• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeHero96

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pr13_zpsb67a9c43.jpg[/img139]

New synopsis is out.

Here's quick translation;
- Satoshi loses battle against Premier
- Premier takes him to kindergarten where she works
- Satoshi helps her with teaching kindergarten students on relationship w/Pokemon

This synopsis does not show anything about Premier asking Satoshi out. (Other than taking him to kindergarten of course lol)
I guess we will find out what's really gonna happen when the actual episode starts.
I mean, if she just wanted to get help from Satoshi, she didn't really have to ask him in such way...

Okay, so now we know that his only battling her because she wants him to help with the Kindergarten, but knowing Ash he would just help out anyway, so what I want to know is why they are having the battle. Maybe she put on an act that she likes Ash to be tend ?? Then when she wins, she takes him to Kindergarten, and Ash is like "what are we doing here?" And then she confesses that she doesn't like Ash that way, and that she just wanted his help, then he could be like "You know you didn't have to put on an act that you liked me, I would of help anyway" and BOOM! he helps out, and maybe Serena is impressed, has a talk with Premier and all that, aha! thats not going to happen xD!

Is it just me, or does Ash look older in this series? It seems like the creators are trying to make an "older" Ash.
It makes it easier for me to ship him with Serena, imo. He looks about 13-14 in some scenes.

We have had this convocation many times :p Yes Ash does look much older, he seems more lanky, got longer hair around his ears, and the z's on his cheeks have faded and gotten smaller. I'd say, in my opinion although he is still probably 10 that he looks about 16 years old.

Navin

MALDREAD
How long do you guys think it will be before things start heating up again?

Well people thought the Sylveon episode with Premier was going to be Amourshippy, but it turned out to be a mistranslation and will most likely be another regular filler. I do hope some moments happen sooner than later...it would be dumb storytelling if Serena likes Ash but never shows it, especially given how much focus was given to it in the first seven episodes.

taeuknam

Well people thought the Sylveon episode with Premier was going to be Amourshippy, but it turned out to be a mistranslation and will most likely be another regular filler. I do hope some moments happen sooner than later...it would be dumb storytelling if Serena likes Ash but never shows it, especially given how much focus was given to it in the first seven episodes.

Maybe they will troll us after all? :(

Hopefully we get hints on the 31st so we can have hope... What if they were about to kiss and that was the end of the preview? that would make people go crazy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How long do you guys think it will be before things start heating up again?

I honestly don't see any AmourShipping episodes airing in the near future. I mean we have a pretty good idea of what will happen in the coming months and nothing about the future episodes screams AmourShipping to me. Granted, we could easily have little AmourShipping hints in some of the fillers and stuff, but I don't think we'll get any extended Ash and Serena interactions for a while. The writers will probably make us AmourShippers wait and keep us in suspense. :s

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pr13_zpsb67a9c43.jpg[/img139]

New synopsis is out.

- Satoshi helps her with teaching kindergarten students on relationship w/Pokemon

This synopsis does not show anything about Premier asking Satoshi out. (Other than taking him to kindergarten of course lol)
I guess we will find out what's really gonna happen when the actual episode starts.
I mean, if she just wanted to get help from Satoshi, she didn't really have to ask him in such way...

yup i was right, the asking out didn't mean any harm. it was only premier's way of asking satoshi to come with her to the school. and satoshi teaching kindergarten students, oh he is going to be a substitute teacher, serena might think he has really matured if satoshi does it correctly

Navin

MALDREAD
Maybe they will troll us after all? :(

Hopefully we get hints on the 31st so we can have hope... What if they were about to kiss and that was the end of the preview? that would make people go crazy.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. Their relationship actually needs to develop before something like that occurs. So far it seems that scan is true - Ash only sees Serena as his "buddy."

PokeHero96

Hey everybody! tomorrow, it's only going to be one more day until the 1 hour special, anyone excited ?? I sure am :D!! I can't WAIT to see if theres going to be any AmourShipping scenes!!! and off cause the other scenes hint hint, Ash trying to save the controlled Pikachu
Will it only be airing in Japan, or will it come onto the internet like the episodes have ??

Sir Aaron Aura Guardian

The True Guardian
I just thought of something, and figured I could share it here.

