• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm a little disappointed about Chespin helping Sycamore, Serena and Bonnie. I Still hoping that Ash could be the one who saves Serena :)

I think Ash will attempt to save Serena, but Clemont and/or Limone will be the ones who actually succeed. Honestly though, it's not a big deal. Ash will have tons of opportunities to save Serena in the future and showcase his chivalrous side. I never expected every episode to have AmourShipping moments or hints anyway. There's just so much else going on and the writers can't always appease us.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
It's amusing to see how many people want shipping hints like every episode. It's only been 2 episodes since XY 7, lol. I'd rather have some space rather than this getting stale quickly. Better to keep some suspense going.

If you take any other Ash x girl ship, how often did any decent hints even come up? Most of that stuff was subjective from what I've read on shipping hint pages, very little actual objective stuff, and pretty much almost nothing on Ash's side to say the least. Not going against any ship, but back then, romance between main characters wasn't really much of a focus at all in the overall plot. Almost all subtle stuff if anything.

Graham Aker

II may not be a writer so I of course can't say one hundred percent what they'll do, but if they meant to pair her up with Citron, there would have been no reason for the writers to include the whole Serena-Satoshi backstory. They could have done a number of other new things to introduce her character.

As said, the whole Ash/Serena backstory might have just been done to draw more people in so as to see what their backstory was. After all, it had never been done before and it was a new twist and way to introduce a girl. Now sure, you could say they plan to go somewhere with it given all the things we've gotten so far too. That's plenty viable. You could even stretch it and say that, they were going for something between the two given their, and only their stuff is shown in the ending together. It could be either one of those

Plus, like I said before, the writers aren't going to make Serena like Satoshi any less as time goes on.

Of course she won't. I don't think realizing a guy/girl you like, doesn't feel the same way about you as you do them...but being their by their side and being as supportive as you can (while moving on in your focus) is liking them any less. If anything it is growing up, accepting setbacks and moving forward. I don't think her not being infatuated with him anymore =/= her liking him less. I will agree though if Bonnie starts insisting Serena and Clemont (he'd be the underdog obviously) hook up, it could be detrimental to her as a character...in some people's opinions of course. Because, yes...it would look like she's largely served for the purposes of shipping. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but seeing it be underestimated as a ship will only serve to upset people if it comes to fruition. The group is all around the same age this gen, so anything goes as far as I'm concerned (well except with Bonnie I guess).

Last edited:

Ash.mx

@Pixcalibur: Nothing wrong with it if the shipping itself "might" have something to do with ratings ; )

Ratings have nothing to do with episode quality. Unless you think a horse race filler in the first season is the best episode ever made isnce it had a rating of 18.

And Serena having a more soap opera like goal would be a nice change from the constant pokemon oriented goals other people have.

Nobody here said it was the best episode, and man, you are talking about the anime former glory..., neverthless, a 6.2 is high for todays pokemon anime standards .

But yeah, ratings usually gives you an idea of how much anticipation the episode had, not the actual quality of it. It doesn't matter if it was a crappy filler episode or not, ratings/viewer counts are heavily influenced by prior episodes and previews making people more interested in watching the show when the next episode air.So, the high rating is thanks to either the better animation and battles of the few first episodes that are bringing back old adepts/ fans or new ones ( wich I honestly doubt, because, let's face it , there aren't many people who care for the anime anymore...) , or it is thanks to the SatoSere thing going on that has got people's attention.

Now the point should be, do the producers/writers care about ratings at all? The most logic thing to think is that they do( or they should...), but I don't know to what extent... certainly not much because of the promotional nature of this anime that continues to change characters every new gen for the sake of it. As I said before, a shipping popularity hasn't been proven reason enough for them to cater to fans and decide to make it canon based just on that. If things were different, I imagine they'd have made Pokeshipping or Pearlshipping canon a long time ago...

Difference is, they are the ones pushing a shipping for the first time in years, not the fans. If the new director indeed care for the fans, I imagine they were testing the waters with these first few episodes, to see the reaction of the fandom, and then make some modifications to their original plan along the road according to it. Not saying SatoSere will become canon now thanks to the popularity its getting, but I really think they'll try at least to cater to those fans in some way or another (if only a little bit, like maybe adding more hints, or more shippy episodes to please the fans) and maybe it will make them think twice before deciding to drop the whole thing now.

That kind of make me doubt they will make Serena's crush just fade away, like Morning Sun said, it wouldn't make much sense to do that after they took the liberty to make that kind of backstory for them, only for it to go nowhere. People forget this is Pokemon we're talking about,things are usually played pretty straight forward, if anything, the only way the crush can go is up imo. Who knows, maybe past the point of being a simple crush and develop into real love by the end of the series.

If they don't care,well... no matter the consequences , they should be able to easily ignore what fans want and do whatever they want. Whether making this ship canon or not is already decided, or if they listen to fans or not, so be it. I'll just enjoy the ride.

