• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There was Gisele in the OS

Which was a long time ago when the writers didn't feel that Ash being attracted to girls was taboo. Nowadays we're lucky if he even expresses mild interest in girls at all. Serena will have her work cut out for her in my opinion. She'll have to catch Ash's attention and there's very few ways of doing that, although she did well with those macaroons that she baked for him before.

Speaking of Brock......what if at some point...say the final XY season, Clemont and Bonnie have to leave Ash and Serena. That would leave the two of them alone to continue traveling...until they run into Brock, who is in the Kalos region studying Pokemon medicine. When Ash isn't around Serena could tell Brock how she feels, and when Serena isnt around, Brock could knock some sense into Ash and make him realize how Serena feels about him.

Wishful thinking....but highly unlikely.

Dear Nintendo and GameFreak, please bring Takeshi back. But seriously, I really want him back and hopefully he has an interesting role in the series. He doesn't have much role in OS, Advance and DP. He's more like a comedy relief (But I think this is one reason why he's an awesome character) rather than an important characer. He's always being left out most of the time.

BTW, I just started watching DP recently and I'm done watching the episode where Musashi used Aipom in an unofficial contest. So Satoshi IS capable of being jealous, only on the wrong side of the track, haha. I hope we do see him jealous in XY, only this time with Serena. :)

It was really funny to see Satoshi get jealous when he thought that Aipom prefer Musashi over him. Reminds me of XY013.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dear Nintendo and GameFreak, please bring Takeshi back. But seriously, I really want him back and hopefully he has an interesting role in the series. He doesn't have much role in OS, Advance and DP. He's more like a comedy relief (But I think this is one reason why he's an awesome character) rather than an important characer. He's always being left out most of the time.

Brock is not coming back to the anime, and there's no reason to expect him. He would do nothing for Amourshipping like he did nothing for any past main girl ship. Although Brock did oddly notice Kenny's crush on Dawn for some reason.

I can see Bonnie pushing Ash/Serena together but that's it.

Last edited:

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
It so cute that Serena was getting all flusherter like that. Wow I never thought that something like that would been. I do wonder if the writter are going to make more plots like those for awhile

Will Serena have a bigger jelousious over a girl that flirts with Ash?

Lol, I can definitely see that happening now that we've had a peak into her kind of reaction concerning this type of situation. I just sincerely hope she doesn't go down the Gasai Yuno (Mirai Nikki) route.

I can definitely see the writer's trying this kind of situation again. We all do want a sub romance plot going on but realistically, the writers are definitely going to milk this ship for what it's worth if it gets them the ratings. Which is a double edged sword since it has a good chance of serving as the catalyst for Amourshipping to go canon but at the cost of it being acknowledged as simply a ratings grab. Thoughts?

taeuknam

Lol, I can definitely see that happening now that we've had a peak into her kind of reaction concerning this type of situation. I just sincerely hope she doesn't go down the Gasai Yuno (Mirai Nikki) route.

I can definitely see the writer's trying this kind of situation again. We all do want a sub romance plot going on but realistically, the writers are definitely going to milk this ship for what it's worth if it gets them the ratings. Which is a double edged sword since it has a good chance of serving as the catalyst for Amourshipping to go canon but at the cost of it being acknowledged as simply a ratings grab. Thoughts?

I think that if it helps amour become canon, then it's a good thing, even if it is a marketing ploy. I mean, the whole series has been a ploy since EP001, so if it is well executed, I have no objections.

I don't think that the writers are doing this just for ratings. They know what they're doing and they've already planned this ahead of time. They aren't just going to base it on what fans would suggest nor what they wanted to happen. If I know Nintendo correctly, they aren't the type of people who are desperate to get higher ratings. Making amourshipping canon isn't going to help the ratings as well, there's been like a lot of sub plot romance in the series and if they are that serious abut ratings then they'd do something even better than that. Perhaps they are telling us that in XY, Satoshi is in the stage of maturing and Serena will make a huge role during his maturity. Perhaps that they are revealing something even better for the main character of the series.

Last edited:

Dark_Giratina

ダークオーラ
I have the feeling that the writers might take the series the way Inuyasha went with Inuyasha x Kagome. There is the actual plot with a strong romantic subplot. The only problem is that the main character is the male instead of the female. Kagome always had her best girlfriends to talk about their love lives, but Ash only really has Clemont to talk to and the way Clemont is he's not looking for a girlfriend for a while so there's going to be no one to get Ash to even think about girls. We could use more of a way of knowing what Ash is thinking like when he talks to Pikachu when he's stressed, then something to actually get him to maturely think about Serena. Anything could happen though, I can't wait for SatoSere in the future and the English dub!

chalkus

Brock is not coming back to the anime, and there's no reason to expect him. He would do nothing for Amourshipping like he did nothing for any past main girl ship. Although Brock did oddly notice Kenny's crush on Dawn for some reason.

