• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I lost it at the Iron Man/Captain America one.

ZGMF-X666S Legend

Spatial Awareness
That Valentine poster looks somewhat promising that we will expect more artworks (With Ash and Serena only present) in the near future. With this there is a chance that the Ash and Serena "love team" will slowly be on the rise in Japan. :D

Just curious. What if Satoshi actually won against the battle against Premier? Given his nature, I'm pretty sure that he'd still go with Premier specially if he knows that something's going on and if he could possibly help, he'll do it regardles. And I bet that Serena would be surprised with this as hell. I bet she'd tell Satoshi that there's no need to go with her anymore since he have already won the battle. Lol, maybe this'll cause Serena to show a bit of her sassy side and Satoshi would still be clueless about this.

taeuknam

Just curious. What if Satoshi actually won against the battle against Premier? Given his nature, I'm pretty sure that he'd still go with Premier specially if he knows that something's going on and if he could possibly help, he'll do it regardles. And I bet that Serena would be surprised with this as hell. I bet she'd tell Satoshi that there's no need to go with her anymore since he have already won the battle. Lol, maybe this'll cause Serena to show a bit of her sassy side and Satoshi would still be clueless about this.

She would probably throw her arms around him and beg him not to leave her.

Do we have any predictions for the next episode? Or will it be hint-less since its about Bonnie?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I could see her telling him not to go, but honestly, aside from freaking out for a few seconds, so took the whole "date" thing quite well in my opinion. She didn't argue with Premiere after Ash lost the battle and it wasn't until she and the others arrived at the preschool that she learned that she had misunderstood Premiere's intentions in the first place. So I think that either way, Serena wouldn't have confronted Ash or even Premiere. Serena's just not like that.

She would probably throw her arms around him and beg him not to leave her.

Do we have any predictions for the next episode? Or will it be hint-less since its about Bonnie?

Like the previous episode where it focused more on Citron and Harimaron, I'm pretty sure that the next episode would be all about Eureka, Dedenne and Pichu. Satoshi and Serena have to sit this one out. Although I like the way how they smiled at each other at the episode's preview.

Master Trainer Empoleon

Like the previous episode where it focused more on Citron and Harimaron, I'm pretty sure that the next episode would be all about Eureka, Dedenne and Pichu. Satoshi and Serena have to sit this one out. Although I like the way how they smiled at each other at the episode's preview.

I was just about to post something along the lines of this. Any potential Amour moments will be subtle. Though I gotta admit, I like all of the development Clemont and Chespin are getting.

Lorde

Unfortunately, I expect no big AmourShipping hints either. I mean the episode seems to be all about Bonnie (again) so I don't think there would be enough time for Ash and Serena to interact. I mean they'll likely appear together for most of the episode which is always a good thing, but I don't think they'll be integral to the plot in general. I suppose there's still hope for some of the future episodes though, especially the Parfum Palace episode.*Crosses fingers*

PokeHero96

I think right now they are clearing Clemont and Bonnie's character developments up, and then they will be moving onto Serena and her goal, and maybe some more AmourShipping hints. Serena hasn't been getting much camera time, so I think her time is coming, just after Clemont and Bonnie have finished there camera times. Off cause they will have more in the future.. I'm probably not making any sense but basically, I think after Clemont and Bonnie has had their character development episodes, it's Serena's tern, so they will concentrate on her goal, and hopefully more off her feelings for Ash, aha! anyways what do you think about this.

Lorde

I think right now they are clearing Clemont and Bonnie's character developments up, and then they will be moving onto Serena and her goal, and maybe some more AmourShipping hints. Serena hasn't been getting much camera time, so I think her time is coming, just after Clemont and Bonnie have finished there camera times. Off cause they will have more in the future.. I'm probably not making any sense but basically, I think after Clemont and Bonnie has had their character development episodes, it's Serena's tern, so they will concentrate on her goal, and hopefully more off her feelings for Ash, aha! anyways what do you think about this.

The issue that I have with the way XY has been so far is that Clemont at least had a purpose from the beginning (being a Gym Leader) whereas all that Serena had was a desire to find Ash. I'm glad that she found him and is currently traveling with him and all that, but Serena should've had another ambition before she joined the cast imo. I'm looking forward to her getting a goal before then maybe Ash would help and support her and they'd get to interact a lot more and become closer in general.

I don't know about Eureka but yeah I think they are clearing things out with Citron's side so that they could focus more on Serena's goal and Satoshi's battles and maybe some more character developments for both of them.

The issue that I have with the way XY has been so far is that Clemont at least had a purpose from the beginning (being a Gym Leader) whereas all that Serena had was a desire to find Ash. I'm glad that she found him and is currently traveling with him and all that, but Serena should've had another ambition before she joined the cast imo. I'm looking forward to her getting a goal before then maybe Ash would help and support her and they'd get to interact a lot more and become closer in general.

