• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
So I showed the famous Valentine's Day poster to a friend of mine at work who knows about Pokémon and he's like "So Ash has a girlfriend now?"

This is the kind of impression that the Valentine's Day Poster is going to have on the casual viewer who doesn't really follow Pokemon but has watched it before. And they're going to be curious about Ash's "Girlfriend."

And that will drive ratings.

I was giddy when I realized that. This ship has too much power over me.

I wasn't that interested in shipping until this generation. Was just watching it just for the anime itself. The previews and the first few episodes kinda got me wondering what they're trying here. XY 5-7 really got me wondering if they're serious about trying to add this type of thing into the series.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
:p oops, my bad

I always see that picture appear whenever I search up something Amourshipping related. At first I was wondering if one of the sleeping scenes were like that. It would be cool if she shared a tent with Ash in the latest episode but the writers will never do that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wasn't that interested in shipping until this generation. Was just watching it just for the anime itself. The previews and the first few episodes kinda got me wondering what they're trying here. XY 5-7 really got me wondering if they're serious about trying to add this type of thing into the series.

I've always been a shipper, but ironically I didn't fully support AmourShipping at first. I was worried that it would become too tied up in the plot of the show, but now it's sort of the opposite. I don't want huge hints in every episode, but I do think Ash and Serena moments should be a bit more frequent like the various XY previews led us to believe at first. I'd even settle for Ash blushing or scratching his cheek in embarrassment a few more times lol. :p

I've always been a shipper, but ironically I didn't fully support AmourShipping at first. I was worried that it would become too tied up in the plot of the show, but now it's sort of the opposite. I don't want huge hints in every episode, but I do think Ash and Serena moments should be a bit more frequent like the various XY previews led us to believe at first. I'd even settle for Ash blushing or scratching his cheek in embarrassment a few more times lol. :p

I agree on this. Heavy hints isn't something that the series will always have in every episode given the fact that this is still Pokemon. However, little interactions and slight conversation can still maintain a good relationship between them until one of them gets the spotlight on a main plot or any filler episode. They may not be a couple yet, but the way how they interact with each other is really nice to see.

BTW, so after the Dedenne episode later, it will be the ninja battle thingy next. I hope it turns out well and I hope Keromatsu wins this or at least tie the match with his rival. And this will also look like a good spotlight for Satoshi. Not only to impress Serena, but also to see how he have grown in a one on one battle. I can't wait but for now I'll look forward to the Dedenne and Pichu episode.

Last edited:

taeuknam

I agree on this. Heavy hints isn't something that the series will always have in every episode given the fact that this is still Pokemon. However, little interactions and slight conversation can still maintain a good relationship between them until one of them gets the spotlight on a main plot or any filler episode. They may not be a couple yet, but the way how they interact with each other is really nice to see.

BTW, so after the Dedenne episode later, it will be the ninja battle thingy next. I hope it turns out well and I hope Keromatsu wins this or at least tie the match with his rival. And this will also look like a good spotlight for Satoshi. Not only to impress Serena, but also to see how he have grown in a one on one battle. I can't wait but for now I'll look forward to the Dedenne and Pichu episode.

I'm hoping before the battle, his rival will insult him, and serena will defend Ash. Also, frogadier should "insult" froakie, and fennekin will defend it, so Serena and Fennekin can fangirl together.
Too bad they didn't do this for the sylveon episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hoping before the battle, his rival will insult him, and serena will defend Ash. Also, frogadier should "insult" froakie, and fennekin will defend it, so Serena and Fennekin can fangirl together.
Too bad they didn't do this for the sylveon episode.

Fennekin won't appear in that episode though. But I do want Sanpei to insult Ash so that Serena can defend him. I think she would do that since she obviously admires and respects Ash and she would definitely feel angry if someone was rude to Ash; she'd probably even take it as a personal insult too. I hope we get a little moment like that because it would be something AmourShipping-esque at least.

Purim

Lone Wanderer
For some odd reason Satoshi and Serena reminds me of Asbel and Cheria. I hope the ending goes the same as well. :)

Actually, now that you mention it, I can see that exact dynamic, too. I think the romance'll be handled the exactly the same way. (Lots of silly little hints during the series with a hook up at the end of the series). On a side note, can we have a fanart of this?
Maybe with Pikachu looking Lambda-ish?

And here I was thinking it was going to be more like a Goku/ChiChi romance (IE, nonexistance up until it's important to the plot where they get married). But with our dense Ash, we're definitely not seeing a Mamoru/Usagi style romance.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
For some odd reason Satoshi and Serena reminds me of Asbel and Cheria. I hope the ending goes the same as well. :)

So that would mean Serena dropping the little hints at the beginning, and Ash not really gonna show anything until at least 3/4 through, where then he may start showing some subtle signs and non-verbal cues showing interest.

--VIRGO--

Actually, now that you mention it, I can see that exact dynamic, too. I think the romance'll be handled the exactly the same way. (Lots of silly little hints during the series with a hook up at the end of the series). On a side note, can we have a fanart of this?
Maybe with Pikachu looking Lambda-ish?

And here I was thinking it was going to be more like a Goku/ChiChi romance (IE, nonexistance up until it's important to the plot where they get married). But with our dense Ash, we're definitely not seeing a Mamoru/Usagi style romance.

Now that you mentioned Dragonball. It's a very good comparision. Goku wasn't dense. He was as dumb, as it possible. And look what happened. He get married and had family.

My point is: Even if Ash is dense (but not as much, as in prior series), that not disqualifies him from falling in love. He may become couple with Serena and be happy with her.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

LuckoftheDraw

All in all this was an enjoyable episode. Ash and Serena show a little more interactions this time with each other than past episodes (Which includes even more smiling at each other :p). Only wish we got to hear what they were talking about at the start of the episode, but I like how they communicate a little more off screen.

DP03.jpg

Last edited:

Pikafan123

Mewtwo Maniac
I used to be a huge pokemon fan and then Unova happened..All of a sudden I hear about this new region and new girl Serena who apparently has a huge crush on ash..and now I'm interested.
pearlshipping was big but this is even bigger.I really hope that ash and serena end up together.

Last edited:
Done watching XY016. Nothing shippy but I like how they interact with each other on this episode.

Haven't watch the episode but, is there a "marry my brother (Citron), please/s'il vous plait" portion with the lady on the left?

yep

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/sqwdd_zpsa9ea0b1c.png[/IMG139]

Also,

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/adasdasd_zps42ec569b.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/sASSs_zpsa4aeff5a.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/gregre_zpsf0702e8a.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/grgerg_zps3d11cc62.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/gerg_zps3b912102.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

PokeHero96

I watched the new episode! and I found it really fun, it was enjoyable to watch!
Although there wasn't really any hints, Ash and Serena still had a lot of cute moments, they looked at each other and shared a lot a smiles with each other, it was nice to see :)

I watched the new episode! and I found it really fun, it was enjoyable to watch!
Although there wasn't really any hints, Ash and Serena still had a lot of cute moments, they looked at each other and shared a lot a smiles with each other, it was nice to see :)

Yeah, it's those little things that really matters and what makes amourshipping strong. I don't mind if we get less shippy episodes in the future. The way how they interact is still cute to see especially how they smile at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.