• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybattler262

With X&Y games introducing romance (something the show hasn't yet had with Ash yet), Ash and Serena being childhood friends, the setting being like France, Ash appearing older (IMO) and acting older/more mature (even though he may technically be '10' Serena in the games is supposed to be 16), the stage is set perfectly for these two.

If the information is true, then perhaps... great, first, Ano Hana, now Hetalia vibes? Alright, just allow me to scream...
WHAT THE HECK IS FRANCE DOING HERE?!?!?!?!?
Oh well, the writers better end Ash and Serena together or Maldread's option two will happen

If anything doesn't come out of it, I think it's to easy to say that no romance will ever occur with Ash unless the show fast-forwards to several years later or they bring back Misty permanently.

P.S. I'm going to make a fanfic crossover on the first 5 episodes of the X and Y series in a form of a sub-plot... right after my stories are finished... It seems that right now, SatoSere is getting more plausible

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
^I hear you there NewPokemontrainer, just started work on my second chapter of my fanfic, what I would like to see is the rivaly between Serena and Bonnie in this series, since we could see them competing for Ash, I am hoping Serena wins this one, but with the recent release of the games and a bit of romance showing up in the games, it would be interesting to see how it works out for SatoSere, my hopes for this anime is for it to be more interesting than the last seasons, but I hope the anime directors actually try new things with this series, and it seems like they are doing just that with Ash and Serena, I would like to see how well they work together as the series progresses, should be very interesting.

aipomadvanceshipper

This is a game spoiler so don't click
they say a little French in the games
it explains the fletchling
with this being a French setting, do you think Serena will tease Ash with a little French? Or even say je t'aime to him, knowing that he won't know what that means?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

skybattler262

Looks like the Frenchie jokes just keep coming!
In the anime, they did Italy in the movie (Altomare... P.S. rumors are circulating that Italians are the best lovers), now they are making France as a SERIES!!!!
Anyway, je t'aime (meaning I love you in French) would make a very fun setting! Anyone who is brave enough to do this scenario stated by aipomadvanceshipper? That would be hilarious!
As long as the likes of Joan of Arc appears in the series (or would be?).
Sorry for the stereotyping... Seems that my Hetalia vibes are now coming out...

aipomadvanceshipper

Looks like the Frenchie jokes just keep coming!
In the anime, they did Italy in the movie (Altomare... P.S. rumors are circulating that Italians are the best lovers), now they are making France as a SERIES!!!!
Anyway, je t'aime (meaning I love you in French) would make a very fun setting! Anyone who is brave enough to do this scenario stated by aipomadvanceshipper? That would be hilarious!
As long as the likes of Joan of Arc appears in the series (or would be?).
Sorry for the stereotyping... Seems that my Hetalia vibes are now coming out...

I can imagine Serena now
Serena: Je t'aime Ash
Ash: Bless you

Last edited:

LeWLWuT

Dostedt
I can imagine Serena now
Serena: Je t'aime Ash
Ash: Bless you

Oh nononononononononononononononononononononononononono... that won't do...

Pokemon themes are something like "The world is just one big country where everybody speaks the same language." That kind of stuff. Serena teaching Ash French is like hunting for Bigfoot. So no way in hell is that happening.

Although I want to see Serena show Ash the customs of this region... that's appropriate.

Azurelight

The Key of Destiny
As for Serena's age, they definitely made her the same age as Ash. I mean, compare her to her game counterpart; she looks younger. I think that's why they made her collar white, to give her a more youthful appearance. The sunglasses are gone too, which kind of give off a more innocent, sweet look compared to the cool and hip look of the game counterpart. The writers are literally teasing me, I can't wait any longer to see what happens.

skybattler262

Oh nononononononononononononononononononononononononono... that won't do...

Pokemon themes are something like "The world is just one big country where everybody speaks the same language." That kind of stuff. Serena teaching Ash French is like hunting for Bigfoot. So no way in hell is that happening.

Although I want to see Serena show Ash the customs of this region... that's appropriate.
Um, how about the times Ash and co. said 'Ciao!' and 'arrivederci' when they visited Alto Mare (They should've added Ve~ though)? That alone proves that there are other languages aside from the usual English (and Japanese)

LeWLWuT

Dostedt
Um, how about the times Ash and co. said 'Ciao!' and 'arrivederci' when they visited Alto Mare (They should've added Ve~ though)? That alone proves that there are other languages aside from the usual English (and Japanese)

That's a movie. Movies aren't canon.