She'll get her goal. I'm pretty sure that traveling with Satoshi will be a good experience for her and for her to find a good opportunity to try something for her own purpose. Of course Satoshi will play a major role on it. I still remember back when Haruka started her journey with Satoshi. She does not have any clear goals as well at the beginning but found one once she have traveled a lot with him. I just hope that Serena doesn't become completely independent like Haruka did when she found her goal, well not that I'm saying that she needs to be too dependent of Satoshi. Maybe from time to time they can help out each other out.

Lorde

She'll get her goal. I'm pretty sure that traveling with Satoshi will be a good experience for her and for her to find a good opportunity to try something for her own purpose. Of course Satoshi will play a major role on it. I still remember back when Haruka started her journey with Satoshi. She does not have any clear goals as well at the beginning but found one once she have traveled a lot with him. I just hope that Serena doesn't become completely independent like Haruka did when she found her goal, well not that I'm saying that she needs to be too dependent of Satoshi. Maybe from time to time they can help out each other out.

I actually want Serena to be more independent. I thought she was quite independent during her debut episode and she seemed to have a lot more personality back then as well. I just don't want Ash to be her only fixation. She should have some other ambition in the meantime since I highly doubt that we'll be getting AmourShipping episodes that frequently. I just think she should do something non-Ash related in between those moments.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Actually ok for her to have no specific goal at this time. Keeps her open to try out many different things to see in the end what may catch her interest. May be better rather than gluing her in to a specific goal early on, as it makes her too predictable as to what will be going on. Also can ask Satoshi on his experiences and his perspectives on things

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Her goal seems to be fashion related. I really want her to get into battling though, she can invite Ash to a cafe and ask to be his rival like in the real game.. It can be a tease if Ash asked her to meet him at a cafe instead so it looks like he is asking her out but it turns out he just wants to be her rival. It can also introduce team flare or Lysandre because you find him talking to Diantha there. Just my hopes.

Edit: Tell me if you think if it's a possibility.

Last edited:

Lorde

Actually ok for her to have no specific goal at this time. Keeps her open to try out many different things to see in the end what may catch her interest. May be better rather than gluing her in to a specific goal early on, as it makes her too predictable as to what will be going on. Also can ask Satoshi on his experiences and his perspectives on things

To be fair, isn't Serena already a bit predictable? She's following after Ash because of her crush and she's been consistent when it comes to him. Granted, I don't think she's blushed as often as she did before when she's around Ash, but so far she's been hanging out in the background and hasn't really done much to make herself stand out. So AmourShipping itself has become a bit predictable for me personally (not that it's a bad thing per se, just that I can usually predict how Serena will behave around Ash).

taeuknam

I'm hoping her goal will be Pokedex related. It would give her an excuse to travel with Ash to more regions.
The games give you a rival for Pokedex completion, and she seems to use her Pokedex a lot.
The only objection would be Trevor becoming Drew 2.0.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I'm hoping her goal will be Pokedex related. It would give her an excuse to travel with Ash to more regions.
The games give you a rival for Pokedex completion, and she seems to use her Pokedex a lot.
The only objection would be Trevor becoming Drew 2.0.

Well Trevor in-game didn't seem to act like Drew at all. He was just a walking pokedex that knows a lot about pokemon.

and if we are talking about goals for Serena I think the battle Chatue (or however you spell it) would be a great one since in the game you have to keep battling to improve your rank. And in the anime it looks like you have to look more formal. So maybe it is a kind of royal style of battling. Now that would be interesting to watch.

taeuknam

Well Trevor in-game didn't seem to act like Drew at all. He was just a walking pokedex that knows a lot about pokemon.

and if we are talking about goals for Serena I think the battle Chatue (or however you spell it) would be a great one since in the game you have to keep battling to improve your rank. And in the anime it looks like you have to look more formal. So maybe it is a kind of royal style of battling. Now that would be interesting to watch.

What about battle institutions in general?
There's probably no battle chateau in gen 7, it's probably something else, so she could keep travelling with him.

Lorde

We already saw the Battle Chateau in the anime in a preview and nothing implied that Serena would battle there; the only main character that was even shown was Ash and he seemed interested in the battles there himself. Best case scenario would be both Ash and Serena battling together to increase their bond, but Serena isn't much of a battler to begin with so she has no business battling there imo.

taeuknam

We already saw the Battle Chateau in the anime in a preview and nothing implied that Serena would battle there; the only main character that was even shown was Ash and he seemed interested in the battles there himself. Best case scenario would be both Ash and Serena battling together to increase their bond, but Serena isn't much of a battler to begin with so she has no business battling there imo.

Maybe she'll take the Multi-battle challenge with ash in the Maison instead? when the league is over?
Or what they could do is give her a goal at the end of the region, and give us a very dramatic goodbye with serena thanking ash for all that he's done for her, and the two part ways. Then have her return a few episodes into gen 7, saying that she can't survive without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.