• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
If they are childhood friends, wouldn't that make Serena from the Kanto region? But that wouldn't make sense since she is a beginner in the Kalos region...

Well, that doesn't mean she moved there. In the games (when they're released), the protagonist has just moved to Kalos. Just like how the protagonist did in RSE. They can be childhood friends and still have Serana starting in Kalos.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well what if she moved there before she got the chance to start her journey, she was say 8 years old and her family decided to move to the Kalos region, that is a possibility, sure it means that it changes some of the story to the series but it would definitely refreshen it. also if that is the case that Ash and Serena are childhood friends, then that would make for some interesting dynamics between them, their interactions will also be different as well, but we will still have to wait for October 17 to see what the new series has in store for us.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Well, that doesn't mean she moved there. In the games (when they're released), the protagonist has just moved to Kalos. Just like how the protagonist did in RSE. They can be childhood friends and still have Serana starting in Kalos.

That makes sense ^^

Honestly, I am hoping that they really are childhood friends. Not only because it would make their interaction more interesting, but it would also change it up a bit from the previous female companions who joined Ash. Plus it would be great to hear stories about young Ash :p

Moonlight Starlight

Will the the one that I wrote on top what I mention before was that Ash and Gary's childhood female friend was Leaf.They both are from the same region and hometown also.And how both Leaf and Serena are similar to each other.

Liltwick

>Morning Sun

Yeah, that's definitely going to be cute if that's the case. Maybe Serena would be more playful with Ash, but not in a taunting manner like some of the other main girls...Overall I feel like Serena will be a refreshing change, and a really good match for Ash. Maybe a shy, sweet girl who only opens up to her friends? That would be a good change up for Ash considering how fiery most of the other main girls have been.

>Moonlight

Well, is there any proof Leaf is their childhood friend? She's a character from the games, and iirc has never been in the anime. There is a difference from your headcanon and canon.

BlueDragonfangirl

I love the idea of them being childhood friends, lets hope that's what they mean :)

Your right, in the poster it really does look like she's blushing, good signs already. Man, the waits killing me, bet they are waiting to reveal her cuz of a new goal or some thing.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hmm... I may join, I'll see how it goes! I did want to wait awhile until I actually get to see Serena or at least with Ash in someway but I really want to talk/speculate too, so... I can't really help but get excited! Dx

I wonder if Serena is Ash's new traveling companion or new main rival? So far, it looks like he may met her from somewhere so... I don't know lol.

Moonlight Starlight

Hmm... I may join, I'll see how it goes! I did want to wait awhile until I actually get to see Serena or at least with Ash in someway but I really want to talk/speculate too, so... I can't really help but get excited! Dx

I wonder if Serena is Ash's new traveling companion or new main rival? So far, it looks like he may met her from somewhere so... I don't know lol.

I say the picture that I see Ash and Serena is true and the other two the boy with the blonde hair with glasses and the little girl that be his younger sister are the chossen ones traveling with Ash.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
People are shipping this already? Anime fans... oh well, can I join? Usually in every new generation of the Pokemon anime, I end up shipping Ash with the new female protagonist. So, I'm liking this. Plus Serena looks adorable x3

I wonder how their interactions will play out when the show airs. Also, just to comment on this, if Clemont and Bonnie are gonna be the other traveling companions, I kinda like the idea of a bunch of young kids traveling around, without a older-brother like figure, such as Brock or Cilan. It just seems interesting. Oh my gosh, then who's gonna cook for them? I want to say Bonnie but that'll sound weird. xP

To answer how Ash and Serena would meet, there was that speculation the Ash knew her before, but since X and Y are adding new modes of transportation I was think something along the lines of Pikachu burning the bike. He could burn her roller skates... or even her Gogoat!

BlueDragonfangirl

Of course you can join, more fans twice the fun :)

If Bonnie and her brother are younger than Ash and Serena, they'd be like a mom and dad taking care of there kids HA.
Pearlshing has been my favorite Ash pairing forever, this very well could top that now. Just by having images of them next to each other they look so cute together, never felt that about that with any of the BW pairings to be honest, so YAY!

