• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Not going to lie, I'm really hoping this pairing happens...

Ash.mx

I think bonnie will do the exact opposite and try and get Serena with his brother

Since I think the running gag will be most likely Bonnie trying to convince every around-her-brother-age girl they bump into to get together with her brother, that would be not the case.

Maybe the first time they meet, then I can see Serena politely refuse the offer, cause she has a crush on Ash. If Serena tells her or Bonnie realizes about that I doubt she would interfere with it anymore. In fact, chances are that Bonnie'd become a SatoSere fan and would try to get them together and tease them, while still trying to get her brother a girlfriend lol

Anyway, we don't know if Serena has a specific and active goal yet, or just a passive type of goal, (c'mon, even Misty was just following Ash because of her bike in the beginning and May didn't know what she wanted to do), maybe she just wants to travel for the sake of it, or what would be great for us , she just wants to travel with the boy she met when younger.

I think the rival talk should wait until then, if there is any. I was just proposing it to see how you think the characters would react and making things a bit more interesting, Serena looks like a nice and kind girl, so most likely a mix of jealously and sadness if a girl, and Ash acting the way he did with Rudy and Misty if a boy, this time not because he is being ignored but actual jealously, but I can see Ash not realizing why he feel that way. lol

In any case, it could be Ash's rival too,boy or girl, or anything really, as Graham Aker said there could be lots of variables to "disrupt" the shipping, but we better not talk about them ahead of time.

But one thing is for sure, this shipping has solid bases, even more than Poke-Advance-Pearl ever had, the fact that they actually are making some things different should make us stop reflecting this ship with past ones, to a certain degree at least.

In other words, it will be exciting to see how all this unfolds.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
Who ever saw the 30 second preview saw her blushing right? :D

Yeah, she was blushing ^-^
I think Serena appears in either episode 3 or 4, because she doesn't appear to be present in the first two. Disappointing, but we have to wait a little longer for her and Ash to finally meet!
I heard she gets her starter in episode 3

SoarStaraptor

So now we should know that there is romance in France, which is Kalos! They add this particular aspect of the country to the region. Now it all makes sense.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Yeah, she was blushing ^-^
I think Serena appears in either episode 3 or 4, because she doesn't appear to be present in the first two. Disappointing, but we have to wait a little longer for her and Ash to finally meet!
I heard she gets her starter in episode 3

That is new. Normally the main female protag would show up in episode one or two. So after EP1&2 are aired we have to wait another week. Ugh, another week of tension. But I'm sure she will get a cameo in the first two episodes before actually re-introducing herself to Ash.

Is it confirmed what starter she will get though? I really hate all this little info we are getting for Serena. lol. Impatience shipper I am. xD

Also is it bad that I'm tempted to write about these two already? Like I have ideas written on paper and everything. xD

aloasa

The sound of drums
That is new. Normally the main female protag would show up in episode one or two. So after EP1&2 are aired we have to wait another week. Ugh, another week of tension. But I'm sure she will get a cameo in the first two episodes before actually re-introducing herself to Ash.

Is it confirmed what starter she will get though? I really hate all this little info we are getting for Serena. lol. Impatience shipper I am. xD

Also is it bad that I'm tempted to write about these two already? Like I have ideas written on paper and everything. xD

GO. FOR. IT. claim the first fic for them :D

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm so glad I'm not the only one worried about rival shippings. xD Oh my gosh, I was worrying about them as soon as I saw Serena lol. But since so many agree, I feel sorta relieved. :/ I'm not worried about Clemont and Bonnie though, they seem fine, they actually may do the opposite.

I guess Serena may really have a childhood crush on Ash and because there is a minor love subplot in the games, there may be one with Ash and Serena. I'm fine with it now, I'd pick Serena for Ash too, anyway so lol.

I dunno, if the writers themselves are pushing a love story, they may only focus on Ash and Serena, I hope there no rivals now lol expect for the trio in game.

I can see it becoming canon if, Serena asks Ash to marry her, when he becomes a Pokemon Master or gets older and he promises to in a oblivious way, only to make her happy. :p Kinda like how Ash promised to battle Max when he's Pokemon trainer, in away, where they can stall it forever or till the last episode. Unlikely but whatever.

what kind of running gag would you like to see happen between Ash and Serena

I've actually got a lot, lol. One where Serena asks Ash to do things with her and she gets shot down by him, sulking on the floor. And one where she has fantasies of him that she says out loud, embarrassing him and Pikachu Thunderbolts her to wake up.

