• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not, it is too cliche.

I would take cliche over boring.

I think the concept of a rival or even a one-sided love from someone else will spice up things. The whole flashback thing was already wrapped up. There's really not much fun left in the anime to deal with. I don't want to sound like someone drowning the thread with negativity, but honestly the interactions between Ash and Serena weren't really interesting or shippy in episode 7,8, 9. It seems as if all the "romance" was filled into episode 5,6 through the flashbacks. There's really nothing going on between them right now.

I don't want excessive shipping episodes or anything but a few moments once in a while will really help. Cliche concepts like rival etc. will at least make things a bit interesting. The Amourshipper in me was excited in episode 6 and a bit in episode 7. But the last two episodes were really meh in terms of shipping.

Trainer Red 626

I honestly agree with you the last few episodes haven't really focused on Ash and Serena at all . I am thinking when are we going to see hints between the two of them will it be after this weeks episode or during this weeks episode? i hope we get more hints between them .

GamefanPPG

Eureka's Fan
Probably do this question is forbidden here so if is posible, someone can reply me by a PM.

There is a site where you can watch online the pokemon XY 09 from PM subs? everyplace I search have that anonsub what came from nowhere and I really want to watch it from PM subs. But this pc cant play 720p videos.

I honestly agree with you the last few episodes haven't really focused on Ash and Serena at all . I am thinking when are we going to see hints between the two of them will it be after this weeks episode or during this weeks episode? i hope we get more hints between them .

Can't say for sure, but we'll probably get hints in episodes that will focus more on Ash's gym battles and his training. The rest maybe fillers with a bit of hints.

Anyway, with regards to the rival or 3rd wheel, if there's going to be a guy that will fall in love with Serena, I hope it's only good for one episode. I can see it now, this guy will flirt with Serena but he will see that she likes Ash and then gets mad at him and challenges him to a Pokemon battle and Ash will accept the challenge without knowing the whole reason behind it. Then Serena will be there rooting for Ash. After the battle, The guy will tell Ash good luck and wishes both him and Serena a great future as a couple.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Can't say for sure, but we'll probably get hints in episodes that will focus more on Ash's gym battles and his training. The rest maybe fillers with a bit of hints.

Anyway, with regards to the rival or 3rd wheel, if there's going to be a guy that will fall in love with Serena, I hope it's only good for one episode. I can see it now, this guy will flirt with Serena but he will see that she likes Ash and then gets mad at him and challenges him to a Pokemon battle and Ash will accept the challenge without knowing the whole reason behind it. Then Serena will be there rooting for Ash. After the battle, The guy will tell Ash good luck and wishes both him and Serena a great future as a couple together.

You mean like Kenny then

Honestly I only expect Hints in episodes focused in Serena lol

Trainer Red 626

I could see that happening it has happened before back in the orange island saga . Hopefully if they do have a 3rd wheel it should only be for 1 episode like you said because it if was for multiple episodes that would be just like what happen back in the advanced saga.

I could see that happening it has happened before back in the orange island saga . Hopefully if they do have a 3rd wheel it should only be for 1 episode like you said because it if was for multiple episodes that would be just like what happen back in the advanced saga.

Yep, as cheesy as it may sound but this is the only time that I will allow a rivalry. If they ever do the same thing like in Advance, then I swear I'd rage quit Pokemon..............Just kidding, Pokemon is my childhood and it will always be part of me. :p

I'd just probably move back to being an Advanceshipper that I used to be or Support Pearlshipping which I'm starting to like as well or hope for Leaf's appearance.

Back to the topic! Woohoo, finally after a long battle against Procrastination my arch nemessis, I've finally done 4 Amourshipping artworks. Though it's still in sketch but I'll edit them for coloring after my procrastination, damn you internet!!

Last edited:

Trainer Red 626

I think that if they have a rivalry and they do it correctly i will be ok with it as long as its done correctly . I think eventually we will see leaf in the anime I wonder if there will be a rival that is a boy or a girl this time around?

AshSerena

I would take cliche over boring.

I think the concept of a rival or even a one-sided love from someone else will spice up things. The whole flashback thing was already wrapped up. There's really not much fun left in the anime to deal with. I don't want to sound like someone drowning the thread with negativity, but honestly the interactions between Ash and Serena weren't really interesting or shippy in episode 7,8, 9. It seems as if all the "romance" was filled into episode 5,6 through the flashbacks. There's really nothing going on between them right now.

