• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

terra1396

OH WOW I was smiling the whole episode, this episode was just wow. The writers exceeded my expectations yet again. So this is how it feels to ship something that isn't mere speculaton.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
It seems like we are saying goodbye to the old version of Ash and hello to the new version.

I cannot wait for the Parfum Palace episode, what happens there will be very interesting.

Well I wouldn't count it as a strong him in anyway, since it is easily outweighed by the sheer volume of hints SatoSere got in today's episode.

Last edited:

skybattler262

[SUB][/SUB]Oh great... the episode... the flashback!!! MEMORIES OF ANOHANA!!!!
Great, the writers are dedicated to push this ship to a certain limit!
Let's see... all we lack now is a fireworks scene... and Serena's last day in Kanto...
Ash remembers her! and is that barber on the next episode reminds me of France from Hetalia: Axis Powers?

Last edited:

Ash.mx

This is the shippiest thing that has ever happened in the anime thus far (you cant deny it) and you expect us not to take it seriously?! Oh please! If we can't get excited for this, then for what?

Anyway, does anyone know if the scene of Serena winking and her compassionate expression was for Satoshi or not?

I think he was referring to people who said they don't want SatoSere moments on every episode ^ ^;

but OMFG, as you said, this has to be the shippiest thing that has ever happened in the anime...

LOL and people thought a hug would never happen cause he never hugged her mom before... Yeah it was by accident but a hug is a hug, she took it like that.

And here I am, trying to assume a cool headed stance and stuff, and then BAM- this episode shattered it to pieces , and then the feeels.... haha.

Hm, today was a good day.

Kinger556

Omg xD The look on Ash's face when Serena gave him the cloth was just hilarious!!! He looked like he had no idea what to do or say lol

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Incredible, historical stuff. Serena´s crush is now canon.
This is probably the shippiest episode in the history of Pokemon. SatoSere is currently obliterating its rivals,
including the almighty pokeshipping. There´s going to be a massive avalanche of fan fics, art and AMVs
in the coming months.

It seems like we are saying goodbye to the old version of Ash and hello to the new version.

It does look like Pokemon in general has experienced somewhat of a renaissance
after the weak BW saga. The games took a major forward leap in technology, and the anime
also seems to have gotten a facelift. The production values on this series are higher than ever.
The artwork/animation quality of XY makes OS/AG era look like crap.

Last edited:

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Won't deny, this episode gave me so many feels. The kind of feels I haven't felt since Pokemon Heroes. That's the beauty of this new series, it almost has the theatrics and relationships of a movie or special. Feels like we're getting really spoiled :D

One thing I found kind of weird is how easily Serena admitted all of that really private stuff about the forest incident, and in front of Bonnie and Clemont as well! Girl has guts :p

Wouldn't it be nice if the same scenario happened like back when they were in the forest but instead of a hug, Serena kisses him

Last edited:
I don't think the hug was really accidental. I think Satoshi really pulled Serena hard on purpose so that she can stand and then hug her for support and not to fall again on the ground.

AshSerena

I Never Though Serena Can Cook also! Substitute for brock?!!
So thats why ash cant remember her, she never tell her name during the flash back

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
What I liked about the moment was the music as well, I watched and felt that the music also set the tone as well, to me there is no other music that can compare to it.

I was amazed at how, it fits with the two, and now we are seeing this pair pretty much coming close to destroying the other pairs, this will be an interesting saga, I just hope that the writers slow it down a little, I wouldn't want them to have a hint in every episode, now that we have received a lot of hints, wouldn't want them to not only spoil the pairing but also not to spoil the amazing start we have been witnessing of not only Amourshipping but the series in general.

XxlapsxX

I'm writing this without have seen any spoiler, so... i'm waiting for the RAW episode, i just can't found it :(

ImperialShine

It has been forever since my last post but I have been lurking this thread for the last 160 pages or so!

I just finished the raw! what an awesome episode! As far as Serena's feelings are concerned, The writers are making no attempt at subtlety!

MY favorite (NON shipping related) part was Serena realising how much she enjoys battling with her Fennekin! her expression was precious!

a tiny issue to note is that while we can certainly expect a ton of new SatoSere amvs and fics etc, (which is of course a good thing) Sadly This also opens the door for the um "other sides" Expect rabid pokeshippers to begin penning tales of Serena being "removed" from the picture in the worst ways imaginable.

KPark

That "Scene" where Ash pull Serena close to him and when the climax of the music played, it gave me feelssssssssss.

Hikatoshi26

I just saw the episode and wow they are pushing it. For the first Time Ash invited a girl to join his traveling band of misfits which was cool. Serena is gonna learn first hand how dense Ash really is. I mean she asked Ash how did she look and he was paying her no mind lol and also the cookies she is half spilling her feels on him and he was like nom nom nom. This is gonna be fun.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Alright, I've been a PokeShipper since the beginning. I was three years old when I watched the very first episode of Pokemon. Since that day, it has become my favorite television show.

I always saw Ash and Misty as the perfect pairing. Misty's feelings for Ash were obvious, and many assume (including me) Ash was just too immature to realize his feelings for her. He was just a 10-year-old kid that loved Pokemon -- girls weren't on his mind.

I began to lose focus on the show after Misty left, and I had completely left it once the voice actors changed. I heard updates along the way so I know what has happened over the past seven or so years. I would never actually come back to the show, I just waited for the day for Misty to return and have the writers finally do something between her and Ash. May, Dawn, and Iris were nothing -- the only actual time Pokemon ever came close to shipping (apart from maybe May and Drew but I don't know much on that) was between Ash and Misty.

Now that I've heard what has happened in X/Y so far... just, woah. I am shocked that the writers are going in this seemingly shippy direction... but I can't say that it makes me mad. I actually like it. Hearing that Ash was still 10 in the beginning of B/W made me mad because it felt to me like after all those years, he still had not matured one bit. But now, form what I've heard, Ash seems to have matured in this saga. And now there's this girl around who likes him.

Look, I've been rooting for Ash all the way. It seems the writers have decided to totally do away with Misty at this point. They've moved on from her. I think this new thing between Ash and Serena is very promising. In fact, I think I'm gonna actually tune in to the episodes once they're dubbed. I'm glad the writers are finally appealing to the fans.

What made the Original Series of Pokemon (mainly Kanto) so great was the PEOPLE. Yeah sure, the Pokemon were awesome. But what set Kanto apart from being just a Pokemon advertisement to an actually GOOD television show was the human interaction amongst the main trio and the rocket trio. Over the past few years, I feel as if all the focus has been shifted to the Pokemon. Now, it seems the people are getting some focus again as well. And I could not be happier.

So, I will always be a PokeShipper, but heck, toss me on this bandwagon, too. It's been ten years since I've truly been hooked into the Pokemon anime, but I'm back baby. Can't wait to see how this works out.

Oh, and nothing against you guys, but I think I'm gonna avoid this thread for a while, or at least not really post all that much. I do not want to be spoiled haha.

WOO, POKEMONNNNNNN!

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
There's a lot that can, and I expect will be expanded upon in those flashbacks like how she ended up lost in the forest, what happened afterwards and really the entire context of the camp. Something interesting from it though (and this is probably looking a bit much into it) but how they're both dressed is almost completely; Ash looks like some scraggy-looking Tarzan kid swinging from the trees as if going into the forest was something he did regularly and Serena looks like she's a bit out of place for something so outdoorsy. Definite room for expansion and something to look forward to, keen to find out more about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.