• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemasterz

King of The Pirates
give us a very dramatic goodbye with serena thanking ash for all that he's done for her, and the two part ways. Then have her return a few episodes into gen 7, saying that she can't survive without him.
Very cliché indeed, but a great ending to gen 6 and beginning to gen 7. It would be great if they did this! :D

taeuknam

Very cliché indeed, but a great ending to gen 6 and beginning to gen 7. It would be great if they did this! :D

And also it should be just the 2 of them going through gen 7.

Does anyone know if we have an AmourShipping website? I've heard that a PearlShipping site was created recently.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I'd prefer if Ash only had 2 companions. Bonnie and Clemont make things hard for the ship but Ash and Serena can still bond regardless.

Purim

Lone Wanderer
She'll get her goal. I'm pretty sure that traveling with Satoshi will be a good experience for her and for her to find a good opportunity to try something for her own purpose. Of course Satoshi will play a major role on it. I still remember back when Haruka started her journey with Satoshi. She does not have any clear goals as well at the beginning but found one once she have traveled a lot with him. I just hope that Serena doesn't become completely independent like Haruka did when she found her goal, well not that I'm saying that she needs to be too dependent of Satoshi. Maybe from time to time they can help out each other out.

By this time in AG, May had already seen her first Pokémon Contest and had an idea of what she wanted to do. Serena has literally one more episode to decide what she wants to before May's decided faster (AG016 VS XY016). Not that I mind at all, since I look forward to all the miscellaneous cute scenes. More spaghetti eating, please!

I'd prefer if Ash only had 2 companions. Bonnie and Clemont make things hard for the ship but Ash and Serena can still bond regardless.

I think this is the wrong idea. Bonnie and Clemont have already shown that they can get out of the way if a scene for just Ash and Serena is coming up (See: XY006). I think they can actually be an asset to the Ship, if they can be brought on board. And I mean, Bonnie hasn't asked Serena to marry her brother yet. Maybe she notices something's up with our honey-haired heroine?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I agree about Clemont and Bonnie. They might hinder AmourShipping in the future if they don't give Ash and Serena some space and privacy imo. Hopefully they won't become a problem, but the fact that Clemont has gotten more screen-time than Serena already bothers me. If the writers are going to keep pushing AmourShipping in the future (as they should lol), then how are we supposed to get big AmourShipping hints if Serena herself is rarely in the spotlight? She needs to spend more time with Ash imo.

Well I got mixed opinion with this. Not that I hate Citron and Eureka, but it is much better if Satoshi and Serena have an older companion like Takeshi. Maybe this time an older girl like Viola or Pansy. On the other side, I think it's also good that Citron and Eureka were their companion. Satoshi would be the matured one in the group. *Rewatched the previous episodes* ..........W-well okay he's getting there but the point is, this is the perfect opportunity for him to be the leader of the group. That way, he can show the rest that he can take good care of them especially Serena. I still remember how he motivated Citron in the Miare tower gym. The way how Satoshi and Serena talked to Citron is like talking to their own child.

Last edited:

pokemasterz

King of The Pirates
but the fact that Clemont has gotten more screen-time than Serena already bothers me. If the writers are going to keep pushing AmourShipping in the future (as they should lol), then how are we supposed to get big AmourShipping hints if Serena herself is rarely in the spotlight? She needs to spend more time with Ash imo.
They are most likely doing character development at the moment. Bonnie will be next, and after that Serena and Ash will be the ones who gets the most screen time. At least that's what I predict.

Ash.mx

By this time in AG, May had already seen her first Pokémon Contest and had an idea of what she wanted to do. Serena has literally one more episode to decide what she wants to before May's decided faster (AG016 VS XY016). Not that I mind at all, since I look forward to all the miscellaneous cute scenes. More spaghetti eating, please!

But difference is that May joined Ash in AG01, while Serena joined the group in XY 07, so technically speaking, she still got a few more episodes to decide what she wants to do lol. Whatever it is , I'm sure it'd definitely benefit Ash and Serena interactions. I still think the writers want to take it slow about Serena deciding her goal and I don't mind it at all, but just saying.

Lorde

They are most likely doing character development at the moment. Bonnie will be next, and after that Serena and Ash will be the ones who gets the most screen time. At least that's what I predict.

Bonnie already got an episode where she didn't develop at all, and the next Bonnie episode seems no better judging from the preview. I just wish that Ash and Serena had been joined by an older male character like someone said before. Someone who would remain neutral and mature throughout the saga and wouldn't get in the way of AmourShipping. I think a three person cast would've been ideal so that Ash and Serena could get more attention together. But alas, it's too late now. :c

Bonnie already got an episode where she didn't develop at all, and the next Bonnie episode seems no better judging from the preview. I just wish that Ash and Serena had been joined by an older male character like someone said before. Someone who would remain neutral and mature throughout the saga and wouldn't get in the way of AmourShipping. I think a three person cast would've been ideal so that Ash and Serena could get more attention together. But alas, it's too late now. :c

Unless of course someone actually jumped in the bandwagon. Maybe that ninja dude will do. Also for Eureka, I won't be expecting any character development with her. Like Masato, she's far too young to be battling anyway. The way how I see Eureka is to act as a support to her big brother and maybe keep him out of Satoshi and Serena's way to avoid any triangles.

