• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taeuknam

I want them to argue, but it should be over something significant, like their relationship, not over something dumb, like in BW.
I'm hoping for an argument after they become a canon couple.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I want them to argue, but it should be over something significant, like their relationship, not over something dumb, like in BW.
I'm hoping for an argument after they become a canon couple.

I don't see why they would discuss their relationship unless they're a canon couple by that point tbh. Which is why I believe that if they do have an argument, that it'll likely be over some misunderstanding and would be resolved after said misunderstanding is cleared up. I don't personally think that conflict between Ash and Serena is necessary though; I like that they get along fine.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Lol at what's going on in the picture. Not too unrealistic sometime later on I suppose. Satoshi being innocently unaware of all this. Gotta wonder what's going through Serena's mind at that moment :p. Her heart's probably racing at the least.

Lorde

Maybe Clemont would invent something to force them to stick together until they get over their fighting. Like a handcuff that he can't remove even if he wanted to because lol Clemont's Inventions. And then the rest of the episode would be them fighting but then growing to understand the other

While that sounds like a fun idea for an episode, I can't see Serena getting too mad at Ash to begin with. I mean she has a crush on him and she obviously admires him a lot so I find it hard to believe that there would eventually be a situation where she's at odds with Ash and would require them to be stuck together until the conflict is over. Although I'd laugh if they had to stick together because of handcuffs. Anything that makes it so that they bond is interesting imo.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
While that sounds like a fun idea for an episode, I can't see Serena getting too mad at Ash to begin with. I mean she has a crush on him and she obviously admires him a lot so I find it hard to believe that there would eventually be a situation where she's at odds with Ash and would require them to be stuck together until the conflict is over. Although I'd laugh if they had to stick together because of handcuffs. Anything that makes it so that they bond is interesting imo.

Well, may not even need an argument scenario to get a humorous handcuff scene working. Since Clemont's experiments usually go wrong, in theory he can make whatever machine that somehow by whatever means, can result in Ash and Serena's hands/arms accidentally getting stuck together, trapped in something from his failed experiment :p

Lol, gotta wonder if Serena would even mind such a scenario...

Lol at what's going on in the picture. Not too unrealistic sometime later on I suppose. Satoshi being innocently unaware of all this. Gotta wonder what's going through Serena's mind at that moment :p. Her heart's probably racing at the least.

She's thinking how to rape him get a quick kiss.

Purim

Lone Wanderer

I kinda think this line of thinking is backwards. Most couples fight over dumb things. Heck, I had a fight with my boyfriend tonight about which website has the "correct" listing for Pokémon Episodes (It's actually very interesting, Bulbagarden has a different count than Serebii has a different count than other places...). Ash and Serena won't ever have a fight that jeopardizes their relationship. Serena's not that abrasive and Ash isn't that antagonistic. While I'm sure they could fight about something silly...

...this is a pretty accurate analysis. It's Serena who would have to get mad or annoyed, and I don't know if she'll be doing that. At least, not the Serena we've seen interact with Ash. We still haven't seen Serena interact with her friends the same way as her Mother, but that's a mystery from another day, I guess. (Nor have we really seen a lengthy interaction between Ash and Grace. They only had the one video phone call where they introduced themselves to each other...)

Well, may not even need an argument scenario to get a humorous handcuff scene working. Since Clemont's experiments usually go wrong, in theory he can make whatever machine that somehow by whatever means, can result in Ash and Serena's hands/arms accidentally getting stuck together, trapped in something from his failed experiment :p

Lol, gotta wonder if Serena would even mind such a scenario...

*makes a note* That's another fic idea I have to work with now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You basically want Serena not to stand up for herself and suffer in silence? Lol THAT would be OOC.

Anyway, if Ash and Serena grow really close I think she could act like she does with her mother. She doesn't mind indirectly insulting her mother's fashion taste or being sassy. You can tell that they are really close. Serena CAN fight with people but it doesn't look like it now because nobody is pushing her buttons like her mother previously did.

Serena has no temperament. If Ash argues with her she'll probably burst into tears and run away. Serena worships Ash. She doesn't have the friendly rivalry all the other girls had with him.

Lol looks like we've already tackled enough bickering between them. Now here's a good question for you guys, How would they make up? Will it be Satoshi to confess that he's the one at fault? Or will it be Serena? How would you like them to make up?

Purim

Lone Wanderer
How would they make up? Will it be Satoshi to confess that he's the one at fault? Or will it be Serena? How would you like them to make up?

Ash will be the one to apologize, though I think that's pretty obvious. Mostly because it'd be something Ash does that causes the fight in the first place, where Serena's unlikely to ruffle feathers on her own.
"Serena, I'm sorry I said those things. It was really dumb of me to keep goin' on and on about it. I hope you can forgive me."

And Serena would smile at him. "That's okay, Ash. I didn't help matters by dragging it out. But I really appreciate your apology. Besides, I could never stay mad at you." And she'd probably have macarons to celebrate making up.

I guess that's how I'd have them do it.