As for what there interactions will be like, if she does end up having a crush on him like the poster could be showing us than that could be fun cuz she looks like the girly type :)

You know what's funny? People besides us on here are already shipping this, I've already seen videos and fan art of the together on google. I'm going to try and make a banner for them, wish me luck. Think we should have a count days till X and Y starts?

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
SERENA AND ASH KNOW EACH OTHER ALREADY SOMEHOW.

INSTA FAVE SHIP.

...Okay seriously. I'll have to wait till I see them interact together, but this is already looking to be a fun ship. xD

+1 support.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Can I join? This ship sounds interesting, especially if Ash and Serena are supposed to "know" each other lol. I can't wait to see how that will unfold in the anime.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Of course you can join, more fans twice the fun :)

If Bonnie and her brother are younger than Ash and Serena, they'd be like a mom and dad taking care of there kids HA.
Pearlshing has been my favorite Ash pairing forever, this very well could top that now. Just by having images of them next to each other they look so cute together, never felt that about that with any of the BW pairings to be honest, so YAY!

Omg, me too! And I am liking this more than Pearlshipping ;) And many people probably think it is to early to ship this, but I don`t care. Serena is like the cutest thing ever :3

And yay for more people joining! The more the merrier :)

Last edited:

Blaziken77

I'm a pearlshipper but I would love to join Ash and Serena shipping haha!!
I personally think, that since Ash has previously met Serena somehow, that they are childhood friends.
I think Serena is the anime version of Leaf and it would be so awesome since in that poster Serena is actually blushing while looking at Ash!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Always hated the PearlShipping and AdvanceShipping. I prefer the PokéShipping and the NegaiShipping for Ash, CavalierShipping for Dawn and ContestShipping for May.

Anyway, I know it has been mentionned that Ash previously met Serena and it would be cool for them to be childhood friends, but I wouldn't hope that high. Ash will probably meet her on a phone call in the last episode of Best Wishes and it will be as simple as that.
But who cares ? That couple is really interesting, and no doubt it could probably reach one of my favorites! :p

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Ash will probably meet her on a phone call in the last episode of Best Wishes and it will be as simple as that.

My friend seems to think that Serena is atcually the Lass from the first opening that pikachu runs under.

I think he's taking it way to far with insane troll logic, but its quite funny. XD

BlueDragonfangirl

Always hated the PearlShipping and AdvanceShipping. I prefer the PokéShipping and the NegaiShipping for Ash, CavalierShipping for Dawn and ContestShipping for May.

Anyway, I know it has been mentionned that Ash previously met Serena and it would be cool for them to be childhood friends, but I wouldn't hope that high. Ash will probably meet her on a phone call in the last episode of Best Wishes and it will be as simple as that.
But who cares ? That couple is really interesting, and no doubt it could probably reach one of my favorites! :p

From what I've been tolled in the series she was child hood friends with the main character of the X and Y series, it'd be awesome if they used that story for Ash and Serena too :)

Man I can't for when Serena comes into the picture soon.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Me neither! I can't wait for Serena to finally make her debut!
I am excited to how they will meet (or see each other again, who knows?) in the beginning. Although I don't like to hold high expectations for them to have been childhood friends, I could still hope, couldn't I? ;)

Liltwick

So we have exactly one month before we can see this shipping in action, I'm honestly really excited! I also already have a fic planned that I'm calling Comatose o-o. Also, I was actually more of a PalletShipping before I decided to ship this. It 's kinda funny how I told myself that I was going to ship this, but Serena and Ash just seem so natural together already.

So anyways any ideas for all of us to do while we wait? Maybe create a challenge or whatever. I honestly haven't participated in the major shipping threads, mostly involved in the ToD and shipping names. o-o And the Challenge thread when School winds down

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.