• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purim

Lone Wanderer
Yeah, it's those little things that really matters and what makes amourshipping strong. I don't mind if we get less shippy episodes in the future. The way how they interact is still cute to see especially how they smile at each other.

Can I just say how much I agree with this?

XY is now just 16 episodes long. We're going to have Ash and Serena around for about 3 more years and movies. Big hints are nice, but the true greatness of Amourshipping is just the cute interactions we get week by week. It's kinda the same reason I like AdvanceShipping.

But yeah. This. This all day, every day.

New Artworks from everyone in Pixiv! Of course the theme is Valentines Day.

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/41600059_zps492ff64f.jpg[/IMG139]
Credits goes to: 彩栄花 - http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41600059

[IMG139]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t31/q71/s720x720/1782557_782682668426734_1938866222_o.jpg[/IMG139]
Credits to: さっさろ@twitter - http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41598650

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/41600351_p11_zpsef4906b9.jpg[/IMG139]
Credits to: 幻朔 - http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41600351

[IMG139]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/SatoSere07/41596677_p2_zps03d3d8ab.jpg[/IMG139]
Credits to : 神空寺 桜良 - http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41596677

I also have mine as well. I'll be uploading it later. I just need to add some background. Please look forward to it. :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched the new episode! and I found it really fun, it was enjoyable to watch!
Although there wasn't really any hints, Ash and Serena still had a lot of cute moments, they looked at each other and shared a lot a smiles with each other, it was nice to see :)

They smile at each other all the time though, which I personally don't take as an AmourShipping hint. It's nice that they're spending time together at least, although I wish they would interact more and at least discuss personal things with each other. But I guess I shouldn't expect too much from filler episodes, and it seems like the next half dozen will be pretty bland in terms of Ash/Serena interactions.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
They smile at each other all the time though, which I personally don't take as an AmourShipping hint. It's nice that they're spending time together at least, although I wish they would interact more and at least discuss personal things with each other. But I guess I shouldn't expect too much from filler episodes, and it seems like the next half dozen will be pretty bland in terms of Ash/Serena interactions.

Which I don't care too much about, since stuff is gonna have to start slow, mainly just keeping the shippy stuff on the radar at the beginning. Later on stuff may start to slowly develop, mainly subtle and non-verbal cues.

I'd rather stuff not develop too quickly since XY is not some 20-30 episode series, so no real rush to push things along.

Still waiting for them to bicker at least once to see how they'll deal with that. Can't agree on everything here.

--VIRGO--

The only reason to bicker between them is propably Ash saying something which personally hurt her. Maybe talking, interesting in some girl, while Serena around. I think from her point the worst thing that my happen is shot to her feelings toward Ash. That's my opinion.

However bickering due to any reason is not something I wanna to see. But this is only my personal.

Janovy

Banned
I'd rather not see them bicker. Serena has no temperament unlike misty/may/dawn so she has nothing to get angry about.
Everyone bickers at some point. And the first XY episodes show that Serena can get really sassy when super annoyed or angry. So really, Ash and Serena should bicker at some point. Things get monotone if everyone constantly gets along with each other.

Lorde

I'd rather not see them bicker. Serena has no temperament unlike misty/may/dawn so she has nothing to get angry about.

Yeah, it would be out of character for Serena to argue with Ash. I could see him being unintentionally rude to her at some point via some misunderstanding, but I doubt that Serena would bicker back at him. She's probably feel sad, which is why I don't want them to bicker in the first place. I'm protective of Serena and I wouldn't want her feelings to be hurt. I just want them to hang out in the Parfum Palace episode since that's one of the few confirmed episodes that might showcase them both.

Janovy

Banned
Yeah, it would be out of character for Serena to argue with Ash. I could see him being unintentionally rude to her at some point via some misunderstanding, but I doubt that Serena would bicker back at him. She's probably feel sad, which is why I don't want them to bicker in the first place. I'm protective of Serena and I wouldn't want her feelings to be hurt. I just want them to hang out in the Parfum Palace episode since that's one of the few confirmed episodes that might showcase them both.
You basically want Serena not to stand up for herself and suffer in silence? Lol THAT would be OOC.

Anyway, if Ash and Serena grow really close I think she could act like she does with her mother. She doesn't mind indirectly insulting her mother's fashion taste or being sassy. You can tell that they are really close. Serena CAN fight with people but it doesn't look like it now because nobody is pushing her buttons like her mother previously did.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
If they have to bicker, I hope their feelings get a lot of focus. Perhaps even some tears, regrets and pain. Not a silly thing like the previous ones.
I think a bickering episode could very well be a perfect episode to enforce the AmourShipping. I don't see Serena bickering with Ash, but I think it could always happen, though let's not forget, Serena has broke many female companion patterns. The bickering pattern could also be part of the deal.