Lorde

Lol looks like we've already tackled enough bickering between them. Now here's a good question for you guys, How would they make up? Will it be Satoshi to confess that he's the one at fault? Or will it be Serena? How would you like them to make up?

I think Ash is a humble person in general and would apologize to Serena if he made her sad/mad. I mean I know he's sometimes impulsive and hyper, but even he would feel bad about hurting one of his friends. I'm sure he would admit his mistake and do whatever it takes to make Serena feel better. I'm sure that Serena would accept his apology quite easily as well.

Queequeg

ash is still very immature and competitive. It's only a matter of time before he gets hot headed and attacks Serena for something. And he'll apologize only when someone tells him that he's in the wrong. He won't figure it out on his own.

Also, I think the animation and/or quality is improving, Serena is looking a lot better and the other characters as well.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
ash is still very immature and competitive. It's only a matter of time before he gets hot headed and attacks Serena for something. And he'll apologize only when someone tells him that he's in the wrong. He won't figure it out on his own.

Also, I think the animation and/or quality is improving, Serena is looking a lot better and the other characters as well.

Not sure if I would say he's immature in this generation, but he is still more of a one-track minded type of person. Not only does Serena put Ash on a pedestal, but Ash seems more level headed and neutral on what goes on, so kinda hard for him to really attack Serena for anything specific. She's probably not going to criticize his training style or say he's a noob or anything close to that. He's already lost a few times, but seems to be more mature in his dealings afterwards. I don't expect him to have this big shift into suddenly having an interest in girls anytime soon, as I wouldn't see how he'd benefit at this time.

Yes, the spread of character attention is a nice change vs the old system where plot development was predictable and you'd basically have a third wheel doing nothing. Here there are enough comical gags and with a decent frequency to keep things rolling. And the small interactions will add up over time, just that it's going to take a good while before anything really starts rolling along.

Last edited:
Not sure if I would say he's immature in this generation, but he is still more of a one-track minded type of person. Not only does Serena put Ash on a pedestal, but Ash seems more level headed and neutral on what goes on, so kinda hard for him to really attack Serena for anything specific. She's probably not going to criticize his training style or say he's a noob or anything close to that.

Yes, the spread of character attention is a nice change vs the old system where plot development was predictable and you'd basically have a third wheel doing nothing. Here there are enough comical gags and with a decent frequency to keep things rolling. And the small interactions will add up over time, just that it's going to take a good while.

Yeah, I've noticed that recently he's become a level-headed and humble person in XY, I still remembered when he felt a little shame when he said that he must've looked pathetic for Serena to watch when he lost the battle with Viola but Serena responded that no he doesn't but in fact he was so cool to watch because he doesn't seemed to forget what he have said in the past about not giving up until the end. That time I really felt like he can now accept defeat easily. Another is when he lost the battle with Premier. Normally in a one on one battles like that he'd get frustrated and wouldn't accept defeat easily or even ask for a rematch. The way how I see Satoshi today is very different from what he is during the previous seasons. Well okay, he still have those childish part where he gets enthusiastic in some points but I know that when it comes to settling down issues he can handle them and heck take full responsibility of it.

On Serena's part, I don't also think that she'd be the type who would criticize Satoshi if he loses any battles. I really like how supportive she was from the very first time she saw Satoshi battles. She was the very energetic and optimistic one to cheer him. And I really like how she was the one who fired up Satoshi during battles, Satoshi even mentioned that it was all because of her that he won. Maybe they will become each other's strength when in a tight situation. That's really something to see.

Last edited:

PokeHero96

@asuna07neros Thank you for the art work, they are really good, I love the one with Ash sleeping on Serena's shoulder, and she's like freaking out aha!

And about you question, I think Ash would be the one to apologise. I know he didn't really show it in the first 3 series, but in the BW series, he was really bummed out, you could tell he wanted to apologise to Iris, he just needed that pushed by Cilan and his Pokemon. I think him and Serena will both be kinda down, and if they do bicker, I'd like Serena to talk to Bonnie, while Ash talk's to Clemont. And in the end they both will apologise.

But I'm really stuck on how the fight will start and what will trigger it, humm... there's a bunch of good idea's on here, it could go a lot of ways, it's just with Serena it's pretty hard to predict with this sort of thing haha!

TheAceLeader

To add more in supporting asuna07neros' post, maybe it is on the way they see about one another. Unlike the previous generations' female regional companions who thought of Satoshi either as a kid (Kasumi and Iris) or as an older brother (Hikari and Haruka) most of the time, Serena sees him as an equal like Satoshi is to her, in my opinion. Even when they talk to each other during XY016 (even if we don't know what they're talking about), they seem to be comfortable to do so for whatever reason. That is, again, in my opinion.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think a fights possible, if only Serena get's super jealous over another girl with him again,Ni mean soo jealous that instead of feeling sad about it her anger explodes instead.

Any ways, I saw that Valintines Day advertisement for Ash x Serena, I don't think they did that for any other Pokemon pairing, not even Pearlshipping and that thing was big in Japan back than.

Status
Not open for further replies.