• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangeh

I've been lurking this thread for a while, but I don't think I've posted yet. Hi! :D

It's a shame that the previews got everybody hyped up for a shipping episode, because if they didn't do that, I bet everyone would be very excited over the small hints that they gave. Instead it's sort of like "that's it...?" Isn't the target audience 8/9/10 year olds, anyways? Strange way to market to them, as I know at least when I was that age I wouldn't have watched a television show for romance. They must have been trying to attract an older age group, though I don't think this was a great episode for that, lol.

I don't have a really strong grasp on the characters since it's still early, but Serena does seem meeker than the others girls (I haven't watched the anime since the advanced series, but from what I know). Ash can be pretty bold/ reckless/ passionate, so she balances him out better than Ash's previous female traveling companions imo. So far, Serena seems to have taken on the role of chef and navigator, whereas Clemont is the knowledgeable one who explains concepts from the games. Bonnie might be comic relief, or for extra cuteness? She's good at being excited over small things so that Serena doesn't have to do that like past female traveling companions did.

Because Serena does all of the cooking (from what we've seen) and also guides the group, I can definitely see an episode where she becomes either sick or injured and needs to be cared for. They did something similar with Brock way back in the Johto saga (I think?), but I'm not sure if they've done it since then. In particular, I could see Serena leading the group through a "shortcut" in a feverish stupor before the rest of the group realizes something's wrong, and by the time Serena collapses or otherwise announces she isn't feeling well, they'd be hopelessly lost. It would be really interesting to see the rest of the group struggle to take over Serena's roles, and this would be a great way to lead into some shippy Ash/ Serena moments with Ash looking after Serena and telling her that he'll do whatever it takes to help her (or some other typical Ash dialogue), and then dramatically defending her against the (at this point inevitable) Team Rocket attack.

I think the catch to the above scenario would be Bonnie, as she appears to be quite attached to Serena and I could see her trying to enthusiastically take charge. Clemont would probably have to reprimand her for being annoying when Serena needs rest (he'd probably be off building a machine to cook food before it explodes. Actually, I'd love to see him try that), and since I doubt Clemont would volunteer to nurse Serena, this would against leave Ash and Serena together (for a little bit, anyways, as I don't think Ash can sit still for very long).

I was thinking of writing it into an episode-style fanfiction, but I don't have a lot of time on my hands. xD

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
Yes, she is actually blushing in the episode. There are just different "levels" of blush marks, if you know what I mean. Before it was a deeper red because it was towards Ash directly but in the instance in XY013, she had blush marks because of a suspicion. And yes, those "zigzags" are considered blush marks. What else could they possibly mean lol?

Heat exhaustion? Jk. It's been awhile since I've posted.

Anyway, Serena's misunderstanding was nice to see and although some people would probably say it was shoehorned for the purpose of attracting hype for the episode, I would rather see it as the writer's way of saying "btw we haven't forgotten that Serena has a crush on Ash."

I'd rather have these quiet hints that all stack up overtime and make an episode that actually focuses on the the SerenaxAsh subplot all that more credible and powerful. Just wanted to throw that out there :)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Because Serena does all of the cooking (from what we've seen) and also guides the group, I can definitely see an episode where she becomes either sick or injured and needs to be cared for. They did something similar with Brock way back in the Johto saga (I think?), but I'm not sure if they've done it since then. In particular, I could see Serena leading the group through a "shortcut" in a feverish stupor before the rest of the group realizes something's wrong, and by the time Serena collapses or otherwise announces she isn't feeling well, they'd be hopelessly lost. It would be really interesting to see the rest of the group struggle to take over Serena's roles, and this would be a great way to lead into some shippy Ash/ Serena moments with Ash looking after Serena and telling her that he'll do whatever it takes to help her (or some other typical Ash dialogue), and then dramatically defending her against the (at this point inevitable) Team Rocket attack.

I think the catch to the above scenario would be Bonnie, as she appears to be quite attached to Serena and I could see her trying to enthusiastically take charge. Clemont would probably have to reprimand her for being annoying when Serena needs rest (he'd probably be off building a machine to cook food before it explodes. Actually, I'd love to see him try that), and since I doubt Clemont would volunteer to nurse Serena, this would against leave Ash and Serena together (for a little bit, anyways, as I don't think Ash can sit still for very long).

I was thinking of writing it into an episode-style fanfiction, but I don't have a lot of time on my hands. xD

Serena getting sick throughout the series might be possible however if that happens do we think that ash might think of her more than that. although we can definitely see a hint from ash's side if she gets sick along the way. maybe this time ash can cook better, its what I'm thinking.