But wow,who would have predicted that two episodes without hints would result in so much negativeness in this thread? I guess XY07 really raised the bar for people expectations... lol

Last edited:

taeuknam

That's where we disagree then haha. If the hints become too much one-sided, I don't see how it'll hurt the ship at all; in fact on the contrary. Satoshi is oblivious in nature so obviously expecting many hints from his side is wishful thinking. Plus it means the writers actually care enough about the ship to include so many hints to begin with.

On a side note: You can't please everyone I guess. Her girliness is endearing in my eyes though :p

I agree that Serena wont jump ship.

Serena's reasons to like ash:

Ash is the chosen one
Ash is brave
Ash is Selfless
Ash is good looking
Ash is highly likable
Ash saved her in the forest as kids
Ash isn't a nerdy loser

Serena's reasons to like Clemont:

Financial stability. Which is useless in a country where pre-schoolers give you money for beating up their pets.

Graham Aker

But wow,who would have predicted that two episodes without hints would result in so much negativeness in this thread? I guess XY07 really raised the bar for people expectations... lol

I've always taken a cautious step with this ship, given how strong it seems to be at the very start. There's alot of variables to consider (and over 100 episodes), i.e Bonnie trying to get Serena with Clemont (him being the underdog), a rival that may/or may not show up to get her focused, Ash not reciprocating, the ship succeeding or fading into obscurity.

It seems to be a very popular ship right now, both here and overseas (among the older fans mostly). That obvious. but the writers gonna do what they gonna do and if that's to "troll" then that's what they're gonna do. If they have them both confess awkwardly and keep their relationship steady, albeit long-distance for a while...I might tip my hat off to them. :p

Last edited:

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Things I don't want on this ship:
-Drew 2.0
-Too much Ash's denseness
-Jealous stuff (only a bit would be enough)
-Ship disappearing
Things I don't bother:
-Teasing from Bonnie/Limone about ClemontXSerena
People will get smarter and stop being too much excited about it, there's hype in the mix, because a lot of people got back after seeing that the anime got much better than BW, so only await and enjoy the ride and believe on the ship, there's always a possibility!
Obs: I don't want to be unfaithful, I want to make you see the ship from a more realistic way.

Last edited:

taeuknam

Question: What kind of hints do you want to see outside of the episodes?

I'd like to see Pokémon.com fully recognize serena's crush, and put it in her character description or something.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3

I'd like to see Pokémon.com fully recognize serena's crush, and put it in her character description or something.

Yep, that's a good one, by what I remember, Pokemon wiki already put this in her profile, I'd like to see a reference to it in real life, but I don't know how...

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Financial stability. Which is useless in a country where pre-schoolers give you money for beating up their pets.

Now that would be true in the games where little 5 year old kids giving you money after you winning. Even though it's very little, the fact of the matter is where they even get that money from or why they even need that in the first place I guess may as well be due to Nintendo Logic.

If the shipping hints were increasing in strength at the end of the series instead, that would be a different story to consider. Putting all this up front still leaves a lot of potential confounding factors that can change stuff later on. (e.g. CCS had its ship tease hints loading up towards the end of the series, thus leaving fewer variables that could get in the way)

Simple answer is that any explanation is up for grabs unless for some odd reason, a big objective shipping hint comes early.

taeuknam

Now that would be true in the games where little 5 year old kids giving you money after you winning. Even though it's very little, the fact of the matter is where they even get that money from or why they even need that in the first place I guess may as well be due to Nintendo Logic.

If the shipping hints were increasing in strength at the end of the series instead, that would be a different story to consider. Putting all this up front still leaves a lot of potential confounding factors that can change stuff later on. (e.g. CCS had its ship tease hints loading up towards the end of the series, thus leaving fewer variables that could get in the way)

Simple answer is that any explanation is up for grabs unless for some odd reason, a big objective shipping hint comes early.

What if Serena's hints remained constant while ash's hints loaded up towards the end? would that work?

Graham Aker

This is basically a short version of what I was saying. Having a ship start out so strong in the beginning of the series leaves room for it to stay strong and develop, just as much as there is a chance it could change or be altered in some way. OF course the characters would still care very much for each other, that goes without saying.

Amour has received a large amount of hype and get's a ton of views on sites like Pixiv every day. It's "main page" view count, has already surpassed Pokeshipping, Negaishipping, Wishfulshipping, and almost tied with Pearlshipping. Of course there aren't as any fan-arts yet and overall views for the art works themselves are much higher, but considering the highest amount in that category Pearlshipping with over a million views artwork wise and Amour already has around 350K in the first 9 EPISODES....that's crazy.

Last edited:

I want this quote printed on t-shirts and sold in every major retailer across the world. In fact, if you don't mind, I want to quote this in my signature once I get it reorganized.

As much as I fully second this motion, I have a feeling like I really don't want her having a crush on Ash to be her defining quality. I don't want Serena's crush on Ash to be what people immediately think of when they see her.

