• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredAsh

1. If you did watch episode 7, then how do you doubt she has a crush on him? I just don't get it. Even non-shippers have noticed so I don't know why you keep denying it :/
And yes, believe it or not, but one event can lead to a crush. Hard as that is for you to grasp. First impressions are more important/significant than you think.
2. Again, you are wrong. I have watched anime, and while there are aspects of real life, it is still an anime. Therefore, saying something doesn't make sense because "it can't happen in real life" is not a valid argument.
3. Obviously Serena does not know everything about Satoshi, but the actions of Satoshi when he was little is not OOC. I bet his older self would have helped someone in need just as quickly. Also keep in mind that we don't know much about Satoshi and his past. Claiming someone is OOC when you don't even know their whole characterl does not make sense.
Also, what kind of flaw can Satoshi possibly possess that will make Serena stop liking him? You make it sound like Satoshi is evil on the inside or something lol.
But I agree at how you thought Satoshi's actions were unexpected. Heck, I was very surprised when he lifted Serena up ^^

Everyone has flaws. And the ones you pointed out about Satoshi are not very blatant compared to his good sides. Plus Satoshi's anger is very rare and you cannot deny that. You cannot possibly expect him not to lose his cool once in awhile.
Plus I doubt the more Serena gets to know him, the less she will like him. Every person (be it in the cast or a recurring character) who spends more and more time with Satoshi get to like him better. Heck, even Paul became nice to him in the end. Also, the writers want to glorify the main character and make others like him, not the opposite. They won't reduce him in other's eyes.
Whether this ship becomes canon or not, I don't think Serena will stop liking him to be honest. Satoshi's character overall is too heroic for that to happen. He embodies every characteristic that a hero possesses by being brave, selfless and kind. Sure he may get angered once in awhile, but HA, who doesn't?

1) I have a bit of doubt but for the most part I don't deny Serena's crush towards Ash is one sided canon at this moment. I was merely entertaining thoughts on how convincing the directors made it. It doesn't take much thinking to see that, that Serena fell hard for Ash. But just because the directors tell you something and said this must be so means that it's convincing and well done. I am just expressing my distaste for how the directors went about it.
2) "Therefore, saying something doesn't make sense because "it can't happen in real life" is not a valid argument. " Yes it is a valid argument because I hold the human interaction in pokemon to real life standards. To prove otherwise would require the show explicitly lay out the rules for human conduct in the pokemon world. Based on everything that I have seen in pokemon, the human characters in pokemon act the same way as they do in real life. To clarify, I do not owe the writers the suspension of belief because not once in pokemon was it referenced that pokemon trainers act differently in the pokemon world than in the real world. Their world may be different but the characters themselves are still very human.
3) I've already said this in a previous post. Yes flashback is a device that allows writers to escape making a character ooc especially when we don't know much about said character's history. I will concede that I am not right to say Ash's actions in the flashback were ooc but merely much of a surprise to me. I don't think anyone would ever dream of such a scenario as what we saw in the flashback before ep 7. It has more to do with the nature of the show than Ash's character. Actually thinking back one time Ash rescued Macy and Macy developed a crush on him during the Silver Conference league. But you know during that moment, Ash did not treat Macy like a princess and there was no romantic music :(. I wonder if Macy still retains her crush on Ash. No one remembers Macy anymore. It's probably because she's nowhere as pretty as Serena T_T. Though Macy was really gutsy. She even wanted to go on a date with Ash and I think even asked him or something. Of course that didn't amount to anything.

Paul respected Ash in the end because Ash beat him with his skill and determination. I don't get the impression Paul likes Ash as a person but he has a lot of respect for Ash seeing how Ash got Chimchar so strong even though Paul initially released it because it was so weak. Also yea I think Serena won't stop likng Ash. I just want to see Serena's reaction like oh.....wow Ash can be very short tempered can't he..? Or wow i never saw this side of him or something. I don't agree with Ash having no flaws or that the writers , by wanting to glorify him, made him the perfect saint. I like Ash's character. He is heroic, I think every pokemon movie showed that.He is the underdog that a lot of people look up to. He's not a particularly talented or strong trainer but he never gives up. He's almost like Naruto lol. He has his flaws and moments when he's depressed and pathetic but he always rises to the occasion and destroys the expectation of those that don't expect much from him. He's a challenger as aptly put in the X&Y opening lyrics.

sighs again.......let's just agree to disagree Morning Sun. You are a reasonable person. Let's just admit we have differing perspectives and end this back and forth argument. It's really draining my energy and I'm sure I probably reiterated the same thing a billion times. Be that it may, I don't think what I said has been wrong to me and you are not gonna be convincing me and I'm not gonna be convincing you so let the rest of the forum read our posts and take it for what they will/judge it the way they see fit.

