• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash.mx

Wait, shouldn't we use a spoiler tag for those things!?!??

Don't get me wrong, even tough I'd totally support the idea of this shipping becoming as near as canon as possible for Pokemon, I think part of the fun of being a shipper is the speculation , the subtle hints left up in the air for fans to guess, imagining scenarios and that sort of things. Just look how other shipping fandoms remain still, thanks to people having these things to talk about.

I must admit that I wouldn't like if the writers go all out with the romance since the very beginning or making it too blatant at any point in the show , no matter if it is from Ash's side (doubt it) or Serena's, otherwise I think the shipping would dry off very quickly, even in it's confirmed and canon status , since people would just accept it, talk of it for a bit and then move on. There wouldn't be too much to say or discuss.

That said, am I the only one who would like, I don't know, maybe a love rival for Ash or Serena in the mix to spice things up? Who doesn't like triangles? lol.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
please use a spoiler tag if you're going to discuss things from the game. :) some people may not want to be spoiled about gameplay. thank you! I already did so, but just remember for future reference.

Last edited:

aipomadvanceshipper

I think Serena's in the first episode but doesn't get to meet Ash. Just a little introducing serena and seeing her trying to control ryhdon in hef pjs i think i was? and maybe a flashback of Ash. It would be cute if they bump into each other in the end of the first episode and it ends like that with them staring at each other. Or at the end of the first episode Serena finally appears brief flashback of Ash like we saw in the preview. I'm just so excited. A little bit angry that all the previews hardly shows Serena at all. I hope they have a very deep history as childhood friends for them being so brief on the info on Serena.

aloasa

The sound of drums
http://kalos-pkmnacademy.tumblr.com/

As it states your rival in the game develops romantic interest for you. I wonder if they will translate this to the anime with Ash and Serena? Seeing as this is the first time there is romance in a main Pokemon game. Is a plus that they already knew eachother in the anime
sorry for being the bad guy here, It's a good possibility, BUT it could also backfire, hear me out, they say that it will be the "rival" will the the romantic interest, considering that Ash isn't exactly her rival then it may be her real rival in her races...who could be Calem himself tbh, we don't know that yet, so in a way it comes full circle, considering that we have at least 3 advanceshippers here (really need to stop referencing advance in here, geez XD), that we have a new ship that we love, it has obvious hints, yet it can still get destroy with a well place rival, of course in sake for this shipping I hope this does NOT happen...yet in a way it would be interesting to see two guys fight for Serena......we will see when it comes out

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
If they do implement the love interest subplot from the games and Serena does have a crush on Ash, I wonder if it will turn into a gag or something serious. I mean, Serena taking Ash on a date? Just for a filler or something, to reflect on the date thing in game. Idk, Ash may reject or go along with it because he doesn't know what a "date" is but even so, I just can't see it or even hear the word in the anime.

I'd like it to be something similar to Sonic x Amy, if you know the pairing. :p Like Serena/Amy while Ash/Sonic - he goes along with it anyway, just unaware and doesn't really care. I'd like and prefer something like that then.

If Ash and Serena do become a legit canon couple, how do you think all of Ash's old traveling partners and friends would react?

They'd all faint and so would I. xD I think they'd all be speechless but I know Brock would get jealous and Delia would happy and a bit embarrassed.

I just want to see how Serena acts around Ash already, they aren't showing any scenes of her, huh.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think Serena's in the first episode but doesn't get to meet Ash. Just a little introducing serena and seeing her trying to control ryhdon in hef pjs i think i was? and maybe a flashback of Ash. It would be cute if they bump into each other in the end of the first episode and it ends like that with them staring at each other. Or at the end of the first episode Serena finally appears brief flashback of Ash like we saw in the preview. I'm just so excited. A little bit angry that all the previews hardly shows Serena at all. I hope they have a very deep history as childhood friends for them being so brief on the info on Serena.

Well,what I was thinking was it could be like the beginning of the D / P series, only the other way around. We were first introduced to Dawn than an episode later I think we saw Ash again, they added a little subplot for Ash and Brock trying to get Pikachu back from Team Rocket while still seeing what's up with Dawn and they meet for the first time I think in episode three.

I like the idea of what some one else said, she sees Ash on TV on the news and she gets a flashback of Ash and decides to go to that region instead or some thing like that. I don't know what else could happen, I don't think hey'll remember her right away, I'll be shocked if he does cuz that was along time ago and a lots happened to him since than, the reaction should be priceless though.

If they do any type of running gag with this, I could see her flirting with him or giving him hints that she likes him and he'd be clueless as always leaving every one to sigh in disbelief LOL.

Ash fighting for Serena? I kind of like the idea, not ( What's his name again? Sorry, I swear I'll get it sooner or later LOL. ) Aren't they companions, not rivals? Or, did I misunderstand what you said said? If so, sorry. I like the idea of Ash's rival I'd boy fighting with Ash and making him jealous like what kind of happened in the Orange Islands but I would want it to be more obviousXD I don't see that going on but it'd be fun.

Sorry about typing so much, intend do that when talking about this pairing? Just excited I guess. Sorry, I'll try to use spoiler tags as much as possible but don't be surprised if I make mistakes with that every once Ina while as I still don't know ow to work that yetXD

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I would like to see how the new game affects the stance with the anime, as someone pointed out, it would just be watered down, which is kind of sad really, but I would be interested in see that if it was the case, how the writers will go about a crush on Ash and how far they are willing to take it in this series, If Serena does indeed have a crush on Ash, how far will it develop throughout the series, it is pretty obvious that the Pokémon franchise is basically trying many new things so I wouldn't be at all surprised in bringing new things to the anime, it wouldn't hurt them much at all.

now this was answered by BlueDragonFangirl but what are your thoughts on this topic, what kind of running gag would you like to see happen between Ash and Serena

NPT

Just a member
Oh geez, the idea of another boy having a crush on Serena.........It dosen't seems right. I don't want another character like Drew in XY. I think It would be better if another Girl crushes on Ash and Serena gets jealous/hurt, then it makes Ash realize that she likes him.

