• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekar hussy

BestSinceDayOne
so if the shipping translates to love, will there be any love in the anime?
Sorry about my mistake though. I didn't know that it was a french word. Thanx.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
so if the shipping translates to love, will there be any love in the anime?
Sorry about my mistake though. I didn't know that it was a french word. Thanx.

Love ? Well, take your guesses

Here

So tomorrow episode, nothing between the two ?

tekar hussy

BestSinceDayOne
It's not armourshipping but amourshipping. The reasoning behind the name is amour is french for love and seeing how the kalos region is based on France, they thought it was a fitting title.
Actually if you googled the definition it seems like Amour connotes a secretive often sexual love affair in the English language. At the very least the word seems to imply the strong passionate type of love based on the multiple dictionaries that I checked. I assume the french equivalent amour is different and just means the romantic type of love. But we can use the English definition if Ash ever gets a harem ^^.Anyways at this point I highly doubt you are going to be able to get people to change the shipping name seeing how it stuck on with so many people.

so if amour is a french word that stands for love, i am forced to think whether we will see some french love from ash. LOL.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Love ? Well, take your guesses

Here

So tomorrow episode, nothing between the two ?

Well, maybe at least one sided. Serena was at first surprised, then blushing even after just letting go of the hug. Almost appeared to be in a bit of a daze afterwards. Just imagine if you could hear "ba-dump, ba-dump" at that point

I assume not much in XY 8. At least the journey can continue on to explore other stuff. Then again, I don't know what to think anymore. Initially thought XY 7 wasn't going to have much ship tease in it, but it then ends up quite different than I first thought.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Well, maybe at least one sided. Serena was at first surprised, then blushing even after just letting go of the hug. Almost appeared to be in a bit of a daze afterwards. Just imagine if you could hear "ba-dump, ba-dump" at that point

I assume not much in XY 8. At least the journey can continue on to explore other stuff. Then again, I don't know what to think anymore. Initially thought XY 7 wasn't going to have much ship tease in it, but it then ends up quite different than I first thought.

LOL

I wonder, did anyone here watched the special episodes after Johto ? ( With Misty/Tracey/Gary/Casey etc. .. )
A smilar thing happens to Casey where she is rescued by a Childhood (Some pitcher) she almost the same expression as Serena, i found it rather funny.
I think any episode focusing on Serena will have to exist some shipping, she started her journey because of him after all and he is helping her finding her goal.

richardtrainer

charizard trainer
Wow this thread never stops, a couple days i cant check this thread and it grows a lot lol.
so less than a day for next episode right? it looks like this ep is not gonna have any satosere moments, but hey, maybe there will be a hint or tow who knows .
also i don't know if you guys have talk about his but in other Spanish threads they are speculating that there will be a satosere moment in the clemont episode, i have no idea if its true or not, but all we have to do is wait.
now i don't think this will mean anything but i don't know if you guys recall last episode after inkay spray ink in all the cameras in the rhyhorn race, the camera zooms in Serena's worried face while saying satoshi... of course you see bonnie and clemont worried too, but weren't this type of hints we all looked to support shipping in the past? lol i just found it funny they center Serena's face in this part.

SacredAsh

I know that the writers intend to make Serena like Ash but does Serena really like Ash right now in the romantic sense? If we think about it logically, can 1 small event like that really leave that deep of an impression on Serena? And even if that is the case, Ash has changed significantly from back then. Yes he still lives by the "never give up" motto but does Serena really have such strong attraction even without knowing the current Ash well? Often times in real life such feelings fade away with such a long time gap.

PokeHero96

Wow this thread never stops, a couple days i cant check this thread and it grows a lot lol.
so less than a day for next episode right? it looks like this ep is not gonna have any satosere moments, but hey, maybe there will be a hint or tow who knows .
also i don't know if you guys have talk about his but in other Spanish threads they are speculating that there will be a satosere moment in the clemont episode, i have no idea if its true or not, but all we have to do is wait.
now i don't think this will mean anything but i don't know if you guys recall last episode after inkay spray ink in all the cameras in the rhyhorn race, the camera zooms in Serena's worried face while saying satoshi... of course you see bonnie and clemont worried too, but weren't this type of hints we all looked to support shipping in the past? lol i just found it funny they center Serena's face in this part.

I know right!!!!!!!!
and really ?? I wonder what kind of moments they'll have, I know Clemont and Bonnie will with worrying about the gym/dad, so maybe Serena tours Ash around town, she did say she wants to check out cloths/sweet shops, excitement!!!

Sephora

yes I'm back
I know that the writers intend to make Serena like Ash but does Serena really like Ash right now in the romantic sense? If we think about it logically, can 1 small event like that really leave that deep of an impression on Serena? And even if that is the case, Ash has changed significantly from back then. Yes he still lives by the "never give up" motto but does Serena really have such strong attraction even without knowing the current Ash well? Often times in real life such feelings fade away with such a long time gap.