Then again, that's not what you were saying at all, but I'm just saying that if they do follow through with that, I don't want them to overdo it in the way that I mentioned. In my opinion, it's enough that she was presented with the incredible fact of having known Ash since they were children, and that already sets her apart from the other female companions.

taeuknam

I want this quote printed on t-shirts and sold in every major retailer across the world. In fact, if you don't mind, I want to quote this in my signature once I get it reorganized.

As much as I fully second this motion, I have a feeling like I really don't want her having a crush on Ash to be her defining quality. I don't want Serena's crush on Ash to be what people immediately think of when they see her.

Then again, that's not what you were saying at all, but I'm just saying that if they do follow through with that, I don't want them to overdo it in the way that I mentioned. In my opinion, it's enough that she was presented with the incredible fact of having known Ash since they were children, and that already sets her apart from the other female companions.

sure, please do!

and also, it wouldnt be the main part of her bio. it would just be one sentence, not even.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Is the new year's special not counted as an episode? it goes from xy011, then new years special, and then xy012?

We don't know what it's going to be yet, but chances are it's a clip show of some sort. Definitely not going to be a normal episode with a normal plot, though.

sure, please do!

and also, it wouldnt be the main part of her bio. it would just be one sentence, not even.

I know, but sometimes biographies of characters are over-done if they include that they have a crush on a certain character, sometimes making it the focal point of that character's biography. Like I said, I know it wasn't what you were saying, but I just wouldn't want it to happen if Game Freak were to release biographies on the characters.

dhruva3010

I don't know why many people are saying that serena x clemont would happen as anyone can see that serena feelings for ash in her expressions and also dont forget that she recognised ash as soon as she saw him on tv that shows us she has everlasting memory of ash and how important he would be to her. actually clemont and bonnie might get 4 or 5 episodes out of 50 episodes dedicated to them otherwise they are just sidekicks like brock without any goal, they xy story is all about ash's gym battles, team flare and mega evolutions, serena's sky battler goal and amourshipping(many think that ash is dense but he is not actually he falls in love with every girl she is waiting for perfect girl for him. he was interested in gissele in OS after that he might have felt that all other girls he had met uninteresting until now. he was a bit embarressed while asking serena to join the group he was rubbing his cheeks when he asked her the writers might have hinted us that serena would kiss him on his cheek in future ash said "we could help each other out in future at that time")

Sorry not to dissapoint any pokeshippers but the writers gave us a hint at the last episode of bw series that misty inviited tracey for the ceruleum city maybe to go dating with him at ceruleum cape. this was actually not required unless they want to end any potential shipping between ash and misty. so now all cleared to get a girlfriend.

[Off Topic] At the end of the last episode of bw for the first time ash promised his mom that he would win the kalos league so may be this time he could win the league

jhanig

Hollow Back Dasher
Yeah I would be disappointed if Serena ends up with Clemont. Like few people have said before, I would stop watching if that happens. It happened when Misty left and I didn't get back into the show until Sinnoh League Victors. A few more hints next few episodes so I don't have to get a headache from conversations of Serena and Clemont - makes me cringe every time I see the names together in one line :(

EDIT: Oh, I hope Ash wins the league this time and then a story arc with his journey to battle the elite four and then the champion (it would be like the Battle Frontier season). New character I would be fine too maybe they do get together in the end and have a child with a pichu on a new journey

Also, it is obvious that I am following this shipping as this is my first post since joining in 2011. So excited on what to come for Pokemon XY! I really hope this goes canon as Pokeshipping didn't :/

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
@ dhruva3010: there are things you said that are not true or haven't been confirmed:
- Serena is not a sky battler
- People don't think that Citron x Serena will happen but rather they think it's a possibility now (I don't lol)
- Nothing has been said about Misty inviting Tracey on a date or going on one with him. Plus it's a little off topic.

But I agree with how some people made the CitronxSerena thing a big deal. Honestly they can interact with one another without people assuming they might end up together. Some people all of a sudden fear Citron taking away Serena. I didn't think it was a big deal and I actually thought it was funny and I am an AmourShipper. In fact, it kind of goes against the Serena x Citron ship because none of them blushed or anything. Just regular Citron getting embarrassed because one of his family members brought up the idea of romance. And Serena just chuckled politely. No big deal so again I wonder why people keep bringing it up? I swear to god if I see another post that says "it sucks that Serena and Citron blah blah blah..." I will throttle someone. This topic has been brought up too much. Can people now stop addressing it? Please? The comments in this thread are slowly starting to irritate me :$

Last edited:

Queequeg

Have you seen Serena's house and the meadow? I think Serena is doing very well. She has 0 reason to like Clemont, they just don't click.

It will be interesting though if the writers introduce some sort of rival to Ash for Serena (even though I don't want to see it).

Status
Not open for further replies.