• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPT

Just a member
I am too late to notice this but......Yay, Ash x Serena finally got an official Shipping name! I'm glad AmourShipping won the shipping poll.

What do you expect her reaction to be if it ash doesn't remember her ?

She'd be a little sad at first, but later she'll ask Ash to let her travel with him for helping him remember about her.

Navin

MALDREAD
Ash won't remember right away. But isn't there another handkerchief scene in the woods that takes place afterwards? I'm guessing Ash won't remember until after the Gym battle when Serena shows him that handkerchief. Or at least that's when the flashback happens.

http://magic135.deviantart.com/art/Ash-and-Serena-410008048

AshLookalikeCasey

Hey everybody! I have been coming to serebii for a long, long...long time but never have I registered. And after seeing how much hype is being put into a slight possibility of an Ash x Serena romance thing in the new XY series, well...I just had to register and join in on the conversation. Of course, I won't just be talking here but in all other threads as well, giving my opinions on a lot of subjects and not just the brand new AmourShipping.

Anyway, I was always a full supporter for the PokeShipping (Ash x Misty). But after seeing trailers of the new XY series and the idea that Ash and Serena have known each other since childhood, well...let's just say that I am a HUGE supporter for AmourShipping now. Of course, the story between Ash and Serena over the course of this season could go anywhere. But, come on! I would like to see some character development in Ash for a change. He has not aged since the very first episode (he has to be at least 15 by now, and I go by him aging 1 year after traveling an entire region). He hasn't accomplished his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master (he has had opportunities throughout the anime to try catching legendaries and he hasn't jumped at the chance). AND he hasn't matured to the point where he can develop feelings for any of the female companions that have traveled with him (Misty, May, Dawn (not Iris because there's NO WAY that would work out lol)).

I would like to see Ash acquire a girlfriend for a change. Maybe not during the duration of this series, maybe not even at the end of it. But I wanna see SOMETHING develop between Ash and Serena. If anything, at the end of the series if Ash and Serena were to part ways, I hope Ash promises to never forget about her and that they will meet again and hopefully work out a relationship.

...okay, just for those of you who might be wondering, YES I am a hopeless romantic. But someone has gotta be, right? ...right??? :-O

Hey everybody! I have been coming to serebii for a long, long...long time but never have I registered. And after seeing how much hype is being put into a slight possibility of an Ash x Serena romance thing in the new XY series, well...I just had to register and join in on the conversation. Of course, I won't just be talking here but in all other threads as well, giving my opinions on a lot of subjects and not just the brand new AmourShipping.

Anyway, I was always a full supporter for the PokeShipping (Ash x Misty). But after seeing trailers of the new XY series and the idea that Ash and Serena have known each other since childhood, well...let's just say that I am a HUGE supporter for AmourShipping now. Of course, the story between Ash and Serena over the course of this season could go anywhere. But, come on! I would like to see some character development in Ash for a change. He has not aged since the very first episode (he has to be at least 15 by now, and I go by him aging 1 year after traveling an entire region). He hasn't accomplished his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master (he has had opportunities throughout the anime to try catching legendaries and he hasn't jumped at the chance). AND he hasn't matured to the point where he can develop feelings for any of the female companions that have traveled with him (Misty, May, Dawn (not Iris because there's NO WAY that would work out lol)).

I would like to see Ash acquire a girlfriend for a change. Maybe not during the duration of this series, maybe not even at the end of it. But I wanna see SOMETHING develop between Ash and Serena. If anything, at the end of the series if Ash and Serena were to part ways, I hope Ash promises to never forget about her and that they will meet again and hopefully work out a relationship.

...okay, just for those of you who might be wondering, YES I am a hopeless romantic. But someone has gotta be, right? ...right??? :-O

Welcome :) I also joined serebii forums and this thread for the same reason. I would like to see some growth from Ash, especially with amourshipping :) I wonder what next weeks episode is going to bring us? Always excited for Friday night :)

I don't care how dense Ash is.... He DID hold hands with Serena lol. He must like her

If the writers are actually trying to show romance in that scene and not a strong bond between two friends then there it is. There it freaking is. #Canon

PokeHero96

Well Serena must care A LOT! If the 5th episode is Ash just training and having a rematch, after saying he doesn't remember, I'm surprised Serena stays and doesn't go, "looks like he doesn't remember me, I go home and be-tend this never happened" she must feel really strong to wait so long for Ash to remember if he doesn't.

SickboyRawrs

What if the writers give us a lot of hints and cute scenes bewteen Ash and Serena and then, in the first XY movie we finally see a hug, kiss or maybe a declaration? Man! I mean, a movie where Ash saves Serena's from something but he result really hurt, and then Serena trying to help him or wake him up, and then she say: "Don't leave me Satoshi, please, don't! I love you, idiot, I love you, you can't leave me now, not now that we are finally together after all these years! -tears- don't leave me... please..." And then Ash wake up and... well someone continue this story :D

PokeHero96

What if the writers give us a lot of hints and cute scenes bewteen Ash and Serena and then, in the first XY movie we finally see a hug, kiss or maybe a declaration? Man! I mean, a movie where Ash saves Serena's from something but he result really hurt, and then Serena trying to help him or wake him up, and then she say: "Don't leave me Satoshi, please, don't! I love you, idiot, I love you, you can't leave me now, not now that we are finally together after all these years! -tears- don't leave me... please..." And then Ash wake up and... well someone continue this story :D

Continuing story...
And then Ash wakes up and says "Serena?" Serena looks down at him and does the biggest grin, "I though you left me" she said. Ash stares at her, "how could I?" with a weak grin, Serena giggles and gives Ash a HUGE hug, then kisses him, the end :) well not exactly but you know.