KingJazza

Havn't posted on here in a while so I'm going to start doing more!

I just watched the episode and I was expecting it to be a bit more "shippy" but it was still a good episode and the blushing and stuff was cute imo.

FatSpanner

My post efficacy is awesome considering that I joined this site 2009...

Hi everyone! Been browsing this whole thread of 450 pages for some quite time now and decided to revive my account and join in!

I'm a multishipper who's currently obsessed by AmourShipping and Serena for that matter and I really like what they are doing in XY and at this early hour of the series starting to throw some massive hints at us. So I am (with eager) following this and can't wait to see where this will take us.

Nice to meet you all! and bear with me since I'm kinda rusty when it comes to this

The blushing doesn't really matter whether it's a deep blush or not. Her reaction is the real deal. At least I can say for sure that Serena does have a crush on Satoshi.

Anyway, that's that with XY013, it was a good episode. Moving forward, I'm excited with the next episode because it's going to feature one of my favorite Pokemon, Nyasper. I mean who could resist those murderous big cute eyes? I don't care who, I hope one of the gang would catch one. *Punches wall to regain manliness*

I also think that there'd be a slight hint on this episode. Too bad from the looks of the preview, Satoshi seemed to be a bit of a scaredy cat again when it comes to ghosts. Serena may not like that :p
Oh wait, I remembered not to rely on those previews anymore . :/

And speaking of Nyasper, I hope Matiere gets an appearance. I'm on my way to her story and I've heard that she has a touching story on the game. Who knows maybe she and Nyasper could be an amourshipper as well. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Serena getting sick throughout the series might be possible however if that happens do we think that ash might think of her more than that. although we can definitely see a hint from ash's side if she gets sick along the way. maybe this time ash can cook better, its what I'm thinking.

I suppose that if Serena got sick Ash would take care of her. It would certainly be different from what we usually see and could show Ash's tender side. However, I think the opposite is more likely to happen; I could see Ash getting sick instead and Serena taking care of him. Ash is usually reckless anyway so he could get sick or injured more easily than Serena imo. Either way, it would be a cute AmourShippy episode if it ever happened.

Tangeh

I suppose that if Serena got sick Ash would take care of her. It would certainly be different from what we usually see and could show Ash's tender side. However, I think the opposite is more likely to happen; I could see Ash getting sick instead and Serena taking care of him. Ash is usually reckless anyway so he could get sick or injured more easily than Serena imo. Either way, it would be a cute AmourShippy episode if it ever happened.
Yeah, something like that happens to Ash every season anyways, doesn't it? But it doesn't usually take up entire episode, except for the stun spore one. The group relies on Serena to get them from point A to point B, and they also rely on her for cooking from what we've seen, so if she was somehow incapacitated, we'd be more likely to see a full episode devoted to it as the group would need to reorganize themselves and take over Serena's duties as well as look after her. Either situation would be cute, but I'd find the one with Serena more interesting from a group perspective.

This would have to be further down the line so that the group was more secure in their roles, though.

Ash getting hurt is more likely than Serena, though, because he is far more reckless. It is worth noting that Serena hurting her knee was what caused them to meet in the first place, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to replay that scene in the present day. I know that a lot of people who sprain/ injure their knees can have continuing problems with them... granted I'm pretty sure she just scraped it up a bit and was being a typical little kid about it, lol.

taeuknam

I want to see Ash sick/injured, and Serena acting like an overprotective mother, mouthfeeding him, taking his temperature, preventing him from sneaking off for his own good, reading him storybooks, etc.

About that scene, when Ash loses a battle, Serena is scared of Ash's "date" with Premier. And, as someone's noticed, Clemont seems to be observing Serena's reaction with the edge of his eye. I know it might be a very long shot but I've got a theory about that.

Maybe writers put something a'la "Leonardo Da Vinci's code". It's a hidden message for amourshippers. Neutral pokefans won't notice it and won't think about it at all. But for us it might indicate. that Clemont suspects Serena's feelings toward Ash. It's message for those, who know what to look for. (In this case hints).

Rewatched XY013 and I don't think Citron was looking at Serena at that moment. It's just that the part of his glasses were covering the little part of his eyes so if you look closely, he's focused on Satoshi's battle like Eureka.

