• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash.mx

The thing is though, I heard that the romance (it's apparently not really anything that significant) is with Shauna and not Serena in the games. It seems a bit strange that the writers are seemingly pushing Ash x Serena before the series even begins so much, that it seems like it will become an integral part of their relationship. It's kinda come out of left field.

And what about the female counterpart?, I mean, if the player is a girl (Serena), does that scene happen with any of the boys? Is it with the main male character ? or one of the other two?.

Since we might assume Ash takes on the main boy role from the games (Calem), and if ever Serena in the anime has a goal and a rival, I'm curious for the further implications it could have depending on who does the scene plays with.

BlueDragonfangirl

They are not really caring about whether they are "childhood friend" or not.
What they are focusing on is that Satoshi is treating Serena's wounds.
That's really big thing in terms of Anime pairings you know. =P

Fans in Japan are generally accepting SatoSere.
Right now, it's SatoKasu Vs SatoSere most of the times.

What's funny is that non-shippers, who does not believe in any shipping at all,
supports SatoSere too because they are getting tired of losers who are complaining/crying out for former girls to show up again.
They are hoping that Serena would put everything to rest.

"Losers" they are referring to is not SatoKasu fans BTW.
They are real losers who has no life (not to mention on them misrepresenting SatoKasu).
2ch does have a lot of people like that lol.

We have Wars in Japan over these two pairings? Now that's shokingXD
For some reason I didn't think SatoKasu would be that popular in Japan due to her being the older woman LOL Should have known better.

It's nice to know this pairing is becoming popular over in Japan, people did say this could beat Pearlshipping with that, cool.

Edit;

I think Shauna could be Serena's rival for Ash's affections due to the games, that'd be fun.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
And what about the female counterpart?, I mean, if the player is a girl (Serena), does that scene happen with any of the boys? Is it with the main male character ? or one of the other two?.

Since we might assume Ash takes on the main boy role from the games (Calem), and if ever Serena in the anime has a goal and a rival, I'm curious for the further implications it could have depending on who does the scene plays with.

With Shauna she treats you (the female) like a good friend. Like in the firework scene she says something like 'I never seen fireworks with a good friend' or something like that. With Calem he invites you to a cafe early on and your rivals thinks there is something going on but you only get disappointed to see he only wanted to talk to you in private to ask permission to become your rival.

I really think this could be mostly a one sided ship but that doesn't mean Ash can't show a hint or two a few moments. Tbh I'm more excited of the hints Ash will show rather than Serena's.

Graham Aker

Yeah but Ash was just as excited to join the contests as with racing. Sometimes it was Ash that wanted to join the contest before May or Dawn did. So I don't really find anything special there. I just find it cute.

What I mean by interested in it, is that Serena seems to be teaching him the ropes. At that's what I gather from that one image. Sorry if I wasn't more clear.

Got a topic for everyone

What would Serena's reaction be to each of Ash's friends' 'antics' when going back to Kanto with him?

Now pre-development counts too.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think Shauna could be Serena's rival for Ash's affections due to the games, that'd be fun.

Am I the only one who doesn't want a "rival" for Ash's affections? I think it is too cliche personally.

Navin

MALDREAD
The thing is though, I heard that the romance (it's apparently not really anything that significant) is with Shauna and not Serena in the games. It seems a bit strange that the writers are seemingly pushing Ash x Serena before the series even begins so much, that it seems like it will become an integral part of their relationship. It's kinda come out of left field.

Hmm, I don't know what they are planning. For all we know, this 'hype' could amount to nothing by the end. But I do think having Ash have a romance with a character who appears on and off might be difficult (the near-canon Contestshipping did employ it though), and it's easier to have it with one of the main girls that Ash basically travels with 24/7 for a long period of time. It allows for better development IMO.

aipomadvanceshipper

Was it because AshxSerena moments weren't shippy or there wasn't any AshxSerena moments to begin with???
when Serena wakes up she says I hope something great happens today and that's when ashs plane comes in

That what was translated
The video and password is up just its not subbed
Other then no ship moments it was a good episode

Last edited:
Was it because AshxSerena moments weren't shippy or there wasn't any AshxSerena moments to begin with???

Serena never left her house to begin with.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/02_zpsbdcecec8.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/03_zpsfb1fcb8f.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/001_zps89afd470.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/05_zpse69d74fb.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/06_zpscbc537ea.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/70c1a85d-3f62-4cbc-a5f3-12dda8b04ea6_zpsde7d50bd.jpg[/img139]

This was all screen time she had in 1st EP + 2ND EP Preview.

Last edited:

Ash.mx

With Shauna she treats you (the female) like a good friend. Like in the firework scene she says something like 'I never seen fireworks with a good friend' or something like that. With Calem he invites you to a cafe early on and your rivals thinks there is something going on but you only get disappointed to see he only wanted to talk to you in private to ask permission to become your rival.

I really think this could be mostly a one sided ship but that doesn't mean Ash can't show a hint or two a few moments. Tbh I'm more excited of the hints Ash will show rather than Serena's.

Oh, I see, thanks for the info.

I thought about using the spoiler tag myself, but since someone put a spoiler warning in the thread's title, and the fact that nobody seemed to care about it anymore, I thought we might go all out with it.

I personally didnt expect the first ep to be shippy, I guess that is the problem with hyping thigs too much.

We also should not expect every interaction between Ash and Serena and every single episode to be that way either.

This is Pokemon, not a romance drama after all.

Navin

MALDREAD
when Serena wakes up she says I hope something great happens today and that's when ashs plane comes in

That what was translated

I don't think Serena meets Ash in the same day as this one, but if she does, it could end up being a shipping hint:

"I hope something great happens today" .....meets Ash later in day!

skybattler262

That what was translated

Enjoyed the scene even without subs... I have to admit it: It's the worse way to have a good morning wake-up call... I'm glad alarm clocks are invented nowadays...
P.S. You seem to have a really hard time using spoiler tags. Whenever you add one, type anything on the dialog box that appears, anything, and check using a preview...
Use the go advance button to aid you

Sephora

yes I'm back

That what was translated

Yeah, I noticed that too :)
Btw, you don't need spoiler tags in the shipping forum since the thread already says it contains spoilers. So no worries!

ThatOneQuilava

I wouldn't expect it to be. It would of been too rushed if it was. I do have heard great praise about it, just makes me more excited for it honestly. Can't wait for the sub/dub.

Speaking of which, is there a set date for the sub/dub? I mean, I don't mind listening to it in Japanese, but I'd like to actually be able to understand though :p

;156;

Alola Adventurer

Speaking of which, is there a set date for the sub/dub? I mean, I don't mind listening to it in Japanese, but I'd like to actually be able to understand though :p

;156;
Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened and a sneak peek of the first two episodes of XY is airing October 19h on Cartoon Network.

Sephora

yes I'm back

;156;

This Saturday :)
So soon, amazing isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.