Also, those words are loanwords nowadays. That or they speak Esperanto.

Azurelight;;16513893 said:
As for Serena's age, they definitely made her the same age as Ash. I mean, compare her to her game counterpart; she looks younger. I think that's why they made her collar white, to give her a more youthful appearance. The sunglasses are gone too, which kind of give off a more innocent, sweet look compared to the cool and hip look of the game counterpart. The writers are literally teasing me, I can't wait any longer to see what happens.

Yeah, that. |I saw a fanart of it. I think it is lost in the vast Internet. That got me hooked to this particular pairing. Hold on, let me look for it...

EDIT: FOUND IT!

1378361248220.JPG

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Seems like the games, if you take the boy it's actually Shauna that you watch the fireworks with and that's implied to like you not Serena. From what we've seen, so far at least, it seems the writers made it Serena in the anime.

Last edited:

SoarStaraptor

^I just got to that! I was wondering if something like that would happen.

BlueDragonfangirl

Seems like the games, if you take the boy it's actually Shauna that you watch the fireworks with and that's implied to like you not Serena. From what we've seen, so far at least, it seems the writers made it Serena in the anime.

Maybe she could be Serena's rival though, that'd be fun :D

ThatOneQuilava

That's a movie. Movies aren't canon.

Actually, they are. Just thought I'd correct that.

Oh, and the fireworks part. Let me say that I was extremely surprised. A new milestone, to be sure.

;156;

Navin

MALDREAD
Serena is supposed to be 16......Only In The Games, not in the anime. I'm sure they'll make Serena's age same as Ash's age.

Misty?! What does Misty has to do with this shipping? What are you talking about? I don't get it...

Anyway, the chances of Ash suddenly aging, are slim...very slim. But there's still a chance(big chance) of romance between Ash and Serena in the XY anime.

BTW, I hope this shipping won't be named as 'Pettieshipping', I don't like the name at all. AmourShipping and KalosShipping are way better names.

I'll firmly cling onto the belief that Ash is Serena's age, so he is 16. It would make any romance between them more feasible.

Sorry, I brought up Misty because IMO the only other shipping (with the scenes to back it up) involving Ash that ever existed was Pokeshipping. At least Misty definitely showed signs of liking Ash, and Ash showed signs of jealously, etc. ANYWAY, that's just my opinion (although shared by a lot of people). So if they brought back Misty as a main character, then there is a good chance of that happening again.

All I'm saying is that if nothing comes out of this, despite the plethora of hints being thrown our way, then we shouldn't really come to expect any romance with Ash x someone unless they show Ash years later in some special.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Serena was confirmed to be 10 years old when she was first introduced. So Ash is probably still 10 (or hopefully older?!)... who knows?
But enough about the ages, and here is a topic for you guys:
How do you wish they met the first time when they were little kids? In other words, what scenario did you envision their first meeting?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Serena was confirmed to be 10 years old when she was first introduced. So Ash is probably still 10 (or hopefully older?!)... who knows?
But enough about the ages, and here is a topic for you guys:
How do you wish they met the first time when they were little kids? In other words, what scenario did you envision their first meeting?

Serena running away from a pokemon.

After a fight with Gary in the summertime in a little area in town.

Anyway, started my AshxSerena XY story summuay will try and get it done before Oct 19th. It's a flashback prolouge with those going with him to Kalos thinking back their adventures with one last memory focused on Ash and Serena. I recommend both BW and XY soundtracks because there will be feels.

skybattler262

After a fight with Gary in the summertime in a little area in town.

Anyway, started my AshxSerena XY story summuay will try and get it done before Oct 19th. It's a flashback prolouge with those going with him to Kalos thinking back their adventures with one last memory focused on Ash and Serena. I recommend both BW and XY soundtracks because there will be feels.
How about 'Secret Wish' from Ano Hana? This childhood friend stuff is ALWAYS reminding me of the nostalgia these characters have... P.S. Anyone willing to make a banner like this one?

Last edited:

LeWLWuT

Dostedt
Movies aren't canon. It's been that way for a million years. Saying it's canon is like saying dinosaurs still roam the planet. And I mean the giant lizards, not the flying ones we have today.

Serena has been nerfed down to Ash's age. Anyone who says they are 16 is crazy. It's a kid's show, for crying out loud.

Why bring up Ano Hana reference?
Do you want Serena to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.