• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Oh, so my next opponent is here huh? You prove a good point but I still stand on my claim that past series shouldn't matter. First of all I've said this over a million times now and you should know that we have a new Director in the series.

So far XY has greatly differed from all the previous series, no series has ever gone this far in ships before. This is too much and like I said if they backed out later on it would be like a huge "FU" to us.

It's good to be cautious, but it's not good to go around saying "it's not going to happen" or "my expectations are low". Yeah I know how you all feel, but I support Amourshipping all the way. I believe in the new Director, and so should you.

And what chocolate milk brand do you drink? Nesquik? I drink nesquik.

That's true, we shouldn't talk in absolute about things not happening and we shouldn't take the past as the absolute proof. However, at the same time, we shouldn't say that things will definitely happen and that we'll get something different because the other option has already been done in the past. We're with our hands tied. The only thing we can do... is to wait and see what the producers have done.

I completely understand your point of view and respect it, but as I said some people prefer to avoid to jump in the fire with the risk of being burned.

I'm all for little things like Ash "miraculously" acknowledging Serena's feelings and actually develop as a character after a decade or so in the show, and the fact that he showed some actual emotions after his loss at the Gym and when he asked Serena to join the team gave me some hope. But I need more time to jump on the bandwagon. For now I'll enjoy what we have at the moment. In the future, we'll see.

Off-topic junk: yes, Nesquik.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Wow, please relax. I support this ship so much and it is my OTP but I too still think a kiss is unlikely. People can have opinions without others lashing out at them. Keep in mind that the writers do whatever they deem fit; they could care less about what others want. If they want to make Amour canon, it will be. If not, then they won't. Simple as that.

People will see what they want to see. Honestly, it seems like a war between people who think believe Amourshipping will happen no matter what, and the people who think Amourshipping doesn't have a chance. The sensible, quieter lot doesn't seem to be talking as much, which I'm not too surprised about. However, people on both extremes should just sit back and think about what the other side is trying to say. While I think discussing the unlikeliness of Amourshipping is pretty absurd, making bold claims isn't a good thing to do, either. As a conclusion, I'd advise everyone to sit bak, relax and forget the 'canon vs non-canon' argument. It's old and we've read it millions of times.

Also, what is up with you and chocolate milk? LOL

I guess it's a comfort thing. Personally, I like both coke and a nice glass of chocolate milk :D

Alright guys I'll be back in like 6 hours gonna go take my final philosphy exam wish me luck. Then I'll handle more of your arguments and defend the spirit of amourshipping.

All the best, and please forget this thread during your exam, or you'll end up doodling all kinds of Pokeymanz anywhere you can find space :p

Last edited:

SacredAsh

Also does anyone notice that my avatar is lugia but my username is sacredash? I thought it would at least irritate some people :)

Anyways whenever I watch the opening theme to x&y I always keep watching one particular scene over and over again.rsz_1screenshot_203.jpg
I know it's been mentioned earlier but I think it's a really touching scene and matches the lyrics very well.It really seems like Ash is kind of down but Serena gives a "it's ok you can do it Ash " kind of pat on his back. Kinda makes me tear up at the friendship(or love?). At the very least we know that somewhere along the way to becoming a pokemon trainer, Ash will be feeling a little depressed but Serena will always be there to support him and help him through the tough times. It's Serena who will remind Ash of his dreams if he somehow lost sight of that in a moment of weakness. Maybe Ash doubts his own abilities to reach his goal of becoming a pokemon master after losing the league championships so many times. Maybe he has a break down or something. But then Serena slaps him and says where is that Ash who never gave up? Pull yourself together baka! Where's the Ash....that I love? I would be cracking up if that happens lmao. I get the feeling that Serena will be a catalyst in bringing out the best pokemon trainer in Ash more so than any of his past female companion.
Ash hasn't really had a breakdown yet and I really want to see one from him. Come on Pokemon! Gimme drama!!! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give drama. Pls director and writers..... I want to see all those delicious tears. Man that would be awesome.

Wow....I'm really surprised at how much I like this opening. It's probably my 2nd favorite opening only to be beaten by High Touch :).

On another note Ash looks so different now. I still can't get used to his current character design post DP.

Are you implying I am not sensible? ????????????? O_O WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT????

Last edited:

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
Rewile, we understand your optimism and personally, I believe that the one sided crush on Serena's part may be because the writers are testing the waters to see how romance will affect the anime and if its positive they may add more hints on Ash's side later in the series. However, please don't pick fights or try to spark a flame war. This is a forum and we discuss our different views points calmly and rationally.

We are all Amourshippers here and while we may not all agree on certain things, we still need to respect each others opinions and not force ourselves on people, and if you want to argue against a certain point, feel free to but make sure you don't do it in a manner that would be considered abrasive. We're all on the same side here

Trying to move on... Do you guys want Serena to stay shy and bashful around Ash as opposed to other people or would you rather she gets past that and begins to act a bit more like her sassy self (albeit in a playful friendly manner)?

