• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

I'm still trying to figure out which scene is first. The scene where, she (re)introduces herself, with her blushing slightly after. Or the scene when Ash is injured/grimy from doing w/e and she hands him the cloth to clean himself up with and ask him if he remembers her?

Sephora

yes I'm back
I'm still trying to figure out which scene is first. The scene where, she (re)introduces herself, with her blushing slightly after. Or the scene when Ash is injured/grimy from doing w/e and she hands him the cloth to clean himself up with and ask him if he remembers her?

I am wondering that, too.
I'm guessing that the scene where she hands him the handkerchief comes first before she (re)introduces herself. I think this because Serena asks him if he remembers her in that scene, and thus, he does not know her name. I think later on she introduces herself, because it wouldn't make sense to tell someone "do you remember me?" when you introduced yourself like short time ago. Do you get what I am trying to say?

LeWLWuT

Dostedt
Just concentrate on the road, guys! We haven't arrived at our first stop yet.

So to answer this:

Given the information we have thus far, how close do you think Serena and Ash are?

By pure logic, they are childhood friends. Which means that we can all assume that they are close. Friends. Just that. Close friends. They are friends back in the day, so they are
close.

Are we done? No? Well, then. Let's dig deeper.
If they are indeed childhood sweethearts like most of you believe, her moving away from Kanto must have been a heavy blow between these two. But of course, the severed ties will be reconnected once again. Question is, how tight will the reconnection be? And how long will it hold?

Sephora

yes I'm back
Given the information we have thus far, how close do you think Serena and Ash are?

Hard to stay. It is mostly speculation at this point, and I feel like we've discussed all the possibilities already:
- childhood friends
- one time thing
Just gotta wait for more info to be revealed I guess :)

ThatOneQuilava

And, once again, this thread grows ever bigger.

By pure logic, they are childhood friends. Which means that we can all assume that they are close. Friends. Just that. Close friends. They are friends back in the day, so they are
close.

The fact that they are childhood friends is *pretty much* undeniable by now. It's what follows that interests me.

Are we done? No? Well, then. Let's dig deeper.
If they are indeed childhood sweethearts like most of you believe, her moving away from Kanto must have been a heavy blow between these two. But of course, the severed ties will be reconnected once again. Question is, how tight will the reconnection be? And how long will it hold?

This is a very interesting way to look at the situation. If it ends up being like that, I think that it could go one of two ways:

A) They slowly pick up where they left off and in the end, everything is alright, or;
B) They'll try, but there'll always be that awkward barrier between the two.

Obviously, I, like many others, am hoping for the former to be true. Then again, who knows? Maybe the writers will go with the second option and as the series progresses, merge into the first one. After some significant event or something.

Damn. The wait is killing me.

;156;

Graham Aker

I think later on she introduces herself, because it wouldn't make sense to tell someone "do you remember me?" when you introduced yourself like short time ago. Do you get what I am trying to say?

Makes sense when you look at it that way. They look like they are alone in that scene, so I'm curious as to what Ash was doing and why he's so grimed up. If this scene is indeed their first encounter, and she remembers his name...that's pretty cool. But there's always the possibility she will hear it on T.V or something too I guess after the whole Garchomp thing.

The fact that they are childhood friends is *pretty much* undeniable by now. It's what follows that interests me.

I still think it's a bit to soon to say that lol. I'm leaning more towards it being a one-off thing that stuck with her, and that was her trigger to start traveling. Of course, they could also be childhood friends too...and Ash could just have a horrendous memory and not remember hanging out with her at all lol.

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed

Not saying it's for sure but it looks fairy clear Serena gives Ash the napkin and faintly asks "do you remember me" then, stands up, reintroduces herself. If it were the other way around, I'd be thinking what's Ash doing talking to some girl while his Pokemon is on the floor hurt. So..

They're either childhood friends or just met once, I'm leaning towards childhood friends since I'm hoping for it. If so, I guess they'd be sorta close.

I'm hoping Serena will be as close to Ash, as he is with Pikachu. I'd find it interesting if they could somehow involve Pikachu into it then.

Graham Aker

Not saying it's for sure but it looks fairy clear Serena gives Ash the napkin and faintly asks "do you remember me" then, stands up, reintroduces herself. If it were the other way around, I'd be thinking what's Ash doing talking to some girl while his Pokemon is on the floor hurt. So..

