• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I can't wait to see how Serena reacts to a possible love rival lol it doesn't seem like a big deal for now but it is nice to see different kinds of hints, anyway looking forward to seeing how Serena acts when she's jealous.

If nothing else happens after, I'd at least like to see someone notice Serena's crush on Ash.

PokeHero96

I'd like to see Ash's reaction to Serena acting wired jealous
Maybe he notices, maybe he doesn't.. humm.

And also, about someone noticing Serena's, crush, at the end of the episode, I'd like Premier to go, "Oh and Serena" Serena turns towards Premier who says "Don't worry about your little secret, it's safe with me" she could say that with a wink. Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie could be a little ahead at this point, Ash could could say "Hey Serena, are you coming!?" Serena turns to Ash, and then back to Serena, blushing a little. Premier could put he hand on Serena's shoulder and go "One day Serena, don't worry".

Thats if Premier doesn't become a love rival aha!

Red Jr.

Banned
And also, about someone noticing Serena's, crush, at the end of the episode, I'd like Premier to go, "Oh and Serena" Serena turns towards Premier who says "Don't worry about your little secret, it's safe with me" she could say that with a wink.

Haha I would love to see that happen, especially since it's quite realistic.

The reason this ship is getting so much hype is because it's the first time the writers are pushing a pairing so much to be canon and they have pretty much made it official(eg. Blushing in the series' poster ad and the character connection table). I find myself often rewatching the flashback moment on YouTube where the hug and cute/romantic music sync in perfectly together, that was easily the most shipping-ful moment in the entire Pokemon series of 800+ episodes. EDIT: Ok not easily, but it still is the most IMO

I also don't get how people think Serena needs to put aside her feelings for Ash in order to develop as a character. It's not as if she can't pursue her goals with the crush being a subplot. You know, it's not unheard of and has certainly been done before.

Also, you never know if Serena NEEDS to leave at the end of the series. She can cook, so maybe she can pull a Brock and travel with Ash in the future regions. Even if she does stay behind in Kalos, Ash can always promise to return to her, and the writers can leave it to the viewers for deciding what is implied by him making that promise.

Last edited:

Lorde

I'd like to see Ash's reaction to Serena acting wired jealous
Maybe he notices, maybe he doesn't.. humm.

And also, about someone noticing Serena's, crush, at the end of the episode, I'd like Premier to go, "Oh and Serena" Serena turns towards Premier who says "Don't worry about your little secret, it's safe with me" she could say that with a wink. Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie could be a little ahead at this point, Ash could could say "Hey Serena, are you coming!?" Serena turns to Ash, and then back to Serena, blushing a little. Premier could put he hand on Serena's shoulder and go "One day Serena, don't worry".

Thats if Premier doesn't become a love rival aha!

I don't think Premiere will be Serena's "love rival" considering that it's already confirmed that Premiere's true intentions are for Ash to help her with a student at her kindergarten and that Serena just misunderstands the whole thing. I wouldn't mind if Premiere noticed Serena's jealousy though. At this rate it seems like nobody in the cast knows how Serena feels about Ash, and it would be nice if another character would notice. It would be a neat scenario in my opinion, even if we might not see Premiere again.

YonaNoveau

Hmm... I am not really that hopeful on this episode. I mean, while we may get some cute moments from Serena, it's likely that the whole date thing just turns out to be a misunderstanding on Serena's part, that is quickly solved and pushed aside so most of the episode is dedicated to the kid scared of pokemon (to make him bond with the teacher and discover pokemon are awesome, yadda yadda), likely Team Rocket's attack makes the kid stand for himself or see pokemon be awesome and get over his fear and ending with Ash never noticing anything and the whole issue of jelaousy forgotten.

I really hope I am mistaken. Best case scenario, for me at least, Serena convinces the kid while she thinks of her own dreams as well.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Hmm... I am not really that hopeful on this episode. I mean, while we may get some cute moments from Serena, it's likely that the whole date thing just turns out to be a misunderstanding on Serena's part, that is quickly solved and pushed aside so most of the episode is dedicated to the kid scared of pokemon (to make him bond with the teacher and discover pokemon are awesome, yadda yadda), likely Team Rocket's attack makes the kid stand for himself or see pokemon be awesome and get over his fear and ending with Ash never noticing anything and the whole issue of jelaousy forgotten.

I really hope I am mistaken. Best case scenario, for me at least, Serena convinces the kid while she thinks of her own dreams as well.

Well, I'm not really expecting much for the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the XY series to be honest. Maybe little things scattered around here and there, but the bigger points probably would be better placed towards the end of the series where such a subplot could get some better development.

So if any little thing happens early on, good enough for me. Not going to expect much nor obsess about every episode looking for hints. Still way too early for all that stuff. Gotta get basic development firmly in place first.

Mr_Boss

Well, I'm not really expecting much for the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the XY series to be honest. Maybe little things scattered around here and there, but the bigger points probably would be better placed towards the end of the series where such a subplot could get some better development.

