• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Am I the only one who doesn't like Cremeshipping to be the name? Sorry, but it just doesn't fit. I want a name that fits the series similar to Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping, etc. Or maybe a name that fits them being childhood friends.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Um, may I join as well? I know my name makes it hard to believe I'd support this shipping, but I am actually a multi shipper. And this one might be my favorite yet!

Just think, a girl who knows Ash from the past as a childhood friend interacting with him again. That's the #1 reason I'm going to this ship. So, I ask politely again: May I please join?

Sephora

yes I'm back

NPT

Just a member
After knowing the recent anime news, I'm loving this shipping. It's awesome that Ash and Serena know each other from their childhood, the concept of them being childhood friends is nice.
It's cute when Serena was remebering Ash in the preview. This is the first time when the female lead is revealed to be the the main characters childhood friend, so this made like this shipping.

I am looking forward to the first episode of XY for some good interactions between Ash and Serena

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Woot. After the recent news, I'm definetly going to be watching the anime for this pairing. :D *insert fangirl squeal* :3

BlueDragonfangirl

Um, may I join as well? I know my name makes it hard to believe I'd support this shipping, but I am actually a multi shipper. And this one might be my favorite yet!

Just think, a girl who knows Ash from the past as a childhood friend interacting with him again. That's the #1 reason I'm going to this ship. So, I ask politely again: May I please join?

Of course you can join, no need to ask if you can join, just talk about the pairing :)

I know right? Serena being Ash's child hood friend is a major plus :)
I really hope she talks about the adventures they've had together or why she admires him, I still think its a crush. Come on,most posters in the past never had the main girl characters blush like that, plus that scene of her looking in awe after remembering Ash, gah too much and it's only from the previews.

I don't know about the name honestly, it's hard to pick. Still think some think about there past could be it or some thing, maybe wait a little longer before deciding, after first few episodes.

Kdude146

Look how cute this gif is from the preview:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/0eb71b5d137144b8d85f78940dc1c93d/tumblr_mtdj7qSS4x1r2iinvo1_400.gif

She says "That has to be that boy from back then!"
*flashback of young Ash*
"All right, I've decided."

{TRANSLATED FROM JAPANESE BY ANOTHER SOURCE}

the more and more I watch that the more in love with this ship I become

I really hope that Ash remembers her from the past but if he doesn't then I can totally see Serena working even harder for him

mew151

Thunder Trainer
So far we got Cremeshipping, Hatshipping... haven't other previous pairs claimed these ones yet?

There's XYshipping, but every time I think of that, I think of XYZshipping, so I don't know. This seem to be a name that's difficult to pinpoint, unlike the previous ones.

tzhaa

BondShipping, PastShipping, ReunionShipping those are three that I can think of, what do you guys think :p?

BlueDragonfangirl

the more and more I watch that the more in love with this ship I become

I really hope that Ash remembers her from the past but if he doesn't then I can totally see Serena working even harder for him

Has been through a lot since than, it'd be understandable if he forgot. Once Serena says some thing that happened in the past between them though, bet it'd click. I hope we get some scenes of younger Ash and Serena playing :)

TZ I like your Reunionshipping one, cute :)

Kdude146

So far we got Cremeshipping, Hatshipping... haven't other previous pairs claimed these ones yet?

There's XYshipping, but every time I think of that, I think of XYZshipping, so I don't know. This seem to be a name that's difficult to pinpoint, unlike the previous ones.

I am not sure if those are used or not and you forgot I said chapeaushipping before and I know that one is not used yet

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
>Shipping names
I would love to suggest a ban from naming this ship until the anime comes out. I know it's hard for everyone to not jump on the bandwagon to name it but we still have a month or so before the anime airs. It would be for the best, and besides most of the shipping names suggested (Besides my suggestion and Reunion) are already taken.

>Morning Sun

The problem is that this shipping's name will most likely combo break the naming pattern of Ash/Main Girl. Well, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows, but if you don't then here's a short explanation. Most of the previous Ash/Main Girl ships (It started with May, since Poke I guess could be more in general) have been named after their anime arc in some way or another (Advanced Generation, Diamond and Pearl, Best Wishes [Negai is Japanese for Wish, so...]), and XYShipping sounds really awkward. Anywyas, I should just shut up and stop talking about the shipping's name

>Previous Ash Ship

Am I the only one here who never has supported ASh/Main Girl and been a Pallet/CafeMocha shipper the entire time? I never really liked any of them, to be honest.

>Translation Lines

*Squees*

EDIT: I get hyper ninja'd for long post. The other French Name shipping is just too long in my opinion and hard to remember. The main things about Main Cast shipping is that they can be easily remembered and quick to say/type.