Three things:
1) I really question whether you have seen XY007 or not. There is no doubt that Serena has a crush on Satoshi. And if that episode still did not convince you, I don't know what will. If she doesn't like him in the romantic sense then damn that is some admiration going on there lol
2) Yes, one event can lead to infatuation. You cannot compare real life to anime
3) Satoshi has not changed significantly from the past. Serena even points that out. I don't know why you think that Satoshi helping Serena when they were younger is OOC. He has always been that way: selfless, determined, and kind.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

Yes, it can. What may seem insignificant to us it can be very special for others.

Let's see in that way: Serena didn't want to go to the camp, but was forced to go against her will. She ends up lost, startled by a Poliwag and hurt, after who knows what else. And then, someone comes and selfessly helps her and takes her back to the campsite. Due to that she was so touched by this boy's altruism that she had a crush at first sight, which probably was the only good thing about her experience at the camp.

Nothing too strange. Who wouldn't be grateful and fond to (probably) the only friend you had during a terrible moment? And besides, are we really applying real life logic to a cartoon?

EDIT: Oh, well... Morning Sun preceded me. :p

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Three things:
1) I really question whether you have seen XY007 or not. There is no doubt that Serena has a crush on Satoshi. And if that episode still did not convince you, I don't know what will. If she doesn't like him in the romantic sense then damn that is some admiration going on there lol
2) Yes, one event can lead to infatuation. You cannot compare real life to anime
3) Satoshi has not changed significantly from the past. Serena even points that out. I don't know why you think that Satoshi helping Serena when they were younger is OOC. He has always been that way: selfless, determined, and kind.

Wondering if Serena not having a father figure (wow that is new), possible helped her current attraction by Ash. I mean she was saved by a male who came to her while hurt. It would be nice to see some Freud under her love, he did write about how our love life was determined in the own person childhood.
Maybe it is a very random ramble lol.

And besides, are we really applying real life logic to a cartoon?
ups.

Wolfheart

Three things:

To add on to it, I still have a hunch that the writers haven't revealed all of the flash back.

Queequeg

face it, satoshi is serena's shining knight in armour. There will probably a similar event later on this series where he saves her and they realize their growing love for each other (and kiss hopefully). But they are destined for each other.

Last edited:

Ash.mx

Let's see in that way: Serena didn't want to go to the camp, but was forced to go against her will. She ends up lost, startled by a Poliwag and hurt, after who knows what else. And then, someone comes and selfessly helps her and takes her back to the campsite. Due to that she was so touched by this boy's altruism that she had a crush at first sight, which probably was the only good thing about her experience at the camp.

Nothing too strange. Who wouldn't be grateful and fond to (probably) the only friend you had during a terrible moment?

This.

And besides, are we really applying real life logic to a cartoon?

and THIS.

I think some people are really clinging to the past, everyone should know by now that the writing in Pokemon is far from perfect, but it's kind of understandable when the writers are very limited by the nature of the show . Now that they got some liberties regarding shipping stuff ( and who knows what else) people just don't like it.

I don't understand them really, they complain Ash doesn't age, but if he shows the slightiest sign of character development they say its OOC... But I think it's kind of expected, I guess those in denial would say that if it doesn't include their fav shipping. And people shouldn't be so quickly to judge their relation/chemistry, saying other girls' are better and deeper, when XY is just starting and we have not seen too much of that yet. As Cyber said, only difference is that Serena is being written as a potential love interest for Ash from the get-go, there's nothing more to it. But no one can deny it gives this shipping an edge over others.

I must sound as a broken record by now, but I say we should wait till the end of the series and enjoy( or not) what we have/get, and after all is said and done, then we may form our opinion about if the writers took the right decision or not with this. Simple as that.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
face it, satoshi is serena's shining knight in armour. There will probably a similar event later on this series where he saves her and they realize their growing love for each other (and kill hopefully). But they are destined for each other.

I guess you could put it that way. Interesting the way he holds her hand rather gently. You'd think if she really hurt her leg, she'd be limping as Ash helped her back to camp. Maybe she's just too focused on Ash's nice gesture and whatever other thoughts are going through her head at that moment.

Even if it's only one event, if it made a big impact on someone's life, not going to forget that very easily. And even then, only takes a small trigger to recall that whole event.