I need to stop typing so much, urr, this shipping is just too much. :p

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well I have the first chapter written for this pairing and preparing to put it on the fanfic site, all I need to do is edit the first chapter and I am good to go.

I don't know the names of all the towns and Cities of the games so even if was to release the first chapter I would need to wait for another week or so to release the next chapter. but over all I think people might like the idea of the story.
I wrote that chapter about a month ago and haven't released it since I wrote it.

Seviper009

ii kanji
Part of me wants Shauna to appear as Ash's rival with the last starter.

Then she can admire or have a little crush on him. Serena notices this and starts bickering with Shauna behind his back. Then Ash asks if something is wrong and both say no. Like how Gray and Natsu fight behind Erza's back.

aipomadvanceshipper

Imagine if Ash sees Flabébé and thinks its a flower saying
"huh, this is something Iris would like" unconsciously trying to pick and Serena says something like
"No Ash that's a pokemon." Then she blinks and says " who's iris"
Ash tells her she's his friend and she gets jealous and is mad at him throughout the whole episode then they make up and he ask her why she was so mad and she explains that he remembered iris but not her when they were young and he says something like but that doesn't mean you're not important to me and she blushes XD
I'm only guessing Ash won't remember Serena when they meet again?

BlueDragonfangirl

Part of me wants Shauna to appear as Ash's rival with the last starter.

Then she can admire or have a little crush on him. Serena notices this and starts bickering with Shauna behind his back. Then Ash asks if something is wrong and both say no. Like how Gray and Natsu fight behind Erza's back.

I like this idea, I really do. Wonder what the odds are of the anime doing this?

I guess he trades a Pokemon with Serena some point due to the spoilers from the games, I love that :)

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
This is kind of a side track here, but does anyone know what Serena is saying during the introduction clip? I seem to be having a problem with transcription (my Japanese is not good enough).

As far as I know, this is what I heard:
絶対よの時の…
よし…決めた!

Last edited:

tzhaa

I'm as excited for this pairing as I was for Pearlshipping, and that says ALOT lol.

Sephora

yes I'm back
This is kind of a side track here, but does anyone know what Serena is saying during the introduction clip? I seem to be having a problem with transcription (my Japanese is not good enough).

As far as I know, this is what I heard:
絶対よの時の…
よし…決めた!

Hehe you are pretty late with this one. We've already discussed this a lot when the preview aired :p
It basically translates to:
It must be that boy from back then.
Alright, I've decided!

We still don't know what "she's decided" but I'm guessing that Ash inspired her about something.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hehe you are pretty late with this one. We've already discussed this a lot when the preview aired :p
It basically translates to:
It must be that boy from back then.
Alright, I've decided!

We still don't know what "she's decided" but I'm guessing that Ash inspired her about something.

Maybe Ash asked Serena to buy him a drink when they were kids but she couldn't decide on which one and then, they got lost in a forest because they don't know how to use a map properly. So now, she decided what drink she wants to get him, after seeing him again in a city and not a forest.

I'm just saying, "decided" could mean anything. :p I'm going with the drink theory though, it makes more sense. Jk.

I wonder how Ash met Serena and what were they doing in a forest as kids, that's got to be the most random thing in anime so far. The Zekrom thing with Pikachu makes more sense.

NPT

Just a member
Well I have the first chapter written for this pairing and preparing to put it on the fanfic site, all I need to do is edit the first chapter and I am good to go.

I don't know the names of all the towns and Cities of the games so even if was to release the first chapter I would need to wait for another week or so to release the next chapter. but over all I think people might like the idea of the story.
I wrote that chapter about a month ago and haven't released it since I wrote it.

I hope you'll post a link of the fanfic when it's done, I'll read it for sure.

I'm guessing that she's decided to go on a journey with Ash.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
I'm guessing that she's decided to go on a journey with Ash.

Now that I think about it, that seems the most likely. I wonder if she saw Ash on TV or heard about him to know where he was. Unless she stalks him haha :p

Wolfheart

I think that since she supposedly has known him from her childhood that she's finally deciding to start her journey as a trainer.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I hope you'll post a link of the fanfic when it's done, I'll read it for sure.

here it is, the story you might like to read, I don't have a cover for the story so I would like to have one, but it has been a success to start off with, I know I still have to wait for the names of towns and cities, because all we have is Vaniville Town, Lumiouse City, Santalune City and that's about it, Gamefrwak have done really well hiding a lot of stuff.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/1/Seperate-Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.