1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by BlueDragonfangirl, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colton S

Colton S Beware Bewear

Question:
    Do you think that Serena will continue to travel with Ash? Why?
    I say yes, because she really likes Ash. I can't see her leaving him for awhile.

2. Sephora

Sephora yes I'm back

It is way too early to determine but it is unlikely, unfortunately. I guess it depends on what her goal will be since all the other females left because of their goals. Ugh I just don't want Serena to leave to Johto where everyone from the cast in the past seems to disappear to lol. Personally, I would love it if Serena continues to travel with Satoshi even after the series is done. Many would disagree (because she might turn stale) while others may agree. But if Serena does join Satoshi to the next region, there wouldn't be any doubt in my mind whether or not this ship will be canon. Also, my precious Serena will remain in the show, and that would make me the happiest person! I've never loved a character as much as her before ^^ And yes, seven episodes is enough to determine that haha

3. pixcalibur

pixcalibur Can't stop laughing

That question is just up in the air at this time. Really can't determine that until the end of XY. One can argue either side of yes or no for his/her own reasons.

For me, I will stay neutral and undecided at this time since I have no crystal ball to see into the future :p.

4. taeuknam

taeuknam OTP is Amourshipping

didnt someone ask when amourshipping day should be?
    how about October 12th? the realease date for x and y

5. AshSerena

AshSerena Well-Known Member

i wonder what is her goal in future?

6. taeuknam

i think she will. in a video by marriland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0), he argues that the next game(s) will be in a new region, and because of the 3ds's capibilities, that it would not be unreasonable to expect an update to x and y which makes trading with this new region, with new pokemon, possible. in this sense it would be part of the same generation. if the games are in the same gen, its not unreasonable to think that the anime will continue with the same series, with the same protagonists.

7. PokeHero96

PokeHero96 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was me and another person, I'm okay with that day :D!

8. Ash.mx

Ash.mx Well-Known Member

Man, I'm always late replying to the topics in this thread, lol. Hard to catch up...

Just to expand on the possible triangles, I agree that it could be considered a dull and cliched plot device and I also understand people who say it could make the drama too heavy in a show like pokemon.... but I still would like it to happen at some point.

We know Ash simply doesn't know and doesn't care about romantic matters, while Serena clearly does. For they to introduce a triangle, well, think about it for a moment, apart that it would definitely spice things up and make for some fun interactions, the potential jealously that could come from it could be a very effective, if not the only, way to break through or at least make some cracks in Ash's denseness shell. There should be a moment where Ash should open his eyes and realize about those matters ,if only doing it in a very subtle (but crearly for viewers and fans) way. Sadly, as things are now, Ash sees and will likely continue to see Serena only as a good friend if some "important" event doesn't happen between them, other than the obvious admiration/friendship relationship shared with past female companions that is bound to happen , and that made no difference before. Said event doesn't need to involve jealously mind you, but something BIG has to occur nevertheless should this pairing reach the closest aspossibleaspokemongoes-canon status.

I can't see another way for it to happen really, waiting for Serena's constant attempts/hints to slowly melt said barrier is unlikely IMO... so it's either that or she ends up losing patience and decides to break through in a single blow; planting a kiss, on the cheek most likely LOL. And probably it's just me, but if the "hug" is telling us something, and with so much interest from Serena for Ash, I wouldn't rule out the possibility so easily this time, it has happened before after all.

For those who think it would make drama too much for this show, well, May got a "subtle?" romance subplot in AG, so I don't see why it could not happen again. It doesn't necesarely need to be a long/recurring plot point throughout the series, but it can be made in a single (or 2-3 ) episode. I mean, 1-3 out of the 100+ episodes the series probably will have, it isn't that much right?

9. SacredAsh

SacredAsh Well-Known Member

yea only misty and brock are not in johto.They are both in kanto. cilan,iris,may and dawn are in johto.Dawn initially travelled to hoenn after dp but she left for blackthorn city after her reunion with Ash in best wishes.

why is serena like your stereotypical french girl? she is by far the most flirtatious and coy female companion Ash has had. The feel of Serena is just completely different. Misty,May and Dawn almost seem childish in comparison. I also think that someone like Serena may be too much to handle for Ash.

How many of you thought that the flashback really showed a side of Ash pretty much never seen in the anime before? Yea can't really believe Ash was that much of a gentleman.Remember the hot headed ash who competed with Gary as kids? Who teased Misty a lot? Who yelled at May on several occasions? That hug...seriously ooc lolol

let's face it guys the only girl ash was ever attracted to from the get go was giselle, who is far prettier than almost all the other pokemon female characters except for cynthia. From what we can tell, Ash isn't attracted to Serena from the start so something seriously dramatic has to happen.......