Edit: and yes SacredAsh I'll admit your name irritates me if it makes you happy ;)

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Trying to move on... Do you guys want Serena to stay shy and bashful around Ash as opposed to other people or would you rather she gets past that and begins to act a bit more like her sassy self (albeit in a playful friendly manner)?

I think she'll start to be more open and sassy over time. However, whenever is needed, she will still be her kind and gentle self. But I definitely want to see her sassy self sometimes, maybe while facing some arrogant character or Ash's future rival.

Gosh, I really love those two. I know that it may sound corny, but they are so perfect together. :3

SacredAsh

I feel like this is torture. By teasing us with this kind of pairing, the director has made me wait for every single episode.I mean this is pretty agonizing. I would like hints every 2 episode or something.If the directors suddenly forgot about putting hints until the 80th episode or something .....I don't think my heart would be able to take it lol.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I feel like this is torture. By teasing us with this kind of pairing, the director has made me wait for every single episode.I mean this is pretty agonizing. I would like hints every 2 episode or something.If the directors suddenly forgot about putting hints until the 80th episode or something .....I don't think my heart would be able to take it lol.

Ah ha ha! It seems that their plan worked then. People would like to watch the episodes to discover new things. But I agree. I haven't been this impatient about an episode since... I don't remember how long.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I can definitely see her opening up eventually and act less shy around Ash, but I personally don't think she'll be the most dynamic character in the cast in terms of personality. I think she'll get comfortable with Ash after spending more time in his presence, but I don't think she'll be too sassy or flirty. That just doesn't seem like Serena to me. I'd love for her to get more confidence and for her to just be herself whenever she's with Ash. Ash would probably start to notice her more once she comes out of her shell.

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
now another question comes to my mind

what if serena was ash's pokemon

what do you think will ash feel?

*spits coffee at the screen* LOL! I can't believe I missed this while I was skimming.
I imagine he might notice her more ;)
Let's face it, it might be the best chance she'll get

Joking aside, I don't think Serena will be transforming into a dunsparce anytime soon...

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
There's no way to tell until the episode airs (so tomorrow), however I think it is unlikely that there will be hints. Regardless, I am still excited for the episode.

probably if there will be i think it will be and the end of the episode

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
*spits coffee at the screen* LOL! I can't believe I missed this while I was skimming.

Joking aside, I don't think Serena will be transforming into a dunsparce anytime soon...

lol maybe we can have a better pokemon than dunsparce

Jake DB

Grass Fanatic
lol maybe we can have a better pokemon than dunsparce

Dunsparce is a boss pokemon, don't know what you're on about. ;206;

I don't know about Serena being Ash's Pokemon, wouldn't she eventually be placed with the Professor unless she was Pikachu by the end of the season anyway? (Serena Flaaffy would bring the laughs though).

SacredAsh

Serena transforms into pikachu and pikachu somehow transforms into serena by the work of some playful ghost pokemon. Team rockets come and then attacks them later on and captures Pikachu. Ash gets really upset and beats the heck out of team rocket. After breaking pikachu out the cage, he picks pikachu up and hugs pikachu(serena)out of instinct. Pikachu then makes this cute sound of being happy(which is actually Serena being turned on) and Ash rubs Pikachu's stomach and scratches Pikachu's chin. And then immediately stops. And Ash is like oh....wait.....this is Serena......During that time, Serena becomes really embarrassed because clothes don't carry over during the transformation. Ash is like I didn't mean it Serena I swear!!! I forgot you were Pikachu and blushes to his ears.

Last edited:

terra1396

About Serena being sassy it's eventually going to come out and when it does cue the sweatdrops from everyone lol. It would be funny if it comes out if she defends ash and he just sweatdrops and tries to stop her with no success lol

krowking123

i love this site~
I think I personally really like this shipping, it's by far the most implied shipping the show has ever given us, and it's only been like 7 episodes! XD and personally ( emphasis on personally everyone's free to their own opinions >.>) I also think the other shippings wouldn't work out in the end because: Iris acted a lot more like a buddy/ older sibling that liked to mess with ash. Dawn seems to share feelings with Kenny, you know with the * I think you looked kinda cute when you beat ash* comment she said to Kenny via note. May seems to have feelings for Drew. And Misty.... Well... She has kinda been out of it for a while, she's kinda lost her chance with ash ( besides despite the immense amount of love for her by fans the creators of pokemon seem to think she's dead or something cause she hasn't even been referenced in pokemon since like early sinnoh, and that was just via her fishing line thing if I'm not mistaken) all in all, I think this May be the biggest Canon shipping they've done! Let's see what they do with it :)

Sephora

yes I'm back
When are the dubbed episodes coming out. It will be interesting to see how they make the english version

Sometime in the beginning of 2014. There are only 2 episodes let of BW and then they are going to take a break. So I am guessing in the first or second weeks of January we will get them :)
I am excited to see how the VAs in the dub will be in the episodes (and the hints!)

Status
Not open for further replies.