1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by BlueDragonfangirl, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On the contrary, this is getting as bad as DP, but to each their own.

How anyone can say there's ANY remote maturation here, I do not know.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

...why didn't I notice that? 0.0

3. pokezuma

pokezuma Experienced Trainer

I suppose she probably would, considering the fact that she mentions something about Lumiose City having shops selling cute clothes and also something about delicious sweets. (I might be wrong, since I don't know japanese properly)

4. LuckoftheDraw

LuckoftheDraw Well-Known Member

I've said this once a couple of pages back, but the animation (lighting, angles, movements/blushes) from the start was beautifully well done, the animators made these shipping scenes/backstory really stand out!

5. Master Trainer Empoleon

Master Trainer Empoleon Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Amourshipping becoming a powerhouse very quickly? I mean the hints and the rapidly growing fandom is insane.

6. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Ironically enough dp was his most mature season.

The episode was very shippy, but i feel like they needed to include more racing and less flashback. I mean camp is great and all but the grand sport of rhyhorn racing deserves better.

7. If by "mature," you mean battle borg with no personality, then yeah. That's a matter of opinion as well: I do agree with you that Ash was at his most mature in DP (I was making a joke before, but seriously, he certainly isn't in XY-- here, he's a generic form of AG 2.0 Ash if anything), but I'm taking about the DP series as a whole, not Ash. Brock and TRio pretty much were at their worst in DP, but I digress.

Ash and Dawn =/= only characters in DP.

Yeah, I agree: more racing, less flashback.

8. pixcalibur

pixcalibur Can't stop laughing

Basically pokemon and food always get Ash's attention. So Serena just needs to disguise the fashion bit under that to make it easier to drag Ash out. If she really does have a crush on Ash, may as well practice charm skills while she's at it. Oh dear, I don't even want to picture where that can go.

Anyway, would be an interesting distraction to let Clemont deal with his problems without as much interference. Though I think the whole group will be working on solutions when that time actually comes.

9. LuckoftheDraw

Good thing to point out! I noticed that from the subbed version, Serena seems to be interested at giving Rhyhorn races another go. Not as her main goal, but sounds like she wants to give it another chance, so there should be more episodes focused on racing (without TR interruption lol) as the series progress.

10. YonaNoveau

YonaNoveau Well-Known Member

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d15bf23099c012d979e86c65579f09a1/tumblr_mwlz376ZKS1qiz00ko5_1280.jpg

Daww...

Serena can be so ridiculously cute when her crush is on.

Though I agree with some people, why I love how much they are giving the couple they should tone down things a bit or make the hint heavy episodes rarer later on. I mean, while we shippers are enjoying it, Pokemon is not a romance anime so most people who aren't into romance or want to see adventuring may lose patience with the "romantic subplot" and feel is being shoved down.

I loved the episode, though I keep wondering what will Serena's goal be.

11. XxlapsxX

XxlapsxX Well-Known Member

If by "personallity" you mean, lose and lose battles by silly mistakes, then yes, Ash's personality in D/P was less than other seasons. Anyway. this is offtopic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I still hoping that Serena's goal won't be Rhyhorn races, fortunately next episode will be about all the "fashion" stuff :D

12. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

They will definitely tone down the hints. Even the love stories reduce the hints and "starve" the audience. It's to make sure that we don't grow bored and/or annoyed.

Anyway, the newest episode definitely triggered something inside me. I've never been so excited about a Pokémon shipping. I can't wait to see how they will develop this subplot. :D

13. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Her eyes are kind of creepy in this shot.

Tbh I could not care less about the interpersonal interactions so long as we get plenty of great battles. But since the writers are gonna do this they need to do this right and have serena wrap ash around her finger by ep 15.

14. Sephora

Sephora yes I'm back

I just finished watching the episode, and I must say, it was adorable! Serena's crush on Satoshi is definitely undeniable. My favourite part was the flashback (of course!) and I loved the accidental hug part :3
    I also liked it how when Satoshi extended his hand for her to take, she was hesitant and Satoshi just grabbed her hand. I can't take all the feels omg! <3

15. Ash in D/P sucks for several reasons, but I digress. I'd rather see the guy act like a human being than a emotionless as*hole, but that's just my opinion.

He lost so many battles to Paul as it is before beating him and then losing to Trollbias.

Anyway, off topic. Happy for those of you who like Amourshipping.

16. pixcalibur

pixcalibur Can't stop laughing

Damn Serena looks cute like that in blush mode. And if she can cook, she's got an easy route to get on Ash's good side.

Yeah, I'm hoping the ship tease will tone down a bit to give us time to digest all this and actually for the main plot development. I think Pokemon is more of adventure/comedy genre, ok to sprinkle in the ship tease down the line. Intermittent ship tease episodes will be good enough to keep interest rather than making it routine and override the main plot. Other animes I've watched with canon couples usually have intermittent ship tease or only load on ship tease after the main plot is pretty much done.

17. LuckoftheDraw

No need to worry, there's a very high chance it won't be. Serena even said herself that she doesn't dislike Rhyhorn racing, but she feels that there is something else out there that she wants to do. Could be battling or fashion related goals.

That Satoshi being dragged by Serena to shop idea is hilarious, they (writers) probably will do that!

18. Queequeg

Queequeg Well-Known Member

It's the hair. The writers/artists really know how to design the hair to make the girl really attractive...

....Then she said she may have misunderstood Sihorn racing and was nostalgic while teaching Ash. I disagree.

19. Mau-Kun

Mau-Kun Well-Known Member

True, Pokémon is about battles, not about romance, and it must not end until Ash finally becomes a Pokémon Máster, we're done with the flashbacks, we already know how they met, we alredy know their past, everything is now clear, both of them are OK with their memories, it's time to give this romantic/childhood-friendshiop subplot a break and let the Pokémon adventure go on.

20. NPT

NPT Just a member

It's been only 3 episodes since Serena reunited with Ash, and theres a lot of good shipping hints already! Now that Serena is traveling with him, I wonder how many Shipping we'll get in the rest of the XY saga? I really hope they will get together someday.

This makes me think.....did Ash ever ASK anyone to go on a journey with him before? If he never did it before, then Serena is first person who is asked by Ash to go on a journey with him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.