Graham Aker, we are like on the same wavelength now lol. Yes the pokemon directors don't care about us at all. I mean if you know anything about anime, the best people to cater to would be to late night otakus who burn through their wallets by buying 100 copies of the same blu ray discs. It's not like like catering to us would bring a lot of money seeing how the anime is only surviving due to the popularity of the franchise and serves the role of introducing little kids to pokemon. Dude I like every single pokemon shipping. I like Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping and yes even Negaishipping....>.> Amourshipping isn't any different for me. Of course I have my favorite shipping but I just want Ash to get some action. It could be Ash x Jessie and I would still be down with it. Did you guys missed the part where I said I watched ep 7 5 times just for the hug and why else would I spend so much time on here? People are giving negative reputation to you if you disagree in the slightest.I feel your pain Graham Aker.

Last edited:

AshLookalikeCasey

The Ash x Serena thing is cute, yes. I like the ship alot, yes. It got alot more people back into the show considering it was a new idea. But the reality of the fact is, this ship will at the very most stay one-sided canon. Hoping for Ash to return a girls feelings, and for them to kiss or w/e is like hoping Pikachu will evolve. They are still 10, they have their whole lives ahead of them. XD

And therein lies the problem partly. I mean yes it is a show aimed at the younger audience but it wouldn't hurt for Ash to age a little. By now (if a year goes by each time he finishes traveling a region, he should be somewhere between 14-16).

But to stay on topic, I believe the writers do care about their viewers because the major majority of viewers are the biggest fans of Pokemon since the franchise first came to America in 1997-98. I am not complaining about anything in the anime that I have seen since it first aired but I wouldn't mind seeing something new, something fresh. I would love to see some romance in the anime, especially between Ash and Serena. I mean as long as they have to be 10 (and stay 10, but hopefully after this season he'll turn 11), their relationship can be innocent... They can still act like normal around each other while still aware of how they feel about each other and making cute exchanges of love. A hug here, a kiss on the cheek there, innocent stuff like that.

This is my opinion though and I respect everyone else's opinion, so please don't hate on little ol' me? :D

terra1396

Well we have been getting various hints and the ride is quite enjoyable but I'll still try to keep my expectations low. I personally think Serena's crush is canon, at this point after all that it would be a troll if it weren't but Ash liking her back right now isn't likely but who knows what can happen in this series so let's wait and see.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Gotta love Cyaneko's works... and gotta love how I'm trying to stay cool headed and be objective, and then I see something like this or the flashback :
[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/R_Srav/tumblr_mbrnautP5N1r2mgd4.gif[/IMG139]

lol.

Hahaha, I wonder if that's what XY 7 did to a lot of people. Just cracking up at getting buried under all that stuff.

Ok, gotta step back a bit now. Everyone can have his/her own opinion on things, some can be more passionate than others about whatever they believe in, and that's all fine. Just gotta make sure that you're not trying to impose your opinions on top of someone else's opinion and being condescending about it. Remember that almost all of what's going to happen later on we have no control over. Whatever happens will happen, but that shouldn't stop the casual discussions going on here. Just stay open to what other people say and not take it too personally or anything like that.

Last edited:

Rewile

Banned
Alright that's enough! I tried to be nice! I tried to not get myself banned once again! But I see there is no choice now, I was a sacrifice all along..

Why can't there be romance in Pokemon!? Is it bad for two children to be together!? You are not the writers so don't decide for them. This might finally be the turning point in the series and instead some of you decide to deny it! I respect your opinion and all that but use a little bit of brain work! Disney movies had romance, Avatar had romance even between little kids and people liked it! This is so ridiculous, that one person thinks that there can't be any romantic interaction between kids in a kid show. Hear yourself for a bit! And you ignore the fact that this series differs from the rest and automatically go to assume that "there won't be anything because it never happened before!".

The series is set in France! Ash represents the colour blue, Serena is pink! They've known each other since the start of the series! None of these things had ever been done before! It's way too many hints but instead of having optimism some of you just go "I don't expect anything since it's Pokemon". So what if it's Pokemon? Naruto is mainly action, DBZ, and even One Piece had bits of romance in it!

