• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Delia's reaction to meeting Serena? Grace's Reaction to meeting Ash in person?
Will they tease them, and how so?

To ber real here, be happy Ash/Serena has a friend

Dark_Giratina

ダークオーラ
I've always thought of them riding a Rapidash together, but okay let's go with a Gogoat or a Mamoswine since we're going to base this on the game. :)

Ash and Serena riding a Rapidash would be amazing! I'm sure any Amourshipper would love to see that. Maybe a step in that direction would be Ash being traded a Ponyta.

PokeHero96

Oh my daze! I just realised!
When episode 13 comes out on Thursday 30th, the English episodes will also start that week on Saturday 1st.
Thats pretty exciting! when the English series starts, we can see how they handle the AmourShipping hints and everything, heres a question…

We have seen episodes 1 and 2 in English. By watching them, do you think they will keep everything similar to the Japanese episodes ??
sorry if this has been asked

silverluigi98

I don't exist
When episode 13 comes out on Thursday 30th, the English episodes will also start that week on Saturday 1st.
Thats pretty exciting! when the English series starts, we can see how they handle the AmourShipping hints and everything, heres a question…

We have seen episodes 1 and 2 in English. By watching them, do you think they will keep everything similar to the Japanese episodes ??
Actually no. I think they are going to soften it up america. Japan always gets more raunchy material.

A few line fix ups in xy001 and sorry to many who will whine and complain, but most tracks are replaced with live music from tpci. So if there are any mess up lines in xy002, they will be fixed.

So check Serena lines in said episode

taeuknam

Probably not, but it is better if most of the hints are in the japanese version, than vice versa, as the japanese version is considered canon.
Hopefully though her crush is still apparent, especially in XY007.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
The English dub will not hurt AmourShipping. Given how Serena reacts to Ash on TV in XY 2 in the English dub compared to the Japanese version, I think the dub could push it further.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think the dub could push it further.

I disagree. I think TPCi has been quite faithful to the original version of the anime ever since they took over the dubbing of the anime, and I really don't think that they'll add more emphasis on AmourShipping. I think they might translate some of Serena's lines differently, but overall I think the context of all the AmourShipping moments will be the same. Honestly, I only watch the Japanese version of the anime anyway, so I'll choose to believe AmourShipping hints that were in the original version over the dub.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Ideally, the dub should be directly translated as much as possible to preserve hint quality and not to either exaggerate or minimize any hints. As long as the translation is pretty faithful to the original, then it's all good.

silverluigi98

I don't exist
What if Serena got a pokemon that had a crush on one of Ash's pokemon? Would they like each other? Would they reflect the feelings of their trainers? :D

Lorde

What if Serena got a pokemon that had a crush on one of Ash's pokemon? Would they like each other? Would they reflect the feelings of their trainers? :D

I honestly don't think that Ash's and Serena's Pokemon should be relevant to AmourShipping. AmourShipping should be all about Ash and Serena with no outside distractions in my opinion. I hope the writers continue to develop the pairing steadily as XY progresses because I think they've done a good job so far and I hope that the consistency continues.

taeuknam

I think that Fennekin and Froakie like each other, or will like each other. Maybe, if ash and serena must part ways, ash will leave froakie with Serena so he can be with fennekin.

Graham Aker

So I was watching the sub of this episode, and after Ash lost and Premier told Ash to hold up his end of the deal by "being with her", Serena was muttering to herself nervously..."Hey...is he really going to?"

I mean, maybe I'm completely wrong on this and maybe it's because it's kinda late...but does Serena thing Ash and her are already somewhat of an item? I mean, they way she worded it almost seems like she thinks he's gonna cheat on her with another girl. No Serena, dear. :p

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Lol, Ash is likely innocent-minded on this concept, so the whole "going out" bit he probably just took as an informal type of thing, not as a date, which he wouldn't really be aware to that either at this time. Serena on the other hand, lol at her making some interesting assumptions already. Goodness, imagine if she had actually lashed out and tried to intervene...

taeuknam

So I was watching the sub of this episode, and after Ash lost and Premier told Ash to hold up his end of the deal by "being with her", Serena was muttering to herself nervously..."Hey...is he really going to?"

I mean, maybe I'm completely wrong on this and maybe it's because it's kinda late...but does Serena thing Ash and her are already somewhat of an item? I mean, they way she worded it almost seems like she thinks he's gonna cheat on her with another girl. No Serena, dear. :p

She's prolly just afraid that someone will take her ashy away from her. She probably already suffered greatly when they were seperated the first time. So she doesn't want to be seperated again. Because in Serena's mind, she probably thought that premier wanted ash to be her boyfriend and travel with her from now on.

Lorde

Isn't it also possible that the translation was just bad? Because Dephender did warn us against some unreliable translations of the XY anime. :x I personally don't think Serena would convince herself into believing that she and Ash are a couple because they obviously aren't (yet). She was probably just worried that Ash would fall for Premiere, not that she thought he would be cheating on her by going with Premiere per se. I suppose there's a fine line between both scenarios, but I really don't think Serena thinks that Ash is her boyfriend.

Graham Aker

Isn't it also possible that the translation was just bad? Because Dephender did warn us against some unreliable translations of the XY anime. :x I personally don't think Serena would convince herself into believing that she and Ash are a couple because they obviously aren't (yet). She was probably just worried that Ash would fall for Premiere, not that she thought he would be cheating on her by going with Premiere per se. I suppose there's a fine line between both scenarios, but I really don't think Serena thinks that Ash is her boyfriend.

The translation subs were done by his group, they're reliable. But yeah, you're probably right on how Serena viewed the whole thing.

Queequeg

Personally, I'm not a fan of her outfit in general, and she looks better without the hat. Hmm...I feel the animation quality has gotten down a bit since episodes 1-7 but maybe I was watching higher quality videos earlier.

Yes, I feel she reached her peak around episodes 7-8 then fell off from there. I looked at some of the earlier episodes and the quality was definitely better but I'm not sure how much that is affecting her looks. Doubt this will affect the ship much anyway but glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes, I feel she reached her peak around episodes 7-8 then fell off from there. I looked at some of the earlier episodes and the quality was definitely better but I'm not sure how much that is affecting her looks. Doubt this will affect the ship much anyway but glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

If you're talking about her design it happened to past girls too. Look at the first few episodes with May and Dawn in them, they're drawn a lot more appealing to the eye than the later ones. My guess is the writers put a lot more work into the girl characters introductions to get people to like them right away, and then after that they don't have to do it anymore.

There was light shipping in the last ep so I don't expect anything else for some time. Obviously they could have made the previous ep a big shipping one but since they didn't that tells me they're keeping the ship on the lowdown for a while. Hopefully there will be at least an episode where Serena's crush becomes obvious to Bonnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.