• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

I doubt it. She's just started hanging out with Serena and shouldn't know her that well yet. Most likely the writers don't want to ruin the basis of AmourShipping by adding Clemont into the mix. I mean it would cause all sorts of chaos if Bonnie tried to pair Serena up with Clemont. Imo, it would mess with the group's chemistry (and more specifically, Ash and Serena's chemistry). I'm against anything that disrupts AmourShipping because I really dislike drama, even in the anime.

What kind of chaos are you referring to? I mean yeah, it could cause some "love drama" I guess? That really has no place in Pokemon true, but as I said...Ash would be clueless to Serena telling him that she likes him (she would need to be very direct in order for him to understand). Realistically, I don't think he'd have any kind of problem with Bonnie trying to pair her up with Clemont because she wants to "keep" her either.

I'm changing what I said earlier to the fact this ship can go one of four ways (instead of three) and I have a gut feeling that fact it will be within the bounds of one of these ( to note I don't really have a big problem with 1-3. Four would depend on the rival's personality):

1.) Either Serena retains her crush, and it becomes something unresolved subplot that just stuck around for a saga, perhaps being touched on in her inevitable cameo.
2.) Serena grows up of her crush, becomes independent and strong while still admiring Ash, but from a role-model standpoint.
3.) Bonnie eventually decides she wants to "keep" Serena, and depending on the Clemont x Serena dynamic then could pair them off.
4.) A "Drew" shows up.

Navin

MALDREAD
It would honestly be stupid writing to not have another Amourshipping moment till like 30 episodes later. If you're going to have a romantic subplot between the two leads, it should be apparent and not show up once in a blue moon.

taeuknam

It would honestly be stupid writing to not have another Amourshipping moment till like 30 episodes later. If you're going to have a romantic subplot between the two leads, it should be apparent and not show up once in a blue moon.

I agree with that. XY010 better have some hints...

Question: possible hints for the next episode?

I'd like to see ash untieing serena.

Graham Aker

It's not depressing. And the sisterly relation with Eureka is not dangerous, either. It's clear that Serena likes Satoshi and not Citron. I don't know why you are making a big deal out of it. Serena and Citron can be friends and interact without people like you saying that it is sad or dangerous for Amour. Serena clearly likes Satoshi so I don't think Citron is a problem.

I think it's a logical conclusion that at some point she'd at least TRY to pair Clemont and Serena. I've said this ever since we got the short bio's on the characters before XY started. Considering Bonnie seems to be looking for a another girl in their family, and given how attached she is to Serena...it's only common sense to see the possibility that she'll want to "keep" Serena (even if Serena is against it because of her feelings for Ash, or Clemont simply not being comfortable with it). It's obvious that Serena is infatuated with Ash now. Hell, even Clemont is to an extent (he wants to be more like him).

Last edited:

taeuknam

How's that a hint?
I'm starting to think some people were spoilled by episode 7 lol.

he would be extremely gentle with her, and also they could have a conversation while he unties her:

(untieing serena)
ash would say "don't worry serena. ill have you out of there in no time." and serena says "thanks for coming to the rescue. you're always so brave, ashy!"

luxray8

Ooh you know what would be epic for the next episode? Like mentioned above, maybe ash unties serena and helps her up and she has a flash back to the camp and starts blushing again. That would be all I need.

GamefanPPG

Eureka's Fan
I have a question.

The next XY episode will be this next thursday right? After that we wont have a new episode until middle of january no? What day of january exactly?

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think it's a logical conclusion that at some point she'd at least TRY to pair Clemont and Serena. I've said this ever since we got the short bio's on the characters before XY started. Considering Bonnie seems to be looking for a another girl in their family, and given how attached she is to Serena...it's only common sense to see the possibility that she'll want to "keep" Serena (even if Serena is against it because of her feelings for Ash, or Clemont simply not being comfortable with it). It's obvious that Serena is infatuated with Ash now. Hell, even Clemont is to an extent (he wants to be more like him). But we're also only 10 episodes into a series that will go on at least for another 130 episodes. It's still possible that Serena might get over Ash, and want grow into her own.

Just because Eureka might decide to "keep" Serena for her brother, doesn't mean it'll go anywhere though.

I think Citron and Serena's reactions will be like when Limone teased his son about Serena. Serena just laughs and Citron looks embarrassed. I highly doubt Serena's infatuation is going to switch from one boy to another. Not only would it be bad for her character (fickle when it comes to crushes, Brock 2.0, only interested in boys, etc.) but it would also make no sense. I may not be a writer so I of course can't say one hundred percent what they'll do, but if they meant to pair her up with Citron, there would have been no reason for the writers to include the whole Serena-Satoshi backstory. They could have done a number of other new things to introduce her character.

Plus, like I said before, the writers aren't going to make Serena like Satoshi any less as time goes on.
The writers making a girl have a crush on Satoshi and then "grow out of it" as character development is silly imo. It would devalue Satoshi's heroic/everyone-loves-him image. He is someone people grow closer to, not the opposite. Every character has grown closer to Satoshi as the series progressed. Taking a step back would make no sense. Also, if anything, Serena will grow to like Satoshi even more because Satoshi is still as selfless and kind as the little boy in her mind. True he has some flaws, but doesn't everyone? And if like you say her crush might fade, then there has to be something that will make it fade away. But I don't really see what could do that. I mean what could Satoshi do/ what could possibly happen that will make her stop liking him? Just because he may not return her feelings, doesn't mean she is just going to simply lose interest. That's not how emotions work if that were the case, "moving on" from an ex would be pretty easy.

Personally, I don't think her liking Citron or growing out of her crush is going to happen. Either the writers go somewhere with the crush, or it doesn't and ends up being like Misty all over again.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I have a question.