And the fact that it's a kids show...won't bother explaining, if I could figure it out then anyone can.

I'm not implying that I am correct, I am simply basing all my assumptions off common sense. I look past beyond the fact that it's a kids show, that they might still be 10 (and it hasn't even been confirmed if they still but some if not most of you automatically go to assume that they are and this is what I mean, and even if they were still 10 so what young love is great!), the fact it's never happened before. Do that as well!

Sephora

yes I'm back

I agree with the points you made, just not the "it can't happen in real life therefore it doesn't make sense" stance. Yes they are humans, but this is an anime. You don't see kids jumping off towers to save their pets. Ahh, regardless, we can agree to disagree. I will respect your opinions nevertheless ^^

alright that's enough! I tried to be nice! I tried to get myself banned once again! But i see there is no choice now, i was a sacrifice all along..

Why can't there be romance in pokemon!? Is it bad for two children to be together!? You are not the writers so don't decide for them. This might finally be the turning point in the series and instead some of you decide to deny it! I respect your opinion and all that but use a little bit of brain work! Disney movies had romance, avatar had romance even between little kids and people liked it! This is so ridiculous, that one person thinks that there can't be any romantic interaction between kids in a kid show. Hear yourself for a bit! And you ignore the fact that this series differs from the rest and automatically go to assume that "there won't be anything because it never happened before!".

The series is set in france! Ash represents the colour blue, serena is pink! They've known each other since the start of the series! None of these things had ever been done before! It's way too many hints but instead of having optimism some of you just go "i don't expect anything since it's pokemon". So what if it's pokemon? Naruto is mainly action, dbz, and even one piece had bits of romance in it!

And the fact that it's a kids show...won't bother explaining, if i could figure it out then anyone can.

I'm not implying that i am correct, i am simply basing all my assumptions off common sense. I look past beyond the fact that it's a kids show, that they might still be 10 (and it hasn't even been confirmed if they still but some if not most of you automatically go to assume that they are and this is what i mean, and even if they were still 10 so what young love is great!), the fact it's never happened before. Do that as well!

omg.
Do not take shipping too seriously. Everyone is just trying to tell you that.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Alright that's enough! I tried to be nice! I tried to not get myself banned once again! But I see there is no choice now, I was a sacrifice all along..

Why can't there be romance in Pokemon!? Is it bad for two children to be together!? You are not the writers so don't decide for them. This might finally be the turning point in the series and instead some of you decide to deny it! I respect your opinion and all that but use a little bit of brain work! Disney movies had romance, Avatar had romance even between little kids and people liked it! This is so ridiculous, that one person thinks that there can't be any romantic interaction between kids in a kid show. Hear yourself for a bit! And you ignore the fact that this series differs from the rest and automatically go to assume that "there won't be anything because it never happened before!".

The series is set in France! Ash represents the colour blue, Serena is pink! They've known each other since the start of the series! None of these things had ever been done before! It's way too many hints but instead of having optimism some of you just go "I don't expect anything since it's Pokemon". So what if it's Pokemon? Naruto is mainly action, DBZ, and even One Piece had bits of romance in it!

And the fact that it's a kids show...won't bother explaining, if I could figure it out then anyone can.

I'm not implying that I am correct, I am simply basing all my assumptions off common sense. I look past beyond the fact that it's a kids show, that they might still be 10 (and it hasn't even been confirmed if they still but some if not most of you automatically go to assume that they are and this is what I mean, and even if they were still 10 so what young love is great!), the fact it's never happened before. Do that as well!

Look man, I have watched Pokemon since 1998, when I was three years old. I know this series inside and out, as much as anyone.

Based on the history of the series, this ship will not come to fruition.

HOWEVER, based on the direction that this new director is taking, the ship seems promising.

We have no idea whether this will work out or not. To be honest, I'm at around 60-40 that something will happen. So yes, I am a believer in AmourShipping. But I am also trying to be realistic.

But you just have to look at this series. For SIXTEEN YEARS they didn't put a single relationship into the show. As much of the "new direction" that there, you cannot just deny all of the years that happened before and forget that the past fifteen years ever happened.

It most certainly could happen, though. I won't deny it. This new director has got some cool ideas. BUT, you can't just automatically assume that it is going to happen. We have sixteen years and 800 other episodes to tell us otherwise.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing

Uh, ok now... I'm gonna take a neutral stance on this.