And with regards to the whole being sick (Wow this is the new trend here, Lol), yeah I think it's been done before? But I can't pinpoint which episodes they were. Although it's good to see one again and we're talking about Serena, she's like the perfect fit for a wife/mother.

Last edited:

CMDShift4

Anonymous
Although it's good to see one again and we're talking about Serena...

Very well. It's nice to see things go serene once again :D

I'm personally interested to see an episode like this. I even think that there'll be some hilarity in regards to that situation, but then again Satoshi's "heroics" may play a part as well. I'd love to see him struggle to get some cure for her, it'd be nice.

Also, I've been meaning to post this for sometime. I would like to suggest that if someone brought a "topic to be discussed" that you think or feel that it has been discussed in the thread before, may we do a little bit decency to let others especially newcomers to discuss that? I hope that people who have responded or have discussed that topic may be civil enough to let it go. I don't think a newcomer would have the time to search 400+ pages to ensure that topic has not been discussed before.

---

GIFs I made:

[img139]http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/18901148aee230826ebf0eb5fbf7ba6fb910f4c5.gif[/img139]

[img139]http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/189011474cb8bc4c2abe5a1fdc2e9b035fa24b18.gif[/img139]

[img139]http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/189011460d3a874c3494781e7c6d6c6d72961530.gif[/img139]

Extras:

http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/1890115227295afc6db2d09f32c267ef76b02a52.gif

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/1890115011bcc342d10e000cc4d237e12728dbbc.gif

http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/189011497f5c818b455094363514fa9de2730dcb.gif

UPDATE: With these kind of scenes. I am somehow and somewhat celebrating. Clearly, I dont even have a problem that Serena just happen to be misunderstood the situation in a few minutes. Just because some "petty" tease regarding Serena's feelings was described in the preview or TV Tokyo website tries to lure shippers doesn't mean I'm being feel "trolled" or "manipulated" or "forced" by the anime staff to watch this episode. TV shows tend to do these sometime and I'm sure that it happens not only in Japan. Kids (in Japan - mind you that this is their target demographic) will still watch this episode even those didn't occur, instead I'd feel blessed that after almost one month without a single hint, they gave us something this time even it only lasted a few minutes.

I want some and I got some. I don't feel that I need to complicate such small thing.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
[img139]http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18901/18901148aee230826ebf0eb5fbf7ba6fb910f4c5.gif[/img139]

I really hope Clemont noticed Serena's feelings for Ash. I don't know, he could support the couple by knowing that, wouldn't he ?

Tangeh

I really hope Clemont noticed Serena's feelings for Ash. I don't know, he could support the couple by knowing that, wouldn't he ?
I wish he did too, but it's pretty clear that he's staring straight ahead and not even noticing Serena there. All he had to do was tip his head a little bit. :( I hope he does notice eventually, though. Hopefully before Bonnie, because I think Bonnie would be far more vocal about her observations which would just be awkward for all parties involved. Clemont would keep her quiet and then they could work together to get Ash and Serena together in a cuter, more subtle way.

p96822

Evolve me please
What if Clement make a machine to swicth Ash and Serena's personallies? Serena being clueless and Ash having the crush. :D

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
What if Clement make a machine to swicth Ash and Serena's personallies? Serena being clueless and Ash having the crush. :D

and the only way it can work is if it blows up.
yeah a pokemon can do it, so a machine might be as good

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
A switch machine???? Good idea but i wish that clemont is making a falling in love machine and fennekin and pikachu or Serena and ash fall in love(similiar to dp episode when pikachu and piplup falling in love and dawn and ash held the hand)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I wish he did too, but it's pretty clear that he's staring straight ahead and not even noticing Serena there. All he had to do was tip his head a little bit. :(

If you pay attention, you'll see that Bonnie's staring straight ahead while Clemont's eye is just a little turned towards Serena and you can clearly see he's looking at her. I'm pretty confident that he saw something and is starting to assimilate Serena's feelings for Ash. :p

Sephora

yes I'm back
If you pay attention, you'll see that Bonnie's staring straight ahead while Clemont's eye is just a little turned towards Serena and you can clearly see he's looking at her.
I don't think Clemont was looking at Serena though. He was looking at the battle but his eyes are different than Bonnie's because they are looking at different points in the battle. Bonnie seems to be looking at Sylveon/Premier while Clemont is looking at Froakie/Ash. It is pretty obvious that no one noticed Serena's reaction. I can see why you would mistaken him for looking at Serena, but it is clear that he is not. Go back and look at his eyes and you will see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.