Last edited:

tzhaa

I too don't think having another boy crushing all over Serena would be good, like Newpokemontrainer pointed out, it would just be Drew mark 2. Since Ash is the dense one having a another girl crush on him and making Serena more open and obvious about her feelings might make him finally realize, that hey, someone has feelings for you.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I agree with you guys. I am not into another guy crushing on Serena. I would rather wish for the opposite where another girl crushes on Ash, and then Serena becomes jealous :p
I don't want them to pull another Ash and Drew like they did in AG, where at first AdvanceShipping was doing well, and then Drew came along and poof! there goes AdvanceShipping. But I love ContestShipping anyways haha

As a muti shipper, there was nothing between May and Drew, Drew to me started to change from how he was in the begining, same as Dawn/Zoey and Ash/Gray, aka character development. I wouldn't take what happened in Battle Frontier seriously. This isn't a romantic series, and the closest thing I can think of feeligs revealed was Kenny (vaugely) to Dawn.

After seeing way too much of it turning into a herem (fic wise), I rather see either both Ash and a boy develop with Serena or Serena and a girl develop with Ash than the other option.

That's my two cents.

Gag? Not much I can think of outside Bonnie going Happy/Mirawith those two are shown close.

Sephora

yes I'm back
As a muti shipper, there was nothing between May and Drew, Drew to me started to change from how he was in the begining, same as Dawn/Zoey and Ash/Gray, aka character development. I wouldn't take what happened in Battle Frontier seriously. This isn't a romantic series, and the closest thing I can think of feeligs revealed was Kenny (vaugely) to Dawn.

After seeing way too much of it turning into a herem (fic wise), I rather see either both Ash and a boy develop with Serena or Serena and a girl develop with Ash than the other option.

I know this isn't a thread about ContestShipping, but are you sure you watched the episodes of AG? Because you wouldn't be saying there was nothing between them otherwise. They were the closest thing to a canon pair we have ever had on the show (way more than Dawn and Kenny imo).

what kind of running gag would you like to see happen between Ash and Serena
Hmmm, this is an interesting question because there are so many possibilities. Maybe Bonnie could always tease Serena that she likes Ash or something.

Graham Aker

I agree with you guys. I am not into another guy crushing on Serena. I would rather wish for the opposite where another girl crushes on Ash, and then Serena becomes jealous :p

The funny thing is, between the main girls the only one that seemed to be paired specifically for him was Misty. They seemed to have created Drew for May, and Kenny for Dawn (to a lesser extent). Shipping was pretty dead in BW, so Iris didn't have any kind of significant hints with anyone.

I do wonder if they'll create an anime only character specifically to push Serena in her goals, eventually becoming a minor "romantic" subplot for her...or if she'll just have a female rival. Right now there are a couple of variables that might "disrupt" this ship. You have the Bonnie thing trying to find a wife for Clemont, and then you have a potential rival.

Serena trying to get his attention in some fashion, only for Ash to take an interest at first, then see a wild Pokemon and run off to battle it. Serena would subsequently faceplant, or sulk comically in a corner. Could be fun, as long as it's not spammed...that be bad.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

The funny thing is, between the main girls the only one that seemed to be paired specifically for him was Misty. They seemed to have created Drew for May, and Kenny for Dawn (to a lesser extent). Shipping was pretty dead in BW, so Iris didn't have any kind of significant hints with anyone.

I do wonder if they'll create an anime only character specifically to push Serena in her goals, eventually becoming a minor "romantic" subplot for her...or if she'll just have a female rival. Right now there are a couple of variables that might "disrupt" this ship. You have the Bonnie thing trying to find a wife for Clemont, and then you have a potential rival.

Serena trying to get his attention in some fashion, only for Ash to take an interest at first, then see a wild Pokemon and run off to battle it. Serena would subsequently faceplant, or sulk comically in a corner. Could be fun, as long as it's not spammed...that be bad.

LOL, If Bonnie gets in the middle I predict a lot of hate from the fandom, more so than Max got in AG or Kenny from D / P XD

Well, all the girls have a rival in the series, her rival liking Ash in that way and making her jealous too :)

Luthor

LOL, If Bonnie gets in the middle I predict a lot of hate from the fandom, more so than Max got in AG or Kenny from D / P XD

Well, all the girls have a rival in the series, her rival liking Ash in that way and making her jealous too :)

i think bonnie will try to get Ash and Serena together. So there are more women for her brother.

BlueDragonfangirl

i think bonnie will try to get Ash and Serena together. So there are more women for her brother.

Well, I like that idea. I kind of hope Bonnie if Serena does figure it out that she notices and kind of teases her about it :)

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think bonnie will do the exact opposite and try and get Serena with his brother

Yeah, she probably will at first xD
But then she'll notice that Serena likes a certain someone *Ash* and not her brother. Then Bonnie will probably try to hook Clemont with other girls, most likley COTDs. This could be a running gag like the Brock thing haha

tzhaa

I'd imagine if she does try and hook Clemont up with random girls it would just end up being a Brock mark 2. To be honest I kinda miss his goofy antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.