• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On YT, but you have to be quick before TV Tokyo has them removed.

tzhaa

I don't know who that is since I've never watched Bleach. I just hope that Serena is a shy character since we seem to have every other type (tsundere, bubbly, outgoing, etc.) but that.
And I think shy Serena would fit with Ash's personality.

Hmm have you ever watched Naruto? It's like the Hinata type. The shy, quiet yet strong and loyal kinda girl who always tends to have a major crush on the main character, who always seems to be headstrong, reckless yet kindhearted.

Master Trainer Empoleon

Hmm have you ever watched Naruto? It's like the Hinata type. The shy, quiet yet strong and loyal kinda girl who always tends to have a major crush on the main character, who always seems to be headstrong, reckless yet kindhearted.

Oh God, let's not go there. PLEASE.

Anyway, I can't wait to see their initial encounter.

tzhaa

Oh God, let's not go there. PLEASE.

Anyway, I can't wait to see their initial encounter.

Huh? I was just saying she has 'that' type of characteristic, don't get your panties in a twist :p

And yeah their initial conversation should be interesting, I'm extremely curious as to who they will get as her voice actor in the dub.

ThatOneQuilava

Huh? I was just saying she has 'that' type of characteristic, don't get your panties in a twist :p

And yeah their initial conversation should be interesting, I'm extremely curious as to who they will get as her voice actor in the dub.

Man, if they got Veronica Taylor... Let's just leave it at that. Then again, ridiculously unlikely.

;156;

Blaziken77

Looks like this thread exploded today!!
Can one of you fellow AshxSerena shippers tell me what happened??!? I'm dying to know hahaha

ThatOneQuilava

Looks like this thread exploded today!!
Can one of you fellow AshxSerena shippers tell me what happened??!? I'm dying to know hahaha

What didn't happen today? Aside from the preview of the X and Y animé, which was loaded chalk full of hints (seriously. Full. Of. Hints.), nothing too eventful. If you're lucky, the preview episode will still be up. Go watch it. It won't disappoint

;156;

tzhaa

Man, if they got Veronica Taylor... Let's just leave it at that. Then again, ridiculously unlikely.

;156;

That would be a surprise if they got Veronica back, although if they did I'd be wanting her to be Ash again... but that's a whole mess of buried drama that's best left there lol.

Dawn's voice actor was perfect, and Veronica will always be May to me. I just hope they don't flop with Serena's voice.

And as to why this thread has suddenly exploded, well I guess its cause X and Y are so close to release and everyone is super pumped :p

skybattler262

Wow, just 8 hours of sleeping and we already got this HUGE hype? I mean, just 4 pages just added in just, wait, 8 hours?
Anyway, I have to admit it... I'm a Pokeshipper canon-wise due to the huge hints we are having back then (and Contestshipping to an extent because of the nearly canon-like development, let me stress nearly canon like development...)
However, when I saw Serena's profile, I'm just WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!? Serena simply beats Misty in terms of the early girl argument and the most in-canon potential... and we didn't have a single episode thus far!
It is as if the childhood friend theme is designed by the writers to simply shatter Pokeshipping to the roots of it's arguments...
Now, I'm considering both being true, but more likely, AshxSerena might beat this in the short run... the hankerchief thing AND a memory associated with it proves that something already happened in the two's pass

ThatOneQuilava

That would be a surprise if they got Veronica back, although if they did I'd be wanting her to be Ash again... but that's a whole mess of buried drama that's best left there lol.

Dawn's voice actor was perfect, and Veronica will always be May to me. I just hope they don't flop with Serena's voice.

And as to why this thread has suddenly exploded, well I guess its cause X and Y are so close to release and everyone is super pumped :p

Lol, imagine if they did?
*Scene opens, you see cute 'lil Serena*

"Hey guys! Wait up!", she yells, in a... DEEP BURLY MANVOICE...

*They all shudder in horror.*

That's what it'd be like.

;156;

@tzhaa, keep in mind that some like the dub, so I highly doubt Serena's eng voice will flop. They are voice actors, not immitaters, so whoever can't sound like her japanese voice.

ThatOneQuilava

While we're on the topic, I've always wondered why people hate the dub. I mean, sure there are some differences, yes, but I don't think that the dub's bad. I actually kinda like it.

;156;

tzhaa

I never said I hated the dub, I like the dub. I prefered the older voice cast to be sure, but that doesn't mean I dislike it in anyway.

All I was getting at is that I hope Serena's voice ends up fitting her character perfectly, as I can see her becoming one of my favorite additions to the show since Dawn.

Sephora

yes I'm back
While we're on the topic, I've always wondered why people hate the dub. I mean, sure there are some differences, yes, but I don't think that the dub's bad. I actually kinda like it.

;156;

I don't hate it either, it's just that I prefer the original over it. And a lot of other people do too I guess.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
try not to veer off topic
please and thank you!

@tzhaa, as long you're not bias for 4Kids I won't have a problem.

Emily (Dawn's va) did a good job as her. She was a bit shaky, but grew into her voice.

tzhaa

@tzhaa, as long you're not bias for 4Kids I won't have a problem.

Emily (Dawn's va) did a good job as her. She was a bit shaky, but grew into her voice.

Nah I like the new voice actors, Emily makes a perfect Dawn and I've grown to really enjoy the new dub cast.

Anyways, yeah let's try to stay on topic.

Ash.mx

Wow, I go for a few hours and the are +5 pages since I left, the hype is crazy- And after the special and those scenes with good reasons. ; )

As an Advanceshipper myself, I think Serena looks and possible will act much like May did, so yeah it may be one of the reasons I support a shipping since the old AG days. Actually as many have said, the AG vibes are huge, and not only because the main girl, and that there are a 4 group travelling, but more because the whole X & Y hype and premise.

Anyway, are we just taking for fact that the meeting took place in Kanto? or is there information for this? I'm just thinking it could be Ash with his mom visiting somewhere or someone's place. Do you remeber Molly, the little girl from the 3rd movie?

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Anyway, are we just taking for fact that the meeting took place in Kanto? or is there information for this? I'm just thinking it could be Ash with his mom visiting somewhere or someone's place. Do you remeber Molly, the little girl from the 3rd movie?

Yeah but like, Molly and her parents also visited Pallet Town too, so. Plus, Ash has never heard of Kalos, so for them to have visited from there, either means;

1. They didn't mention they're from Kalos.

2. Ash really truly has bad memory loss.

I think Serena grew up in Pallet Town and moved only awhile before Ash set out on his journey, maybe 1 or 2 years before they were 10. If they're going to make Serena know Ash and have some sort of connection, they might as well go all out. :p

And, growing up as childhood friends is sorta more likely anyway, then visiting for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.