• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredAsh

Lol, I don't think any of us actually believe Ash and Serena will get together. Ash doesn't feel the same way about Serena, the way she feels about him. Therein lies the problem. He doesn't see her as anything more than a friend (eventual "Best Friend"). She see's him as someone very special to her. I'm sure Ash will eventually get really close to her, but even then I don't really expect Ash to return her feelings given, he's just not interested in romance or girls. I'm just enjoying the ride. They are certainly making it entertaining with all the little things we've gotten so far.

This is actually the best response I have gotten in a while. But there is one thing you are wrong about and that is many people here DO actually believe Ash and Serena will get together even against what the past seasons of Pokemon has shown us and the general nature of the show. No one has been like look, dawn x ash is gonna happen. I'm sure of it. Dawn and Ash are gonna have 3 kids, Dawn is gonna be a world famous pokemon coordinator and Ash is gonna be the pokemon champion. Gonna bet everything that dawn x ash will prevail against all odds. If they did, then they would have been pretty stupid. Look at the pearlshipping now. It's much more subdued but people are much more reasonable in their expectations. They just HOPE that dawn x ash will become canon and that's about it. Pretty respectable if you ask me. And best friend is a pretty weighty title. Can anyone tell me if May,Dawn or Iris were referred to as best friends by Ash in the series? I really forgot. I did recall Ash telling Misty she was his best friend at the time of their parting. But Ash and Serena are gonna get really really close!!! That must mean Ash will love Serena back!!! BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF LOVE, IN THE POWER OF AMOUR!!! >.>

On another note, is it wrong to want continuity even with the changing of directors? How different can we expect x&y to be? I mean x&y is not pokemon GX or some spinoff.

Rewile

Banned
It's not far'fetched. I've talked to some people IRL, that aren't certain yet that it's 100% a crush. But I think that mainly has to do with the nature of the show, and history Ash has with not noticing girls.

Haha, "far'fetched". No but just tell them to discard the previous series. New director, new animation, etc. Secondly as much as I want this ship to happen (you have no idea) we can't say it's 100% probable since it hasn't been confirmed. I believe it's 95% and I want her to have a crush and I believe that she does. And stop trying to avoid me and reply to my previous argument!
Rabel.

Master Trainer Empoleon

SacredAsh is an upset Pokeshipper. Nothing to really see here folks.

I haven't been this excited for a pokemon series since the beginning of BW and of course, we all know how much of a flop that was. I'm expecting a few hints here and there on tomorrow's episode.

Reactions: NPT

Sephora

yes I'm back
It's not far'fetched. I've talked to some people IRL, that aren't certain yet that it's 100% a crush. But I think that mainly has to do with the nature of the show, and history Ash has with not noticing girls.

If they don't think it's a crush, then what could it possibly be lol? When he helped her up in the flashback, she had blush marks on her cheeks clearly an indicator that she felt something towards him at that point. Then fast forward into the future and she is blushing like crazy around him. I dunno, it seems like a crush to me :p

I got that vibe myself haha

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

Pokemon is not some kind of show with tons of hidden messages. It's a quite straightforward show, since it has to be understandable by kids.

Blushes are often associated with embarrassment or crushes. I highly doubt it is something else, especially with that really evident and deep blush. If it really wasn't a crush, then the blush would have been way more subtle (probably the classic little red lines), like with the other shippings.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I saw this cute fanart, and I had to share it with you guys! :)

[IMG139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/11ce35e11fb780301869f49158cc20d4/tumblr_mwx5dlacqL1r7banto1_500.jpg[/IMG139]

(SOURCE)

Rewile

Banned

[IMG139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/11ce35e11fb780301869f49158cc20d4/tumblr_mwx5dlacqL1r7banto1_500.jpg[/IMG139]

(SOURCE)

This is what I mean by this! These hints are too much to handle man! And all the support coming in from various ppl! All the fanarts! I even know ppl who came back to Pokemon just for this! If the writers back down on this after so much....I hate to even think about it!

Actually if you do think about it would pretty much be as if they were signing their own graves. (This isn't a threat btw! So don't ban me again plz, I don't think I can survive another week!)

Graham Aker

Don't label people. He's said he likes the Amour, he's just analyzing thoroughly like me. XD

Edit: lol if someone diagrees with my view on the ship, don't be childish and leave a neg rep calling me a "moron". Be respectful.

