• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Trainer Empoleon

Isn't it possible though that he had met her prior, at the lab, where she heard his name, and the scene of him all beat up is after that? I don't want to be a wet blanket here ( I know I kinda am....I'm sorry :(), and I'm not saying anyone's theory is wrong. I'm just weighing all the options. Having it be an Ash clone like the many we've had before (Two Ash's, Jessibelle, a Max clone, and Salvia.) would be massive trolling and totally ridiculous. But it's there in the back of my head as a possibility. :/

It seems like you're grasping for straws at this point almost as if you're deliberately looking for doubts.

She flat out says "Don't you remember me Satoshi?" How many kids do you think are going to have the same name, trademark black hair and signature cheek marks? In the case of Jessebelle, Maxx and Salvia, they all had different names. Same goes for the other Ash dopplegangers. (Ritchie, Travis, etc.)

Uh.........What's there to love? I've already seen it in the previews many times.

You can say thank you and let others who didn't watch the preview enjoy it? (A huge number of people by the way)

@ A&P-Fan

Serena isn't injured or anything. it's her dress.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, I understood what you meant when you said the boy from back than in another preview but now she actually said his name, your going to have to accept the fact that she's a child hood friend of his LOL.

Question: What are the chances of Ash remembering her right away?

ThatOneQuilava

Just drop the idea, it's in her bio and every thing about how she knows Ash from his past. She doesn't meet up with him it till episode three it seems, no way in heck is this possible nowXD

Man, the hype for this is HUGE! I can tell that a lot of you guys really want this to happen... Not that I blame you. I have to agree with BluDragonfangirl... This may just beat out Pearlshipping in Japan... Especially is they keep it up like they have been...

Glad to see the writers *might* be catering to their older fanbase. It's about time :/

;156;

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
HAHA, I still say they promised they'd marry each other at that age without Ash realizing it, he's easy to trick.

I think Ash x Serena has been pretty big since the first poster was added with her blushing and looking at Ash, now the fandom keeps growing each information and scene we get. Whoever said it might beat out Pearlshipping in Japan could be right after all.

I still can't believe she"s child hood friends with Ash, that's so awesome!

That's what I was hoping for! Lol;

Serena: Ash, when we get older will you marry me?

Ash: Ur, yeah, sure whatever *doesn't know what marriage is*

Serena: You promise? ;D *pulls out pinky finger*

Ash: Sure..? :| *promise with his pinky finger*

And then, when they meet again, Ash doesn't even remember Serena's name. :p He'll go "oh yeah...!" Have several flashbacks hearing Serena's name and then go "urr, who are you again? :|".

---

Fyi, the childhood friends, the blushing; the writers are really pushing it far too much, not to go anywhere, Ash will remain dense as ever but it can always go somewhere at least, if not engagement/marriage.. I'm joking btw, it won't go that far but James is engaged, so who knows? xD

BlueDragonfangirl

And then, when they meet again, Ash doesn't even remember Serena's name. :p He'll go "oh yeah...!" Have several flashbacks hearing Serena's name and then go "urr, who are you again? :|".

---

Fyi, the childhood friends, the blushing; the writers are really pushing it far too much, not to go anywhere, Ash will remain dense as ever but it can always go somewhere at least, if not engagement/marriage.. I'm joking btw, it won't go that far but James is engaged, so who knows? xD

Yah, James got engaged ( Forced ) But still when was younger, not that impossible to think Ash could get tricked into some thing like that LOL. I still think Ash will remember Serena in a life and death situation, hey'll panic and finally have a few flashbacks and yell " Serena! I remember every thing now! Don't die on me whatever you do! Not after I just started to remember you and became friends again! " I could see some thing like that.

I think it could be like Pokeshipping a bit, a lot of hints added in like jealousy and people poking fun of them being love birds, maybe rivals for each other like say another girl likes Ash and vice versa but they see Ash and Serena like each other. Best of all, we have more ground since they are child hood friends man I love that :)

ThatOneQuilava

---

I think so too. I mean, it's aimed towards 10-year-olds that see marriage as "what mommy and daddy are". I think the only reason why James being engaged is acceptable is because he's older (how old is he, anyway?). Now,if the writers would have aged the characters, even just a little, that reality might have been plausible. Alas, Ash forever remains 10 (again, ughh). Despite all this, nothing is stopping us from using our imagination.

;156;

Sephora

yes I'm back
Yah, James got engaged ( Forced ) But still when was younger, not that impossible to think Ash could get tricked into some thing like that LOL. I still think Ash will remember Serena in a life and death situation, hey'll panic and finally have a few flashbacks and yell " Serena! I remember every thing now! Don't die on me whatever you do! Not after I just started to remember you and became friends again! " I could see some thing like that.