EDIT: Although as I've mentioned earlier, a matured female character would be better to join them. Maybe an adult version of Korrina?

Another EDIT: ^ Oh crap, what I said there just sounds so wrong. :/

Last edited:

Purim

Lone Wanderer
Well I got mixed opinion with this. Not that I hate Citron and Eureka, but it is much better if Satoshi and Serena have an older companion like Takeshi. Maybe this time an older girl like Viola or Pansy. On the other side, I think it's also good that Citron and Eureka were their companion and Satoshi would be the matured one on the group *Rewatched the previous episodes* ..........W-well okay he's getting there but the point is, this is the perfect opportunity for him to be the leader of the group. That way, he can show the rest that he can take good care of them especially Serena.

I'd like to note here that the show often equates maturity with height. Professor Oak towers over Ash in EP001, Brock was taller than both Ash and Misty (and Misty was a little taller than Ash), and Brock maintained the title of "Tallest in the group" until he left and Cilan took over. And Cilan was the most mature of the BW Group.

Now, Ash himself is the tallest in the group (not by a large margin over Serena, but by a notable amount over Clemont and lol taller than Bonnie). I agree that this is a good opportunity for Ash to act like the matured leader of the group. Hopefully we get more actions like in XY002 when he was all heroic and awesome... Maybe in the upcoming Malimar Episodes?

Ash being the most mature in the group also makes me hopeful for AmourShipping. Maybe his maturity will bleed into other areas of his life? (hint hint?)

But difference is that May joined Ash in AG01, while Serena joined the group in XY 07, so technically speaking, she still got a few more episodes to decide what she wants to do lol. Whatever it is , I'm sure it'd definitely benefit Ash and Serena interactions. I still think the writers want to take it slow about Serena deciding her goal and I don't mind it at all, but just saying.

That's true, so Serena has until XY21 to decide by that count. We don't know what episode that'll be yet...

I'm greedy, but I want her goal to be something that'll keep her travelling with Ash for a while. Maybe her goal will have something to do with Mega Evolution, which doesn't occur in the games until the 3rd Gym Battle?

And I still think you all are selling Clemont/Bonnie short. I don't feel like this is a similar situation AdvanceShipping found itself in with Max being a virutal impediment. We've already seen Clemont and Bonnie get out of the way. If our observant scientist notices something odd about Serena's behavior, I feel like he'd be the first in line to help her with her Ash problems. And if Serena and Bonnie spend more time together, the more time they have to potentially talk about Ash while he's not within earshot.

Queequeg

I'd say her goal is to marry Ash but it most likely won't be explicitly stated. I still think her minor goal is Sihorn racing and that's something that would appeal to Ash.

silverluigi98

I don't exist
I don't think her goal is marrying Ash cause wouldn't that be rushing things a bit? Ash and Serena are sadly only 10 and i'm pretty sure that getting married to Ash isn't Serena's priority.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think her goal is marrying Ash cause wouldn't that be rushing things a bit? Ash and Serena are sadly only 10 and i'm pretty sure that getting married to Ash isn't Serena's priority.

Serena's crush on Ash is blatantly the only reason she's on the group so far in the first place.

pokemasterz

King of The Pirates
They will most likely add the whole new thing we haven't seen in the game yet for Serena's goal. Nothing like marrying Ash.

Lorde

They will most likely add the whole new thing we haven't seen in the game yet for Serena's goal. Nothing like marrying Ash.

I wouldn't mind if she ended up marrying Ash though at the end of XY lol. I mean obviously they'd have to grow and if Ash does that then his story should be over by that point, but the fact that Ash actually has a chance of ending up with a girl would be a great opportunity for Ash to mature and get older in my opinion. I can just imagine Serena walking down the isle towards Ash.~

Something that I have noticed just now...

I am pretty sure that many of you have noticed already, but Tachi-comi Magazine (one that had SatoSere poster) is a magazine for girls.
It has been widely believed that Pokemon Anime is only for boys...So why are they promoting boys' Anime in Girl magazine?

So yeah, it looks like Pokemon Anime staffs are definitely making a move.
Something that they have never done it before...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

I am pretty sure that many of you have noticed already, but Tachi-comi Magazine (one that had SatoSere poster) is a magazine for girls.
It has been widely believed that Pokemon Anime is only for boys...So why are they promoting boys' Anime in Girl magazine?

I thought they already did this back in DP when Dawn was being heavily promoted for girls, and to a lesser extent with May before that.

I don't see how Serena is being targeted any more toward girls than what they did with Dawn in DP.

Lorde

Well it makes sense since I'm sure that the majority of AmourShippers (and shippers in general) are female, so I'm not surprised that the Valentine's Day poster and XY character relationship chart was printed in a girl's magazine. It backs up my theory that Serena's crush on Ash is being used to get girls more interested in the anime, and it seems to be working which I guess makes AmourShipping successful. :p

I thought they already did this back in DP when Dawn was being heavily promoted for girls, and to a lesser extent with May before that.

I don't see how Serena is being targeted any more toward girls than what they did with Dawn in DP.

I am not talking about them promoting a character, i am talking about them posting shipping elements.
This is first time they are actually describing that Serena does have feeling towards Satoshi.
(Previous one had a question mark so some people still had doubts)

I remember some members making a comment on Pokemon Anime itself is targeting male audience only so, it is wrong to expect any "romance" to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.