Last edited:

nicholasbloom

yeah but he has his view on the situation and we have ours although your right about serena's feelings for him and even though pokemon is aimed toward kids the stuff the new director is doing with the xy series is shocking since its the first time pokemon has done something like this

Rewile

Banned
Don't label people. He's said he likes the Amour, he's just analyzing thoroughly like me. XD

Edit: lol if someone diagrees with my view on the ship, don't be childish and leave a neg rep calling me a "moron". Be respectful.

That's right. He's a supporter like all of us, he just wants to see it through and try to get rid of any doubt in order to find certainty. But seriously stop avoiding my replies and answer to me or at least admit that I am better than you in every way and that you lost!

Sephora

yes I'm back
So apparently XY007 is the most watched XY episode so far with a rating of 5.8!
I guess adding romance was a clever thing the writers did ;)

Rewile

Banned

Yup, so that means that they're going to keep doing it until their ratings are healed. I'm just afraid...

Afraid that once they do get their ratings back up, they'll turn evil again and decide to turn us into their female dogs. Hopefully this won't be the case since we have a new director and all and that they must have learned their lessons on not to f*** with the viewers. Seriously if this ship doesn't happen there will be chaos.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

It seems so. I wouldn't be surprised if the episodes dedicated to Ash and Serena were the most viewed.

Hm... it really seems that the show lacked some romance, if that's a proof.

Rewile

Banned
It seems so. I wouldn't be surprised if the episodes dedicated to Ash and Serena were the most viewed.

Hm... it really seems that the show lacked some romance, if that's a proof.

It's what most ppl are here for. Romance is awesome, especially when it involves your childhood anime hero and a pretty girl. I would be surprised if they didn't make it official, in fact I'd probably cry....cut myself......kill- nah but I doubt it.

Graham Aker

Alright, I'll bite.

Chill out! We don't know that for sure! Even if it's not they can still have Serena travel with him, who knows maybe the future of this anime will break the previous trends. Like I suggested drink some chocolate milk! Enjoy the ride, expect it to end well, so far they've given us way too many hints to back out now. If they did, it would be like a huge "FU" to us all and if it wasn't bad enough their ratings are already damaged enough. People like romance! Even when I was 7 watching Pokemon I wanted Ash and Misty to...you know...do it.... now I see all these shipping hints between Ash and Serena, what i'm saying is that it's too much man.

You seem to be under the impression the writers really give a crap about us, and will cater to us...thus making the ship canon. Sorry to break it to you, but that just isn't the reality of the TV show. They do whatever they want.

The Ash x Serena thing is cute, yes. I like the ship alot, yes. It got alot more people back into the show considering it was a new idea. But the reality of the fact is, this ship will at the very most stay one-sided canon. Hoping for Ash to return a girls feelings, and for them to kiss or w/e is like hoping Pikachu will evolve. They are still 10, they have their whole lives ahead of them. XD

Rewile

Banned
Alright, I'll bite.

You seem to be under the impression the writers really give a crap about us, and will cater to us...thus making the ship canon. Sorry to break it to you, but that just isn't the reality of the TV show. They do whatever they want.

The Ash x Serena thing is cute, yes. I like the ship alot, yes. It got alot more people back into the show considering it was a new idea. But the reality of the fact is, this ship will at the very most stay one-sided canon. Hoping for Ash to return a girls feelings, and for them to kiss or w/e is like hoping Pikachu will evolve. They are still 10, they have their whole lives ahead of them. XD

Did you drink the chocolate milk I asked you to drink? First of all it's not like they have a choice to not pay attention to us, they're not in position to say "Here at Pokemon, the viewer is always our b***h."

Secondly if they're not going to do it then what's the point in building it up so much? Just to f**k with us later on? No, they're in no position to do that and I doubt that the writers are those kinds of people. This is the first time a pokemon series has ever pushed it this far, so what's to say it won't happen? I don't even expect a kiss on the lips, at least on the cheek like in the movies. And what's wrong with a kiss seriously!? It's not like having Pikachu evolve because if Pikachu did evolve it would sadden the majority of the audience, on the other hand if Ash and Serena kissed it would make everyone squeal like little girls. So they're not the same don't even dare comparing them! And it hasn't been said anywhere if they're still 10 and even if they were what's the problem? It's like saying there can't be any love in one's youth! There is no age for it! Even Naruto kissed Sasuke when he was 12......sheet....

Now go drink the chocolate milk I asked you to earlier if you haven't already. If you don't have any, then go buy some!