In X and Y, Pokemon introduced Mega Evolution. Now, what if Ash was to obtain a Mega Ring, and a Mega Stone for his Charizard or whatever other Pokemon he has/will capture, that can Mega Evolve? It's not like every trainer he'll meet can use Mega Evolution, and if Ash was to have a Mega Charizard, he could easily win the Kalos Leauge (unless Tobias shows up with Darkrai and Mega Latios). If Ash finally wins a leauge, they could end Ash's saga afterwards, make AmourShipping canon, and continue Pokemon with a new protagonist, who would be Ash and Serena's son/daughter. If Ash wins a leauge, I don't see him continuing to travel, and I don't see why they shouldn't make AmourShipping canon.

I think this is actually a possibility, unless Pokemon decides that Ash will never be able to Mega Evolve his Pokemon. But considering how Calem/Serena obtains the Mega Ring in the games, I don't see why they should drop it from the anime. If Ash actually obtains a Mega Ring, I doubt the anime would keep going with him losing the leauge in every generation, it just wouldn't make any sense.

It would be hard to follow up if they made AmourShipping canon, and then Ash would continue his journey with/without Serena. It would change the show completly if Ash and Serena kept traveling, but as a couple, and it would just be stupid if they splitted up after XY, but still remained a couple. And besides, many fans wants to have a different protagonist for Pokemon. I say it a win win since Ash can finally accieve his dream, AmourShipping can becomme canon, and Pokemon can continue forever.

What do you guys think about this? What would your reactions be, would you like it if Pokemon did it like this?

Lorde

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. Their relationship actually needs to develop before something like that occurs. So far it seems that scan is true - Ash only sees Serena as his "buddy."

I agree that expecting a kiss in the near future is really pushing it. Ash hasn't bonded with Serena enough for anything drastic; I think it's much more likely that if he ever kisses Serena, it'll happen at the end of the saga after he and Serena have spent a large amount of time together and know each other better. And as I've said before, I don't think the upcoming preview will show any major AmourShipping hints, maybe just little stuff.

PokeHero96

I just thought of something, and figured I could share it here.

In X and Y, Pokemon introduced Mega Evolution. Now, what if Ash was to obtain a Mega Ring, and a Mega Stone for his Charizard or whatever other Pokemon he has/will capture, that can Mega Evolve? It's not like every trainer he'll meet can use Mega Evolution, and if Ash was to have a Mega Charizard, he could easily win the Kalos Leauge (unless Tobias shows up with Darkrai and Mega Latios). If Ash finally wins a leauge, they could end Ash's saga afterwards, make AmourShipping canon, and continue Pokemon with a new protagonist, who would be Ash and Serena's son/daughter. If Ash wins a leauge, I don't see him continuing to travel, and I don't see why they shouldn't make AmourShipping canon.

I think this is actually a possibility, unless Pokemon decides that Ash will never be able to Mega Evolve his Pokemon. But considering how Calem/Serena obtains the Mega Ring in the games, I don't see why they should drop it from the anime. If Ash actually obtains a Mega Ring, I doubt the anime would keep going with him losing the leauge in every generation, it just wouldn't make any sense.

It would be hard to follow up if they made AmourShipping canon, and then Ash would continue his journey with/without Serena. It would change the show completly if Ash and Serena kept traveling, but as a couple, and it would just be stupid if they splitted up after XY, but still remained a couple. And besides, many fans wants to have a different protagonist for Pokemon. I say it a win win since Ash can finally accieve his dream, AmourShipping can becomme canon, and Pokemon can continue forever.

What do you guys think about this? What would your reactions be, would you like it if Pokemon did it like this?

I don't know about Ash leaving, his made a big impact on a lot of people, myself included, yeah he has some haters, but theirs a lot of people who think of Ash as their childhood hero or whatever and that they grew up with him, and would rather see Pokemon end if Ash ends, to me it won't be the same without Ash, and I'm sure a lot of other people think that, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, why does the topic of Ash leaving always tend to sneak into this thread, it's starting to get old, thats probably way into the future. And it's off topic, so can we talk about present things, and things that are about Amourshipping, not AshLeavingShipping.. I know it's not a ship

Last edited:

Mr_Boss

I don't know about Ash leaving, his made a big impact on a lot of people, myself included, yeah he has some haters, but theirs a lot of people who think of Ash as their childhood hero or whatever and that they grew up with him, and would rather see Pokemon end if Ash ends, to me it won't be the same without Ash, and I'm sure a lot of other people think that, but I could be wrong.