So if any little thing happens early on, good enough for me. Not going to expect much nor obsess about every episode looking for hints. Still way too early for all that stuff. Gotta get basic development firmly in place first.

So true though. I don't expect ash to suddenly have a like a romantic intervention where he finally notices and reciprocates her feelings. I'll take my hints gradually over the series and hopefully his denseness will gradually disappear as it progresses. And, how awkward would it be for clemont and bonnie to be traveling with ash and Serena as a couple? It would look really awkward early on in the series and wouldn't give any chance for character relations to develop between the four.

Sephora

yes I'm back

That is a cute idea ^^ I hope Premier notices!

I also don't get how people think Serena needs to put aside her feelings for Ash in order to develop as a character. It's not as if she can't pursue her goals with the crush being a subplot. You know, it's not unheard of and has certainly been done before.

Precisely. A person can have a crush and obviously still develop as a character and get it a goal. It is not a one or the other sort of thing.

is it true that the rating for the anime went up to pg

That's what I heard too but I doubt it. It's probably just a rumour.
I am not going to believe anything unless there is proof.

Navin

MALDREAD
The reason this ship is getting so much hype is because it's the first time the writers are pushing a pairing so much to be canon and they have pretty much made it official(eg. Blushing in the series' poster ad and the character connection table).

Except it wasn't the first time the writers are pushing a pairing. Pokeshipping and Misty being a love interest was the entire subplot of the Orange Islands arc and Pokemon 2000.

However, it has been a very long time since then. It seems likely that the pairing might a decent shot of becoming canon, but I would stay mildly optimistic considering the writers' track record with romantic subplots.

I find myself often rewatching the flashback moment on YouTube where the hug and cute/romantic music sync in perfectly together, that was easily the most shipping-ful moment in the entire Pokemon series of 800+ episodes.

I would argue that Contestshipping had some very shippy scenes, and the entire episode of Misty Meets Her Match was a ship-fest. The SatoSere meeting in the woods is right up there at the top though. The orchestrated Laverre Town aka SatoSere's Theme was honestly the best part.

People aren't saying she should put aside her feelings...they're saying she either needs to get goal or at least become a dynamic character with a multidimensional personality. Hypothetically, if every single one of her 'focus' episodes has to tie back to her crush on Ash, I can imagine some of the criticisms would be warranted.

CMDShift4

Anonymous
People aren't saying she should put aside her feelings...they're saying she either needs to get goal or at least become a dynamic character with a multidimensional personality. Hypothetically, if every single one of her 'focus' episodes has to tie back to her crush on Ash, I can imagine some of the criticisms would be warranted.

Actually, there a quite a number of people in this forum who wanted Serena to move on from her feelings and concentrate on a certain goal. Red Jr. is right that Serena can still pursue that "whatever goal" while retaining her feelings.

Sephora

yes I'm back
People aren't saying she should put aside her feelings...

Then you haven't been reading a lot in these forums :p
Many people in the anime spoiler section have wished that that would end up being the case actually.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I didn't know the rating was changed to pg... I guess it is because the fighting and animation have been polished up and it looks a lot more grown up with the style. Also the possible romance could have played a part. What do you guys think?

Navin

MALDREAD
Then you haven't been reading a lot in these forums :p
Many people in the anime spoiler section have wished that that would end up being the case actually.

Oh c'mon, you know I read and comment in that forum plenty.

The general impression from criticizers over there is that she needs a goal that isn't being Ash's waifu. Oh yeah, and that she needs to shapeshift into Sassmaster form. And I've seen a lot of posters over there that are okay with her crush, but just want to see more from her other than that.

Lorde

Actually, there a quite a number of people in this forum who wanted Serena to move on from her feelings and concentrate on a certain goal. Red Jr. is right that Serena can still pursue that "whatever goal" while retaining her feelings.

Most of the people who want Serena to abandon her crush on Ash don't even post here though, so while I respect their opinions, they aren't necessarily relevant. I want Serena to like Ash and hopefully for him to like her back, but I do think that AmourShipping will get a little stale if Serena doesn't do anything else while she's in the cast other than fawn over Ash. There should be more to her role in XY than to be Ash's love interest in my opinion, but the writers seem to be going for the opposite.

CMDShift4

Anonymous
I didn't know the rating was changed to pg... I guess it is because the fighting and animation have been polished up and it looks a lot more grown up with the style. Also the possible romance could have played a part. What do you guys think?

I consider that an upgrade tbh. Shows that XY has been given more depth, even this ship.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I don't think the writers will abandon Serena's crush, it seems to be a really nice addition to the series, what I would like to see is her crush on Ash put to the side for now, develop her character and give her a defined goal, then make her crush on Ash a driving force for her development, for example. when she does her best to achieve her goal but fails in the first few attempts to follow that goal, she will turn to Ash to help her out when she needs the support, allow her crush to build over time instead of either rushing it or abandoning it completely. plus with the way things are going in the series, it seems less likely that they will abandon it.

What I would like to see is Amourshipping becoming either more apparent in the later episodes, or a decently paced build up throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.