I don't want excessive shipping episodes or anything but a few moments once in a while will really help. Cliche concepts like rival etc. will at least make things a bit interesting. The Amourshipper in me was excited in episode 6 and a bit in episode 7. But the last two episodes were really meh in terms of shipping.

True :x, like i said its like the writers probably did the episode 1-7 to get people attention. after that probably no more hint this coming episode.
Actually its getting bored now :p

GamefanPPG

Eureka's Fan
What I noticed is beside the first Gym leader and the Profesor what are obligatory characters to appear ( between others ), it doesnt appear any important "character of the day" what be important in episode plot in the last 9 episodes just Jessica. Seem like for now writers want to focus in develop the 4 main characters first before show more new characters.

Maybe bad english but hope everyone can understand. :p

True :x, like i said its like the writers probably did the episode 1-7 to get people attention. after that probably no more hint this coming episode.

Let's not get bored now. We'll see more hints, I'm pretty sure of it. If they only did the whole childhood flashback and reunion thing to attract viewers back then there's a high chance that they will get ditched again. They won't do that unless they want to really have their fans stop watching the anime.

Back to topic, I think heard that Serena's character is Satoshi Tajiri's favorite above all the previous female companions (I forgot where I found this). Do you think Serena is based on his childhood crush or wife? Wait, is the guy even married or something?

Last edited:

JazeBlack

Sinnoh Champion
Finally catched up, i always say that LOL.

I'm happy that the whole ClemontXSerena thing is over, it was horrible, and let's not mention it again, moving on, i'd like the idea of a CoTW getting a ''small'' crush on Ash, i agree that jealously is not the best route to take, but well, they might play it safe unless they can make something unique, which i think they can.

Trainer Red 626

If the writers do that and develop the 4 main characters first that is a smart idea to do i think it is a good thing for them to focus on the main characters then they can focus on the characters of the day that's how i see it. Your English isn't bad its good.

Sephora

yes I'm back

You are kidding right? It's only been two episodes and it is getting "boring" now to you? Not every episode is supposed to focus on Serena and Satoshi you know. I am glad that we had a Citron focused episode last week since he needs development and I just love his character. If they included hints in every episode, they would be alienating the non-shippers. If that is "boring" to you, so be it. Personally I find balance to be key to a successful series. We will get a hint soon so don't worry. Again, it's only been two episodes. You make it sound like it's been twenty lol.

Trainer Red 626

@Morning Sun I couldn't agree more with you balance is very important in a series i personally really like the episode based of Clemont and Bonnie especially the episode where he is taking back his gym . His character is really interesting i hope we get to see more of him during the upcoming episodes . I cant wait to see what the writers have in store for us in the upcoming episodes i don't get why people are complaining about there not being hints between Ash and Serena every episode .

You are kidding right? It's only been two episodes and it is getting "boring" now to you? Not every episode is supposed to focus on Serena and Satoshi you know. I am glad that we had a Citron focused episode last week since he needs development and I just love his character. If they included hints in every episode, they would be alienating the non-shippers. If that is "boring" to you, so be it. Personally I find balance to be key to a successful series. We will get a hint soon so don't worry. Again, it's only been two episodes. You make it sound like it's been twenty lol.

Exactly, you can't expect every episode to be shippy. At least give way to the other characters. Don't forget that this is still a shounen Anime with less romance.

Edit: I don't want to call it a children's show since many teenagers and adults still love to watch the anime....Including me.

Last edited:

GamefanPPG

Eureka's Fan
I agree, unlike the common anime romance what have around 12 episodes, this is pokemon, what usually have more than 150 episodes. Lot of time and chances to give to the shipping some attention.

Lets be patience. :p

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

Let's just hope that they won't become twenty. :p

But I agree. Shoving hint after hint can become really annoying for the non-shippers, so it's good that they're taking some breaks. After all, this is still Pokémon, an anime about battles and friendship, so they have the priority.

JazeBlack

Sinnoh Champion

I pretty much agree with you, up until DP people said that Brock received no Character Development, i don't think that, but it seems we have nothing to worry about since the characters are getting worked up pretty early, which is a good thing, the writers have outdone themselves, and we've only seen the tip of the iceberg, though if i remember, you said that you didn't mind choking on this ship lol, JK, we will eventually see scratch marks on the inside of Ash's shell of denseness, or so i hope.

AshSerena

Yeah ur ryt, sorry bout that i just said my own opinion lol

Status
Not open for further replies.