Janovy

Banned
Ash/Iris's bickering episode was done really well and they didn't even have feelings for each other. Just imagine then what we could get with Serena's crush.

Queequeg

I wouldn't want to see them bicker either but if they do I hope Serena starts crying. In fact I would probably expect her too anyway or we get her sassy side. Win-win situation either way.

Master Trainer Empoleon

You basically want Serena not to stand up for herself and suffer in silence? Lol THAT would be OOC.

Anyway, if Ash and Serena grow really close I think she could act like she does with her mother. She doesn't mind indirectly insulting her mother's fashion taste or being sassy. You can tell that they are really close. Serena CAN fight with people but it doesn't look like it now because nobody is pushing her buttons like her mother previously did.

I also think we saw a small glimpse of that side of her when she was trying to figure out what Premier's intentions were.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I don't want to see any bickering myself. Serena won't get mad at the group as far as I can see (Especially not Ash). She is a lot more intelligent than the previous female heroines (She makes a lot of the plans and she threw a trail of food out team Rockets truck so Ash and Clemont can follow xy010 I believe) and she wouldn't see a purpose to bicker at people for something silly unless it seriously hit close to home. I don't think the group would stoop so low, so I don't think she would be arguing.

Lorde

I wouldn't want to see them bicker either but if they do I hope Serena starts crying. In fact I would probably expect her too anyway or we get her sassy side. Win-win situation either way.

I personally don't see it as a win-win situation. I don't want Serena to end up crying since that would be going too far imo, and I personally don't think that seeing Serena's sassy side would be integral to the ship. Mostly I'd just like to see her bond more with Ash in an episode dedicated to them. XY007 was good, but the writers could do so much better imo.

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's Valentines day here now and here's an artwork of mine that I just finished lately.

The official valentines day poster really motivated me on making this one. Hope you guys like it.

[IMG139]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1926909_782881515073516_1202444064_n.jpg[/IMG139]

You can find my artwork at my Pixiv account and DA account
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41605872
http://asuna07neros.deviantart.com/art/SatoSere-Valentines-Day-tribute-2014-433831296

Purim

Lone Wanderer
I don't want to see any bickering myself. Serena won't get mad at the group as far as I can see (Especially not Ash). She is a lot more intelligent than the previous female heroines (She makes a lot of the plans and she threw a trail of food out team Rockets truck so Ash and Clemont can follow xy010 I believe) and she wouldn't see a purpose to bicker at people for something silly unless it seriously hit close to home. I don't think the group would stoop so low, so I don't think she would be arguing.

My opinion on the bickering is that, much like the other bickering episodes over the years, it'll be cute. I think Serena can be goaded into bickering with Ash, but it'd have to be something that really got on her nerves, like Ash constantly talking about Rhyhorn Racing and never letting it drop. Saying stuff like "Serena, Rhyhorn Racing is so awesome. I can't wait to see you compete in the next one!" Eventually, her patience for this would snap and she would be snarky and sarcastic with him, just like her mother. And Ash would pick up on it and it would snowball from there. I dunno how it would resolve. Maybe Clemont would invent something to force them to stick together until they get over their fighting. Like a handcuff that he can't remove even if he wanted to because lol Clemont's Inventions. And then the rest of the episode would be them fighting but then growing to understand the other and falling more in love .

I think I just plotted out a fic idea right there....

It could be done well, but I think we're still a bit early for it. I didn't really care for the bickering episode in DP because it came relatively early in the series. AG's was right after the 5th Gym Battle in Hoenn and BW's was in Decolore, close to the end of the series. And every episode with Ash and Misty is a bickering one for those two.

Hey guys, it's Valentines day here now and here's an artwork of mine that I just finished lately.

The official valentines day poster really motivated me on making this one. Hope you guys like it.

You can find my artwork at my Pixiv account and DA account

You do gorgeous work. Thank you for sharing your talents with this thread.

I'm-a try an' contribute fiction, but until I get 10 posts, I can't even post links to stuff, so...

For me, bickering will eventually come in the future but not to the point where it will be too personal or that it will hurt each other's feelings too much. It would really depend on the situation though but like what you guys have said, Serena is pretty smart and matured enough compared to the previous female lead and no matter how sassy she may get, she will eventually be the first one to talk it out with Satoshi. And given the fact on how close Serena to Satoshi is, I'm pretty sure that he'll be able to talk to Serena about the problem as well. This is really something that I'm pretty sure most of us want to see, not because we want to see them hurting each other just to know how much care they could show like the previous bickerings, but rather to see how both of them will work things out as a matured person and maybe as a couple.

You see, most bickering in the past were settled by an adult or a matured person (E.G. Brock). I guess what I wanted to see is how will both of them, especially Satoshi, will be able to sort things out without being told or without any interventions between them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.