• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taeuknam

The "never give up till the end" line will help Ash and/or Serena through at least one sticky situation (I'm actually thinking about the TF arc), we see a reversal of the flashback with Ash and Serena swapping roles (and Serena's crush ends, but Ash's begins), that Poliwag might reappear in some major role (I actually found its usage to be a bit suspicious, since I didn't see any body of water nearby). Those are the only speculations I can think of right now.

I don't think serena's crush would ever end, or at least i hope not, but it'd be nice to see a reversal of the flashback.
I'm hoping for more flashbacks involving the handkerchief, and it comforting her whenever she's lonely or sad. that would show how important he is to her.

EDIT: How will Ash react to realizing Serena has a crush on him?

Last edited:

--VIRGO--

How will Ash react to realizing Serena has a crush on him?

It's hard to predict. He might feel embarrassed but flattered. Especially we saw signs in XY007 that Ash might actually like her as well.

Navin

MALDREAD
Which would depend on how they execute another flashback if they decide to incorporate one, though. The flashback could be unimportant and unneeded, but we can't also rule out the possibility that it could also be another cute one that could be important to the episode's plot. After all, we obviously don't have more flashbacks, but if the writers think it's necessary, they'll add one.

That would be bad writing.

Serena doesn't have any other flashbacks of Ash other than the forest meeting. Serena doesn't have any reason not to mention any other interactions. Ash doesn't even remember Serena without being told and only remembers her as the "Straw Hat Girl." If they hung out multiple times he would at least gotten her name, if not actually remember her. It makes sense he forgot about her since it was just a one-time meeting.

Shoehorning another flashback begs so many questions, and that's barring the fact that it is unneeded.

I personally don't find one flashback to be ALL there is to Ash and Serena's relationship in the past. Like I said, that camp couldn't have lasted for that one day, and we didn't get any clarification over if that day was the camp's last day and Ash and Serena subsequently parted ways after that. Until we get proof on that, we can't rule out the possibility that there was at least one more encounter between them. It could at least be one that Ash wasn't aware of because he didn't notice Serena at the time for whatever reason, but Serena remembers it fully.

Sure, you can't rule out the possibility of another flashback happening. Whether it makes sense or whether it is necessary is a different matter entirely.

But more flashbacks could potentially show another perspective of AmourShipping. Maybe we might learn that Ash had a little crush on Serena at the camp, but he didn't really know what he was feeling and later dropped his crush when Serena left the camp. And then, this crush of his would be brought up in the episode that introduces the flashback.

And that would beg the question why he doesn't remember that once he realized he was to talking to that Straw Hat Girl.

I don't see how it lessens XY007's impact. We can perfectly have reasons why Serena likes Ash, both in the past and present. And it's not like I'm supporting frequent flashbacks dispersed throughout XY. I'm only thinking one more flashback, maybe two.

Why waste the periodic moments you'll see SatoSere with forced and unnecessary flashbacks? This isn't supposed to be some epic love story across time...

There should be development, especially from Ash's side, in the pairing in the present. E007 did a good job in presenting why Serena should still have a crush on him - it would get lessened by continually bringing back another past moment where she likes kid Ash, and not the person in front of her in the present. The flashback did a nice job in serving as a foundation/springboard. It shouldn't be any more.

Nope, not really. And besides, Serena might've been too shy to tell him her name. When someone does something nice to a person that it makes this person have a crush on him or her, then I can easily imagine this person, if he or she is like Serena, to be shy around that person, especially if they're a young kid.

Seriously? Serena, who had no problem talking to Ash, becomes so shy that she can't even speak her name. Even you have to admit that is more than ridiculous.

It honestly wouldn't be the first time they shoehorned something in, so I don't see how it would be a problem now.

------......------

At this point, I'm saying that it's only a matter of opinion. In my opinion, present hints, with a small occasion of past hints, are what matters to help AmourShipping go forward.

Of course, and you are entitled to it. I am merely pointing out that forcing more flashbacks is illogical and unnecessary.

The "never give up till the end" line will help Ash and/or Serena through at least one sticky situation (I'm actually thinking about the TF arc), we see a reversal of the flashback with Ash and Serena swapping roles (and Serena's crush ends, but Ash's begins),

You're still referencing the one flashback.

that Poliwag might reappear in some major role (I actually found its usage to be a bit suspicious, since I didn't see any body of water nearby). Those are the only speculations I can think of right now.

What? How was that remotely suspicious? There could have been a pond right behind the trees...

Like I said, if Ash asked her name, Serena would've probably been too shy at the time to tell him; after all, she seemed like quite a shy little kid back then. If anything, Serena might've even stalked him around the camp without him knowing. :p

Oh that's not creepy at all. Why hasn't she recalled her stalking memories then when thinking about Ash?

Last edited:
Serena doesn't have any other flashbacks of Ash other than the forest meeting.

And you know this...how?

Serena doesn't have any reason not to mention any other interactions.

Unless the writers decide to make it otherwise for an episode's progress.