The next XY episode will be this next thursday right? After that we wont have a new episode until middle of january no? What day of january exactly?

The current schedule is:
December 12th: XY 10
December 19th: XY 11
December 31st: New Year's Special
January 9th: XY 12

taeuknam

I'm really loving this ship!
Possibly because it has a decent chance.

It really feels like the writers are saying "hey, we're sorry for all the disappointment we've caused. this is compensation for that."

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Just because Eureka might decide to "keep" Serena for her brother, doesn't mean it'll go anywhere though.

I think Citron and Serena's reactions will be like when Limone teased his son about Serena. Serena just laughs and Citron looks embarrassed. I highly doubt Serena's infatuation is going to switch from one boy to another. Not only would it be bad for her character (fickle when it comes to crushes, Brock 2.0, only interested in boys, etc.) but it would also make no sense. I may not be a writer so I of course can't say one hundred percent what they'll do, but if they meant to pair her up with Citron, there would have been no reason for the writers to include the whole Serena-Satoshi backstory. They could have done a number of other new things to introduce her character.

Plus, like I said before, the writers aren't going to make Serena like Satoshi any less as time goes on.
The writers making a girl have a crush on Satoshi and then "grow out of it" as character development is silly imo. It would devalue Satoshi's heroic/everyone-loves-him image. He is someone people grow closer to, not the opposite. Every character has grown closer to Satoshi as the series progressed. Taking a step back would make no sense. Also, if anything, Serena will grow to like Satoshi even more because Satoshi is still as selfless and kind as the little boy in her mind. True he has some flaws, but doesn't everyone? And if like you say her crush might fade, then there has to be something that will make it fade away. But I don't really see what could do that. I mean what could Satoshi do/ what could possibly happen that will make her stop liking him? Just because he may not return her feelings, doesn't mean she is just going to simply lose interest. That's not how emotions work if that were the case, "moving on" from an ex would be pretty easy.

Personally, I don't think her liking Citron or growing out of her crush is going to happen. Either the writers go somewhere with the crush, or it doesn't and ends up being like Misty all over again.

Despite agreeing almost every time you I didn't agree on one thing.
A character moving on from a chilldhood crush isn't a silly development. It's actually a pretty good one.
Aldo it would ruin the Serena-Satoshi backstory as you said, it wouldn't ruin Serena character.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Despite agreeing almost every time you I didn't agree on one thing.
A character moving on from a chilldhood crush isn't a silly development. It's actually a pretty good one.
Aldo it would ruin the Serena-Satoshi backstory as you said, it wouldn't ruin Serena character.

Serena gets enough criticism from certain people for being too "girly" and "stereotypical". I am pretty sure if she starts jumping from boy to boy it will strengthen those labels. It's understandable why she has a crush on Satoshi but suddenly switching to Citron when romance isn't even that big of a part of pokemon would be ridiculous. Then that would be all Serena would be known for: romance. And Serena as a character deserves more than that to define her character.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Serena gets enough criticism from certain people for being too "girly" and "stereotypical". I am pretty sure if she starts jumping from boy to boy it will strengthen that criticism. It's understandable why she has a crush on Satoshi but Serena as a character deserves more than romance and crushes to define her.

I'm didn't say a jump from boy to boy.
But if her character gets too attached to her crush it would her even more.
And if the hints become too much one-sided it would even hurt the ship.

Off-topic: She got from being to girly? That is so wrong, the most hated companion till now (Sorry Iris fans, aldo it isn't my case) Was the less-girlier of them all, how can people not like the other extreme? lol. Some people just never like something ( Or are attached to older some other non girly companion )

GamefanPPG

Eureka's Fan
That shipping with Citron and Serena wont going to happen IMO. Period

Eureka might like a lot Serena and their bond might grow, but that always happen between girls what are friends, is not uncommon. If that was the case, that "lets keep her for my brother" would happen the first time Serena appeared.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I'm didn't say a jump from boy to boy.
But if her character gets too attached to her crush it would her even more.
And if the hints become too much one-sided it would even hurt the ship.

Off-topic: She got from being to girly? That is so wrong, the most hated companion till now (Sorry Iris fans, aldo it isn't my case) Was the less-girlier of them all, how can people not like the other extreme? lol. Some people just never like something ( Or are attached to older some other non girly companion )

That's where we disagree then haha. If the hints become too much one-sided, I don't see how it'll hurt the ship at all; in fact on the contrary. Satoshi is oblivious in nature so obviously expecting many hints from his side is wishful thinking. Plus it means the writers actually care enough about the ship to include so many hints to begin with.

On a side note: You can't please everyone I guess. Her girliness is endearing in my eyes though :p

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Watched the episode with portuguese subs.
I liked the dynamics between Ash and Serena, but I'm dying for a hint, at least one before the break...
It's off topic, sorry, but you don't know how the dub thing works here, we're at the end of Rival Destinies, I might even watch the english dub soon because of that to see how the hints will be translated.
Back to the topic, relax a bit, ClemontXSerena won't happen, if you watch the episodes, you'll know why, see how she reacts around Ash, and Bonnie won't affect the ship either, if this happens, it will be positive.
And I don't think her girliness is that bad, but it bothers me sometimes, though.

Last edited:

XxlapsxX

322 pages already! i wish i had more time to post, I hate final exams :(

I'm a little disappointed about Chespin helping Sycamore, Serena and Bonnie. I Still hoping that Ash could be the one who saves Serena :)

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Haha, me too, I was a bit busy, but when vacation comes, I will post a lot here.
Everyday I look here, and it's growing a lot, thanks guys for supporting the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.