• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
thoughts of other charcters about shipping:
bonnie: thats so perfect! i bet they will get married and have lots and lots of kids!
clemont: I knew serena had a crush on ash! i used my clemontic gear to measure their hormone levels.
brock: why is it easy for him?
pikachu: pika pika... (that dense idiot finally managed to get a girl! about time, too...)
cilan: the couple certainly has chemistry! like a fantastic mix of aroma and taste! a perfect combination of... (rambles on for 3 hrs)
iris: wow, i didnt think that little kid had it in him!
misty, may, dawn: (grumbles in jealousy)
delia ketchum: thats my ash... all grown up!
grace (serena's mom): serena isnt old enough to have a boyfriend!
oak: didnt that girl attend my summer camp? i remember that she was close with ash... but not that close! now whats my grandson's name again?
ash's bayleaf: bay bayleaf... (lucky human girl... (grumble grumble))

It's actually quite possible that we'll get an episode dedicated to the characters reacting to Amourshipping. If it happens, Professor Oak has to react like that :D

As for people wanting a love triangle, I'm all for it if its Girl vs Girl for Ash. But the people saying that Ash needs to be jealous for Serena at least once aren't wrong. I think I have a solution for that.

In Kalos, we have two male members of the Elite Four. Since they're celebrities in the Anime world, I wouldn't be too surprised if Serena had a large amount of admiration for one of them. Ash could mistake it for a crush, get jealous and maybe challenge the Elite to a fight. Sure, he'll probably lose but then Serena would run to Ash and tell him that he did an awesome job. From there, Ash can finally start shedding his denseness. Best part? Well, no Drew 2.0 to mess things up!

NPT

Just a member
thoughts of other charcters about shipping:
bonnie: thats so perfect! i bet they will get married and have lots and lots of kids!
clemont: I knew serena had a crush on ash! i used my clemontic gear to measure their hormone levels.
brock: why is it easy for him?
pikachu: pika pika... (that dense idiot finally managed to get a girl! about time, too...)
cilan: the couple certainly has chemistry! like a fantastic mix of aroma and taste! a perfect combination of... (rambles on for 3 hrs)
iris: wow, i didnt think that little kid had it in him!
misty, may, dawn: (grumbles in jealousy)
delia ketchum: thats my ash... all grown up!
grace (serena's mom): serena isnt old enough to have a boyfriend!
oak: didnt that girl attend my summer camp? i remember that she was close with ash... but not that close! now whats my grandson's name again?
ash's bayleaf: bay bayleaf... (lucky human girl... (grumble grumble))

Tracy: I'll sketch the perfect picture of them holding hands.

Anabel: .....................

And I agree, Serena resembles Dawn very much except her hair is more beautiful.

Serena is nothing like Dawn IMO. They are different characters.

PokeHero said:
Oh and somebody mentioned about what to do on AmourShipping day, what day is that exactly, when the XY series came out, or when the ship got given a name ??

I'm wondering about the same thing.

As for a love triangle, I don't think it's necessary to have Serena admiring/fangirling on someone to make Ash jealous. I don't want a Drew 2.0 either.

Whatever. >_>

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Well about love triangles. I would rather not have the. But if it comes i would rather be a girl crushing on ash this time because in the past there were guys crushing on the girls. Yeah i know there were a couple girls who liked ash but they were only on for an ep or a couple of eps. So if it s a recurring character. I want it to b a girl this time
Shauna or the gym leader will b good options imo

kind of agree to this....especially if there will be a rival hopefully its a girl....that way if the love triangle happens...it will be fun to watch

kind of agree to this....especially if there will be a rival hopefully its a girl....that way if the love triangle happens...it will be fun to watch

A lot of people's money is on Korrina to cause love triangle stuff.
Sure, nothing could happen and there is a chance that Anime Korrina will be completely different compare to Game Korrina in terms of personality.

I think it will be interesting though haha.

Last edited:
Many here want the fireworks scene be animated with Ash and Serena watching. What if they insert the love triangle here and the rival girl challenges Serena to battle and the winner can invite Ash to watch the fireworks together.

CMDShift4

Anonymous
Brace yourself for a ****NG (incoming : P) BIG, AND I MEAN BIG! WALL OF TEXT!!!:

Just skip this if dont like to read and you don't care about my humble opinion on what has been discussed in the latest pages of this thread. Thanks.

I hold on to my opinion that really, there is no point in discussing things that will happen in years to come. I know its fun for some people, but there are also others that just want to enjoy the ship without having to think about it, and to having to hear the same things over and over again. We won't get anywhere ,no matter how much we speculate about it.

But you convinced me to do it this time.