Ash doesn't even remember Serena without being told and only remembers her as the "Straw Hat Girl." If they hung out multiple times he would at least gotten her name, if not actually remember her. It makes sense he forgot about her since it was just a one-time meeting.

I repeat: either Ash wasn't directly involved in a future encounter(s), or Serena was too shy to tell him her name if he asked.

And that would beg the question why he doesn't remember that once he realized he was to talking to that Straw Hat Girl.

Hence why I said he didn't understand what he was feeling, and that he dropped it once Serena left the camp (I meant to say he forgot all about her).

Why waste the periodic moments you'll see SatoSere with forced and unnecessary flashbacks?

I said I expect only one or two flashbacks to happen if the writers were to go down that path. To make myself clearer, this flashback or flashbacks would occur throughout the saga, not the season. In other words, just one or two more flashbacks, nothing more. I'm not saying many of AmourShipping's hints would be wasted on flashbacks that occur frequently.

Seriously? Serena, who had no problem talking to Ash, becomes so shy that she can't even speak her name. Even you have to admit that is more than ridiculous.

AS A LITTLE GIRL, NOT IN THE PRESENT.

And no, I don't find it ridiculous.

You're still referencing the one flashback.

I thought that was what we were talking about.

What? How was that remotely suspicious? There could have been a pond right behind the trees...

I know. But I thought there was something out-of-place with that Poliwag the moment I saw it. It's probably just paranoia or something, though. :p

Oh that's not creepy at all. Why hasn't she recalled her stalking memories then when thinking about Ash?

That last sentence was more of a joke than an actual suggestion, hence the :p face at the end of it.

taeuknam

It's hard to predict. He might feel embarrassed but flattered. Especially we saw signs in XY007 that Ash might actually like her as well.

Yeah, the cheek scratch + asking her to come with him was a huge hint on Ash's part.
Hopefully, though, he'll confess back to her saying he needs her to be happy and that he's liked her since they were kids.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm really a fan of flashbacks, and it would be nice to have another flashback, a continuations after Ash met Serena and after helping her out. I think I'll probably on Serena's point on view on how she thinks about Ash.XD

If we got another Ash and Serena as kids flashback, it would almost certainly be from Serena's point of view. Not that I'd have a problem with that; her point of view seems pretty accurate. For a while I thought she might exaggerate events that happened between them, but she seemed level-headed and honest about stuff. And since Ash didn't really remember meeting Serena at first, it seems crucial for Serena's point of view to be shown since she remembers that stuff clearly.

Navin

MALDREAD
And you know this...how?

A matter of probability and logic. Why we haven't seen the other flashbacks? Why are her 3 recollections of Ash from the forest meeting?

Unless the writers decide to make it otherwise for an episode's progress.

Bad writing then. Why should Serena withhold information about her past interactions with Ash? There is no reason the flashback shouldn't have continued with Ash and Serena at camp. The way it ends implies that Serena didn't see Ash again after that meeting and hence why after she saw him on TV she wanted to take the opportunity to see him again and return the handkerchief (also she liked him ofc).

I repeat: either Ash wasn't directly involved in a future encounter(s), or Serena was too shy to tell him her name if he asked.

That's the only logical possibility: that he wasn't directly involved. Serena not telling him her name is, quite frankly, silly.

I said I expect only one or two flashbacks to happen if the writers were to go down that path. To make myself clearer, this flashback or flashbacks would occur throughout the saga, not the season. In other words, just one or two more flashbacks, nothing more. I'm not saying many of AmourShipping's hints would be wasted on flashbacks that occur frequently.

That would simply be bad presentation. What is the purpose of shoehorning a random flashback in episode 46 and then another in episode 117? There is none. By then, SatoSere development hopefully would have happened in the present, which is what matters. Not the past.

XY007 did a solid job in reaffirming Serena's crush and why she should like him based on how he handled Rhyhorn racing and helped her with her realization of her misunderstanding. Even that tiny moment at the end when she frowns at him choking on those cookies was nice because it showed she also recognizes he's not an immaculate gentlemen. Scenes like that are what I would imagine you Amourshippers would want to see - of her accepting his faults and admiring his strengths. Not meaninglessly returning to the past. The flashback did a nice job in serving as a foundation/springboard. It shouldn't be any more.

AS A LITTLE GIRL, NOT IN THE PRESENT.

And no, I don't find it ridiculous.

Lol, okay. I am not going to bother changing your belief then.

I thought that was what we were talking about.

What? Nevermind then.

taeuknam

XY007 did a solid job in reaffirming Serena's crush and why she should like him based on how he handled Rhyhorn racing and helped her with her realization of her misunderstanding. Even that tiny moment at the end when she frowns at him choking on those cookies was nice because it showed she also recognizes he's not an immaculate gentlemen. Scenes like that are what I would imagine you Amourshippers would want to see - of her accepting his faults and admiring his strengths. Not meaninglessly returning to the past. The flashback did a nice job in serving as a foundation/springboard. It shouldn't be any more.