SickboyRawrs

Continuing story...
And then Ash wakes up and says "Serena?" Serena looks down at him and does the biggest grin, "I though you left me" she said. Ash stares at her, "how could I?" with a weak grin, Serena giggles and gives Ash a HUGE hug, then kisses him, the end :) well not exactly but you know.

Oh come on haha x) It would be nice if the other people in this forum posts their own end :O it would be nice to read :D

Proprietor

Pokémon Master
Well, given that there were multiple "handkerchief scenes" spotted, I'm going to put my money on the topic being continually interrupted/avoided somehow. If Ash DID remember Serena, I wouldn't see a reason for Serena to show him the handkerchief more than once (along with a confused face on as well). Other than that I could see a possibility of Ash not remembering, and Serena continually pressuring him with the handkerchief, trying to bring back his memory.

chrzd

Ash won't remember right away. But isn't there another handkerchief scene in the woods that takes place afterwards? I'm guessing Ash won't remember until after the Gym battle when Serena shows him that handkerchief. Or at least that's when the flashback happens.

http://magic135.deviantart.com/art/Ash-and-Serena-410008048
this is my photo. I have noticed it for two weeks. thank you for sharing my photo.you are right. the next flashback will be seen by ash. already it is clear that ashs facial expressions.

SickboyRawrs

Well, given that there were multiple "handkerchief scenes" spotted, I'm going to put my money on the topic being continually interrupted/avoided somehow. If Ash DID remember Serena, I wouldn't see a reason for Serena to show him the handkerchief more than once (along with a confused face on as well). Other than that I could see a possibility of Ash not remembering, and Serena continually pressuring him with the handkerchief, trying to bring back his memory.

Maybe he did remember her and she was like "Satoshi, I kept the handkerchief -shows him- I always wanted to see you again -blushes-" Ash is shocked, can't believe it, goofy smile, blush and then Eureka, Citron, or the Team Rocket will interrupt the scene.

this is my photo. I have noticed it for two weeks. thank you for sharing my photo.you are right. the next flashback will be seen by ash. already it is clear that ashs facial expressions.
But for what I see (can't remember where but it was in better quality) the handkerchief was all blank. I don't know, maybe something is wrong with my eyes.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think I see this 'interruption' thing become a gag. The writers simply love gags. Hope they don't overdo them like they seem to do with all the other ones in the series...I could see the Bonnie gag being funny if they keep it to a minimum.

What I'd like to see is one of Clemont's machines fail in front of Serena. Will she get caught in the explosion? If yes, how will she react to getting an instant afro? If not, how will she react to Ash getting caught in a blast?

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I don't care how dense Ash is.... He DID hold hands with Serena lol. He must like her

If the writers are actually trying to show romance in that scene and not a strong bond between two friends then there it is. There it freaking is. #Canon

Lol, the same reason how we don't know what's going on in their past, is the same reason we don't know what's going on with Ash. You never know, Serena may have been Ash's first crush. xD

I wonder if there's more to the flashbacks, I mean, I think there is and if so... Ash mending Serena's knee, offering his hand, holding her hand?

They could have made a promise or Serena kisses Ash on the cheek, then Serena would be the first girl to kiss Ash lol. Idk.

I'm not sure, probably upset but I think Serena would know what to do. I mean, the way she came up to Ash and casually gave him his back and asked him if he remembers her, she was doing it pretty well tbh.

I think Serena was more upset with the interruptions if anything.

Froakie64

Banned
@Blood Red, why would that be a gag, abd where does it say the writers love gags,? Pokemon isn't the only series that does 'gags' or jokes you know?

Her reaction if Ash doesn't remember her, she better take it well. Serena's on thin ice with most people, add can't get over themselves and wasting our time with useless melodrama not needed in a gym battle rematch episode on their list of reasons to hate Serena.

And othe commets about Ash, can you remember every face and name dating back to your childhood? Well you can't, gaps or links to the chains of memories are going to be made, yes so Ash forgit Serena because not for generic Shouen traits, he just doesn't remember, simple as that.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
@Froakie64: i have this small question for you.

How is Serena on thin ice? I mean she only has had a minute or so here and there and has only just joined the main group, and now she is on thin ice, people hate Serena, why, because she isn't Misty, May, or Dawn for that matter or is it her sassy personality, to dislike her for that is pretty shallow, especially since we all know little of Serena, her past with Ash, she remembers yes, but I also agree that Ash might not remember, straight away, that isn't a problem, it could mean he might remember but as the series progress, so here is another question, what if Ash remembers straight away, you would have shot yourself in the foot with your comment.

Froakie64

Banned
@paul (dragon master), don't take what Isaid the wrong way. When I said 'thin ice' I'm talking about others outside this thread (in the Pokemon Anime thread) judging her 5 episodes in and it's not she won't be hated, every character gets hate, hard to believe but yes.

And of course I want Ash to remember, everyone not pulling the "lol Ash won't remember her because he's dense and oblivious lol" card every page does too. So think I'll be shooting myself, paul.

Anyway, back on topic.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Let's be honest here, it's almost certain Ash won't remember her right away. Do you really think she would desperately try to show Ash the handkerchief if he remembered her ? I think the handkerchief is her "secret weapon", in some way.

Back to the question, I think Serena will be hurt, really. But as a good actress, she might just hide it in a fake smile and Ash, as obvious as ever, will think everything is fine. When the gang is about to leave, Serena will convince him that if they were traveling together, he may remember her one day. And so, Ash, Clemont and Bonnie now add Serena to their group. Later on, that's where Serena will remember the handkerchief and show it to Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.