Just trying to connect the scenes is a bit difficult -

I mean here is the "remember me?" scene:

[img139]http://i44.*******.com/24e954k.jpg[/img139]

And here is the one with the blushing and her "Atashi, Serena":

[img139]http://i43.*******.com/121tqau.png[/img139]

Notice she has her bag on in this shot (animation error?), which she's also seen wearing in the episode where she picks her starter (and Ash is nowhere to be seen). But also, there is a scene with the whole group playing with Chespin and Fennekin. She's not in the 4th episode with Ash and co. either seemingly. A bit confusing.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
Just trying to connect the scenes is a bit difficult -

I mean here is the "remember me?" scene:

[img139]http://i44.*******.com/24e954k.jpg[/img139]

And here is the one with the blushing and her "Atashi, Serena":

[img139]http://i43.*******.com/121tqau.png[/img139]

Notice she has her bag on in this shot (animation error?), which she's also seen wearing in the episode where she picks her starter (and Ash is nowhere to be seen). But also, there is a scene with the whole group playing with Chespin and Fennekin. She's not in the 4th episode with Ash and co. either seemingly. A bit confusing.

Yeah, it's very confusing isn't it?
I think the "remember me?" scene comes before the "introducing" scene though. I think after the "Atashi, Serena" Serena joins Ash and Co. on their adventures. Again, confusing; all we can do now is wait.

I love the "remember me?" scene though. It is very cute and I already saw it 3 times LOL <3

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, it's very confusing isn't it?
I think the "remember me?" scene comes before the "introducing" scene though. I think after the "Atashi, Serena" Serena joins Ash and Co. on their adventures. Again, confusing; all we can do now is wait.

I love the "remember me?" scene though. It is very cute and I already saw it 3 times LOL <3

I think the scene where Ash is standing up happens directly after the first one. She says "remember me?" and then she winds up blushing after whatever Ash says.

Graham Aker

I think the scene where Ash is standing up happens directly after the first one. She says "remember me?" and then she winds up blushing after whatever Ash says.

Unless there is a major animation error (not that the writers are immune to such a thing), that's not possible given her bag is on in one shot and not the other.

SoarStaraptor

Anyone know what happened before Serena walks up to Ash? Like, why is Ash messed up?

ThatOneQuilava

Anyone know what happened before Serena walks up to Ash? Like, why is Ash messed up?
No idea, but that's because I've only seen the previews once.

On another note, I was at a Pokemon X and Y pre-release gathering here in Ottawa just a few hours ago. I saw a chick who was cosplaying as Serena and she was hanging out with some others cosplaying as Hilda, Lyra and... Ash. T'was pretty sweet.

;156;

Sephora

yes I'm back

We don`t know yet. They don`t tell us in the special. It is cute how Serena hands Ash the handkerchief though, and I wonder if Ash remembers her or not.

On a side note, I am not going to be posting as much since the games are out! Finally :D

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
Phew, just read the whole thread, that was a lot to take in.

In my opinion, just the possibility of them being childhood friends or having met together gives the ship a boost for me. I'm a pearlshipping person but I just might turn to Ash x Serena!

Azurelight

The Key of Destiny
I personally think that Ash and Serena were particularly close friends as children; he must have done something big for her as he seems to have been someone on her mind for years. I think he either saved her life at some point or opened her eyes to some kind of dream. Anyway, I think she just might be Ash's closest female companion friend, hopefully more! :)

Navin

MALDREAD
With X&Y games introducing romance (something the show hasn't yet had with Ash yet), Ash and Serena being childhood friends, the setting being like France, Ash appearing older (IMO) and acting older/more mature (even though he may technically be '10' Serena in the games is supposed to be 16), the stage is set perfectly for these two.

If anything doesn't come out of it, I think it's to easy to say that no romance will ever occur with Ash unless the show fast-forwards to several years later or they bring back Misty permanently.

NPT

Just a member
With X&Y games introducing romance (something the show hasn't yet had with Ash yet), Ash and Serena being childhood friends, the setting being like France, Ash appearing older (IMO) and acting older/more mature (even though he may technically be '10' Serena in the games is supposed to be 16), the stage is set perfectly for these two.

Serena is supposed to be 16......Only In The Games, not in the anime. I'm sure they'll make Serena's age same as Ash's age.

If anything doesn't come out of it, I think it's to easy to say that no romance will ever occur with Ash unless the show fast-forwards to several years later or they bring back Misty permanently.

Misty?! What does Misty has to do with this shipping? What are you talking about? I don't get it...

Anyway, the chances of Ash suddenly aging, are slim...very slim. But there's still a chance(big chance) of romance between Ash and Serena in the XY anime.

BTW, I hope this shipping won't be named as 'Pettieshipping', I don't like the name at all. AmourShipping and KalosShipping are way better names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.