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  10. Ash.mx

Ash.mx Well-Known Member

Ooc? Not really, I think everyone agrees he was just trying to hold her and act as the support, and still it doesn't rest significance to the scene . I only see a kid trying his best to help others, as Ash has always been. Obviously he was hot headed with Misty and Gary, because they both teased him a lot. It's obvious he has matured (if only a little bit) since the OS days.

11. pixcalibur

Honestly, even with Giselle, after that initial bit of infatuation, he got over that pretty quickly when he saw how she acted later in the episode. So looks don't really faze Ash too much now. How well he gets along with the person probably makes a bigger difference now.

====================

I assumed he was just trying to be nice and help her out. Just happened to get the hug in there as she sort of stumbled into him. Not that Serena minded the hug, as even after just letting go, she already has a faint blush on her cheeks. Honestly, did she really hurt her knee that badly that she couldn't get up? Cause she seemed to walk normally at the end of the scene with a bit of support. :D

12. AshsPikachu

AshsPikachu Well-Known Member

Yup I agree, and also Misty has been on the show for 3 regions yet a lot of people still really miss and love her. So if the writers do decide to keep in Serena I don't really think people will have a problem since she's been so well received lately :)

13. Sephora

Sephora yes I'm back

I think she forgot her pain after the semi-hug she got from him ;)

14. taeuknam

serena: ash? i, ummm, like you. a lot.
    ash: i like you too, serena!
    serena: r-really?!
    ash: yeah. and pikachu and clemont and bonnie and-
    everyone: (facepalms)

munchlaxboy likes this.
  15. Ash.mx

Ash.mx Well-Known Member

Lol, pretty much that's what happened. But yeah , the scene itself could be something out of a fanfic (by Pokemon anime standards) honestly, but it still doesn't make Ash look like an Ooc IMO.

16. SacredAsh

SacredAsh Well-Known Member

Can you have feelings for someone if you are not particularly attracted to their looks? Possible but not for most people......Ash actually was attracted to Misty several times in the anime as well when Misty dressed up.Which means at some point the writers will have to at some point make Ash become aware of Serena's looks.

Ash did not have to pull Serena up. He could have offered his hand and just waited which is what usually happens. He could carefully get to her level and help her up.The way he helped her get up was very aggressive. The way he held her hands was like how someone would treat a princess or something.....He could have held her hand normally but instead he held them like they were delicate. Seriously what kind of kid is that noble and princely? What he should be doing is not holding her hands but supporting her with his frame every step of the way. Also no it does not look like her leg is hurt that much which makes the scene all that more ridiculous.

Morning Sun, physical pain does not go away with love . At this point whether Ash is ooc or not is only dictated by the writers. If Ash was not ooc during the flashback that we can also assume that Ash has been nice to all the girls in his childhood and that what Ash did for Serena, he likely did in some other variation for many of the other girls he has met. There is something that goes beyond the normal nice Ash that we have seen all these years and though this is just a personal feeling of mine, it does seem ooc or we would expect a lot more shipping moments throughout the series. Make the argument that young Ash and current Ash are polar opposites and the transformation a devolution but it's not convincing to me.

17. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

ash noticing serena?
    hmm...it may took a lot of time for that to happen

18. nuggetmaster

nuggetmaster A Nugget Master

Hey all! It really has been a while since I've logged in/posted, but jeez. Heard about Ash going to Kalos, and I was expecting the absolute worst after watching some of BW with my little siblings, but… the X and Y anime is actually good! And it's only been seven episodes, and there's soooooo much shippy material between Ash and Serena. Did not see any of this coming at all, but boy, am I glad I'm surprised.

Anywho, just throwing out a quick observation I noticed while watching the last few episodes: Recall Serena reminding Ash about he was always like, "Never giving up till the end"? And how Ash was chuckling all like, "Oh yeah, how'd I forget that?"

If we take into account the latest episode and what happened in it with Ash finally remembering Serena as the Straw Hat girl he helped out that one time at camp, what in the world did he remember back in the beginning of EP 6? He was chuckling a little much to remember just one instance he said, "Never give up till the end", I felt. Did he sort of remember Serena, perhaps? Either that, or I feel like there might be more instances back at camp where Ash and Serena interacted where he said that too, cause… Dunno, it's just my gut feeling. What do you guys think?

19. Master Trainer Empoleon

Master Trainer Empoleon Well-Known Member

I think so. For them to make a huge deal of this, there HAS to be more. I for one, think you're onto something!

20. pixcalibur

Take a cue from Hamtaro, because that's exactly what he would say to any confession, be it "like" or "love." So if you want big time obliviousness, Hamtaro is a good example of that.

Now I don't think Ash is oblivious to that extent, but maybe actually.

Asuka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.