can clearly recognize Luxio, Bunnelby and Chespin. Ash seems to be in the middle. I can clearly recognize Frogadier. On the right of him it has to be Serena. I recognize her skirt. Before her I recognize Pancham. And I see a Fletchinder above Serena's head. And this thing before her, which she seems holding in arm resembles Pikachu's tail. There's nothing like that zigzag anymore. However I can't recognize Ash's Pikachu anywhere. So that might be his. For some reason Serena might hold it.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Well. Clemont is on the left of the picture. You can clearly recognize Luxio, Bunnelby and Chespin. Ash seems to be in the middle. I can clearly recognize Frogadier. On the right of him it has to be Serena. I recognize her skirt. Before her I recognize Pancham. And I see a Fletchinder above Serena's head. And this thing before her, which she seems holding in arm resembles Pikachu's tail. There's nothing like that zigzag anymore. However I can't recognize Ash's Pikachu anywhere. So that might be his. For some reason Serena might hold it.

Look above you, I have a picture that's incredibly relevant to the current discussion in many ways :p

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
[img139]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1etzhhi0AsQ/0.jpg[/img139]

That image of Ash and Pikachu is from the front page of the script. See how Pikachu is cheerfully derping around on Ash's head.

Yeah, I know we need to be careful. It's just that it's a particularly...specific shape and I just cannot unseen it.

...am I the only one who isn't four years old around here? :p

...I'mma take a crowbar to that guy and...persuade him to reveal what he plans to do with HL3 :p

Also, that was pretty incredible. Hats off to you for creating one of the best prophecies of all time even though it may result in a man getting brutally maimed

But I don't see Pikachu derping around on Ash's head in the script image. Everything above what I think is Ash's head is dark. I can only see one Pikachu-like thing in the image, and it appears to be between Ash and Serena. Even if that thing is a Pikachu, I can only assume that it is Ash's Pikachu, until someone shows me where a second Pikachu is here.

I'm a kid at heart, Blood Red. At least part of me needs to stay young while the rest of me ages :D

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Even if it is Ash's Pikachu, why on Xen (heh) would the writers/basically anime staff create something for internal use only, like the cake pictured above, and have the series mascot not be with the series protagonist? If that Pikachu is Ash's, why is Serena holding it? Are Ash's shoulders too tired after 17 years?

If this were the real world, I bet he would be. However, Pikachu is on Ash's head, which means that the Pikachu on the script isn't Ash's at all.

But I don't see Pikachu derping around on Ash's head in the script image. Everything above what I think is Ash's head is dark. I can only see one Pikachu-like thing in the image, and it appears to be between Ash and Serena. Even if that thing is a Pikachu, I can only assume that it is Ash's Pikachu, until someone shows me where a second Pikachu is here.

I'm a kid at heart, Blood Red. At least part of me needs to stay young while the rest of me ages :D

The image on the cake, bro! The Ash on the cake is from the script. The fact that Pikachu is on his head is plenty proof that the Pikachu with Serena isn't his.

LOL I agree, but you could at least try to be 10 like me hey, that rhymed! XD

Last edited:

--VIRGO--

Look above you, I have a picture that's incredibly relevant to the current discussion in many ways :p

I posted before I saw that picture. However I still don't exclude the possibility of Serena or May getting a Pikachu. I know it's unbelievable, but I don't think there's something not possible in this show anymore. Well at least it was fun with that.

I don't know if Serena's potential Pikachu might carry some hints. Somehow I'm not sure. But I expect Hoenn arc. and Amour arc. which might be even one arc.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I posted before I saw that picture. However I still don't exclude the possibility of Serena or May getting a Pikachu. I know it's unbelievable, but I don't think there's something not possible in this show anymore. Well at least it was fun with that.

I don't know if Serena's potential Pikachu might carry some hints. Somehow I'm not sure. But I expect Hoenn arc. and Amour arc. which might be even an one arc.

If there's a Cosplay Pikachu, it's be Serena's. After all, the writers need something to beat Lagmorphshipping (PkachuxBuneary), one of the biggest Pearl hints.

I doubt there'll be a Hoenn arc. Analysis of this and the upcoming Short Movie poster puts the events of the script before June.

Status
Not open for further replies.