Ok first, I think Serena's goal this season will be "finding a goal" , since really there is no other outstanding activity in the games ( like contests, or musicals) and she seems to be looking for something other than Ryhorn racing. Just think about it, it could be used as a way for the producers/writers to make the viewers( older and newcomers) to re/discover the world of Pokemon and the various activities and charms people might find in it through Serena's eyes.

Personally, I'd like her to decide to be a Pokemon Trainer eventually, but she would want to set herself apart from others, and that she might end up researching/specializing in the Mega evolution, pretty much as like your rival in the game does. Do you imagine how cool it'd be seeing Ash and Serena competing in a double battle tournament/ gyms? and even be sort of rivals? .The fact that Ash might play a big role with what Serena decides, well, it'd just add to this ship even more.

I know she will leave at some point if this is not Ash's final season and if the show continues with him, but that doesn't mean her crush/feelings need to go away too. It certainly won't kill Amourshipping, heck, you all know people think Misty feelings are still there after so long, so they won't lose hope till the very end. If Pokeshipping accomplished that much, imagine what Amourshipping would by the end of the season.

Lol, I don't know how many of you have ever been in love but well, as many people've said before , having a goal in life doesn't mean you can't focus on other things (like your love for another person) on the same( or even higher!) level of passion. In fact I think it actually makes your "main" goal even more worthwhile. But that's just me.

But yeah, we have been over analyzing things based on how real life works, but let's talk about it in a different perspective for a moment; the one where we look at the anime as the promotion device ultimately it is.

No one can deny the whole XY concept is a new step for Pokemon, as many people believe , I think its truly the first time they're trying to take a new direction and evolve the franchise, so it's only logical to think they would try to carry the same effect to the anime at some degree too.

Man, how I miss the times when the anime was at its best and was a hit all around the world, but lets be honest, thanks to the formula that the show has been using all these years ( gyms, fillers, beating team rocket, another team, ash losing the final tournament, etc). the anime has gone way past the point of being stale and redundant. People don't care about the anime anymore. And as the time passes, they'll lose more people no doubt. So they really need to change.

Better animations, better production values , and the writing seems good so far (for Pokemon standars anyway). Yeah ratings are low as by now, it has been discussed and I think we should just give it time, but look around, many people are returning back to watch the show. And not only here on Serebii, but everywhere pokemon related. I can't remember last time people were this much excited to watch a pokemon episode. As and example, I mentioned back in one of my post that in certain spanish page, XY007 (the one where the historic flashbak took place) broke viewing records not just for a Pokemon episode, but the whole anime streaming page.

So surprisingly, I think the AshXSerena thing is playing a HUGE role on it too. Yeah, Pokemon isn't and will never be a romance themed show, we know that, but I think people really understimate that part . A lot of people really care about that indeed, if they didn't, we wouldn't have shipping threads with many people participating in them in the first place.

Point is ,after so many years, they've decided to make a main girl companion crush on Ash HARD from the very beginning( and it seems the crush is stronger than Misty's was), the almost "fanfic" backstory they have given to Ash and Serena childhood, and that we even got Ash “hugging” someone, something some people considered impossible to happen in an episode, then it could give you an idea of what they might be trying to do. They want to spice things up.

I honestly don't think they are pushing this just to drop it at some point because Serena's attempts to make Ash notice her end in failure, just for her decide to let it go and move on with her life. What reason could they have to do that? Give girls a lesson on how crushes fade away because no matter how much they try, the guy won't notice so they better find another thing to do? It could happen I know, but I kind of doubt it.

That's why I don't like to speculate, I know this anime has very clear and defined traits, but I think we still won't know how all this would end. Whatever happens happens.

All I know is, if they continue like this, they will reach a point of no return, where fans will be really upset if it turns out they made all of this for nothing. If they really have the intention to eventually drop this, they better do it fast rather than continue building it more and letting the fans expectations to grow to dangerous levels, more than they already have.

Just my two cents.

You deserved a lot of applause from me Ash.mx. Thank you. That was really great. I guess everyone should prepare a failsafe depending on one's expectation. Expect so much and it can really blow you really hard.

It's like gambling. If you're not there to enjoy it, too much frustration will occur.

Saying that Ash has shown no romantic hints towards Serena would be a dramatic overexaggeration. I mean, this is the first time that Ash requested a girl to go on a journey with him, in a shy and hesitant sort of way, as seen when he scratches his head/rubs his chin a little. Does he do that with Misty? Or May, who requested him to go with her, not the other way around? The intimate hug between them when they were kids is self-explanatory on how sweet and caring Ash can really be. In addition, factor in the fact that Ash has been treating other girls (May, Dawn) in similar ways before this, and while Ash can be really (and primarily) dense at times, he can show a really sweet and protective side especially when his comrades are in distress or danger.

This. Satoshi sure is dense, but he's not that dense. Instinctively, he still knows how to treat girls the "Ash way".