I can see Bonnie pushing Ash/Serena together but that's it.
I think we need Brock back. He brought something to the show that no one else could. The third character is more like a third wheel, anyway. At least Brock was a breeder, doctor and chef. Seems like the best person to have as a wingman if you ask me.

Lorde

I personally don't see why old characters returning would matter in terms of AmourShipping. Like I said before, I don't want outside distractions to be involved among Ash and Serena's relationship. They need to work things out on their own without having other characters get between them. I'm all for more jealousy subplots if they move the story forward and develop Serena's character and Ash notices Serena's reactions, but that's practically the only scenario where I would want other characters to get involved in AmourShipping.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think we need Brock back. He brought something to the show that no one else could. The third character is more like a third wheel, anyway. At least Brock was a breeder, doctor and chef. Seems like the best person to have as a wingman if you ask me.

What are you talking about? People wanted Brock gone throughout the entire span of DP, and regardless he does nothing for shipping. Brock should have left at the end of Johto when Misty did, or at the end of AG at the latest.

Bonnie would be the best "wingman" for Serena is there ever was one. Bonnie idolizes Serena and wouldn't mind her getting with Ash.

silverluigi98

I don't exist
What are you talking about? People wanted Brock gone throughout the entire span of DP, and regardless he does nothing for shipping. Brock should have left at the end of Johto when Misty did, or at the end of AG at the latest.

Bonnie would be the best "wingman" for Serena is there ever was one. Bonnie idolizes Serena and wouldn't mind her getting with Ash.

Really people wanted Brock gone? Wow.
But i feel he should at least make a cameo appearance to help Ash out. Wishful thinking but that would be a good story.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see any old character coming back to help out Amourshipping. It doesn't make any sense really, not to mention outside of Iris/Cilan we probably won't see any of the older characters appear besides them.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Really people wanted Brock gone? Wow.
But i feel he should at least make a cameo appearance to help Ash out. Wishful thinking but that would be a good story.

Brock was pretty much pushed to the shadows a fair bit especially during the Sinnoh saga, when I was watching DP I sort of felt like the writers just put him there, just so he can be just a third character.
Bringing Brock back wouldn't do him any justice and it certainly wouldn't assist Amourshipping in anyway.
the other thing is I feel Amourshipping can stand on it's own without the assistance of other characters, so I don't think Brock would be able to do too much to help Ash out in this situation, maybe because he doesn't need it due to the fact that everyone here knows that Serena has a canon crush on Ash

Lorde

I really hope Serena helps Ash train his Froakie in the upcoming Frogadier episode. I just think it would be cute if she helped them both in any way possible. Even if she only offers and Ash turns her down, it would still be cool for her to want to help him. I mean I think it could possibly bring them closer together. Maybe I'm reaching since I just want another tangible AmourShipping hint, but there you go. :p

Hi!, I found this information (rumors) in a lot of fb pages, so, I don't know if this is true or false, but maybe could be a posibility for a new amourshipping episode (?)

"Also there are some rumors according to the previews of the New Year's Eve Special in the forums of Serebii.net and Bulbapedia:
~ - The episode of Fennekin returning to Serena's arms will be about the lost of it. At the beginning of the episode Team Rocket will want to steal gang's pokémon, they failed but because of the intended, Fennekin will fly away in the "explosion". Serena will run to find it, Ash will say to Citron and Eureka to go to a pk center and find refugee while he helps Serena to find Fennekin, so the whole episode will be about merely the couple together."

What would you think about this?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Hi!, I found this information (rumors) in a lot of fb pages, so, I don't know if this is true or false, but maybe could be a posibility for a new amourshipping episode (?)

"Also there are some rumors according to the previews of the New Year's Eve Special in the forums of Serebii.net and Bulbapedia:
~ - The episode of Fennekin returning to Serena's arms will be about the lost of it. At the beginning of the episode Team Rocket will want to steal gang's pokémon, they failed but because of the intended, Fennekin will fly away in the "explosion". Serena will run to find it, Ash will say to Citron and Eureka to go to a pk center and find refugee while he helps Serena to find Fennekin, so the whole episode will be about merely the couple together."

unless its truly confirmed then we can't suggest anything about this but if this ends up to be true then i'm sure this will have a high shipping chance.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Yeah I saw that too, but I think we need to keep low expectations for this episode, if it were to be happening.
I still see it as a rumour since we have nothing pass the Frogadier and Froakie episode.

but if that episode were to occur, it would be a really nice thing since it would focus on Amourshipping.

Mr_Boss

Not getting my hopes up, but if that rumor is true, I'd be completely satisfied. I'm interested in where you found these rumors though.

Edit: I could've sworn I've seen part of a trailer video with a visibly hurt fennekin jumping back into Serena's arms :/

Last edited:

Lorde

I think those are just rumors in their most blatant form. I mean there was a scene where Fennekin ran into Serena's arms if I remember correctly, but that's really all we got involving the two of them. Anything more than that is just pure speculation at this point. I would like to see Serena and Ash together alone for most of an episode though. I've been dying to see them interact without Bonnie and Clemont around, so I'd welcome an episode like this with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.