Vini310

I'm a Ash X Serena shipper (to have be honest, I'm an multishipper). Ash and Serena are childhood friends, and how Game Freak said the Pokémon Anime (NOT POKÉMON-AMIE) will leave for another, the chances of having a romantic mood between them is much greater. Out that, being childhood friends, they know each other very well.

BlueDragonfangirl

>Shipping names
I would love to suggest a ban from naming this ship until the anime comes out. I know it's hard for everyone to not jump on the bandwagon to name it but we still have a month or so before the anime airs. It would be for the best, and besides most of the shipping names suggested (Besides my suggestion and Reunion) are already taken.

>Morning Sun

The problem is that this shipping's name will most likely combo break the naming pattern of Ash/Main Girl. Well, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows, but if you don't then here's a short explanation. Most of the previous Ash/Main Girl ships (It started with May, since Poke I guess could be more in general) have been named after their anime arc in some way or another (Advanced Generation, Diamond and Pearl, Best Wishes [Negai is Japanese for Wish, so...]), and XYShipping sounds really awkward. Anywyas, I should just shut up and stop talking about the shipping's name

>Previous Ash Ship

Am I the only one here who never has supported ASh/Main Girl and been a Pallet/CafeMocha shipper the entire time? I never really liked any of them, to be honest.

>Translation Lines

*Squees*

EDIT: I get hyper ninja'd for long post. The other French Name shipping is just too long in my opinion and hard to remember. The main things about Main Cast shipping is that they can be easily remembered and quick to say/type.

I supported Ash x Dento but not Ash x Gary but that's for another topic, this is about Ash x Serena bum bum bum.
I hope this series lasts as long as AG, maybe even longer :)
Think will get a lot of fluff between the two? I know some don't support May x Drew but towards they end they had some moments like that. I'm hoping for some good ones.

ImperialShine

Hey everyone! I had an account previously, but since I change emails so often and I cannot recall which one I used for that account I made this one...

Anyhoo! I am very interested in seeing where this ship goes! the childhood friend angle intrigues me... and it got me thinking. Was there ever a CANON explanation for how Gary became borderline anatagonistic towards Ash before the start of the series?

if not, I was wondering if Perhaps Serena may have been indirectly involved...

like maybe a love triangle involving Ash being not only unaware of Serena's crush on himself but Maybe Gary had unresolved feelings for Serena before her move! that could have caused Gary to feel some animosity towards Ash.. which would explain not only his attitude towards Ash for the first season but ALSO why he was so obsessed with surrounding himself with girls.

tzhaa

May x Drew was probably the most obvious canon pairing since they both showed obvious hints, as well as Misty crushing all over Ash. I think Serena will be just as hinty and who knows maybe Ash will even show some hints back. The only time in canon I've seen him be jealous over anyone was in the Orange Island Arc when Misty was hitting on that gym leader, can't remember his name but if you've watched it you'll know which one I'm talking about.

We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

May x Drew was probably the most obvious canon pairing since they both showed obvious hints, as well as Misty crushing all over Ash. I think Serena will be just as hinty and who knows maybe Ash will even show some hints back. The only time in canon I've seen him be jealous over anyone was in the Orange Island Arc when Misty was hitting on that gym leader, can't remember his name but if you've watched it you'll know which one I'm talking about.

We will have to wait and see.

P.s I hated May x Drew, partly cause Drew is a douchebag :p

I'd love to see both get slightly jealous some what :)
Trying not to turn this thread into a War Zone, don't want thread to close :p
I think this series could be the most shippy series yet, I can see Serena trying to make moves on Ash, the preview just gives off those vibes to me :)

No, I don't think Gary was ever involved in this, to me it looks like it was before Gary was in the picture. Ash looks so young in Serena's memories, hope she talks more about that later.

Ash.mx

Surprised how fast this ship is growing , it shows how fans were expecting any kind of canon crush since Misty in the series( not yet but there's potential) and the fact they have met before, the flashback and the poster could be counted as hints and the show has not even started!

XY games and anime made me interested in Pokémon again , and this might the first shipping in years I'll support . So yeah, count me in.

So, from what Serena says in the flashback scene, it seems that it was just a one-time encounter, so maybe the term childhood-friends isn't "correct" at all, but that also proves that the meeting caused quite the impression for her to remember him just for a one time encounter. What could it be their history?

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I am not sure if those are used or not and you forgot I said chapeaushipping before and I know that one is not used yet

Argh! I knew I forgot a few more. My apologies.

Seems Reunion is no longer an option. I guess we need more previews or the series to actually start if we can all agree on a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.