In Kalos, we have two male members of the Elite Four. Since they're celebrities in the Anime world, I wouldn't be too surprised if Serena had a large amount of admiration for one of them. Ash could mistake it for a crush, get jealous and maybe challenge the Elite to a fight. Sure, he'll probably lose but then Serena would run to Ash and tell him that he did an awesome job. From there, Ash can finally start shedding his denseness. Best part? Well, no Drew 2.0 to mess things up!

Perfect!. No love triangles needed either. But of course I don't mind as long as she stays with the man.

SacredAsh

Saying that Ash has shown no romantic hints towards Serena would be a dramatic overexaggeration. I mean, this is the first time that Ash requested a girl to go on a journey with him, in a shy and hesitant sort of way, as seen when he scratches his head/rubs his chin a little. Does he do that with Misty? Or May, who requested him to go with her, not the other way around? The intimate hug between them when they were kids is self-explanatory on how sweet and caring Ash can really be. In addition, factor in the fact that Ash has been treating other girls (May, Dawn) in similar ways before this, and while Ash can be really (and primarily) dense at times, he can show a really sweet and protective side especially when his comrades are in distress or danger.

ahahahahaha no..........hqdefault.jpg this is real ash in all his glory.

NPT

Just a member
Satoshi sure is dense, but he's not that dense. Instinctively, he still knows how to treat girls the "Ash way".

Ash needs to mature up a little so he could notice what Serena thinks about him, then he could treat her the "Ash way". If Serena continues to compliment Ash and make cookies for him, he gotta notice her someday.

Edit: is it me or this thread isn't active as usual?

Edit 2: nevermind.....

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Ash needs to mature up a little so he could notice what Serena thinks about him, then he could treat her the "Ash way". If Serena continues to compliment and make cookies for Ash, he gotta notice her someday.

No I think Serena needs to make Ash a 4 course meal, that should work really well or she could catch him a rare pokemon.

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
Ash needs to mature up a little so he could notice what Serena thinks about him, then he could treat her the "Ash way". If Serena continues to compliment Ash and make cookies for him, he gotta notice her someday.

Edit: Is it me or this thread isn't active as usual?

To me watching the first episodes of the series seems to ash matured! I also wonder in love! I would like to see in episode Cottonee with Cilan and Iris a conversation like that! It would be great!

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing

Edit: Is it me or this thread isn't active as usual?

Lol, it's not like this thread is going to get tons of new pages of posts every single day. There's only so much to talk about with so little info at this time. I'm just going to enjoy the XY series and not obsess too much over the whole shipping and canon thing. No control over what will happen down the line. If it happens, fine, and if it doesn't happen, also fine as long as the series is interesting to watch.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Lol, it's not like this thread is going to get tons of new pages of posts every single day. There's only so much to talk about with so little info at this time. I'm just going to enjoy the XY series and not obsess too much over the whole shipping and canon thing. No control over what will happen down the line. If it happens, fine, and if it doesn't happen, also fine as long as the series is interesting to watch.

I completely agree. I don't care about the future of the shipping (at the moment, at least). I want to focus on the present.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Perfect!. No love triangles needed either. But of course I don't mind as long as she stays with the man.

Thee's a reason why I picked a member of the Elite Four. They're all grown men, while Serena is ten. A younger girl admiring an older guy is okay, but an older guy having a crush on a kid is pretty...creepy.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
There's bound to be at least one or two 'jealously' moments and/or episodes over the course of the series at the rate at which this pairing is being developed.

Serena getting jealous, I'm not going to care as much about. On the other hand, Ash getting jealous is a whole different story, would make me think "Hmm, he doesn't seem to be totally dense on this topic."

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Ash getting jealous would be fun to see. Him being overprotective over Serena maybe shows that he may have an interest in her. I can see Serena having a flirty side to her when she is alone with Ash.

Queequeg

250 Pages already! wow! :) So... what's the topic now? :D

We're basically beating a dead horse at this point with only 7 episodes in; we need to wait for more episodes to see their interaction.

Trainer Red 626

Haven't been on this thread since friday , seeing how many pages this has increased is amazing . How do you guys think Ash will react to seeing Serena being captured by team rocket? will he be really over protective over her ?

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Haven't been on this thread since friday , seeing how many pages this has increased is amazing . How do you guys think Ash will react to seeing Serena being captured by team rocket? will he be really over protective over her ?

He should be rather concerned. Just how concerned he's going to be is yet to be seen. Be interesting if he were to really go out of his way to save her, and if even more so if he does anything resembling what he did in their childhood.

====================

We're basically beating a dead horse at this point with only 7 episodes in; we need to wait for more episodes to see their interaction.

Lol, pretty much already beaten this topic and discussion to death already. There's like no info to work with at this point. It should be quite some time before any decent sized stuff comes in. Gotta spread out the adventure and comedy parts as well, can't just have all mushy stuff every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.