Pokemon is just a cartoon show for people to enjoy watching. As I mentioned, it's ok to be passionate about the show and really like it. But no need to take offence if other people have different opinions from your opinion. We're not trying to say who's right and who's wrong or anything like that. There's a whole spectrum of opinions that can be put on the table.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Ok, I think that's enough. Let's everybody just keep our expectations low.

If nothing happens, then we won't have wasted our hopes for nothing. If something indeed happens, then we'll be twice as happy. Don't you think?

Rewile

Banned
Look man, I have watched Pokemon since 1998, when I was three years old. I know this series inside and out, as much as anyone.

Based on the history of the series, this ship will not come to fruition.

HOWEVER, based on the direction that this new director is taking, the ship seems promising.

We have no idea whether this will work out or not. To be honest, I'm at around 60-40 that something will happen. So yes, I am a believer in AmourShipping. But I am also trying to be realistic.

But you just have to look at this series. For SIXTEEN YEARS they didn't put a single relationship into the show. As much of the "new direction" that there, you cannot just deny all of the years that happened before and forget that the past fifteen years ever happened.

It most certainly could happen, though. I won't deny it. This new director has got some cool ideas. BUT, you can't just automatically assume that it is going to happen. We have sixteen years and 800 other episodes to tell us otherwise.

Alright, you sir clearly require the essence of some chocolate milk. And horray you're the same age as me. I too have watched Pokemon since 98, skipped a few sagas every now and then. But once again you're basing assumptions off past series! This is nothing like the past series! It's a thousand times better! What you're going to compare XY to BW?

What I'm trying to tell is not to make assumptions that it won't happen based on the fact that it's never happened before, discard the previous series, this is new!

The new director is doing an awesome job so what's to say that he's going to fail us?

And I'm not implying that the ship is going to come true I'm just trying to bring back optimism in this thread since it seems like everyone is losing theirs just because of the fact that it's Pokemon and romance has never been implied (which isn't even true). They ignore the various hints that we've seen so far and lower their expectations.

A true amourshipper, would support this all the way. Believe that it's going to happen, heck even pokeshippers believe that Misty will return someday.

I am taking this seriously you're right, but that's because I see people here suggesting to us to lower our hopes and expectations. What kind of advice is that? Even Ash would say otherwise!

Reread everything I said in the previous pages. Hopefully you will see the light as well. Oh and drink some chocolate milk.

Uh, ok now... I'm gonna take a neutral stance on this.

Pokemon is just a cartoon show for people to enjoy watching. As I mentioned, it's ok to be passionate about the show and really like it. But no need to take offence if other people have different opinions from your opinion. We're not trying to say who's right and who's wrong or anything like that. There's a whole spectrum of opinions that can be put on the table.

I respect everyone's opinion and all that. But opinions must come with common sense, else someone like me can just come in start bashing that person. Yeah it's a cartoon, looney tunes was a cartoon too and it had romance. Bugs and Lola made out several times, seriously I was 5 and I rooted for them!

It looks like it's everyone vs. me, I think I can handle this though. Bring it on people! I shall protect the pride of AmourShipping. I support it all the way. I believe in the new Director, I trust the writers!

Last edited:

SacredAsh

Alright, you sir clearly require the essence of some chocolate milk. And horray you're the same age as me. I too have watched Pokemon since 98, skipped a few sagas every now and then. But once again you're basing assumptions off past series! This is nothing like the past series! It's a thousand times better! What you're going to compare XY to BW?

I respect everyone's opinion and all that. But opinions must come with common sense, else someone like me can just come in start bashing that person. Yeah it's a cartoon, looney tunes was a cartoon too and it had romance. Bugs and Lola made out several times, seriously I was 5 and I rooted for them!

It looks like it's everyone vs. me, I think I can handle this though. Bring it on people! I shall protect the pride of AmourShipping. I support it all the way. I believe in the new Director, I trust the writers!

You were quite the strange kid then lol..... Stop telling us to drink chocolate milk. Chocolate milk doesn't solve anything!!! We are not kids anymore! We need beer and coffee now!!! lol

But yeah...so did someone already confirmed no satosere hints in ep 8?

Sephora

yes I'm back
But yeah...so did someone already confirmed no satosere hints in ep 8?

There's no way to tell until the episode airs (so tomorrow), however I think it is unlikely that there will be hints. Regardless, I am still excited for the episode.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Whoa, Rewile! Pal! I'm a supporter of optimism, contrary to what you may believe. However, me and various other members prefer to take the new things with a whole van of salt. If there are the good prerequisites then we may raise our expectations a bit. But remember, it's not easy. Not after the innumerable delusions we had in the past. That's why we are more cautious now.

