1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by BlueDragonfangirl, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queequeg

Queequeg Well-Known Member

Of course, in fact if you've seen Spirited Away, ash reminded me of that scene where the parents are eating and the dad was sucking up the food like Ash was. Unfortunately, this may disgust Serena if she notices (like when he choked on the cookies) unless she enjoys his 'enthusiasm'

2. taeuknam

taeuknam OTP is Amourshipping

Hopefully she likes men with big appetites, and when they are married, she can make him lots of food.

Maybe she can use food to make ash love her? Feed him Macarons, drink a smoothie from the same cup as him, etc.
    I mean, I'm almost convinced he only loves his mom because of her cooking.

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

While that would be funny, I don't think Serena will use food to seduce Ash. I mean I'd like to see her bake more macaroons for him, but not just because I think Ash loves food; I think it would be cute if she made him macaroons when he's feeling depressed so it could make Ash happy. I'm sure there will be times when Ash will be upset that he lost a battle or something, and Serena's macaroons could serve as comfort food for him. That's really one of the few ways I can see Serena's baking skills being put to good use tbf.

4. I agree. Serena just using food to get Ash's attention really sounds like a poor way to do so, and she needs to put variety in her affections if she is ever to get his feelings back. Baking macaroons should be used only when the situation calls for it. :)

5. terra1396

terra1396 Well-Known Member

Lol glad someone noticed but let's hope that contrast doesn't clash one day. Im guessing Serena is gonna be like that sometimes, she looked classy.

6. taeuknam

Then maybe she can woo him by giving him megastones, in the same way a husband gives a wife jewelry? I mean, the only things that ash seems to be interested in is Pokémon, food, and "The Power of Science", and serena can't really compete with clemont on the last one.

7. Master Trainer Empoleon

Master Trainer Empoleon Well-Known Member

I can't wait for XY dub too fully hit the US! I bet the meeting scene between Ash and Serena will be even better!

8. Me too! :D

Although, I am keeping my expectations low for the Ash-Serena meeting. The dub can mess things up as much as they can make things better for people, you know.

9. ElectroBall

ElectroBall Pokémon Master

The English dub made XY 1 better and XY 2 A LOT better. Especially "OH YEAH, well something unbelievable just happened TO MY FACE, OK?!"
    That was NOT in the Japanese version :D

10. taeuknam

Question: do you think that serena will stay after XY? if she doesn't, what will happen to amourshipping? will serena return for a few episodes and be written off or become a recurring character?

11. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

if serena will stay after xy, then i can come up either she ends up with ash for this journey or go to another region with him

if she doesn't end up with ash, then that means ash travels alone to region 7 thus i can come up with a possibilty that serena might became his rival

amourshipping won't die as long these two remain either be separated or not

12. Right now, I'm still gonna stick to the norm and say that Serena's leaving once XY ends, by which AmourShipping will probably be nothing more than the past. And she will return in the next saga for a few episodes, just like Misty, May, and Dawn. Which is sad. :(

13. Midnightmoon6o2

Midnightmoon6o2 "Tougher than you."

Well so far, yeah. I think the Dub gives Serena a little more sass. But I don't want to say too much since there are only two episodes dubbed. I'm just interested how the dub will handle episode 7.

Lorde likes this.
  14. taeuknam

*sigh*
    That's what always happens... :(

If they do write her off, they'd better make it so dramatic that anyone and everyone watching it would cry for days!

15. Queequeg

Queequeg Well-Known Member

Even though I know that is what most likely will happen I've already decided to stop watching Pokemon if Serena does leave. Ash can't win the pokemon league because the writers come up with BS reasons so his relationships with females have been the only interesting part left but they have always ended pathetically. This is the end of the road for me if Ash lets Serena go.

16. Done watching XY011. No shipping hints at all. But that part where Satoshi helped Serena cross the river was pretty cute, And is it me, or is Satoshi becoming a gentleman in front of Serena? Well okay, I forgot the way how he ate that spaghetti, ahaha. But Serena doesn't seemed bothered by it. Still, it seems that Satoshi will always be there for Serena's aid. ^_^;

And also, I know that it' too early to expect from this, but that scene where Froakie helped Fennekin comb its tail was pretty darn cute as well. Froakie was blushing while Fennekin's eyes were sparkling. *Punches wall*

Not much hint here but the episode was pretty darn good. I love how Jessie caught a new Pokemon (I forgot its name) without any effort, shows how lucky TR in catching Pokemon (I wish they just do that instead of stalking the twerps Ash and his friends.

Looking forward to the new episodes, as well as the movie and special. :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  17. taeuknam

Same here, man! the only good conclusion of XY is marriage between the two.

Question: possible hints in the next episode? or the new years special?

18. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

marriage might be too early for them for now and about the possible hints we can't confirm it as of now cause they only
    show a glimpse of the pics

19. Wow, that'll be quite an ending, then.

Next episode, no, not yet. New Year's Special, not that we know of yet either.

20. AshKetchup64

AshKetchup64 TEH PHIR3

Now that tne topic is back to the normal, I'll post again.
    Yeah, I'll do that too, Serena is my favorite character now, and I don't want too see Ash not returning her feelings, if so, I'll conclude that he will never grow up and only watch her return episodes.
    About the question, I don't expect much, maybe a shippy moment will appear in the special only to make people interested in the upcoming episodes, I want to see her goal too, please, Battle Mansion.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.