I think it could be like Pokeshipping a bit, a lot of hints added in like jealousy and people poking fun of them being love birds, maybe rivals for each other like say another girl likes Ash and vice versa but they see Ash and Serena like each other. Best of all, we have more ground since they are child hood friends man I love that :)

That made me laugh out loud! I wish hehe. Oh man, you have a very lovely imagination ;)
Personally, I don't want this ship to be similar to PokeShipping or any other shipping for that matter. I want it to be unique and special and... wait for it... different.

BlueDragonfangirl

That made me laugh out loud! I wish hehe. Oh man, you have a very lovely imagination ;)
Personally, I don't want this ship to be similar to PokeShipping or any other shipping for that matter. I want it to be unique and special and... wait for it... different.

Why can't it happen? :(

Your right, it should have it's own unique like all the pairings in Pokemon. I would like to see Serena with a rival though over Ash, that'd lead to some fun :D

@Morning Sun, that's why I don't want Serena to be a ***** and Ash to be a complete ******* most stories do to him.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I think so too. I mean, it's aimed towards 10-year-olds that see marriage as "what mommy and daddy are". I think the only reason why James being engaged is acceptable is because he's older (how old is he, anyway?). Now,if the writers would have aged the characters, even just a little, that reality might have been plausible. Alas, Ash forever remains 10 (again, ughh). Despite all this, nothing is stopping us from using our imagination.

;156;

I don't understand the keep it for 10 year old thing, I bet not even half of viewers are in that age.
AND Fans grow up but Ash doesn't is one of the reason many people stopped watching after some time.
If they give the hints and do nothing with it we got urself a mess of angry fans lol.

Sephora

yes I'm back
@Vintrial, Pokemon isn't the only series that uses Comic Book time (time moving differently).

ThatOneQuilava

What I think would be interesting is if they brought back a female companion from another series and made *insert female here* and Serena rivals. Not only on the literal sense, but on the friendship aspect. They would both be constantly competing to see who is a better friend (maybe even couple) and Ash would be caught in the middle like "What's going on here?", in his typical dense ways.

I mean, the odds of this happening are slim to none, but I think it would be an interesting twist.

A question for you guys: If they did bring back a female companion to be Serena's rival, who would you hope it to be/who would be the most likely one?

I personally hope it would be May, just 'cause she's my favorite Pokégirl thus far, but I can see Misty being the most likely one, seeing as she's a trainer and there isn't any contests in Kalos (that we know of).

What do you guys think?

;156;

BlueDragonfangirl

@Morning Sun, that's why I don't want Serena to be a ***** and Ash to be a complete ******* most stories do to him.

I always liked the way AG and D / P treated him, looks like they bring it back that style thank goodness.

I'm with you on her being like that to Ash, I hate seeing people like that to him. She doesn't seem the type though judging by the previews / teasers :)

I can't wait for Ash to remember her :)

Edit;

I'd want it to be Dawn, imagine the fun we'd get between pairing fandom s over thatXD

Sephora

yes I'm back
If they did bring back a female companion to be Serena's rival, who would you hope it to be/who would be the most likely one?

;156;

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but the writers stated in an interview that the past female companions will never be main characters ever again.
May is was my favourite character, but now Serena takes that spot ^-^

ThatOneQuilava

I don't understand the keep it for 10 year old thing, I bet not even half of viewers are in that age.
AND Fans grow up but Ash doesn't is one of the reason many people stopped watching after some time.
If they give the hints and do nothing with it we got urself a mess of angry fans lol.

I totally agree. But, the thing is, they made a lot of money off of the younger audience, back in the day. So, in order to make more, they keep targeting the young people. That, and if they want a fanbase to buy things from them in the future, they have to start somewhere. I myself am fine with them targeting that group. The thing that bugs me is that they did nothing to "reward" the older fanbase, who have been with them since the start.

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but the writers stated in an interview that the past female companions will never be main characters ever again.

That's alright. Even if the past characters won't come back (maybe Iris, for a cameo, like in past series'), it's still fun to think of the possibilities. After all, everything in this thread (or almost) is purely fan speculation. For all we know, the writers might just troll us and be like "Hey! Shippers! Too ******* bad. Ain't nothin' gonna happen here, either! Keep dreamin'!" So why not have fun with it?

;156;

LizardonX

Banned

I am genuinely confused as how you can replace a favorite character when all we've seen are clips and previews. I mean I support the 2 settling down get 2 kids, the house and a Furfrou as much as the next guy (so we can have a true n00b protag rather than ash always getting reset) but the fervor is really a bit much considering the series hasn't even started.

@Vintrial, but fans should grow up from their childhood, not every series is going to be the way they wanted it because they are grown up. As a future writer, I don't want to force myself to write for a audenice that's not my target or what I want to do as a writer. Not all series transition into dark/mature/serious without backlash or concequences. Just because fans are older doen't mean the writers should force themselves for that audience. Would you force your own family to do what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.