It wouldn't be meaninglessly returning to the past. They could show another flashback, one that continues the forest scene, in a development episode of serena, further elaborating on what she likes about him, and answering some questions like why she couldn't return it.
Didn't the ash laughing hysterically in XY006 seem a bit suspicious? like that there's something we don't know and he does?

Lorde

So according to a newly-posted anime thread, Parfum Palace is confirmed to appear in an upcoming episode. I really hope that the fireworks scene happens like in the games, only with Ash and Serena watching instead. I just think that would be the perfect AmourShipping moment and if the writers mess that up I will never forgive them. But I'll try and stay positive about it.

--VIRGO--

No, it wasn't suspicious. He was just laughing at himself.

There are still we questions, viewers would like to have answered. Why she didn't return handkerchief? Why Serena's got lost in a first place? What happened between them after return to the camp? etc.

Btw. I've read that fanfic about pretty cute history of a girl named Serena with a boy named Ash. Very similar to our AshxSerena. It matches pretty well, what could happen between Ash and Serena (flashback XY007) However it's quite odd that this fanfic has been written few years before Serena has been revealed. Quite creepy. Like someone has predicted the future.

Dark_Giratina

ダークオーラ
Btw. I've read that fanfic about pretty cute history of a girl named Serena with a boy named Ash. Very similar to our AshxSerena. It matches pretty well, what could happen between Ash and Serena (flashback XY007) However it's quite odd that this fanfic has been written few years before Serena has been revealed. Quite creepy. Like someone has predicted the future.

What was the name of the fanfic that you read?

A matter of probability and logic. Why we haven't seen the other flashbacks? Why are her 3 recollections of Ash from the forest meeting?

*shrugs* Because the writers wanted to incorporate those scenes, and then they decide later on to shoehorn another flashback? Really, what's gonna stop them from doing that? That's probable and logical too.

Bad writing then. Why should Serena withhold information about her past interactions with Ash? There is no reason the flashback shouldn't have continued with Ash and Serena at camp. The way it ends implies that Serena didn't see Ash again after that meeting and hence why after she saw him on TV she wanted to take the opportunity to see him again and return the handkerchief (also she liked him ofc).

I'm really not seeing any other implication the flashback offered except for Serena liking Ash. We really didn't know much about the camp, so we can't rule out the possibility that Serena at least spotted Ash again.

That's the only logical possibility: that he wasn't directly involved. Serena not telling him her name is, quite frankly, silly.

WHY is it silly? How many more times do I have to say it? SHE COULD'VE BEEN SHY AT THE TIME. It's perfectly natural for someone like her to act around someone who just saved him or her.

That would simply be bad presentation. What is the purpose of shoehorning a random flashback in episode 46 and then another in episode 117? There is none.

To advance the episode's plot, if anything.

Okay, you're being rude right here. OF COURSE we would love to see hints happen in the present. Most of the questions that have been asked on the forum revolve around hints that we'd like to see anytime soon. Why do you think we keep anticipating hints in future episodes that are more than likely to not incorporate any shoehorned flashbacks?

A scenario of a new flashback is just only one of many things we'd like to see coming out of AmourShipping, that's all.

But the moment someone mentions it, you suddenly spring up and state that it's a bad idea.

Lorde

It was very hard to find it again but I've found.
To me it looks, like someone just knew about XY series over 7 years ago.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3067748/1/Lost-Without-You

I heard about this before. It seems really creepy how someone just happened to write a story that ended up becoming true for the most part. I mean the name of the female character, the fact that she wants Ash to remember her, and several other details sound exactly like AmourShipping. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the writers read that fan fic and based Serena's story on it lol.

But anyway, a new preview for XY014/the Espurr episode aired about 30 minutes ago, but nothing AmourShippy was shown. :(

Red Jr.

Banned
It was very hard to find it again but I've found.
To me it looks, like someone just knew about XY series over 7 years ago.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3067748/1/Lost-Without-You

Ya that's creepy...
- childhood
- Ash offering his hand and lifts her up when she's in distress
- the cookies to repay him for his efforts (like when she baked him some in XY007 as a thank-you)
- Her searching to find him, years after
- THE SAME NAME!! seriously... Out of the hundreds, maybe thousands of possible names to choose from, the writer chose Serena.

Anything else? I must say, cudos to the author :)

As for the Parfum Palace episode, I usually try to keep my hopes down but I can't help but to feel excited for it. It would be really REALLY awesome if there's a firework scene between them during the night. Before it commences, they could have a nice intimate convo such as their past, current adventure, aspirations, or stuff like that. This can go a long way in helping Ash realize his feelings for Serena.

Then when the fireworks start, Serena can look up and say "Beautiful, isn't it?" And Ash agrees while looking at her

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That fanfiction really is crazy. Did anyone try to contact the author? Assuming he's still into Pokemon I wonder what he would think if he somehow predicted a character and her backstory like 8 years early?

Status
Not open for further replies.