Could we get a revolution in XY, like the games got a revolution with the swap from flat pixels to 3D models? Yeah, maybe. But it's just too soon to tell for sure.

Let's see what happens. According to how everything will develop we'll have a clearer picture of The Series XY. Let's be patient. There are still around 100 episodes that are waiting to be broadcast and to give us some responses.

Oh, and for the record: I already drink chocolate milk everyday. I don't need more saccharin at the moment, thank you. :p

terra1396

What I'm trying to tell is not to make assumptions that it won't happen based on the fact that it's never happened before, discard the previous series, this is new!

The new director is doing an awesome job so what's to say that he's going to fail us?

And I'm not implying that the ship is going to come true I'm just trying to bring back optimism in this thread since it seems like everyone is losing theirs just because of the fact that it's Pokemon and romance has never been implied (which isn't even true). They ignore the various hints that we've seen so far and lower their expectations.

A true amourshipper, would support this all the way. Believe that it's going to happen, heck even pokeshippers believe that Misty will return someday.

I am taking this seriously you're right, but that's because I see people here suggesting to us to lower our hopes and expectations. What kind of advice is that? Even Ash would say otherwise!

Reread everything I said in the previous pages. Hopefully you will see the light as well. Oh and drink some chocolate milk.

Well um that's pretty hardcore but ok, some of us just don't want to end up disappointed since it is still uncertain what's gonna happen but we are enjoying everything so far, and if you believe its gonna happen for sure then that's alright but just because we aren't as optimistic doesn't mean we don't want it to happen, of course we want it to happen that's something I think everyone can agree on so let's just drop this.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm all for optimism, but given that the anime has followed a consistent "no heavy romance" policy ever since it started almost two decades ago, it's really hard to imagine that things will change. I mean the writing in XY has improved and I'm eager to see how Ash and Serena's relationship will be handled, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything groundbreaking to be honest. But I do expect Ash to acknowledge Serena's feelings at some point in the future. I just don't think they'll end up getting married right away or having a kid who will take over as the next protagonist like someone implied yesterday. Those theories are a bit too wishful in my opinion.

Rewile

Banned
Whoa, Rewile! Pal! I'm a supporter of optimism, contrary to what you may believe. However, me and various other members prefer to take the new things with a whole van of salt. If there are the good prerequisites then we may raise our expectations a bit. But remember, it's not easy. Not after the innumerable delusions we had in the past. That's why we are more cautious now.

Could we get a revolution in XY, like the games got a revolution with the swap from flat pixels to 3D models? Yeah, maybe. But it's just too soon to tell for sure.

Let's see what happens. According to how everything will develop we'll have a clearer picture of The Series XY. Let's be patient. There are still around 100 episodes that are waiting to be broadcast and to give us some responses.

Oh, and for the record: I already drink chocolate milk everyday. I don't need more saccharin at the moment, thank you. :p

Oh, so my next opponent is here huh? You prove a good point but I still stand on my claim that past series shouldn't matter. First of all I've said this over a million times now and you should know that we have a new Director in the series.

So far XY has greatly differed from all the previous series, no series has ever gone this far in ships before. This is too much and like I said if they backed out later on it would be like a huge "FU" to us.

It's good to be cautious, but it's not good to go around saying "it's not going to happen" or "my expectations are low". Yeah I know how you all feel, but I support Amourshipping all the way. I believe in the new Director, and so should you.

And what chocolate milk brand do you drink? Nesquik? I drink nesquik.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
*Streches out* Phew, it's been quite a while since I've posted anything here. How are you guys holding up?

Anyway, for tomorrow's episode there might not be any hints as a lot of people are speculating. We do know that Serena is going to love the idea of Pokémon Grooming, and form the looks of the the preview, Ash seems overwhelmed by all this information about grooming. Either that or he ate one of those berries we saw in the trailer.

I also see that we're having some arguments over how the ship's gonna hold up in the future. Well, I'd rather save that opinion for when the XY nears a close, but I do have hopes for this shipping, just not as high as others might have.

Oh yeah, since I haven't been here for a while, I might as well say that I thought the past couple of episodes were great in terms of hints, mostly on Serena's side, but Ash showed some appreciation too. He said that Serena motivated him to win the gym badge back in episode 6, and now he has it, and is appreciative for that.

Anyways, many thanks for letting me join! You can call me Mike so that there's no hard feelings about my username! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.