SacredAsh

Three things:

1. I certainly did watch ep 7. In fact I watched it at least 5 times mainly for the hug part though but I did watch through the whole episode that many times as well with several different subs. Perhaps the better question is will Serena continue liking Ash? Serena has not spend a great amount of time with Ash. You can't say she understands Ash just from one event. I mean if some random stranger guy did something nice for you, will you fall heads over heels for him and even several years later?
2. Something tells me you don't watch anime a lot. You will be surprised at the number of animes that mirror real life and try to tell realistic stories. I get that pokemon is in the fantasy realm but I don't think it's wrong to look at the human interaction in pokemon through real life lens. I think this kind of one time flashback event leading to present day infatuation would be played for laughs in a lot of animes as well.
3. Yeah that part of Ash has stayed the same. But that's not what only makes up Ash. It's not just the good qualities that only make up Ash but the bad qualities as well. Serena has not spend enough time with him yet. That's why I want to see in a future episode, Serena seeing the other sides of Ash and her reaction as well. At least in that way, we will know that Serena has come to know Ash very well.

I don't understand them really, they complain Ash doesn't age, but if he shows the slightiest sign of character development they say its OOC... But I think it's kind of expected, I guess those in denial would say that if it doesn't include their fav shipping.
actually no.......at least I don't complain Ash doesn't age.... In fact I did see character development in x and y. I don't think anyone makes the argument that slight signs of character development=OOC. That's a stupid and pretty paradoxical argument to make. OOC is what happens when a character acts in a way that is totally unexpected to us the audience. If there was character development, then we wouldn't find it unexpected at all. The only exception is when certain circumstances forces the character to act out of character. There is character development when Ash maturely said to Pansy's sister that he will be back for a rematch. And when we see him pondering over his loss, that's character development. In the early beginning we got Ash crying or getting really upset and angry. Few years later, he is no longer as visibly upset but still retains some angsty thoughts that he makes known through his monologues. And now,Ash is taking his loss like a mature trainer using that as motivation to train harder. Not only that, it seems like he is really thinking about why he lost from a technical standpoint and is trying to think of new strategies. That really shocked me and I think Ash has become a lot more mature and calm.

In fact I know what my problem is. It's not the pairing itself because I quite like it but the fact that it's so much more shoujish than shonenish. I rather see romance from a shonen angle because at its very core, pokemon is a shonen anime.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Alright, that's ok now. We have our own viewpoints on things. No real right or wrong way to interpret what's currently going on. At this early stage in XY, anything goes. Maybe towards the end we can get a better idea of where the series will head off to.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
1. I certainly did watch ep 7. In fact I watched it at least 5 times mainly for the hug part though but I did watch through the whole episode that many times as well with several different subs. Perhaps the better question is will Serena continue liking Ash? Serena has not spend a great amount of time with Ash. You can't say she understands Ash just from one event. I mean if some random stranger guy did something nice for you, will you fall heads over heels for him and even several years later?

Depends of the situation. But yes, it's very possible to fall in love with a stranger and yes, it's possible that she will continue liking him even after finding out about his flaws. Just look at the various thousands of movies that revolve around that if you need an example. You know, movies about the so called "fateful encounter" or "bolt of lightening", where people manage to find their twin souls during their first encounters. Well, the same happened here.

2. Something tells me you don't watch anime a lot. You will be surprised at the number of animes that mirror real life and try to tell realistic stories. I get that pokemon is in the fantasy realm but I don't think it's wrong to look at the human interaction in pokemon through real life lens. I think this kind of one time flashback event leading to present day infatuation would be played for laughs in a lot of animes as well.

But here it wasn't played for laughs. It was an exploration of Serena's character and her link with Ash. The only thing played for laughs was Ash's confusion after she narrated their backstory and the fact that he forgot her.

3. Yeah that part of Ash has stayed the same. But that's not what only makes up Ash. It's not just the good qualities that only make up Ash but the bad qualities as well. Serena has not spend enough time with him yet. That's why I want to see in a future episode, Serena seeing the other sides of Ash and her reaction as well. At least in that way, we will know that Serena has come to know Ash very well.

She will surely find out about things like his extreme denseness and whatnot, but Ash doesn't have any terrible flaw. He isn't mean, egotistical or similar stuff, after all. He has his share of normal flaws, just like virtually anyone else.

But even if she finds out about them, it isn't a guarantee that she will stop with her crush. She can still love him for his altruistic and brave nature.

In fact I know what my problem is. It's not the pairing itself because I quite like it but the fact that it's so much more shoujish than shonenish. I rather see romance from a shonen angle because at its very core, pokemon is a shonen anime.

So? I don't see what's wrong in using different perspectives. In fact that's something that I really appreciated, since it lets out much more emotion and feels. I don't think the scene would have been as powerful without the "fairy tale" music and setting.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

But what "bad" qualities does Ash really have, other than his density, which in of itself...is not really a "bad" quality. It's a innocent character trait.

If anything, Serena will just move on given Ash might not give her the attention she wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.