I felt this way a couple of years ago. Personally having watched the anime since the orange islands arc, I haven't seen that many changes in his character. I felt that he regressed a little in BW from where he was at his best in DP. Who knows what might happen anyways, since XY is only 11 episodes through, so we'll see. I wouldn't mind seeing a new protagonist, and welcome it. I think of all the female main characters for Ash to ride off in the sunset with, Serena is shaping up to be the most ideal one. Just my thoughts.

Sir Aaron Aura Guardian

The True Guardian

Anyway, why does the topic of Ash leaving always tend to sneak into this thread, it's starting to get old, thats probably way into the future. And it's off topic, so can we talk about present things, and things that are about Amourshipping, not AshLeavingShipping.. I know it's not a ship

I don't consider it off topic, since it's a realistic hypothesis of how AmourShipping can become canon. The way I see it, here are the posibilities:

1. Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, marries Serena, their child is the new protagonist/Pokemon ends.
I think this is the biggest chance for AmourShipping to become canon.

2. Ash continues his journey with Serena.
I think this in unlikely to happen, since they would have to change the show completly to have them as a canon coulpe. Or, they could drop the shipping completly, but then why should Serena keep traveling with him?

3. Ash continuing without Serena.
I don't see this as very unlikely, but if he did, it would be more likely that they drop the shipping than keeping it.

So all in all, I think that Ash's journey ending would be the most likely scenario for AmourShipping to become canon.

Anyways, sorry for bringing this topic up (again). I just like to think ahead, but we should really just try to enjoy the shipping now while it lasts. I'm looking forward to the special, hoping to see more hints there. I really hope we get some more hints soon.

New synopsis is out.

Well that sucks. No, not because I was expecting any jealousy, but because of the fact that Satoshi lost again. >_<

Argh, how many times have he already lost in one on one battles since his 1st journey.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well you need to remember, Froakie isn't at the same level as Pikachu and he is battling an experienced trainer.
Ash losing isn't so bad, remember Premier's Sylveon knows attract so it does make it difficult to battle with that being in effect.
Plus it isn't like we won't get an AshXSerena moment.

Lorde

Argh, how many times have he already lost in one on one battles since his 1st journey.

Countless times, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he'll lose another one. Anyway, maybe we'll see Serena try and cheer Ash up after his loss? I'll admit that the upcoming Sylveon episode seems to be filled with tons of other stuff, but there might be time for a few Ash and Serena scenes or something. I'm just glad that we're not getting a cliche jealousy subplot this early in the XY saga.

--VIRGO--

Hey guys check this out. According to some website that I found, it seems Satoshi and Serena's Voice actresses will do a duet for an opening and ending song for the Pokemon XY series just like back in DP. Here's the video for one of the songs that they will (probably) use for the anime, the music is "Kimi no Mune ni La La La ~" the video is fanmade but the song is original(?). Can someone confirm this?

That's a song from the DP series ending.

About Ash and Serena. Maybe that episode with Premier isn't lost afterall. And we might see a little jealosy from Serena. It's not gonna be anything like "What is she doing with my Ash" but something very subtle, which will attract Serena's attention a litle. I thing it's very good moment for that. Beside episode 7 we haven't seen any episode particularly focused on Serena. Since we know, she has a crush on Ash, it would be good to show it from time to time.

taeuknam

Hey guys, remember Meowth's "boss fantasies"?
What if Serena has "Ash fantasies"? she'll unrealistically fantasize about how a particular favor will make ash love her.

For example:

Serena could see a pretty dress. She goes into Ash fantasy mode.
in the fantasy, ash would be like "Wow, Serena... you look pretty. i want to spend the rest of my life with you!"
this makes serena buy the dress.
In real life though, he doesn't even notice, which saddens her.

That's a song from the DP series ending.

About Ash and Serena. Maybe that episode with Premier isn't lost afterall. And we might see a little jealosy from Serena. It's not gonna be anything like "What is she doing with my Ash" but something very subtle, which will attract Serena's attention a litle. I thing it's very good moment for that. Beside episode 7 we haven't seen any episode particularly focused on Serena. Since we know, she has a crush on Ash, it would be good to show it from time to time.
Thanks for clearing that out ASAP. At the very least I wouldn't be expecting too much.

EDIT: About the duet of Satoshi and Serena, my bad, I meant that it is still just a rumor that the seiyou of both Satoshi and Serena are making a duet for the future op and ed of Pokemon XY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.