Oh yeah and if you're not expecting them to end up together then what are you doing here lol.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I don't know. I think that there would be a huge backslash if everything turns out to be just one big cheap red herring. People would definitely lose most, if not all, their interest if the producers troll us with all those hints and tease.

I know, it sounds really unlikely to see something done due to the fact that, eh, this is Pokemon. However, would they really risk that much? Is it really worth the price to hype everything just to let everybody down?

For the first time, I feel that they may actually dare and take a step further. With that I'm not saying that Ash will be lovesick or whatnot, but he may start showing some really subtle hints. I don't know... maybe I'm thinking too much into that, but everything is starting to take a different and unique direction. Having doubts is fine, but I think that we should be ready to expect the unexpected. Who knows, they may actually surprise us for once.

Ash.mx

I told you, ratings would come eventually. ; )

This is actually the best response I have gotten in a while. But there is one thing you are wrong about and that is many people here DO actually believe Ash and Serena will get together even against what the past seasons of Pokemon has shown us and the general nature of the show. No one has been like look, dawn x ash is gonna happen. I'm sure of it. Dawn and Ash are gonna have 3 kids, Dawn is gonna be a world famous pokemon coordinator and Ash is gonna be the pokemon champion. Gonna bet everything that dawn x ash will prevail against all odds. If they did, then they would have been pretty stupid. Look at the pearlshipping now. It's much more subdued but people are much more reasonable in their expectations. They just HOPE that dawn x ash will become canon and that's about it. Pretty respectable if you ask me. And best friend is a pretty weighty title. Can anyone tell me if May,Dawn or Iris were referred to as best friends by Ash in the series? I really forgot. I did recall Ash telling Misty she was his best friend at the time of their parting. But Ash and Serena are gonna get really really close!!! That must mean Ash will love Serena back!!! BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF LOVE, IN THE POWER OF AMOUR!!! >.>

Man, what did you expect? this is the Amourshipping thread after all lol, isn't that why these threads exist? I'm not going into other shipping threads and tell them to stop talking about how they want their pairing to end up together, becuase as you said, its only matter of opinion, so why be so picky about it? Let fans talk ,speculate and imagining scenarios and that sort of things. Nothing wrong with a debate from time to time mind you, but If you don't like those type of comments, well, I don't mean to be rude, but maybe you shouldn't come here in the first place. And I won't deny people here have reasons to be excited about it.

Fanart*

(SOURCE)

Gotta love Cyaneko's works... and gotta love how I'm trying to stay cool headed, and then I see something like that or the flashback and then :
[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/R_Srav/tumblr_mbrnautP5N1r2mgd4.gif[/IMG139]

lol.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
Did you drink the chocolate milk I asked you to drink? First of all it's not like they have a choice to not pay attention to us, they're not in position to say "Here at Pokemon, the viewer is always our b***h."

Secondly if they're not going to do it then what's the point in building it up so much? Just to f**k with us later on? No, they're in no position to do that and I doubt that the writers are those kinds of people. This is the first time a pokemon series has ever pushed it this far, so what's to say it won't happen? I don't even expect a kiss on the lips, at least on the cheek like in the movies. And what's wrong with a kiss seriously!? It's not like having Pikachu evolve because if Pikachu did evolve it would sadden the majority of the audience, on the other hand if Ash and Serena kissed it would make everyone squeal like little girls. So they're not the same don't even dare comparing them! And it hasn't been said anywhere if they're still 10 and even if they were what's the problem? It's like saying there can't be any love in one's youth! There is no age for it! Even Naruto kissed Sasuke when he was 12......sheet....

Now go drink the chocolate milk I asked you to earlier if you haven't already. If you don't have any, then go buy some!

Oh yeah and if you're not expecting them to end up together then what are you doing here lol.

Wow, please relax. I support this ship so much and it is my OTP but I too still think a kiss is unlikely. People can have opinions without others lashing out at them. Keep in mind that the writers do whatever they deem fit; they could care less about what others want. If they want to make Amour canon, it will be. If not, then they won't. Simple as that.
Also, what is up with you and chocolate milk? LOL

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY

You are coming off as very disrespectful. I don't know if that's the tone you're going for or not, but it is coming out very condescending. This thread was going very smoothly with little to no tension, and you seem to be causing a bit of aggravation here.

I believe Graham Aker brings up valid points. And believe or not, the writers have built up ships. Many times. And none have happened. Albeit this one is really pushing it early on, but we can't get so confident in it just yet. I really do think it will work out, but you have to accept that there is a good chance that things will not turn out the way we hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.